It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christina Forces Owen To Marry Her (Disturbing Video)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Some people may see this video as funny, if this is you i recommend you read my post and then watch the video again.

There are so many things i see wrong with this video. As i am writing this i hear the video playing in the background (but i can not see it) and i feel worse about the video than when i first thought to write this thread.

This is a mother, her son Owen and the girl (Christina) is a family friend. I'm no expert on ages but i would say the children are between the ages of four and six. The mother of the boy is filming (she is never shown) and at the 1:50 mark a male voice can be heard approaching and asking "Whats the problem" (i can only assume this is the boys father) but he is never shown either.

Now as i said earlier i see multiple things wrong with this video so let's get right to it.

1) Why won't Owens mother stop this instead of filming? I spend a good amount of time online (when i can) and i watch a lot of videos and i've noticed a trend. It seems as if in every video there are at least three other people standing around with their phones in their hands recording too. Fights, accidents, arguments, Police incidents, EVERYTHING. With the invention of YouTube and other video websites and the advent of videos going "Viral" peoples only course of action when something happens is to record it. Does anyone HELP anymore?

2) Why are these young children having this argument? As i stated earlier, i am no age expert but i'll put my money on these children being between four and six years old. Granted they could have seen a MOVIE or seen a TELEVISION show (programming anyone?) where a princess got married, the proper course of action (imho) would be to say: "Marriage is something grown-ups do when they are in love with each other and they want to start a family", "After you finish school and you get big like mommy/daddy, if you fall in love you might get married too".

These children are having an all out screaming match. If they were twenty years older the police could very well have been called during this argument. If they were twenty years older and having this EXACT same argument (word for word) in front of children their age and it was recorded, that video could be grounds for those children being taken away.

3) Why is this woman training another persons young daughter that she needs to be married? Christina's parents are clearly not around. If you watch the video no other person is looked at or spoken to until the 1:50 mark when the "alleged" husband of the woman/father of Owen comes to ask "whats the problem". If you were watching a child of mine (daycare/school/babysitting) i would not want you teaching my child certain things (especially about God, sex or marriage). People have varying opines and i would rather you consult me first.

The very first words in the video are of distraught young Owen asking his mother "mom, why did you tell her that" leading me to believe that this whole conversation was at the suggestion of the mother. Little Christina then hides behind the cabinet and smiles as the camera woman asks if she wants to marry little Owen, when Christina say yes the mother/camerawoman tells her to tell Owen.

4) Are women trained to act a certain way since birth? We see how this grown woman is promoting this whole situation.

A) You can hear her laughing
B)When the (alleged) husband inquires she replies "i had to"
C) SHE IS FILMING INSTEAD OF INTERVENING

Notice how determined little Christina is to get married at such a young age. I highly doubt she even understands what marriage is!! All Christina knows is it is something she is "supposed" to do. She is also being trained (at such a young age) that boy don't want to get married so she has to force or trick them into it. Notice at the 1:11 mark Christina says "When you ask for some candy at my house i'm gonna say NO!". I actually gasped out loud at that part, she will only give him "candy" if he marries her

Notice how Christina is acting during this argument. She is constantly cleaning, wiping off Owens seat and even sweeping the floor!! She is constantly demanding Owen "look at me" while she is talking and smiling and laughing with her "girlfriend" while she tortures the boy.

5) Are men the same since birth? Maybe i'm biased because i'm a man
All little owen want to do is be friends with Christina and eat some of her candy. He doesn't want to get married. When he gets mad at Christina he doesn't want anything to do with her (let alone get married to her). His first reaction is to turn/run away from her. When little Owen gets older and his hormones get to work will he "give in" to Christinas demands? When the (alleged) husband (quietly) asks "whats the problem" i sense that he made eye contact with his wife and most likely did the hand sign "WHY" at which she laughs and responds "i had to". You never hear from him again. Is it possible he decided to just shut up and give in because he wants some "candy" his self?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think you are blowing this way out of proportion. We humans are social creatures who long for a mate, this is every bit as related to genetics as it is to conditioning. If you want to be outraged at something check out the new "breastfeeding dolls".

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yeah... You need to calm down. There's nothing disturbing about this. It is pretty annoying, though.

