It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christina Forces Owen To Marry Her (Disturbing Video)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Laughing at him and encouraging the girl that is harassing him, all while invalidating his feelings, is not teaching him anything other than that his mother is not there for him.

As for your source, did you read it? It says in no uncertain terms that

if it becomes relentless, hurtful, and unkind, with one kid always doing the teasing and the other always on the receiving end, it's smart to address the issue.

This teasing met all those criteria. What did the mother do? Oh thats right, she filmed it, laughed at it, and encouraged the girl.

UNLIKE YOU:
This mother knows her child,
She knows the childs history,
She knows if her child knows the difference between trivial teasing and bullying,
She knows if her child manipulates situations by screaming
She knows if her child is capable of solving the issue without screaming

So how about we give the mother the benefit of the doubt that she knows the child is screaming to manipulate the situation, that the child understands this behaviour is not the way to resolution and that the child knows she loves him and will protect him AND STOP ASSUMING OTHERWISE from a 2 minute video clip of someones life that you know nothing about. You assume this child is hurt from teasing because he cries, you assume the child feels unprotected by his mother because she laughts, you assume to know these people and the understandings that already exist in the relationships between them.

I hope you are judged as a parent in the same way you judge others, imagine if a case worker was sent to investigate your parenting and passed judgement on 2 minute clip and labeled you an unfit parent. Shame.

edit on 23-7-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

ok, let me rephrase, since apparently mentioning that I am done with the thread got my post removed:

I too hope I am judged as a parent the way I judge others. Parenting is the single most important job on this planet, and has a lasting effect for generations.

To take it lightly is to do disservice to the future residents of this planet.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

so you believe that if the mother had stopped this conversation early on (instead of recording it and laughing), it would have been a bad thing

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Why is this on Above Top Secret.com instead of FUnniesthomeVideos.com?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ewok_Boba

Why is this on Above Top Secret.com instead of FUnniesthomeVideos.com?

Because it isn't funny. It isn't funny at all (except maybe to a masochist).

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

If she didn't record it, you wouldn't have any basis on which to argue points 2, 3, 4 and 5. I'm glad people record things because it means we know what's happenining. We can then bring forward an issue to light that could be resolved. In a lot of ways, recording a crime is far more effective then dropping the camera and intervening. BTW, there's nothing disturbing here and nothing to worry about.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

What is "funny" about this video is how grown the children are acting. Young children "acting" grown is not funny at all. If these children were adults this video would not be "funny" at all, it would most likely end with the police being called to the house. Did you actually listen to the rhetoric??

Prophecy, we love ya man, but I have to ask....why do all of your threads seem to involve you carrying on about something an average, everyday person said on YouTube that you don't like.....as if you have any control over what people say or do?

There are probably a gazillion videos like this on YouTube. Are we going to be subjected to more and more of them because you get angry about the way people are talking or acting?

edit on 23-7-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Dude... It's just small children being children. They don't understand things like marriage, and it's normal for them to cry and scream when expressing their emotions.

They'll grow up and this incident will mean nothing whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
You seem to be assuming that boys and girls will see things the same way when they're adults as they do when they're kids. These kids kids don't know the real meaning of marriage. They're just being kids for petes sake. In 15 years they's forget the whole thing ever happened. And if you think every child in America acts like that, you need to out more.

I really don't see what the problem here is and neither would a psyche major. How exactly is it that you expect children to behave? Do you expect them all to behave in the exact same way? And if you think it's going to be the same way as when you grew up, again, you need to get out more.

Times have changed and they way people do things are a little different. Those kids are going to grow up showing certain traits that their parents have and behave in certain ways that was molded by the environment that they grew up in. It's really as simple as that.

No crimes were committed here and nobody got hurt.

So the boy was crying because a girl wanted to marry him. It's not the first time it happened and it won't be the last.

