It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christina Forces Owen To Marry Her (Disturbing Video)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by byteshertz

I find that mindset scary. This woman is not teaching these children to deal with situation. She is teaching the son that she finds it funny when he is upset, and that turning from the situation is not the right thing to do.

So what would you have done - watch me make you look like an unfit parent.

It's pretty easy to use words to make someone look like an unfit parent. Its a whole other thing when there is VIDEO EVIDENCE to back it up.

The bottom line is, the mother and the little girl were the antagonists here. They are the ones that continue to re-enter the situation, and to prolong it. Again, the little boy turned his back to remove himself from it. The mother then allowed the little girl to continue to antagonize.

The continuation shows him that his overreaction does not allow him to manipulate a situation. As far as it being antagonizing, torture, painful - she said he was going to marry him, if this hurts him that badly then how is he going to feel when he goes to school and another kid tells him to kill himself, that his family is retarded, that he is fat, ugly, stupid? This was a trivial situation he overreacted to.
Changing the situation in his favor every time he screams sends him the message it is ok to scream at someone every time someone says something he doesnt like.
You end up with a child that screams at his parents for everything and wonders why this doesnt work when he gets older - that is bad parenting.

Show me any situation in life where screaming at someone because of something they are saying works and does not deminish their rights?

edit on 23-7-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

link   

link   
reply to post by Annee

So? No difference - - he isn't getting off the stool. Obviously - - he has been taught to stay on the stool.

I've had similar experiences with my brother when I was a kid. Can't remember what the topic was - - but same scenario.

The difference is that is not his sister. I'm not even touching that "taught to stay on the stool comment". You act as if the fact that he is sitting on a stool (getting a haircut by the way) that somehow makes him a criminal. Hate men much

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I find that mindset scary. This woman is not teaching these children to deal with situation. She is teaching the son that she finds it funny when he is upset, and that turning from the situation is not the right thing to do.

So what would you have done - watch me make you look like an unfit parent.

It's pretty easy to use words to make someone look like an unfit parent. Its a whole other thing when there is VIDEO EVIDENCE to back it up.

The bottom line is, the mother and the little girl were the antagonists here. They are the ones that continue to re-enter the situation, and to prolong it. Again, the little boy turned his back to remove himself from it. The mother then allowed the little girl to continue to antagonize.

The continuation shows him that his overreaction does not allow him to manipulate a situation. As far as it being antagonizing, torture, painful - she said he was going to marry him, if this hurts him that badly then how is he going to feel when he goes to school and another kid tells him to kill himself, that his family is retarded, that he is fat, ugly, stupid? This was a trivial situation he overreacted to.
Changing the situation in his favor every time he screams sends him the message it is ok to scream at someone every time someone says something he doesnt like.
You end up with a child that screams at his parents for everything and wonders why this doesnt work when he gets older - that is bad parenting.

I agree 100% that the kid is overreacting. However, had the PARENT in the situation stepped in at the beginning and said to the little girl "he doesnt have to, if he doesnt want to. Marriage is a choice and cannot be forced", the whole thing wouldnt have escalated.

It did escalate, because the parent thought it was funny. Thats it, and thats all. Did you consider that perhaps the reason he screams the way he does is that the mother acts this way every time he gets upset? That the only way he can get heard is to scream?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Show me any situation in life where screaming at someone because of something they are saying works and does not deminish their rights?

Show me any situation in life where harassing a person to tears is considered good parenting....

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

The continuation shows him that his overreaction does not allow him to manipulate a situation. As far as it being antagonizing, torture, painful - she said he was going to marry him,

Why do you insist on calling this little boy manipulative and a manipulator? You act as if his feelings can't be hurt. He is FIVE years old!! He believes that this girl can force him to marry her and it scares him!! He asks his mother for help and she refuses. He doesn't understand and he is scared.

if this hurts him that badly then how is he going to feel when he goes to school and another kid tells him to kill himself, that his family is retarded, that he is fat, ugly, stupid? This was a trivial situation he overreacted to.

Tell that to all the kids that committed suicide over bullying this year alone. You are heartless and you sound like you have "men" issues of your own.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3

Is this the best you can do, really? Just silly little ad homs?

That is funny you say ad homs are silly yet in the same post you make fun of my grammar.
I feel sorry for yourpoor kids

Why would you disrespect that mans children just because you disagree with him on an online forum

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Well, my kids do come away knowing the difference between 'your' and 'you're', thats for sure, so I cant be that bad, comparatively speaking.

But I digress.

So tell me what context I should be taking this in. That its ok for parents to ridicule their kids? That parents should facilitate, and encourage, harassing behavior?

Congratuations your kids can spell, you must be a good parent

Is it this parents job to shelter her child from the world or teach her child how to survive in the world?

"Harrassing behavior" happens when parents are not around you know, there is no way to stop this.
So you are teaching your child it is ok to scream at the other child until a parent intervenes or they get their way instead of teaching them that if they ignore situations that pose no harm to them and choose when the behaviour is really "harrassing" so that the situation can be taken seriously.

I assume your kids go to school, where you can not protect them. They will get taunted, teased, bullied at stages throughout their school life - just about everyone experiences this at some point.
What is screaming at the other kid or teacher going to achieve if it is something trivial - the teacher will tell the child to stop wasting their time, the other kids will see this reaction and see them as the weak one they can get a reaction out of when they are bored, and the kid will not understand what he is doing wrong.

