It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christina Forces Owen To Marry Her (Disturbing Video)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AskWhy11
Here's how I look at it:
1. Either you were definitely a single child, or just never was around your brothers and sisters.
2. You're a product of what you're claiming is wrong, which is bad parenting.
3. You're rarely ever around any children of any age and have no kids yourself.
4. Or you're a mentally challenged tortoise....

I'm the oldest of 7, and I've seen probably the whole 'I'm gonna marry you, you're not gonna marry me" scenario more times than I can count. In fact, I've done the same thing when I was a bit younger, many times.
It goes along the same lines as kissing. Most kids from the ages of 4-9 find kissing rather gross. So if I was a parent, filming my daughter or son, and one of them was trying to kiss the other, instead of laughing at the fact my son is terrified of being kissed (me knowing that it's definitely NOT gonna cause psychological trauma) I'm supposed to look at it as if the little girl is trying to somehow rape him? That's what you're claiming pretty much. That these kids using 'adult' terms are 'acting' out 'adult' themes and it's "Disturbing" because it's gonna have such profound effects on their actual adult life........?
Seriously bro?

Do yourself a favor and don't have any children, because I can already see that if you do (or somehow already do) that you'd most likely be the culprit in causing severe psychological harm for the mere pointless idea that kids playing around and doing what every kid I've ever been around is totally wrong and-what was that term again, 'Disturbing'?

Couldnt have said it better myself.
Family with 5 kids here, nothing abnormal here. Kid's need to learn to sort things out amoungst themself and learn parents cant control them 24/7 otherwise who looks after them when their parent is not available in the future? This kid will learn not to overreact to something so trivial - if he feels it is annoying he can relocate to another room, no abuse is taking place and no lasting psycological effect is going to come from this 1 interaction.

People in this thread passing judgement obviously are without fault and have a lifetime of experience in dealing with kids (Sarcasm)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

No I am terrified by your worldview and negative outlook on what should be considered normal behavior. And I know what PTSD is, that's why I brought it up and yes, I am saying something bad probably happened in your past.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

On television and in the movies what is the very first thing the couple does after they get married?

"How come we can get married but we can't kiss?"

"Can i sleep in the bed with my husband/wife??"

When you have to answer THOSE questions it isn't so "cute/funny" anymore and nine time out of ten you'll wish you never opened Pandoras box.

Go on a honeymoon after the reception. Also they probably already took care of what your thinking long before they are married. \

Who says you can't kiss?

You can sleep in a bed with whoever you want. What does this have to do with your op?

They are no older than six. C'mon man, please stop trolling.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

PTSD is Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome (that means stuff that happened to you in your past). How do you think you get this?

This is trying a bit to hard. At that age this will be a fart in a whirlwind in his mind.It's there for only a split second. He probably can't remember what he did last week.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

Originally posted by BrianC

I really think you need to find that psych. You have a really messed up outlook on the world and you could use some help. If I had to guess you have depression at the least, probably from PTSD, maybe you have been diagnosed and given pills but refuse to take them? Or maybe you haven't seen someone yet? My girlfriend suffered through depression and trust me, seeing someone will help you so please do. Not trying to offend, just terrified of the thought of you raising a child one day.

PTSD is Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome (that means stuff that happened to you in your past). How do you think you get this?

You are terrified at the thought of me raising a child because i wouldn't let children under ten argue over marriage??

What was so traumatic in this video it is going to effect this kid the rest of his life?

Being told by a girl she is going to marry him?
Being asked why he wont marry a girl by his mother?
Having family laugh at him for not justifying his reasons for being so upset about somthing trivial?

Wouldnt it be more disturbing if the mother stayed out of it completely and let him scream at the girl without requesting reasons for the way he is reacting that way?
Wouldnt it be more disturbing if the mother told him he didnt have to marry her, and allowed him to react like this to something trivial?
Wouldnt it be more disturbing if mother punished his reaction, or told the little girl who is not her own to leave her son alone? Either of these reactions sends a message to the child that she is their to police their every move and that they have no right to their opinion. Instead she requests he justify why he is reacting how he is.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
If ten minutes are too much for you just watch the first three minutes.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

What was so traumatic in this video it is going to effect this kid the rest of his life?