You know, people are going to start wondering how much of a sheltered life you lead if you are going to get offended by something like this.

edit on 23-7-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Believe it or not i hardly (if ever) go on youtube. I frequent other sites where the video will have a youtube video embedded within it (just as on ATS). However youtube is not the discussion.

What is wrong with discussing the issues that surround us on a day to day basis? I choose youtube videos because besides google videos what else can you embed on this site??

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Speaking of youtube videos, this one is cute, the first one was not.

edit on 7/23/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: on to one

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
As a parent of a toddler I am disturbed....To me the major issue is why the boy was not able to leave the stool...to me this .is a red flag...he never tried to leave the seat..but was tormented by his own mother and sibling.in my opinion this is a disfunctional family and I hope someone intervenes...the boy was clearly in distress and not enjoying his mothers "fantasy"

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
the "they're just kids" argument doesn't fly very well. kids are the most vulnerable to trauma because of their age, and something that parents think is "cute" can be very damaging.

quick example:

when i was 5ish i was with my parents in the car, coming home from a trip. i didn't know where we were, and i asked my mom how long it would be till we got home. my parents knew where we were, and an estimate would have suited me just fine. instead, they told me we would never get home. i kept asking for an estimate, and they kept saying "never". i lost all sense of order and control, had a crying fit and flipped out (my parents laughed because they thought it was cute), and i still resent them for that. remembering it fills me to the brink with anger at the pain they caused me, and the amusement they got out of it.

add a few more incidents like that in,15.4 years, and the curse of a good memory, and you end up with a person who has some deep seeded anger.

if a child is seriously distressed, step in and do something! i'm against keeping kids sheltered, but don't sit by idly while they're in pain, its wrong.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

They are just having fun with the kids (mostly teasing the boy).

IMO nothing is wrong. Although I'd tell 'em to pipe down as they are pretty loud or I'd have to go somewhere else.

This does not belong on ATS, maybe BTS or some other website perhaps a blog.

NOT AN IMPORTANT VIDEO.
edit on 23-7-2011 by ElectricWizard because: ohai

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Seriously OP, you are reading your own issues into this, Are you an unmarried adult woman thats depressed about it? You clearly do not have children, or if you do, i feel for them, with a parent who's as much a control freak as you, poor kids. People with this sort of attitude single and no kids are the reason we have nanny states all over the world atm.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gravity215

Oh boy you're so right i 100% agree with you

Seriously, kids just being kids.

On ATS it turn instantly into abuse and conspiracy

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This video was not funny, cute, entertaining, or otherwise. I cant believe the number of people here that thought this video was funny.

At best this video was disturbing as there seemed to be no adults present capable of putting the camera down and separating the kids for a few minuets. The boy needed sometime to calm down and some encouragement not to get so upset when teased as it is part of growing up and being an adult. The girl needed some time alone also and needed to be encouraged not to continue to tease someone when the teasing as gotten to the point where feelings are getting hurt and emotional, but I guess its okay to learn that after you grow up.

Yes, no one was really being hurt, but the adult present. Sometime later that adult will feel shame for letting it go on as long as it did. The kids will survive this missed learning opportunity as there will be others.

It's just a stupid video that makes you hope you are a better parent than that, but somehow realize you fail. Saying its a funny video makes the pain go away.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Okay, the mom might be taking a small amount of pleasure in the ridiculous situation that she's filming, but it's not exactly disturbing or odd. As a five year old, I spent every day of kindergarten telling a girl I knew I was going to marry her. She told me she wouldn't marry me, but eventually we became best friends for a couple years and then she moved away and we both moved on with our lives.

If you have kids, and you've never had a situation like this occur, then you must have miracle children. If you don't have kids, see if your parents have any home videos of you screaming, crying, or fighting with another kid over some stupid little thing when you were 5 years old. You might be surprised.

I'm much more worried about children of Neo-Nazis, the KKK, or (God forbid) Westborough Baptist Church:

Prussian Blue:

Westboro Baptist Church:

Makes me sick how these kids are brainwashed.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join