It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun's website "hacked by LulzSec"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

The Sun's website "hacked by LulzSec"

www.telegraph.co.uk

The Sun's website appears to have fallen prey to hackers who redirected viewers to a fake news story claiming Rupert Murdoch had been found dead at his home.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hmm.....I thought LulzSec had disbanded some time back after their "50 days of lulz" campaign?

I can get why a hacker group would do such a thing as hack the top selling newspaper's website, especially one owned by Murdoch himself for the reasons stated (revenge for the death of the whistleblower as mentioned in another news item on ATS) but it makes me wonder.

Who was REALLY behind it?

A section of Anon, a group or individual trying to be a part of the crowd or did LulzSec secretly continue their work after claiming to disband purely to avoid any repercussions for what they'd already done?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
As far as I know, there are already two threads about this topic. The mods will refer you to the first thread in no time at all.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Consider this as a possibility; a) LulSec has obliged in making Mr. Murdoch's enterprises seem "the victim" or, 2) LulSec saw an opportunity for some good PR... after their last fiasco they need it.

I am inclined to believe the latter rather than the former.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Here is a link to the first thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
See this is exactly what i expect from Annon, this is totally there MO, really of all the claims so far of the things Annon and lulsec etc. have been involved in, this is totally up there street!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

we prefer to go by anon. oh, did I just say that?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by GonzoSinister

we prefer to go by anon. oh, did I just say that?

Haha my bad

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

3) anyone who can hack can claim he is Anonymous/LulzSec.

I reaaally really have this gut instinct they're too good to be true. If the CIA/NSA wanted these people caught, I cannot imagine them not being able to get them, especially after hacking government sites, CIA website, Monsanto, Mastercard, etc, etc..
edit on 19-7-2011 by falseveils because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join