It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Blast in Oslo hits offices, government buildings

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
...an explosion in a government building and the media is blaming islamics and lots of people are falling for it?... smells like okc, which was "just a test" for 09.11.01, imo...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

If not muzzies ................ then who...
and why.
Course it was muzzies... it's what they do best..

they blow things up.. " I blow up your building" or "I Keeel You"

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I am 99.9% sure it was a Norwegian extreme far right winger; there was 2 hours between the car bombing and shooting; enough time for a very well planned and organised attack for one man.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Not saying you're wrong , but my money is on
al-Qaeda.

revenge for the Muhammad cartoons.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I don't think so at all. Far right wing Norwegian did this, I'm sure of it. Had nothing to do with any Islamic group.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

You mean the one from DENMARK?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Who did this, is actually not the most important thing. And it is a real probability that we might never know the truth.
The most important thing is, what happens now? The aftermath will come, regardless.

Who was it that said: Never let a good catastrophe go to waste. That is what I fear. Who will spin this to their advantage?

And the dilemma here is that it is the ruling party (Labour) that has pushed the hardest for imposing laws that take away personal liberties and freedoms for the sake of more security. (No doubt at the orders of their masters). Maybe it didn't progress fast enough? Maybe this was the act of a "helping hand" to speed up the process.

Regardless, it fills my heart with hope when I see that 100.000's of fellow countrymen (and women) are signing up on facebook to say No, to hatred and to take care of each other including our muslim minority. If someone tries to make cheap political gains out of this, I am convinced that it will backfire. Bigtime.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
if it was just one lone guy who did all this i shudder to think of the sweeping security measures that could be implemented because of this,normaly an orginization takes blame and we have a target what happens when its just one crazy guy(isnt that kinda new for most of the european area?)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
reply to post by bluemirage5

It's always been suspected that an Islamic group was involved in at least some part of the plot. John Doe #2 is believed to be a man of Middle Eastern descent. There is no way in heck that McVeigh pulled that attack off with just Terry Nichols.

I always thought "john doe" looked like Terry Nichols's son.

Wondering if anyone else thought that..runs back to read the rest of the thread.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The man arrested for the shooting is now confirmed being an ethnic Norwegian, 32 yrs old, police told at the last press conference today Friday.

The number of victims at Utøya is confirmed to 10 but it will rise as the police searches the island thoroughly. The man, dressed as a policeman with a bulletproof vest, first gathered the youths to tell them about the explosion in Oslo, then started shooting at them with a automatic. The police also confirmed that undetonated bomb has been found at Utøya.

The police still advice people to abandon city centre of Oslo, specially official buildings, as they still not know if there are more bombs.

An interesting fact mentioned by a man, interviewed by NRK, who filmed the first pictures from the explosion mentioned that there was a fire at the 3rd or 4th floor at the building which has a helipad, with clear soot marks from the windows. This led him to believe that the bomb, or one of several, has detonated here, meaning that the bomb had to be transported INTO the building.

The very high building of 16 floors, where prime minister has his office, had its reception totally demolished but NRK was not allowed to film it. The injury was so vast there was a hole through the entire building.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aurvandil

I'm sure this will all tie in nicely with DHS video presenting whites primarily as terrorists.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

To be a bit speculative, this is an article from 2001 about a 23 year old neo-nazi arrested in the neighbouring municipal to the island with guns, police uniforms and explosives.. He was 23 in november 2001.. which makes him 32 today..
Maybe its the guy?

Article

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CEDRICtheFOETUS

The Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten published the cartoons first in 2005. Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten published them in January 2010.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tyfon

A very good find! It wouldn´t surprise me at all if this is the guy, sounds plausible! I suppose the following days will unfold new facts and I am sure that it will be mentioned if he has such a crime register...

I´m proud of "my" prime minister Stoltenberg tonight, even if I´m just a Norwegian in exile...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Oh Aurvandil, that gave me chills.

My heart breaks for Norway right now. I just can't imagine the fear the people of Oslo are feeling..

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

Could you possibly also state that there was a shooting at a youth camp outside of Oslo today, gunman killed at least twenty or more kids, it was a camp that was connected to the Prime Ministers party and the PM was to attend the camp today. Several hundred people were at the camp. Theysay the killing of the kids was also connected to the bombing. I am to new to this site to post. You can look it up. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

This led him to believe that the bomb, or one of several, has detonated here, meaning that the bomb had to be transported INTO the building.

I don't remember the poster but the guy who obviously knows about bombs in this thread said it was outside, but the pictures I looked at showed little damage outside the building, IMO. As I'm no expert I had wondered if maybe there were signs of destruction on the outside of the building on the sides I didn't see.

Sure didn't look like a bomb had gone off outside, at least to my untrained eyes. The Murrah building was half gone after OKC yet this building looks blown out from the inside.

Again, this is all my untrained opinion. I could be very wrong.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by rigel4

I don't think so at all. Far right wing Norwegian did this, I'm sure of it. Had nothing to do with any Islamic group.

I agree, as far as I know there haven't been any muslim cartoons published recently.
Probably someone who doesn't agree with our lax immigration policy (Arbeiderpartiet is the majority party in power).

Then again it could also be a Manchurian Candidate. This IS a conspiracy site after all.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Not official but I have just seen an interview with the Norwegian press saying some press have released the name.
politicons.net...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Not official but I have just seen an interview with the Norwegian press saying some press have released the name.
politicons.net...

wiki/Anders_Behring_Breivik
Looks like there is already a wiki up on him.
edit on 22-7-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join