It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-3-11 Creepy Website! Can We Figure Out The Code?!?!

page: 327
<< 324  325  326    328  329 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
326 pages? Geesus. I thought I'd pop back in to say hi to the crew that solved it, and here we have a bunch of no gamies. People who missed out in all the fun should be upset.

But, with every truth comes realization.

Good luck in the future.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

327 now

Reminder to newcomers! we solved this mystery last week

If you would like to read the major recap of everything we did in the thread prior to the identity/facebook work, its on Page 187 - a wealth of information!

The identity/facebook work is on pages 218 through 222

John's explanation
Formspring Q&A
See what he's done with his fame

The best thing I got out of it was new friends!

Watchdog still said it best..

We won at getting past stereotypes in the human race to achieve a common goal . Search as a combined unit .

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Now it is time to tackle the August 17th code!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

On an interesting sidenote to the 8311 religion....

I went to a Baptist University out of high school. Don't know why. At the time I was atheist and could barely control my disdain for the experience...but years give more perspective to be sure.

My roommate was in the same boat as me: recruited to play football at a Baptist University while detesting the Baptist experience. So he created his own religion, worshiping a "god" he made up. He even whipped together a hastily (and poorly) drawn "idol" (which he quickly taped to the wall in front of the commode. The "god" was named "Blee-Hoffah", mostly because he was a dork and couldn't think of anything cooler in his, um...beer...dazed stupor.

By the time word had spread to the third floor, someone got offended and ratted him out to the screws (the Resident Advisors). Of course, they couldn't actually censor it (and he actually found the humor in it). He just told my roomie to quit with the outlandish prayers to Blee-Hoffah in the dining room at breakfast.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

LOL nice
did he get around paying taxes with that? LOL

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Ok this may be off topic, but I want to know how to embed pictures in a post. I know how to upload them but don't know how to embed them and there is no where that I can find a tutorial on how to do it. I would have posted pictures on this thread but did not know how.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

after you upload it - click it - it'll give you the codes you need ♥

Here is an awesome thread with nearly all the BBcodes you could EVER want www.abovetopsecret.com... (too sleepy to make it look pretty)

Here is an awesome thread with nearly all the additional smilies you could ever want www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hey, guys...

10-28-11 Awe Yeah!

...who's up for it? hahaha

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HarHar

I think perhaps you are not looking at things the correct way. In the US we write the date month/day/year the rest of the world writes it day/month/year it could be March 8th 2011. A quick search reveals "The March 8 Alliance is a coalition of various political parties in Lebanon..Began January 2011"

I have thought about this a lot and I believe that dates are purposely obscured this way in the US to keep those who are looking from seeing what is right in front of us.

just a though.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hello Everyone:
I thought it was pretty Cool that is turned out to be someone wanting people to donate to charities. I am going to donate to the Special Olympics.

~Morpheus

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorpheusUSA
Hello Everyone:
I thought it was pretty Cool that is turned out to be someone wanting people to donate to charities. I am going to donate to the Special Olympics.

~Morpheus

We are very pleased it turned out that way too.

Try reading this post to get an idea of why it turned out the way it did.

Good on you for the donation!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

An Explanation

It started as just a summer project. A way to have a little fun. Admittedly it got way bigger than I ever could have imagined. Honestly I didn’t think it would make it out of Houston. Some of my friends and I were just going to post the flyer around the town and that was it. In retrospect I probably should have left it there.

When I chose the date 8•3•11 it was totally random. And then I searched it online to see if it was already related to anything big. I saw the bible verse, and at first didn’t think much of it. Then as summer began I thought that maybe 8•3•11 should actually have some purpose, so I made that crude sketch of an interactive sculpture that was sort of supposed to imitate a stoning. Those were really the only two things that were ever intentionally related to each other. So it sort of started to be some kind of weird stoning awareness thing if you could call it that? The idea never really got developed because I was busy with other things.

So then the whole thing started to blow up online and people thought it was an Alternate Reality Game(ARG). I didn’t know what an ARG was before this whole thing and I’m still not totally clear on it. At any rate people were interested in it and that was interesting to me so I gave “clues”. I put that in quotes because I had no idea where I was going with the whole thing. I’m not much of a story teller. I was actually going to shut it down a few weeks ago (probably should have followed my gut on that one), but it was really interesting reading the ideas people were coming up with and a lot of people seemed to be genuinely enjoying themselves. They didn’t seem to care that it was possibly nothing, so I carried on.

Eventually the whole thing started falling apart because nothing made sense anymore (probably because pretty much all the “clues” were just random bits of information). A lot of people seemed to think I was trying to create a game for them, but it was never really meant to be a game, that’s why it was a really terrible game. For the people that thought 8•3•11 was supposed to bring some earth shattering news, sorry. I mean, it’s a girl and a date with some spooky noises, how important could it really be? And it has a Formspring account… yeah.

