It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-3-11 Creepy Website! Can We Figure Out The Code?!?!

page: 218
<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

and I just found jake no photo

absolutely no way they're not connected now
Jakes birthday is on the 15th
edit on 25-7-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry if you mentioned that Libertychiiky ♥

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
i am fairly sure that they never imagined that people could hack around and find out who they are. especially if they are just kids doing a project (hence the not covering up their address very well thing) and so i imagine that jacy never thought that anyone would see or find that photo in her facebook pics. and i doubt it is related to 8-3-11 the website. looks to me like jacy is involved in this group (project, whatever) - i am figuring she probably made the picture and then one of her friends (johnny) drew lil wayne's tattoos on it and thats why she took a picture of it, it was funny or a joke. i know the pic of belle DOES have to do with 8311, but maybe not that particular image (if it did, it would already be on the website i would think). i just think at best the pic on her facebook confirms that she is involved in the whole thing and that the image had been made a while back.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I will be sorely disappointed if this turns out just to be these his playing around trying to make a meme.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Yikes I think we may be done then. Good find!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NatalinaEx
I would say that the Proffitt connection is beyond speculation at this point. I do not see how it could be coincidence that a picture of "Belle" shows up on the FB of someone related to the Proffitt family.

However, I don't think we were meant to see that FB picture. I don't think the FB thing is a clue we were supposed to find. I think that's an oopsie. But it certainly does make the case that... at the very minimum... this started in that Proffitt circle. I don't see how you can get around that.

I certainly agree with you there, there is just no eliminating them. However, the part that intrigues me is earlier in the evening when the whole lying thing came out, and the clear censorship of the formsprings page was solidified, people were becoming abject and despondent.

Then, miraculously, someone popped on another website as an anonymous guest, and drops a new url on there, that is a direct link back to the real 8-3-11.info website.

I feel this happened a little earlier, perhaps, than they had planned, to try to bring people off the Proffitt/Facebook tracking, back to the page again. This could have been done for several reasons.

Firstly, to remove attention from the family, because they obviously did not want to be known. They privatized the web page whois, but a day late and a dollar short. The link is undeniable, because, as you said, the Facebook page completes the link. They sort of became a victim of their own circumstance.

Secondly, because of people that were about to wipe their hands of the whole thing, and basically calling them out, they needed to divert attention back to the website, and the whole thing again.

I think for some people, this made the whole idea this was a game even more concrete.

Most all we have at the moment is speculation, but we do have a few *concrete* things to hold on to, such as the family names and the Facebook accounts. I think this gives it a more "real" feeling. Anyone that harrasses this family over this needs to go to jail. The idea of finding the people behind it is more to follow clues as the 5 W's, as you as a writer would know about: Who, what, where, when, and why, not to harrass them and make their lives miserable. That aspect is just plain wrong.

Hopefully, any of the people harrassing anyone are not directly linked to ATS. I tend to be hopeful it would be "some other" sites. I can only speak for myself, of course.

I think some of the "key" things to be added to the list *do* include offsite things, such as the "List", and the Facebook/Lil Wayne image. I think the Facebook page with the images is wide open, because she is a confirmed link in the chain.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

and I just found jake no photo

absolutely no way they're not connected now
Jakes birthday is on the 15th

I'm sorry if you mentioned that Libertychiiky ♥

Lol nope, but I can't see Facebook, anything you could post?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

Doing a whois lookup is not hacking at all. That's the go to thing to figure out a site owner. The Jake and birthday thing seem pretty damning though.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

I think the possibilities of "what" its about are too numerous
I'm near convinced when it started it didn't have a purpose, and they're going to make one up based on our studies
same reason there's suddenly a conetproject formspring popped up claiming to be announcing something on 8/3 - 4 days ago - they're trying to throw us off cause we're getting too close to the "who" and that worries them

and they changed their icon www.formspring.me...#

Hah good catch, glad I saved the image he had up there, though.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I agree with you entirely. In fact, as I was looking at the photos on FB... I got a creepy vibe because the kids in the rest of the pics are so young... all high school kids or at the max recent high school grads. I just hope that while people are following these clues that they leave those kids alone!

I don't think there's anything wrong with investigating as we're all doing... after all, those behind all of this meant for us to investigate... I just don't think they imagined how deep it would go.

Another interesting point... nearly all of those connected to the two main FB people in question (gosh I don't even feel like using their names anymore) are connected in some way to the art department so... more and more this is looking like a post-high school summer project.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Just because it got lost in a ton of pages:

www.formspring.me...

