It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Toll Rises Dramatically In Norway Shooting

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
CAN SOMEONE ANSWER:

1) How is it possible that this man could keep killing for 90 mins...it took the special units/cops NINETY MINUTES to arrive at the island?

I am assuming that many of those kids called for help on their cells the minute when the shootings started...and it still took NINETY MINUTES until the first units arrived?

2) How is it possible that there was no security WHATSOEVER given the fact they expected the prime minister on the isle?

Norway really got a BIG wake-up call today since the fact that they needed 90 mins to arrive at the scene, had problems getting a boat to get to the island etc. is nothing but OUTRAGEOUS, actually to a point i call this a big, big scandal.

(I was just looking at a map and that island is about 25mls or so west of Oslo, their capital. It should've been clear what was going on within 5 mins after people received calls on cells and they could've dispatched a copter with snipers which could have been on that island within 10 mins give or take, rough estimate.
edit on 23-7-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by here4awhile
I can't help but sit here and think to myself...how can one armed crazy guy do so much damage...I mean...all it takes is one person with a gun to shoot back...unless he was wearing like a complete head to toe set of body armor...but I'm willing to bet just a kevlar vest...willing to bet it's not easy to be an armed citizen in norway...

Are youths swimming at a summer camp often armed in the country where you reside?

don't see why there shouldn't be any security...even if it's a youth camp...the guy got there and got to go on a rampage for almost 2 hours...but norway doesn't seem to believe in security with guns...well at least not until something like this happens...even their police aren't armed with guns until they go get permission to do so...this wouldn't happen here (it could happen but he wouldn't get very far like he did there)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
not sure if this has been posted but here is a screen shot of his twitter. i noticed he has 1 tweet but 57 followers.

edit: dammit, google says "service unavailable"
edit on 23-7-2011 by Hardstepah because: bad link

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah
not sure if this has been posted but here is a screen shot of his twitter. i noticed he has 1 tweet but 57 followers.

edit: dammit, google says "service unavailable"
edit on 23-7-2011 by Hardstepah because: bad link

So you didnt actually have a screen shot?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

.even their police aren't armed with guns until they go get permission to do so...this wouldn't happen here (it could happen but he wouldn't get very far like he did there)

Yeah, a shooting rampage would NEVER happen in the US because guns have prevented them.

Except for thee and other notable examples, of course in Texas, Colorado, Virginia, etc...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

news.xinhuanet.com...

cvillenews.com...

www.reuters.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 23-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm always completely mystified when I hear people comparing any of the attacks in the last decade to 9/11, let alone one with a 100 person body count. The comparisons are nothing more than fear mongering, and attempts to get the public riled up.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Don't you remember the excuse they used on 9/11....The big bad "FOG OF WAR" cloud that temporarily blinded them from taking action.

Seriously though, this is a classic strategy, attack in multiple locations in small intervals as to delay response times to the next or main target. Everyone and their brother was responding to the bombing, while the real attack was unfolding perfectly at the youth camp.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

Originally posted by CCLLCCLL
Hope no one has already discussed this but I recently watched a documentary called "Until the Light Takes Us." It discussed a genre of music in Norway called black metal. Several of the musicians were of the mind that Christianity had no right to set up shop in the country and build churches on ancient Pagan worship sights. So they burned down the churches as an act of war. ...

Black Metal is far from being a Norway thing, and although it's fairly possible that this insane killer is related to Norwegian Nazi Black Metal musician Varg Vikernes, who's been to jail for attempted murder already, you can't blame the whole scene for this, since they don't all share the same ideas.

I'll bet the accused was a 'goth' back in his youth, complete with black trenchcoat.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I very highly doubt they were equipped for this.

Seeing as it is supposed to be the first of an event like this for that nation in.. what 70 years?

A quick response time depends on availability of resources, excellent communications, and people ready that ready at all times.

I don't mean to offend Norway, but I doubt they had this considering the factors.
To which I can hardly blame them, I bet few imagined that something like this would have happened. Especially since this was a home grown terrorist who seemed to have acted alone.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
1 bomb caused that much damage...1 bomb made of 6 tonns ammonium nitrate fertilizer....

I have heard that most agricultural ammonium nitrate is far too moist(full of water) for it be useful as a bomb ingredient. Thus the perp would have had to dry it out in the sun or something. And these bombs always leave a very heavy smell of diesel fuel(the other ingredient in an ANFO bomb) at the site of the explosion, which I haven't heard about from the witnesses at the scene.

Someone pointed out that there is a lot of building debris in the roadway at the Oslo bomb blast site, which indicates the debris was blasted outward, which means a bomb inside the building somewhere, and not placed in a truck in front of the building. Plus there appears to be heavy damage at ground floor and again at the top of the building, which seems to indicate a least one bomb brought to the top floors--obviously not a vehicle bomb.
edit on 23-7-2011 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

.even their police aren't armed with guns until they go get permission to do so...this wouldn't happen here (it could happen but he wouldn't get very far like he did there)

Yeah, a shooting rampage would NEVER happen in the US because guns have prevented them.

