It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christina Forces Owen To Marry Her (Disturbing Video)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Ok, but emulating parental behavior when the parents are stable and proper is a good thing. Any psych major could attest to that. How else are children supposed to learn social norms? It doesn't mean they can't go against these norms later in life if they want to be
"one of them"

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
What is "funny" about this video is how grown the children are acting. Young children "acting" grown is not funny at all.

Ok.... Children 'act' grown up... its what they do to learn how to grow up..... They might of been arguing about who was going to be the baked bean, its funny because they're scrapping about getting married, a concept that neither of them understands but WE do... Thats whats funny....

If these children were adults this video would not be "funny" at all, it would most likely end with the police being called to the house. Did you actually listen to the rhetoric??

They arent adults....... None of this play/learning reflects anything sinister... The kids in the video dont understand what they are arguing about, they are just fighting like kids do, in order to learn how to assert themselves....

This conversation could be acted out by adults and be believable. Adults could not believably act out being mad because they thought they were a tortoise unless they were mentally challenged.

This subject and conversation is too grown for these children and very much believable.

Seriously? You think that there are girls out there screaming at men to marry them??? TBH if I saw a video of a woman screaming at a man to marry him while he sat on a chair and cried and screamed I would piss my self laughing.....

They arent arguing about who paid the rent or who screwed Jolene at last nights party.....
edit on 23/7/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/7/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
maybe when he's older he can be the one demanding something in which her reply will be "No!!" lol. Tables turned a bit.

This is more a discussion for child psychologists, or perfect for people in such a class. The 2nd post i believe said that he won't have problems from just this one event, but a mom who does this once and enjoys it, gets a kick from it, will end up doing it again possibly for a long time. That would not be healthy. If she doesn't need to respect boundaries now, what makes you think she won't disreguard boundaries in the future?

That kind of stuff will just end up with him having an unhealthy relationship with his mom. Trampling over his personal space is not a good idea.
edit on 23-7-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Here we go again, making mountains out of mole hills. It's one thing to be watchful toward other peoples behavior, but it's another thing to allow *every* little thing people do (in this case, a mother and two small children) offend us.

There's nothing offensive in this video, just annoying child's play at best. Why do you seem so hurt and offended by everything all the time? It seems you spend a great deal of time thinking about how terrible and offensive people are in your eyes. I say take a break, step back and live for a while...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Like mentioned above, with SO MANY horribly DISTURBING and SICKENING issues going on around the globe at this very moment, you pick a youtube video of little kids simply being little kids, to rant about??

You put all this much time and effort on kids being kids?????!!!!!!!!

Wow, thats the equivalent as having a gang of raging drug-addicted murderous thugs breaking into your home right now to violently kill you and your family and take everything you own at this very moment, and the only thing going on in your mind during this is the restaurant who forgot to give you dressing with your salad yesterday!!!

What a piece of work OP. What a piece of work here!!!

edit on 23-7-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I need a Psych major in here to back me up.

I bet the professor that lectures you is a fight the system type of person
Sorry but i really can't believe your being serious.How old are?

link   
Yeah i agree that what is more disturbing is how disturbed you are by this video. The points you make about the video are all in your own mind, look at it from a different point of view, and you will see that none of it really matters at all.

link   
I know plenty of women who are depressed and feel worthless because they aren't married yet. Their mothers pressure them daily. I know plenty of other women who are married only because they feel they should be. They are some of the most unhappy people in this world.

I know men TERRIFIED to get married. They feel as if it's a trap forced upon them by the woman. I know men who did not want to marry and felt "pressured" into it. They are some of the most unhappy people in the world.

People are conditioned to be who they grow up to be. What you experience when you are very young follows you for the rest of your life (i.e. LANGUAGE). Most things that affect you when you're grown you can't even remember, it just seems to have "always been like that".

Can you remember when you learned your native language?
Can you remember learning to walk?

If a child grows up in an abusive household do you fell that child will be abusive?