First they involved Grace Sutuchan with you, now is Becky Proffitt... This girls have no more privacy in their life because this.

8•3•11 8X3X11
The harassment is disgusting.

11 hours ago

This was after he made two posts refuting any idea that Becky was involed, then rapidly deleted them. Note the time from now, 11 hours ago.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Interesting that the registrant of the 8.3.11 website lives here

Registrant Street1:14926 Flowerwood
forums.unfiction.com...

according to the Domain name registration data and the girl who has a photo of Belle on her Facebook page goes to Clear Lake High in Texas.

Now take a look how close these two locations are by going to Google maps and typing this in:

14926 Flowerwood Dr, Houston, Harris, Texas 77062, United States

then select directions and type in

2929 Bay Area Boulevard, Houston, TX, United States
(Clear Lakes High)

Student scam?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by highpriestess

Doing a whois lookup is not hacking at all. That's the go to thing to figure out a site owner. The Jake and birthday thing seem pretty damning though.

i didnt necessarily mean "hacking" i just meant if they are kids they might not have really realized that someone could find their address and phone numbers and names through whois... and that property tax information is public record so all you need is an address and you can find out who owns a certain house. i mean, these kids seem bright in some aspects, but not so bright in others... i am thinking they didnt think they would be found and not just the ones invlvoled but their parents, etc names all being posted up on message boards, etc. - i dont think they really thought out the whole "what if they figure out who we are" thing. i used the wrong word when i said "hacking" i didnt mean it in the clandestine sense of the word... just the general sense of the word that average people use when they mean to dig around on the internet and figure something out. semantics, man.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I think this person may be a good candidate for the "mastermind" behind this whole thing:

Erin Hill

www.facebook.com...

Check out where she worked and her musical interests...

www.facebook.com...

Also there is the "Assassin's Creed" - "Altair" connection in her games interests

I am pretty convinced this is all just an inside joke like a lot of people are speculating...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Please remember that not everyone has Facebook access, so if you have things of interest, could you quote them with proper attributions so everyone can see?

I have absolutely *zero* interest in ever having a Facebook page, and this whole thing is one great example why.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
Lol nope, but I can't see Facebook, anything you could post?

um..... I hate to post any of his personal info at this point but...

there is no info posted, but his friends are Becky and Peggy Proffitt, as well as Jacy thats how I found him.
under photos there's one - I believe he has downs syndrome

I'm starting to feel all kinds of guilty

yah possibly an important note - he has 6 total friends - Erin Hill is one of them too
also Craig Youngs and Rachel Butcher

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NatalinaEx

It could be, but I tend to lean towards the older brother, or one of the older girls' boyfriends being the actual person that started this. I think the kids are probably just having a lot of fun with it, in other words, involved by proxy.

I hope!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

No reason to feel guilty, it isn't like we are condoning that people do anything to them, if they do, they should suffer any bad consequences. But no, don't post personal information, just summarizing like you did is good.
It helps cement the connections is all.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Regarding harassment...

Clearly NO ONE should be actually bothering these people on facebook...or now that we know that the phone number that is connected to the site likely goes to a teenage girl, certainly no calls should be made. We know who is behind the site...they were attempting to drum up real world fear and hysteria...so we HAD to look into it and find out who was behind this. Now that we know that it's a bunch of moronic teenagers, the search should end and attempts to contact them should end immediately.

However....

These people DID do this as a way of drumming up possible fear on the internet. There are likely some people who actually were worried about some coming disaster or whatever. This was also caused by the GODAWFUL game that really could have used better planning and execution to be effective.

So...I see NOTHING wrong with people mocking the living hell out of these morons. There's no need to call them, or email them, or anything creepy or illegal...they are self-absorbed teenagers...THEY ARE READING THIS THREAD. So, I have made it a point to let them know as often as possible how truly pathetic their game was, and how irresponsible and inept they are.
edit on 25-7-2011 by LazerTron because: clarification

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Rachel goes to Baylor in Waco.......
quotes the pope re: art.....
bob dylan in her top 4 music favs.....

craigs favorite...
disney..... nothing else on his info

I'm thinking Peggy is the mom

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Don't feel guilty. I'm pretty worried about these kids now though if it is them. They just poked a couple of VERY big hornets nests and a lot of people will probably be very upset.

new topics

top topics

<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join