Except for thee and other notable examples, of course in Texas, Colorado, Virginia, etc...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

news.xinhuanet.com...

cvillenews.com...

www.reuters.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

There's the fact that the killing spree's in america take place in 'gun banned zones'
The last spree killer who tried in a gun-carrying area didn't do so well...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

www.msnbc.msn.com...

news.xinhuanet.com...

cvillenews.com...

www.reuters.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

There's the fact that the killing spree's in america take place in 'gun banned zones'
The last spree killer who tried in a gun-carrying area didn't do so well...

You use the word 'fact' inaccurately, friend.

Neither the UVA shooting nor the shooting on a Texas military base were 'gun banned zones'.

Sorry to shoot your faulty 'facts' out of the water

kinda shoots your theory outta the water. Sorry bout that.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
CAN SOMEONE ANSWER:

1) How is it possible that this man could keep killing for 90 mins...it took the special units/cops NINETY MINUTES to arrive at the island?

I am assuming that many of those kids called for help on their cells the minute when the shootings started...and it still took NINETY MINUTES until the first units arrived?

2) How is it possible that there was no security WHATSOEVER given the fact they expected the prime minister on the isle?

Norway really got a BIG wake-up call today since the fact that they needed 90 mins to arrive at the scene, had problems getting a boat to get to the island etc. is nothing but OUTRAGEOUS, actually to a point i call this a big, big scandal.

Good questions.

There used to be an ultra-secret network of stay-behind groups in Europe, called "Gladio", that had dealings with former Nazi officers and did really sick, murderous attacks in Italy and Belgium in order to blame it on the leftists. Look at that awesome BBC documentary:

My point is that in the case of Gladio, even people like elect officials and some parts of the army and the police didn't know a flying f___ about Gladio among their ranks, since the network was set up from behind by the CIA under the management of a very sinister character, agent Angleton. That's just a theory, but assuming that such a network infiltrated the police (which would explain his attire during the shooting as well), it would have given him a LOT of latitude to murder for such a long time before being arrested.

You know a democratic government is often made of many factions with different ideologies, and some can have secret networks that have the power to control a substantial part of the police/military for a specific time, like for an attack. Sometimes you get to have this as a result, and in other times you may have a coup d'État, depending on the momentum one faction has on others.

But that's just assuming. There isn't much that can be proven for now.
edit on 23/7/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by apex

I've changed my mind a bit since learning more evidence....apparently the guy who did the shooting (and is apparently being linked with the bombing in some way) was a Right Wing Nut with an Anti-Muslim agenda (how ironic.....he hates Muslims so he uses the same sort of terrorist tactics that Al Queda uses to make his point.....perhaps he thought he would get away with it, and everyone would blame the Muslims?)

What gets me is the numbers from the shooting spree. Over 80 dead? What kind of rifle was he using that held that many rounds? Unless he was an amazing shot, he'd have shot a Hell of a lot more bullets than 80......most bullets in a shooting spree like this, end up embedded in the surrounding landscape, or just injuring people....I just can't get over 80+ people...not just shot but dead. What is the guy....some sort of superhuman when it comes to aiming, like Bullseye from Marvel Comics?

Video I couldn't get to embed for some reason......

edit on 23-7-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Added video

edit on 23-7-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: trying to fix the video embed

edit on 23-7-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Gave up embedding video...just posted link

edit on 23-7-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: sigh....

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

From what I'm hearing this twin attack took 2 years in the planning.

Although I strongly condemn any attack on innocent Muslims but this crazed madman was anti-Muslim yet he attacks and kills 92+ of his own people.

Maximum jail time in Norway is 21 years; if the Norwegian judicial system thinks they can "rehabilitate" this person they are deluding themselves. He must be marked - never to be released.
edit on 23-7-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

Video I couldn't get to embed for some reason......

edit on 23-7-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Added video

edit on 23-7-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: trying to fix the video embed

edit on 23-7-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Gave up embedding video...just posted link

edit on 23-7-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: sigh....

ftfy

yech. now i must wash my browser for viewing an RT video. yech!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Although I strongly condone any attack on innocent Muslims but this crazed madman was anti-Muslim yet he attacks and kills 92+ of his own people.

sed.

'condone' means approve.

i suspect you mean 'condemn'

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It seems he was very much into templars and his club is planning on more attacks. See my topic for more info Norwegian shooter in templar terrorist group targetting netherlands also

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Thanks for that correction. Tired is all I can use to excuse myself.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Neoblade

No doubts these men's "clubs" of sorts should be looked at and even infiltrated by law men to find out whats really going on inside them.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join