It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-3-11 Creepy Website! Can We Figure Out The Code?!?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Browsing around the internets tonight I found the following.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7119da5cdde.png[/atsimg]

On this thread, a link is given to a webpage. Someone in the thread claims the picture is of either two young women mashed together, or one young and one old. In the background on the page you can hear someone saying what sounds like the phonetic alphabet. If you listen long enough, what the voice is saying changes. It appears to be either some sort of weird numbers station online (meh...) a HOAX, or possibly some complany trying to do some sort of viral marketing.

There are apparently people who have seen the fliers in Texas.

Here is the website
Original Website

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21e433bbcf70.png[/atsimg]

This appears to be some sort of code off the site.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/56fe7b2a3644.png[/atsimg]

This was done on 4Chans /x/ board (paranormal board)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84dc7dc90b05.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f75bccbee4f9.png[/atsimg]
That above link was in Spanish, not sure what it says.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10e41169d390.png[/atsimg]

That's a little creepy isn't it?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b78b38351b5.png[/atsimg]

Another weird one!

Here is a link to a page discussing this in depth. I haven't gotten to far into the thread because I wanted to give everyone here a heads up first.

This Page Has Some Info

Formspring Account Where whoever is running the page is answering questions about it.

I think this is either a huge prank or some marketing scam. Either way, it's damn interesting and a little bit of a creep show. I've also seen that some people are unable to navigate all of the pages for whatever reasons.

edit on 20-7-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Just wanted to add there is some conjecture this is Resident Evil scamming on people. Certainly a possibility. As far as I can tell not associated with 4chan. I usually will here about stuff like this before I'm duped. Here's a response to one guy:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65854083d3ae.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/abc22d090443.png[/atsimg]

New Image Now

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
so it has something to do with the debt ceiling? with the 8-3-11?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I don't get it...

If that is a date that would be August 3rd, 2011.

I suppose I'll sit tight till that date and see what happens in the world.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Yeah looks Viral to me... maybe a computer game... you checked release dates for the 3rd of august... if i hade to take a pop either resident evil (note the umbrella) or possibly the new (and soon to be released bioshock game)

litttle girls, based on older girl.. black n white old style to it... think it could be... just my thoughts though.

dont understand the help spread the word bit.. when the word hasnt been announced, lol might need to wait n see what get release in like 2 weeks.
edit on 20-7-2011 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Yeah the umbrella had me thinking Resident Evil too when I saw it. I'm leaning more towards viral marketing. Does it remind anyone else of that Have You Seen This Man thing awhile back? It seems that way to me. If it is a marketing ploy, it's interesting at least.

Sorry for the sloppy thread, getting info from too many places at once.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Just wanted to add there is some conjecture this is Resident Evil scamming on people. Certainly a possibility. As far as I can tell not associated with 4chan. I usually will here about stuff like this before I'm duped. Here's a response to one guy:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65854083d3ae.png[/atsimg]

Rules 1 and 2

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
THIS IS AWESOME!!!

I don't know what the hell is going on, but -

THIS IS AWESOME!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The drawing is what got my attention the middle piece resembles a contact switch ..or booby trap trigger
I base this in the small circles at the end of the lines..which are the symbols for contacts in an electrical diagram ...any movement would cause contact..turning on something..or detonating something in the basket shaped part of the drawing.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby
The drawing is what got my attention the middle piece resembles a contact switch ..or booby trap trigger
I base this in the small circles at the end of the lines..which are the symbols for contacts in an electrical diagram ...any movement would cause contact..turning on something..or detonating something in the basket shaped part of the drawing.

Completely agree, I had a whole paragraph written out but my phone closed the page for some reason. Damn phone glitches.

All I will add is that it represents a decision with catastrophic/deadly/explosive/negative outcomes on either side of the decision. Could be debt ceiling decision, could also be Israel war decision, could be anything really. Whatever it is I think they think it'll happen on august 8th.
edit on 20-7-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Oh right it's summer again. Rules 1 & 2 are for raids only, and frankly if you follow any rules you really don't 'get it'. Don't waste space in this thread if you're not going to contribute.

link   
I'm on some Formspring page reading questions that people post and this person is answering. It's kind of intresting but I'm unsure if I want to keep digging or just throw in my hat.

Alot of the questions being asked just seem stupid but the answers seem very to the point.

This just seems silly to me, I'm not sure what to think of it all.

www.formspring.me...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HarHar

Don't throw in your hat! I found some of the questions on the formspring to be decent.

Does it seem weird to you that they were 'recruiting' and taking applications? I suppose the whole thing is rather strange.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
You know, they're probably gonna read all of this and wet themselves from laughter...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DesertedIsland

I know, I know. We haven't really jumped to any outlandish conclusions though so there is that. I know I'm going to see this thread in the HOAX bin come the 3rd but I still think it's neat.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
okay found this by doing a reverse Google Image search (new feature =D )

merzmensch.blogspot.com...

which refers to the site as The Conet Project

en.wikipedia.org...

none of these links are reliable, but im just trying to give some info

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Do you have an account on that site that you can ask questions?

I just logged in with my Facebook account and once I am done reading all of the questions I'm going to conjure up a few to ask.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Here is the meat and potatoes of the HTML code from that website:

"BrutalityUnec.mp3" autostart="true" loop="false" controller="true" bgcolor="#FF9900" height="0" width="0">
style="border: 0px solid ; width: 300px; height: 89px;" alt="Stomped" "StompedBy18000.png">
style="border: 0px solid ; width: 530px; height: 737px;" alt="Belle" "Belle%20M..png">      

•Ask
Anonymously•
•About Us•
•Help Spread the Word in Your Area•
•Get Involved•
•Sightings•

Copyfight
© 2011

Notice any oddities in there?

The music thats playing: embed "BrutalityUnec.mp3"

Brutality Unec? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Google UNEC and you find a university in Dubai, a cyber community, and an equipment company.

The site logo: "StompedBy18000.png"

What's the significance of 18,000? Why are they stomping? Who are they stomping? Offense or defense?

The girl: href="Alberta.png"

Alberta. Cute.

The same girl: alt="Belle" "Belle%20M..png"
href="ImagesofBelle.html"

What was wrong with Alberta?? Same chick, different name? There are more references in the code to "Belle" than "Alberta"... but seriously, why the double names??

Unless.... thats the names of the two people blended into this image...

edit on 20-7-2011 by DamaSan because: DOMO >> S+F
Play along!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Over at /x/ we found a woman named Arabella Babb Mansfield (Belle M.). She was the first female lawyer in the US. She died on August 1st, 1911 and was buried on August 3rd, 1911. So August 3rd, 2011 will be the 100 year anniversary of her funeral. As well on the formspring they just answered: Is her name Belle? with: She went by that name when she was young. "Guys. Could this all be a womans rights thing. Now that we may know who Belle M. is think about it. Female activist, Buried August 3rd 1911, The scripture passage talks of a woman who is pardoned by Christ for her promiscuity. The umbrella is a symbol of protection. Lots of connections are popping up now." It's adding up to be a woman's right movement if all this is correct.

Arabella Mansfield

Link

The date may not be reflecting 2011, or even a date at all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join