Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Death Toll Rises Dramatically In Norway Shooting

page: 8
19
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tollon
When you bomb people to death you don't have to look them in the eyes while doing it, so it makes it a little easier from a psychologichal point of view.
But imagine the sick, twisted mind you need to gun down defenseless kids from point blank range, or looking through your scope and shoot them in the backs while they are swimming for their lives.
One would imagine there would have to be some sort of psychological stop somewhere, where that gunman would stop for a second and ask himself if this isn't enought already.


This, I think, is where the media are going with this issue:
We already know of people who had such a sick and twisted mind to do something like this. They were, of course, the Nazis (more specifically, the SS, in most cases) and they did just this sort of thing to those they believed to be 'suhuman'. Admittedly they had a lot of psychological preperation for it, and it was on a large scale too. But it demonstrates the potential is there in the population.

Now you have a group of people who did things of similar magnitude and vileness in the past, and so you say this guy is just like them, and you have a really easy time of labeling all neo-Nazi groups as being just as bad as this one person.


Just knowing that there actually are human beings capable of that in our society is truly horrifying!

I think this is just one end of a normal curve and at that end there are people who are capable of such a thing, and that there would be a certain number of such people in any give population. Whether or not they have the motivation is anyone's guess.
edit on 23-7-2011 by apex because: fixed quote




posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Fascism breeds hatred, no matter what the poltical or religious persuasion.

The making and selling of terrorist bomb parts is a billion dollar business in our world today.

The "civilized" countries have to try to eliminate the manufacture of bonb grade fertilizer; like what the U.S. is doing in their own country; as well as in Iraq and Afganistan.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
1 bomb caused that much damage...1 bomb made of 6 tonns ammonium nitrate fertilizer....



via:


www.tedgunderson.net...


page 26 (org. 21)
edit on 23-7-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lowundertheradar
 


It was stated on the news I just watched that he had his own farm business. I imagine that buying that much fertiliser is normal behaviour for someone in that line of work, but I could be wrong.
On the same news broadcast, it was said that the police already knew his name when they arrived on the island, although the reporter was quick to point out he did not know how they knew him. I find that a little strange.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by invetro
 


absolutly true - he owned a farm and a letterbox company through wich he bought the fertelizer



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by apex
 


He did some military service. HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!


When people serve in the military, they are taught that killing is just a job.

I'm pretty sure that the Oklahoma city bomber- Timothy McVeigh, used farm fertilizer for his huge bomb.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
To be honest if this comes about as true Neo-Fascist and Neo-Socialist groups have been on the rise in Europe, including Scandinavia so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.


I've heard of Neo-Fascist but what is "Neo-Socialist?"
Norway is already Socialist, and they are also NOT a Jihadi target since they are lean more towards being against US invasions.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by apex
 


He did some military service. HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!


When people serve in the military, they are taught that killing is just a job.

I'm pretty sure that the Oklahoma city bomber- Timothy McVeigh, used farm fertilizer for his huge bomb.



Yeah, that's the story I heard. The Clinton administration pushed for some "genetic markers" to be put into fertilizer for that reason.

McVeigh was also former military and was propagandized by Evangelicals while in the military (if memory serves).




>> So my suspicion is this Norway attacker is a Christ-fascist as well -- but I would rule out an organization behind him with him being the "heroic sacrificial" person to carry it out.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


tragic it is.. 9/11 it aint.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife
You know, as much as Europeans try to say us Americans are crazy and gun-crazy, it seems their youth have some serious issues. As of late it seems the younger generations of Europeans have a thing for killing innocents.

Now I am not stereotyping, we have our own share of problems on this side of the pond, but it seems to be escalating in those Western European Progressive nations.

Regardless, the idea that a 32 year old could act alone and cause that kind of damage is terrifying. I wonder what they will say he used in his bombs. Or if he had military experience.

Whats the death toll up to now? 18? That's horrible.