As far as it being a viral campaign it went incredibly well until that whole crashing and burning part at the end. All I did was post about 10 flyers around my town and within two days the site had 1,000 hits and it snowballed from there. It was definitely interesting to see how some people could become so focused on something they knew practically nothing about. It even inspired a few spinoffs. I was never in this to harm anyone. I never said something would actually happen on 8•3•11. I’m sorry if I upset you. This was never meant to be a prank or anything like that.

None of the girls that people found had anything to do with the project and shouldn’t be bothered. It was just me and one friend working on it together.

In the end, I think what people really wanted was a mystery to solve and they did it. I think that’s pretty cool to be honest. I know it’s extremely cheesy to say, but it’s really wild to see what people can do when they work together like they did on this. So, good job. I hope you actually had some fun exposing me.

By the way, I noticed someone put up a CaféPress store with 8•3•11 merchandise. That was not me. Like I said before, I was never in this for some kind of profit.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
An Explanation

It started as just a summer project. A way to have a little fun. Admittedly it got way bigger than I ever could have imagined. Honestly I didn’t think it would make it out of Houston. Some of my friends and I were just going to post the flyer around the town and that was it. In retrospect I probably should have left it there.

When I chose the date 8•3•11 it was totally random. And then I searched it online to see if it was already related to anything big. I saw the bible verse, and at first didn’t think much of it. Then as summer began I thought that maybe 8•3•11 should actually have some purpose, so I made that crude sketch of an interactive sculpture that was sort of supposed to imitate a stoning. Those were really the only two things that were ever intentionally related to each other. So it sort of started to be some kind of weird stoning awareness thing if you could call it that? The idea never really got developed because I was busy with other things.

So then the whole thing started to blow up online and people thought it was an Alternate Reality Game(ARG). I didn’t know what an ARG was before this whole thing and I’m still not totally clear on it. At any rate people were interested in it and that was interesting to me so I gave “clues”. I put that in quotes because I had no idea where I was going with the whole thing. I’m not much of a story teller. I was actually going to shut it down a few weeks ago (probably should have followed my gut on that one), but it was really interesting reading the ideas people were coming up with and a lot of people seemed to be genuinely enjoying themselves. They didn’t seem to care that it was possibly nothing, so I carried on.

Eventually the whole thing started falling apart because nothing made sense anymore (probably because pretty much all the “clues” were just random bits of information). A lot of people seemed to think I was trying to create a game for them, but it was never really meant to be a game, that’s why it was a really terrible game. For the people that thought 8•3•11 was supposed to bring some earth shattering news, sorry. I mean, it’s a girl and a date with some spooky noises, how important could it really be? And it has a Formspring account… yeah.

As far as it being a viral campaign it went incredibly well until that whole crashing and burning part at the end. All I did was post about 10 flyers around my town and within two days the site had 1,000 hits and it snowballed from there. It was definitely interesting to see how some people could become so focused on something they knew practically nothing about. It even inspired a few spinoffs. I was never in this to harm anyone. I never said something would actually happen on 8•3•11. I’m sorry if I upset you. This was never meant to be a prank or anything like that.

None of the girls that people found had anything to do with the project and shouldn’t be bothered. It was just me and one friend working on it together.

In the end, I think what people really wanted was a mystery to solve and they did it. I think that’s pretty cool to be honest. I know it’s extremely cheesy to say, but it’s really wild to see what people can do when they work together like they did on this. So, good job. I hope you actually had some fun exposing me.

By the way, I noticed someone put up a CaféPress store with 8•3•11 merchandise. That was not me. Like I said before, I was never in this for some kind of profit.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

we solved this over 100 pages ago, starting on page 187, July 24
we are the reason he posted that explanation BEFORE THE 8/3 DATE

Please see this post that includes all the information you need to confirm this
edit on 13-8-2011 by Forevever because: being polite

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I thought that the Girl could possibly be Ann Frank. So much for that assumption. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I checked it out and the author says himself, that is a hoax.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by redVerbal
I checked it out and the author says himself, that is a hoax.

Like Forevever said a couple of posts above yours:

Originally posted by Forevever

we solved this over 100 pages ago, starting on page 187, July 24
we are the reason he posted that explanation BEFORE THE 8/3 DATE

Please see this post that includes all the information you need to confirm this
edit on 13-8-2011 by Forevever because: being polite

edit on 8/17/2011 by TNTarheel because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/17/2011 by TNTarheel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
"Ring" went comic book?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TNTarheel

I think the overall average iQ of ATS members drops everytime someone posts in this thread....
oops, there goes another point

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

This will be known as "The Thread That Would Not Die"

Dang, there went another point!
edit on 8/19/2011 by TNTarheel because: punctuation

top topics

<< 324  325  326    328  329 >>

join