Kids act this way; they play house and fail to understand what marriage is. There is no harm being done, except some non-abusive emotional harm. The kind that heals easily.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

I would say it's hilarious if anything.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I made five simple observations about the video. Anyone care to address any of them

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
lol you seriously wrote an essay about this youtube video? All it is that the lady in the video trolling the little boy for lulz. My sisters actually did the same thing to me once.... and I'm not traumatized by it. Talk about overreacting. It may be immature of the adult but it surely isn't gonna give the kid PTSD.

link   

Out of all the matters in the world to deem disturbing, I find it disturbing that you are disturbed by an undisturbing video. Moreover, I believe this is child's play. I do not believe that this video depicts or displays any serious acts that would suggest that the two children are actually getting married. The boy is simply upset, because he believes, and is buying into the scheme of the game. All the while, the mother is antagonizing the girl to upset the boy further. I'd agree that the mother should of stopped the action, but truely its nothing serious.

link   

OK seriously it was a funny video.....

Children that age have all out screaming tantrums about EVERYTHING. My daughter had an all out tantrum the other day because she wasn't a tortoise..... and today she said she wanted to marry the gruffalo....

They are having a tantrum but honestly they dont have a clue what the argument they are having is about. They are just practising arguing, its what children do to learn...........
edit on 23/7/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DARKMINDEDSTAR

The title of the thread is ridiculous. OP's building something out of nothing.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I suppose that when my 3 year old niece takes her dolls and marries them to the "princes" I should stop her and tell her it's wrong?

Magnum

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
I made five simple observations about the video. Anyone care to address any of them
Look, I think I can answer this whole thing for you quite easily. IMO she was simply "messing around" with the two children. She was not really serious about any of it, she was seeing how the kids would react to the proposition of marriage. Now it may seem a little bit harsh, and it probably was, but as already noted, it's emotional trauma that the kids will quickly forget about. I bet 5 minutes later they were eating ice cream without a care in the world.
edit on 23-7-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Sure.

1) There's nothing to intervene with. The kids are both seriously being punks, but they're not being harmful.

2) Kids have had vague ideas about what marriage is for ages. When you were 6, didn't you play house, or see girls playing house? And trying to make other kids play house?

That last point answers 3, and 4, also.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
ok i agree with point 1 People do just stand and watch. But in this case there JUST kids, kids always argue parents think its cute at times.
But the rest is laughable,again, there kids
Kids have been playing grown ups for century's.

Are you a girl? Is that why your offended?

The only thing disturbing about this is your post
edit on 23-7-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

I know I can not help but to ask myself how I even got involved....

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

OK seriously it was a funny video.....

Children that age have all out screaming tantrums about EVERYTHING. My daughter had an all out tantrum the other day because she wasn't a tortoise..... and today she said she wanted to marry the gruffalo....

They are having a tantrum but honestly they dont have a clue what the argument they are having is about. They are just practising arguing, its what children do to learn...........
edit on 23/7/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

What is "funny" about this video is how grown the children are acting. Young children "acting" grown is not funny at all.

If these children were adults this video would not be "funny" at all, it would most likely end with the police being called to the house. Did you actually listen to the rhetoric??

This conversation could be acted out by adults and be believable. Adults could not believably act out being mad because they thought they were a tortoise unless they were mentally challenged.

This subject and conversation is too grown for these children and very much believable.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

Adults could not believably act out being mad because they thought they were a tortoise unless they were mentally challenged.

What?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I need a Psych major in here to back me up.

From a psychological point of view this video is very telling.

Issues developed from young are ingrained in a person and very much the cause of later aggressions.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

...I actually gasped out loud at that part, she will only give him "candy" if he marries her

I've known a few women like that...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

As for the rest of it, I don't know what there really is to say. Are we supposed to discuss parenting techniques? I wouldn't have handled it the she did, but I don't think what went down in the video is the end of the world, either.

I'm trying to come up with a broader theme to latch onto here...You mentioned "programming" for marriage and so on. This happens in society, of course. And it starts young, sure. I guess we could look at it in terms of the socialization process. Since I think the traditional 2-parent family is the best way to raise kids, I'm not too concerned about society pushing marriage in general, so I don't look at it as "programming."

My 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

HAHAHA
I laughed alot at this video.
All my grown up married friends would cry too at the thought of getting married much like that kid does.
He seems to be mature for his age.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join