Wait you are comparing a few killings in the whole of Europe to the US? Just seems like you are treating Europe like it is one country. Compare any statistics between the two and it will be way out of proportion.
edit on 23-7-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O
 


I am pretty sure the old testament is full of mass killings like this committed by pre-christian Hebrews. Joshua was a mean dude for instance. According to the bible, the God of Christianity is really into all this mayhem mass killing murder bloodshed crap.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I can't help but sit here and think to myself...how can one armed crazy guy do so much damage...I mean...all it takes is one person with a gun to shoot back...unless he was wearing like a complete head to toe set of body armor...but I'm willing to bet just a kevlar vest...willing to bet it's not easy to be an armed citizen in norway...



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hope no one has already discussed this but I recently watched a documentary called "Until the Light Takes Us." It discussed a genre of music in Norway called black metal. Several of the musicians were of the mind that Christianity had no right to set up shop in the country and build churches on ancient Pagan worship sights. So they burned down the churches as an act of war. The fact that it had been 900 years since the religion was established in the area meant very little to these men and they used lethal force to speak out against what they felt was a forceful repression of the pagan religion. I thought it was an interesting story, but sounds unrelated to this event.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
My thinking is that if this proves true, it will only justify the DHS in the US stating in recent days that domestic terrorism is now the biggest threat to security and that Caucasians are the new terrorist threat.


And they are right - that domestic terrorism is now the biggest threat to security - but they don't educate people in the double speak they use. The government is by far the greatest terrorist threat to the country. And the DHS is double speak for the Department for Homeland Slavery and Abuse..




edit on 22-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It is tragic and terribly, terribly sad. My heart goes out to all those who have lost someone and all those who have been traumatised by this terrible event.

At the same time we must not take our eyes off the ball - which is the millions killed by the bankster run mafia all over the world, including the servicemen and women sent to risk their lives to protect and expand their billions of dollars, and the way they are terrorising the world.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
Fascism breeds hatred, no matter what the poltical or religious persuasion.

The making and selling of terrorist bomb parts is a billion dollar business in our world today.

The "civilized" countries have to try to eliminate the manufacture of bonb grade fertilizer; like what the U.S. is doing in their own country; as well as in Iraq and Afganistan.


No, our "civilized" countries have to eliminate the prison system, abusive police everywhere in the streets, and fascist policymaking. That with the tolerance of racist, fascist groups like the English Defense League, related to these terrible attacks. Any pretense at civilization is ridiculous with these things still being supported.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86
 


Do you mean this guy? (sorry haven't figured the picture posting yet)

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&sou rce=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1680&bih=847

Very similar and FYI the oklahoma city bombing coincides with an occult ritual sacrifice date. Interesting the connections here as 7/22 is very close to Lughnasa

I find it very credible



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CCLLCCLL
Hope no one has already discussed this but I recently watched a documentary called "Until the Light Takes Us." It discussed a genre of music in Norway called black metal. Several of the musicians were of the mind that Christianity had no right to set up shop in the country and build churches on ancient Pagan worship sights. So they burned down the churches as an act of war. The fact that it had been 900 years since the religion was established in the area meant very little to these men and they used lethal force to speak out against what they felt was a forceful repression of the pagan religion. I thought it was an interesting story, but sounds unrelated to this event.


You're a bit misinformed. Black Metal is far from being a Norway thing, and although it's fairly possible that this insane killer is related to Norwegian Nazi Black Metal musician Varg Vikernes, who's been to jail for attempted murder already, you can't blame the whole scene for this, since they don't all share the same ideas.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
I can't help but sit here and think to myself...how can one armed crazy guy do so much damage...I mean...all it takes is one person with a gun to shoot back...unless he was wearing like a complete head to toe set of body armor...but I'm willing to bet just a kevlar vest...willing to bet it's not easy to be an armed citizen in norway...


Are youths swimming at a summer camp often armed in the country where you reside?



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by jude11
My thinking is that if this proves true, it will only justify the DHS in the US stating in recent days that domestic terrorism is now the biggest threat to security and that Caucasians are the new terrorist threat.


And they are right - that domestic terrorism is now the biggest threat to security - but they don't educate people in the double speak they use. The government is by far the greatest terrorist threat to the country. And the DHS is double speak for the Department for Homeland Slavery and Abuse..




edit on 22-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)


True, the State's the biggest, deadliest terrorist.

And it's not related to "caucasians" or any other ethnicity (btw nordics aren't caucasians), but to IDEOLOGY.
edit on 23/7/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)





new topics

top topics



 
19
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

log in

join