It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-3-11 Creepy Website! Can We Figure Out The Code?!?!

page: 326
<< 323  324  325    327  328  329 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I thought this place was Sanctuary !

But with less cats !

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
And the thread goes on.....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TNTarheel
reply to post by Qwenn

I'm really going to miss this thread

It's back to the name-calling, personal attacks, hateful, spiteful, misleading, Comet Elenin, Planet X, the Aliens ate my biscuit, YOU MUST READ type of crapola now.

No wonder we dragged this out as long as we could.

Spot on, spot on

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What do you get when ATS members work together? This....

And so it ends....until next time.

See you on the boards

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
8-3-11 is here!

ok Forevever you have to do one HUGE FINAL RECAP of the last 326 pages!

Get to work!!!

haha jk,

edit on 3-8-2011 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
FFS People it's 04-04-12 as in 2012. Christ...

4/4/2012 ffs!

I'm not leaving this thread until I've had the last word.

/lastword

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

of course I was kidding rofl

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I wish you all (TNT excluded because was there from the start) would show some support in the "Why I'm proud" Thread in my signature.

It makes me sad (I said this on the last page) that it didn't get nearly as much attention as some random clues that had no meaning...

So much for my belief that ATS people want to "help the world"

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
reply to post by voyger2

you're trolling

I'm not even discussing what WE did in this thread
I'm talking about the PERSON WHO OWNS THE WEBSITE

8-3-11.info...
www.formspring.me...

There it is youre solved case!!! cyber warness it's on!!! the atacks started today, from on SERVER, with A.I !!You wil see... lies and more lies from a computer, bettere multiple computer!!!

it's not a governemet that is doeing this ... computer want's end human mankind in "war Game" III WWW. Let's hope that governement's can be more intelegent .... but the military movements in USA ...hum..

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well folks, I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to ....Gei............ .......... .... ... ..

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

LOL if you're going to switch thats the one to go with !!!

if for no other reason than their AWESOME commercials!
My favorite...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Before 8-3 turns to 8-4 I wanted to say "thanks to Forevever and Domo" and say that I too love the "dog chases cat" commercial!

And anyone who stayed up at least for one night (like me) should consider making a donation!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

"good work"? "contributions?"

It is a sad fact that we, as humans, like to ascribe and unreal, grandiose value to things we do. A side effect of our ego, perhaps. Regardless, what good work comes out of a meaningless, trifling hoax? Where is the pay off for your investment of time?

I mean, i can understand how someone would claim "entertainment value" to balance the ledger there. But it amounts to solving a crossword puzzle that was slapped together by someone who had both never made a crossword puzzle, and initiall y didn't even intend for their efforts to become a crossword puzzle.

This was a fustercluck from the get go, by the admission of the "hoaxer".

People who have been around ATS for any reasonable amount of time know that I am no skeptic, no debunker, and no troll. I am just calling it like i see it. This was nothing but an exercise in make believe. And the "contributions" could well have been applied into something that would provide true insight or meaning. This just fell short at the starting line. It is just as damning to our credibility to have 300+ pages of this "user generated content" than to have all those stupid "indigo" threads.

To put this in context, i came into this monstrosity thinking, "How did i miss something so obviously good, as determined by our user contributions?" I base this initial curiosity on the Untersberg thread, which has about 300 pages, too. Most 300 page threads have several pages of really good reading in the beginning ("Stargates Are Real", "John Lears Moon Photos", "Forests On Mars???"). This was 300 pages of people conjecturing over a "puzzle" that didn't even start out a puzzle, and was thrown together in the same haphazard manner as a Bayou shed.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I'm sorry did you not read the recaps? Did you read all 323 pages?
Did you not see how when we realized the clues were fake, we went after the only thing that was real?
Were you involved in any portion of this thread to pass judgement, or is this just hindsight?

While its true I was "entertained" - that isn't what I got out of this in the end. I imagine everyone involved found their own personal things to grow and learn from.

At least I'd like to hope so. I'm well aware there are bitter people who assume their time was wasted. I pity them.

326 Pages with almost ZERO trolling - is in and of itself an accomplishment. That, along with John redeeming himself by guiding his audience to worthy/charitable causes - suggested to him by ATS members - makes me proud.

Take it how you wish. But I think you're wrong.

ETA: the last 20 or so pages is all joking though, I admit. Those were entertaining
Only the last 2 did I not post this.... maybe I should have

Reminder to newcomers! we solved this mystery last week

If you would like to read the major recap of everything we did in the thread prior to the identity/facebook work, its on Page 187 - a wealth of information!

The identity/facebook work is on pages 218 through 222

John's explanation
Formspring Q&A
See what he's done with his fame
edit on 3-8-2011 by Forevever because: go John!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Well that's just like, your opinion, man.

Had you been here from the beginning you may have found this thread a lot more interesting and meaningful in the way it brought forum members together.

If what we did by getting Johnny boy Proffitt to set up a charity link on his site helps at least one person, then I DO see that as meaningful.

I was one of the first in this thread to say it was nothing but kids on summer break with nothing better to do. But regardless if it was meaningless to begin with(and it most certainly was that indeed) at least something potentially good came out of it.

I guess this is one of those cases of, "You had to be there." to fully appreciate all the time and effort that went into it.

If this sounds like an attack in anyway, it's not. This is just me. Take it or leave it.
edit on 3-8-2011 by DeviousMaxximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by WarminIndy

"good work"? "contributions?"

It is a sad fact that we, as humans, like to ascribe and unreal, grandiose value to things we do. A side effect of our ego, perhaps. Regardless, what good work comes out of a meaningless, trifling hoax? Where is the pay off for your investment of time?

Perhaps you missed this.....

If you can point out 1 active thread, just 1 that provides the same entertainment value, the same civil atmosphere, the same sense of community then, by all means post the link and I, for one, will be happy to participate.

We have hurt no one's credibility. We have forced no one to read and/or participate. We have put forth no more incredulous theories and/or opinions than I've read on thread after thread here on ATS.

Forests on Mars?? Give me a break

edit on 8/3/2011 by TNTarheel because: grammar

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DeviousMaxximus

I think the most important thing I got out of this thread was the friends I made

I love you guys!!!

Watchdog still said it best!

We won at getting past stereotypes in the human race to achieve a common goal . Search as a combined unit .

edit on 3-8-2011 by Forevever because: I was reading the recap

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

We don't have to agree.

BUt like i said (and as is still being demonstrated here), the human ego will reinforce itself by ascribing undue importance to relatively meaningless actions. Many a religious philosophy has been borne from such boondoggles.

This whole last page is a perfect ending to something that could have been ripped from the files of South Park. Like the one where Obama won.
edit on 3-8-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

and those who continue to believe they are the only ones who are right, will justify it by saying our justifications are "undue"

After thought - we should totally turn 8311 into a religion
edit on 3-8-2011 by Forevever because:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

dude. babelfish.

and as for big furry as.... er..... whatever the last part of your name was... you're a little late, aren't ya? So, who cares what you have to say NOW. to you, with all due respect, i give a big furry middle finger. just sayin...

ETA: and yeah, yeah, forever et al i know that goes against the whole spirit of our thread... but still. hrmph.

edit on 3-8-2011 by highpriestess because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 323  324  325    327  328  329 >>

join