It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never before seen: Bioelectricity on single tadpole cell forms "face of frog"!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
the past falls into the future to distill the present

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Absolutely amazing, OP. I hope they learn from this happy accident and get really good at capturing these images. Things are getting really exciting in Biology for sure.
Really cool video. Thanks.

Here, I found it on YouTube...

The negative ion flash that happens first is totally supernatural looking.

edit on 19-7-2011 by Frater210 because: Vid

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Thanks for posting the video from Youtube (I couldn't locate it last night when I posted).

This whole story reminds me of this movie, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
that is not an image of the frog that it will become. That is the image of a frog from some other quantum universe.

Has ATS become the National Enquirer science edition?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Sounds like some good evidence of the holographic universe theory to me. SnF

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Some things never cease to amaze me...

The majority of ATS members scream out for scientific proof of something.. Then the moment something appears, like this bioelectric scientific test for example, some people here have to shout out "Pareidolia" or similar..

I am able to clearly see what is being described. It is the cell in the lower left corner that is the subject of this discussion.

You'll see a 'wave' of energy envelop the top, darker cell, then a few moments later a similar 'wave' washes over the lower cell, it then rotates slightly and this is when we get to see what is being talked about.

And please do correct me if I'm wrong.. I'm not a biologist.. And I really do not mean to cause offence to anyone.. just makes me wonder what one has to do, or be, to be given any form of credit these days..

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is the beginning of a completly new field of science that has unlimited capabilities. I will watch the video and educate myself. I find it hard to belive that bioelectromagnitism can show what an organism will become.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

You'll see a 'wave' of energy envelop the top, darker cell, then a few moments later a similar 'wave' washes over the lower cell,

Yes, it is very clear. It stands to reason that this 'guiding electrical impulse' precedes or is it implicit with the cell signalling that causes homeotic gene cascades to initiate transcription throughout the little organism.

Sort of like having your Bios flashed by God.

This is extremely important stuff, ATS.

Much more important than what is happening with Anonymous.

This is something to get excited about.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I just can't get over how cool these images are.

Look at these images...

The first is of the original 'signalling' negative ion wave that engulfs the embryo on the right...

First, a wave of hyperpolarization (negative ions) flashed across the entire embryo, coinciding with the emergence of cilia that enable the embryos to move.

Next, patterns appeared that matched the imminent shape changes and gene expression domains of the developing face.

Bright hyperpolarization marked the folding in of the surface, while both hyperpolarized and depolarized regions overlapped domains of head patterning genes. In the third course, localized regions of hyperpolarization formed, expanded and disappeared, but without disturbing the patterns created during the second stage. At the same time, the spherical embryo began to elongate.

It amazes me to be able to see the sites of rapid folding and morphing hi-lighted by the dye. This is exactly what Biology predicted that we would see. The protein folding is so incredibly complex but we see that it seems to happen so fast...

I am just stunned beyond belief.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

My sentiments exactly. It appears we're only seeing what we want to see in this cell.

I am not sure how this is possible.

It is a tadpole and we are seeing a tadpole. I don't get it. Please explain.

in this cell.

At this point it is an embryo so it is a collection of a bunch of cells that have just gone through some tortional gymnastics that would melt your brain if you knew the details.

edit on 19-7-2011 by Frater210 because: Ia!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Nice find. Dramatic.

The Tufts team found that disrupting bioelectric signaling .... correlated with craniofacial abnormalities. Some embryos grew two brains rather than one; others had thickened optic nerves or lacked normal nasal or jaw development. Interrupting the ion flux also altered the bioelectric patterns on the embryos' surface and expression of important face patterning mRNAs (messenger RNA that acts as a blueprint for proteins).

Makes you wonder if all the electro magnetism flying through the air, esp around power lines, has been having a subtle but as yet undetected disruption on human fetal development.