The best time to train/teach is AS YOUNG AS POSSIBLE

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well, there is something wrong with the mom filming the video. Instead of stopping the little demon girl from making the little boy cry with all her demands, the old fart doesn't tell the boy marriage is for grown-ups. That kid is going to grow up hating marriage and the little girl creeps me out.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
DBL post
edit on 23-7-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

link   

Some people may see this video as funny, if this is you i recommend you read my post and then watch the video again.

There are so many things i see wrong with this video. As i am writing this i hear the video playing in the background (but i can not see it) and i feel worse about the video than when i first thought to write this thread.

This is a mother, her son Owen and the girl (Christina) is a family friend. I'm no expert on ages but i would say the children are between the ages of four and six. The mother of the boy is filming (she is never shown) and at the 1:50 mark a male voice can be heard approaching and asking "Whats the problem" (i can only assume this is the boys father) but he is never shown either.

People have the right to watch whatever they want and think whatever they want about it. People find many things amusing that I find disturbing - look at TV: Family Guy etc
But even when I don't understand their humor, it is their right for it to differ from what I find funny.

Now as i said earlier i see multiple things wrong with this video so let's get right to it.
1) Why won't Owens mother stop this instead of filming? I spend a good amount of time online (when i can) and i watch a lot of videos and i've noticed a trend. It seems as if in every video there are at least three other people standing around with their phones in their hands recording too. Fights, accidents, arguments, Police incidents, EVERYTHING. With the invention of YouTube and other video websites and the advent of videos going "Viral" peoples only course of action when something happens is to record it. Does anyone HELP anymore?

While I myself would not drag this out, who are we to judge her parenting. I can think of a simple reason she would let this continue: Because it is just words that are distressing her son, and she may think he needs to learn not to let words effect him so much... A very valuble lesson that many in this world failed to get taught and as a result react just like he did over words.

2) Why are these young children having this argument? As i stated earlier, i am no age expert but i'll put my money on these children being between four and six years old. Granted they could have seen a MOVIE or seen a TELEVISION show (programming anyone?) where a princess got married, the proper course of action (imho) would be to say: "Marriage is something grown-ups do when they are in love with each other and they want to start a family", "After you finish school and you get big like mommy/daddy, if you fall in love you might get married too".

Why are these young children having this argument? Because they are kids!!!!
Kid's argue about anything and everything, you telling them not to think like kids is not going to change the way they think and act. They will blow things out of proportion, let their games effect them emotionally.
Ask yourself if it is a parents job to protect their child 24/7 or train that child to survive in this world which is not always fair, where people must learn not to let trivial things effect them and where they must learn to get along with others they do not always find logical/nice.

These children are having an all out screaming match. If they were twenty years older the police could very well have been called during this argument. If they were twenty years older and having this EXACT same argument (word for word) in front of children their age and it was recorded, that video could be grounds for those children being taken away.

People are aloud to yell in their own house, they are aloud to express emotion - we are human, as long as it does not disturb the public or threaten anyone's safety you can yell all you like.
Again - they are children, in order to learn not to yell you must first learn it does not achieve your goal - this lesson is learnt with time when you see you can not achieve your desired outcome by yelling.

3) Why is this woman training another persons young daughter that she needs to be married? Christina's parents are clearly not around. If you watch the video no other person is looked at or spoken to until the 1:50 mark when the "alleged" husband of the woman/father of Owen comes to ask "whats the problem". If you were watching a child of mine (daycare/school/babysitting) i would not want you teaching my child certain things (especially about God, sex or marriage). People have varying opines and i would rather you consult me first.

The other persons young daughter has brought up marrige from what I see (not unusual for young girls). I see the woman is simply asking her son why he does not want to get married. I believe this is to teach him to retionalise his thoughts and offer valid reasons for why he feels the way he feels - A trait I see lacking on ATS often.
She has not dismissed his opinion - she is just asking why do you feel that way - this could be seen as a good mother checking her son has no psycological underlying issues with marrige that could effect him later in life (After all he seems reall upset)

The very first words in the video are of distraught young Owen asking his mother "mom, why did you tell her that" leading me to believe that this whole conversation was at the suggestion of the mother. Little Christina then hides behind the cabinet and smiles as the camera woman asks if she wants to marry little Owen, when Christina say yes the mother/camerawoman tells her to tell Owen.