GREAT PARENT!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Come on. Kids fight about stupid stuff like this all the time.... Ive seen little kids go up to other little kids and say they were going to marry them as well. :/

Hey when my sister was 3 she told a neighbor boy of the same age she was going to marry him. Actually apparently her exact words were " Im gonna marry you some day, honey"

They didnt get married.

Again, kids do this stuff... I bet if your parents took any home videos of you as a kid, there are numerous instances of you arguing or being a brat as well.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
The difference is that is not his sister. I'm not even touching that "taught to stay on the stool comment". You act as if the fact that he is sitting on a stool (getting a haircut by the way) that somehow makes him a criminal. Hate men much

So what. What difference does it make if its his sister or not.

I remember an almost identical scenario with my brother. Some younger neighborhood girl who wanted to marry him. Actually - - I remember many over-the-top reactions to something trivial like this.

Eight year old girls have to be the worst. Kids outgrow this behavior.

I would not video tape it - - but - whatever . . .

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

So you are teaching your child it is ok to scream at the other child until a parent intervenes or they get their way instead of teaching them that if they ignore situations that pose no harm to them and choose when a parent is required things get resolved.

I would have stopped the little girl from antagonizing my son and then explained to my son to stop crying because she can't make him do anything. If my son was a habitual cry baby we would work on that.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I remember an almost identical scenario with my brother. Some younger neighborhood girl who wanted to marry him. Actually - - I remember many over-the-top reactions to something trivial like this.

So what happened? Lets hear the story. I can't compare the two without the details.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Well, my kids do come away knowing the difference between 'your' and 'you're', thats for sure, so I cant be that bad, comparatively speaking.

But I digress.

So tell me what context I should be taking this in. That its ok for parents to ridicule their kids? That parents should facilitate, and encourage, harassing behavior?

Congratuations your kids can spell, you must be a good parent

Is it this parents job to shelter her child from the world or teach her child how to survive in the world?
"Harrassing behavior" happens when parents are not around you know, there is no way to stop this.

So you are teaching your child it is ok to scream at the other child until a parent intervenes or they get their way instead of teaching them that if they ignore situations that pose no harm to them and choose when a parent is required things get resolved.

You guys are all silly. Why cant you argue the topic instead of trying to make this about me?

Did you bother to read any of my posts? Seems like you didnt. Ill touch on a couple points again:

1)There is a difference between a kid being teased, and a kid being harrassed to tears in front of their mother. A HUGE DIFFERENCE. This kid will never be able to deal with bullies, because his mother thinks it is funny when he is being bullied. Hell, she does it herself.

2)I said flat out that the kid is overreacting. I also said that you probably ought to consider WHY he acts that way. It is a learned behaviour. The parent ignored him, laughs at him when he is upset. He feels helpless. In a childs mind, the thing to do to be heard is to get louder. As an adult we know this doesnt work. This child wont learn that, because the parent facilitates it.

It seems you are arguing that he yells, and therefore should be ignored. I am contending that he is ignored, and therefore he yells.

3)As I said before, the little boy did the right thing at one point. He turned his back to remove himself from the situation. The mother let the little girl pursue it, and even continued to antagonize herself. Again, this is not teaching the kid that he can move from a situation. Its teaching him that he has to confront it, because he cant get way from it.

Again, these behaviors are learned.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I would have stopped the little girl from antagonizing my son and then explained to my son to stop crying because she can't make him do anything. If my son was a habitual cry baby we would work on that.

Do you have a son and daughter that age?

I raised two daughters 3 years apart. Oh My Gawd! I'm surprised any of us survived.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

So what happened? Lets hear the story. I can't compare the two without the details.

My brother is 66 now and I'm 65.

Sorry - - but the details of our childhood isn't that clear. But - the situation of a neighborhood girl wanting to marry my brother did happen - - and he reacted similar to the boy in the video. That much I do remember. Oh! And my mom laughing at him.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

If my son was a habitual cry baby we would work on that.

You wouldnt need to "work on that" if you just handled the situation correctly - life is not fair, and kids need to have a tough layer to them, you teach them this through situations as they present themself because behaviour can only be learnt through training. Your little talk to your son afterwards about being a crybaby is not going to solve anything, because you just showed him if he screams you will fix the situation for him.

It is no different to parents picking up a baby every time it cries, you teach the child that if it wants to be picked up it just needs to cry - then you wonder why it always cries.
WATCH SUPERNANNY PEOPLE - She always says ignore the child, the child is fine, don't send the child the message that crying is how to get the desired outcome.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I assume your kids go to school, where you can not protect them. They will get taunted, teased, bullied at stages throughout their school life - just about everyone experiences this at some point.
What is screaming at the other kid or teacher going to achieve if it is something trivial - the teacher will tell the child to stop wasting their time, the other kids will see this reaction and see them as the weak one they can get a reaction out of when they are bored, and the kid will not understand what he is doing wrong.

GREAT PARENT!

My kids learned from a young age to deal with bullies, and that if they have a valid concern, that it will be dealt with. I didnt teach my child that they will be ignored, as this mother does.

Again, what is with you all and trying to make this about me? Ill gladly defend my position, but I didnt know that my parenting was the subject here

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join