No wonder they tell pregnant women to stay away from microwaves.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

I think I viewed it wrong in my first post....maybe you can explain the process a little clearer (in a step by step manner) with this image..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9cd13df02a0.jpg[/atsimg]

Since I know too little about this process, here's my Sesamestreet interpretation...(feel free to correct me where you see fit)

Picture 1, 2 and 3 you'll see the hyperpolarized area come up from the base of the (future?) spine.

Picture 4 "A" is showing the actual (future) outline of the face with the eyes clearly visible marked "B".

Picture 5 The hyperpolarized areas are gone

Picture 6 The actual embryo is revealed.

I guess the magic happens in picture 4...???

I'm probably making a fool of myself but that's the way I interpreted it....

Peace
edit on 19-7-2011 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

where does this bioelectric "template" come from?

Well, that is probably a question that is presently eating the brains of the scientists involved.

That, to my novice understanding, is one of those chicken or the egg questions. But I will give it a whack until Phage gets here.

See, all of your genetic code, that contains the instructions for building the proteins that you are made of, is in every single one of your cells. That's called your genome.

So you may wonder why it is that your muscle cells just produce muscle tissue. It all has to do with cell signalling and certain transcription factors being turned on or off in the cell. This is where homeotic cascades come in. Theoretical gene cascades allow for the rapid deployment and implementation of transcription factors (protein building; tissue creation and morphogenesis) because one small change initiates a cascade of rapid changes.

These scientists have now taken a video using dyes of the electrical impulses that precede all of this action.

Where does the energy come from?

Well, it should come from reduction oxidation reactions or redox reactions. Electrons are freed for use by organisms, in this way, at the cellular level. In other words; cellular respiration.

Please somebody set me straight if I am screwing this up.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

No, no, I think you are doing great. I do think that we are seeing the dye in 4, the folding has just become very complex.

The large crease down the 'back' may very well be the spine and since you mention it the general shape seems to reflect what we know about gastrulation...

en.wikipedia.org...

I am not sure that I know a whole lot more about this than anyone else here; it is just that I have been very recently interested in Biology and computers and I also just aced BIOL105. So I'm fresh, that's all.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
please elaborate one more time for me. am I seeing a tadpole inside the embryo, or some sort of bio-electro template?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
please elaborate one more time for me. am I seeing a tadpole inside the embryo, or some sort of bio-electro template?

It's just a cell, and the bioelectric field is creating the illusion of what the embryo should/will grow into. If they disrupt the molecules which create this field (but not disrupt the DNA), then the embryo grows with deformities. This means that the bioelectric field is somehow important in telling the cells how to grow properly.

But no one has any idea where the information displayed in the bioelectric field comes from. It's the beginning of a major Paradigm Shift for the fields of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, just to name a few.

edit on 19-7-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: url

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
Where does the energy come from?

Well, it should come from reduction oxidation reactions or redox reactions. Electrons are freed for use by organisms, in this way, at the cellular level. In other words; cellular respiration.

Please somebody set me straight if I am screwing this up.

That's where the energy comes from, but where does the information come from?

Perhaps the DNA is acting like an antenna by broadcasting out the information into the bioelectric field?

Or maybe the information is stored in somewhere else, another dimension or quantum superposition?

edit on 19-7-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

k, just wanted to make "sure", this thread was kinda like a "pinch me moment". just incredible!!! the higgs boson of biology for sure.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

k, just wanted to make "sure", this thread was kinda like a "pinch me moment". just incredible!!! the higgs boson of biology for sure.

That's an excellent analogy. It seems to hint that something wonderful is about to be discovered. Something that will change everything.

Maybe 2012 is when they will announce science has officially confirmed the spiritual world is very real.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
It's just a cell, and the bioelectric field is creating the illusion of what the embryo should/will grow into. If they disrupt the molecules which create this field (but not disrupt the DNA), then the embryo grows with deformities. This means that the bioelectric field is somehow important in telling the cells how to grow properly.

So the information is there, but it needs to be put in place? The bioelectric field is acting like Gunnery Sergeant Hartman;

Attention!!!!

This is my dna. There are many like it
but this one is mine. My dna is my best
friend. It is my life. I must master it as
I must master my life

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join