So you assume this was a one time thing? What if it's a normal occurrence? Can you answer that please?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Trolling you say? So posting a funny video from youtube then trying to get someone to backup your absurd thinking is just, well.

So you viewed the two videos that I posted earlier are just as funny as what you posted. And unless they are living in the Appalachian's they cannot get maried as your deceiving title states.

The video was funny the first time and even funnier the second time around.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
My only question is - - why is the boy sitting on a stool in the middle of the kitchen?

The only time a kid sits on a stool in the middle of a room is - - if its the "naughty stool".

I'd say - - something happened - - prior to the video - - that led up to the discussion they are having.

Seems to me the boy behaved and overreacted unecessarily mean to the little girl who wanted to play marriage.

It is not something I would videotape - - but - whatever . . .

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

reply to post by byteshertz

So you assume this was a one time thing? What if it's a normal occurrence? Can you answer that please?

I only have one video to go off so can not judge this persons parenting, all I can judge is this one occurance which I think is perfectly normal. You on the other hand assume this is not a one time thing, can you please justify your reasoning,

What do you know about this persons life?
Their family dynamics?
Their past history as a family?
The parents past history?

What do you know about this family that we don't because all I see is one 2 minute video clip and you ASSUMING to know things that are not in the video and making judgements based on that.

Please also let us know how you would have handled this situation, so we can trivialise your actions - even though you have all the time in the world to reflect on this situation and get to see it in 3rd person.
edit on 23-7-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Those are all real problems. None of them have anything to do with this video besides the word "marriage".

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Unless this boy is being abused, again there is nothing wrong with this vid.

Now try and answer this what did you do around that age if you can remember? I bet you can't remember?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

If ten minutes are too much for you just watch the first three minutes.

Why post a link to a video where its goal is to sell something?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

F***in' hell mate, give it a rest, its just a little bit of fun

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Children talk and think about marriage, this is perfectly normal. When they are having an all out fight over marriage (especially at this age) where they are both screaming and one is crying it is time for an adult to end that conversation. Everyone is saying this video is funny and cute but the boy was hysterically crying and very upset. It was needless and many underlying issues became visible to me upon my watching it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion (as am i) so if you disagree with my thread do you really feel that five different post declaring that is necessary?

I know how to read and i've stated my opinion. If all you have are negative things to say about my thread why are you here? There are plenty of other threads for you to pass your time with.
edit on 7/23/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: parenthesis

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Seriously peeps

Being worried about the video ?

You're damn over reacting, seriously....

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I thought that was hilarious...Thanks for a make you laugh video OP

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Honestly, this woman is an unfit parent. She is encouraging harassment, is trying to embarrass her son, and is encouraging emotional outbursts. She is teaching her son dangerous social habits, and is implanting it in his mind that a)he has to get married and b)there is something wrong with him if he doesnt want to. She just keeps asking "why dont you want to marry her?" instead of validating her sons opinion.

That people DONT find this disturbing is amazing to me.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Children talk and think about marriage, this is perfectly normal. When they are having an all out fight over marriage (especially at this age) where they are both screaming and one is crying it is time for an adult to end that conversation. Everyone is saying this video is funny and cute but the boy was hysterically crying and very upset. It was needless and many underlying issues became visible to me upon my watching it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion (as am i) so if you disagree with my thread do you really feel that five different post declaring that is necessary?

I know how to read and i've stated my opinion. If all you have are negative things to say about my thread why are you here? There are plenty of other threads for you to pass your time with.
edit on 7/23/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: parenthesis

Wow your either Benjamin Button and have yet to experience something like this or don't remember any of your childhood, I think I speak for everyone when I say at some point in your childhood you must have been teased to the point of tears, I know most people have, I have and to be honest now that I look back on the nature of what brought me to tears its f***in hilarious!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
when I was around 7 my sister made me streak and stole my clothes. made me kiss girls. I'm not that screwed up

the only tough part for the kids is the internet is forever, and they will probably never live this down in school

unless they get married

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join