Speculation, do we really think we are without any faults and have the right or ability watch a glimpse of someone elses life that is a couple of minutes long and make a judgement on what that person should or should not be doing to better raise their children.

4) Are women trained to act a certain way since birth? We see how this grown woman is promoting this whole situation.

A) You can hear her laughing
B)When the (alleged) husband inquires she replies "i had to"
C) SHE IS FILMING INSTEAD OF INTERVENING

Notice how determined little Christina is to get married at such a young age. I highly doubt she even understands what marriage is!! All Christina knows is it is something she is "supposed" to do. She is also being trained (at such a young age) that boy don't want to get married so she has to force or trick them into it. Notice at the 1:11 mark Christina says "When you ask for some candy at my house i'm gonna say NO!". I actually gasped out loud at that part, she will only give him "candy" if he marries her

Notice how Christina is acting during this argument. She is constantly cleaning, wiping off Owens seat and even sweeping the floor!! She is constantly demanding Owen "look at me" while she is talking and smiling and laughing with her "girlfriend" while she tortures the boy.

Again as above very judgemental of someone you don't know in a situation we don't really know and can only speculate about. Perhaps the Mother should have stayed out of it more, but thats not for us to judge and we also need to realise parents are not perfect either, no parent is.
They are aloud to make mistakes the goal is to balance out the good with the bad enough to produce a child that can survive this world and live in this society without difficulty.

5) Are men the same since birth? Maybe i'm biased because i'm a man
All little owen want to do is be friends with Christina and eat some of her candy. He doesn't want to get married. When he gets mad at Christina he doesn't want anything to do with her (let alone get married to her). His first reaction is to turn/run away from her. When little Owen gets older and his hormones get to work will he "give in" to Christinas demands? When the (alleged) husband (quietly) asks "whats the problem" i sense that he made eye contact with his wife and most likely did the hand sign "WHY" at which she laughs and responds "i had to". You never hear from him again. Is it possible he decided to just shut up and give in because he wants some "candy" his self?

I think you are revealing more about issues of your own with societies take on marrige than you are about the video itself.
In life sometimes we need to learn to bite our tongue, some people may see this as bribary.. but this happens throughout our world all the time. Conform to the system the system rewards you, fight the system and you get nowhere - it doesnt mean it is fair but that is how it works.
Owen can still be friends with Christina - they will forget about this argument in 20 mins and continue playing together as if it never happend, only their subconscious will take away lessons learnt in what works and what doesnt when it comes to confrontation.
edit on 23-7-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

link   

I know plenty of women who are depressed and feel worthless because they aren't married yet. Their mothers pressure them daily. I know plenty of other women who are married only because they feel they should be. They are some of the most unhappy people in this world.

I know men TERRIFIED to get married. They feel as if it's a trap forced upon them by the woman. I know men who did not want to marry and felt "pressured" into it. They are some of the most unhappy people in the world.

People are conditioned to be who they grow up to be. What you experience when you are very young follows you for the rest of your life (i.e. LANGUAGE). Most things that affect you when you're grown you can't even remember, it just seems to have "always been like that".

Can you remember when you learned your native language?
Can you remember learning to walk?

If a child grows up in an abusive household do you fell that child will be abusive?

The best time to train/teach is AS YOUNG AS POSSIBLE

There is nothing even remotely abusive going on in the video though. I get where you are coming from but you are looking in the wrong places. I grew up with parents who loved each other and were married. Now I am engaged and I couldn't be more excited. There are extremes to everything but if you view the extreme possibility in every situation you really do need to see a psych major.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I made five simple observations about the video. Anyone care to address any of them

Sure, I'll bite.

1) Why won't Owens mother stop this instead of filming?

Probably because she thought it was funny. I heard her laughing. I laughed. It was funny and cute.

2) Why are these young children having this argument?

Since none of us were there from the beginning, I guess we'll never know. But you already made some convincing arguments about this part in your post.

3) Why is this woman training another persons young daughter that she needs to be married?

I don't see any "training" going on. I see someone going along with what apparently is the little girl's playful marriage stuffs.

4) Are women trained to act a certain way since birth? We see how this grown woman is promoting this whole situation.

She's "promoting" it for the humor and laughs as I was continuing to laugh as the video went on.

5) All little owen want to do is be friends with Christina

Neither one of those kids knows the first thing about marriage. Judging by "Owen's" reaction, he thinks marriage is something terribly bad that "Christina" wants to do to him.

When the woman behind the camera asked "Owen" why he was crying, he said it was because "Christina" wanted to marry him. In other words, "Christina" wanted to do something bad to him. But he doesn't know what marriage is, or someone taught him that marriage is very bad. Either way, he was hysterical because he didn't want "Christina" to do something bad to him.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Seriously? You think that there are girls out there screaming at men to marry them??? TBH if I saw a video of a woman screaming at a man to marry him while he sat on a chair and cried and screamed I would piss my self laughing.....

They arent arguing about who paid the rent or who screwed Jolene at last nights party.....

The girl is being taught from young that men don't want to marry her and she has to clean, argue and use "candy" to get what she wants.

The boy is being taught anger towards females and to avoid marriage at any cost.

Young children are always cute and funny until they get older. When they become teenagers and adults and have the EXACT same conversation i wonder how you would react. If the little boy was smacking his mother would it still be funny? If the little girl was kissing on the boy would it still be cute?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Oh please..... Go out and find a more serious cause than this.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I would say that those people you "know" need to grow up and learn how to make the right decision for them. Grown ups and peer pressure shouldn't be a issue for a mature adult.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Versa

The girl is being taught from young that men don't want to marry her and she has to clean, argue and use "candy" to get what she wants.

The boy is being taught anger towards females and to avoid marriage at any cost.

Young children are always cute and funny until they get older. When they become teenagers and adults and have the EXACT same conversation i wonder how you would react. If the little boy was smacking his mother would it still be funny? If the little girl was kissing on the boy would it still be cute?

Really you ARE reading too much into this.... Did you just do a 'course' or something?

Really I 'get' what your trying to say, but your using a really bad example.... What I think your trying to point out is 'gender stereotyping' but......be honest....... would it of bothered you more or less if it was the boy asking the girl to marry him?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I need a Psych major in here to back me up.
From a psychological point of view this video is very telling. Issues developed from young are ingrained in a person and very much the cause of later aggressions.

First off good luck on anybody that watches the video agreeing with you, especially a psych major.

Now you can find these type videos all over youtube. In fact you may enjoy this one.

Here is part 2.

So what do you think about these videos? Were they wrong to film him after the dentist where he seems to enjoy the medication, but that doesn't mean he will be an addict when he grows up.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Well, there is something wrong with the mom filming the video. Instead of stopping the little demon girl from making the little boy cry with all her demands, the old fart doesn't tell the boy marriage is for grown-ups. That kid is going to grow up hating marriage and the little girl creeps me out.

Please see my reply above.
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
You seem to think you can look at a 2 minute clip of someone elses parenting and judge them. I have shown in my post above many reasons why she might let this continue as a valuble life lesson for her son.

A childs outcome is not determined by 1 confrontation it is determined by a lifetime of confrontations, If you have children how would you feel if someone judged you after seeing 2 minutes of you parenting when you will have a lifetime of pro's and con's to take in to consideration. You don't know this persons life or reasons why they are doing what they are doing - are you saying you understand life well enough to define what every person should do in every situation with their kids? C'mon!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD i wonder how you would react. If the little boy was smacking his mother would it still be funny? If the little girl was kissing on the boy would it still be cute?

They weren't..... Nothing even close to that happened in this video so that is a pathetic argument.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join