It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News of the World phone hacking whistleblower found dead

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Oh I am in no doubt they will be declared blameless. I wonder if the same will be said with regards to Rebekah Brookes.

Speaking on the topic of the whistle blower who was found dead, Found out on Newsnight that there is another whistle blower, who was being interviewed, on NewsNight who has claimed Rebekah Brookes knew what was going on, and told journalists to to what ever they need to do to get the story, So someone is lying here.

Also the admission that news international were continuing to pay the dudes legal fees who was jailed over his actions on the hacking claims. Bizzaire to say the least.
edit on 19-7-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I had a feeling something like this was going to come to surface after the start of this NOTW scandal started.

Probably wont be the last thing we see and hear about this subject.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
www.metro.co.uk...

Totally expected............Do they think we are still asleep

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by vesta

might as well be..
..whats going to come of it, but what murdoch media says?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by vesta

might as well be..
..whats going to come of it, but what murdoch media says?

It was an unfortunate suicide, an extremely paranoid and depressed man with (whatever we tell you here).

You will believe eventually, because we make the news, and report it... Fair and Balanced, just the way millions and millions of incredibly gullible viewers, listeners and readers like it.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
So someone is lying here.

Basically.... if their mouth is moving, they're lying.
All of these people will lie and cover for each other...... most of the politicians will do the same.... and with the police on the payroll, I wouldn't hold out hope for any serious charges to be brought against anyone except the journo's themselves.

This would need an independent investigation.... all three parties involved are tainted..... that's the Police, Media and Politicians and I doubt we'll get a proper investigation.

Even though all of this wrongdoing, all of this criminality is there for the world to see, nothing will happen to those at the top.

Hopefully there will be some big changes.... but essentially, politicians will still be bought off, as will the police and everyone else.... that's the way of the world unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

There is a four P's in this, The Police, The Press, The Politicians, The Private Investigators.

What gets me though, We the public did not go off our heads when the Government admitted openly they hacked and tapped into individuals mobile phones etc. But when it came about with regards to the phone hacking by the press the public went ballistic over it. Seems oks for the Government to do it, but not others.

edit on 19-7-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
It's obvious the Murdochs will get a slap on the hand and then it's back to business for the Murdoch corporation.

Murdoch Snr, no doubt, has limited knowledge of the phone hacking. James Murdoch had full knowledge but chose to turn a blind eye. Brooks had full knowledge and lied and about it.

The Murdoch's "sorry" business was not conviencing. How do you apologise and then in the same mouthful say you're not responsible for the lapse judgement of your employees? Do the Murdochs ever take full responsibility for anything their company does? It appears not.

It appears the Murdochs don't seem to know anything about their own operations when cross examined by the MPs. James Murdoch stutters alot when nervous, his father seems to either suffer from dementia or amnesia when he can't answer any question.

Ex Police deputy chief Yates was a flake. Did'nt believe anything that came out of his mouth. I'm still confused as to why ex Police chief Stephenson even resigned....can someone explain that one to me?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem

There is a four P's in this, The Police, The Press, The Politicians, The Private Investigators.

What gets me though, We the public did not go off our heads when the Government admitted openly they hacked and tapped into individuals mobile phones etc

Isn't that 5 p's?

edit on 19-7-2011 by SpookyFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This man had to know that if he went after powerful people without the backing of powerful friendsor the ability to defend himself, that he would wind up dead. When billions of dollars and politicians are involved, heads always start rolling. Very sad indeed. -weboflies.org

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
To be quite honest, I don't think we are ever going to get down to the bottom of this and no doubts this story will quickly disappear as if it never happened a year from now.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SpookyFox

Are you referring to the Public? if so then oks there is 5 P's in this.

Public, Press, Politicians, Police, Private Investigators.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Ex Police deputy chief Yates was a flake. Did'nt believe anything that came out of his mouth. I'm still confused as to why ex Police chief Stephenson even resigned....can someone explain that one to me?

Need to know. Stephenson knows something. A for the Chief Commissioner's eyes only kind of something. Yates steps into Stephenson's shoes, now he also knows something.

They both know the full extent of corruption within the Met. Corruption in high places that involves government and international media corporations.

The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (c.23) (RIP or RIPA) is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom, regulating the powers of public bodies to carry out surveillance and investigation, and covering the interception of communications. It was introduced to take account of technological change such as the growth of the Internet and strong encryption.

RIPA can be invoked by government officials specified in the Act on the grounds of national security, and for the purposes of detecting crime, preventing disorder, public safety, protecting public health, or in the interests of the economic well-being of the United Kingdom.

en.wikipedia.org...

Laws have been broken, ignored or abused, money has changed hands and now a man who tried to act honorably, is dead.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Good to see ats users know what to star and flag . First reaction if you lose it you;re going to get wacked by the mob.. Theres more questions than answers , which branch is investigating this and have they managed to connect it with Hertforshire Police. Who is Van Natta with wife Jo Becker ? Jr ? Which department of the FBI is investigating the 9/11 hacking and where is the connection ?
And what I'd like to know is how much do the police have to pay the mobile phone corporation to ping the terrible ping ? Thats a frightful infringement of human rights. Smacks of real abusers.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

... yea, maybe as in a full court press! This whole thing stinks to high heaven- as to 'od'.... NA!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Need to know. Stephenson knows something. A for the Chief Commissioner's eyes only kind of something. Yates steps into Stephenson's shoes, now he also knows something.

They both know the full extent of corruption within the Met. Corruption in high places that involves government and international media corporations.

Didn't Yates come first ? As I remember he was a nancy boy who liked spliffs. Chief Commissioner eh.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
yes...but why have they turned on murdoch now...his companies been doing it for yrs..why now!
they used to print emails from blair.

apparently this is all over his bid for BskyB...for those that dont know....murdoch owns sky...British Broadcasting was mixed with it basically to stop the monopoly and mergers of uk media....but now murdoch wants to own the whole lot, hence his bid...up step the wolves and destroy him... a bit shocking that they will do this to a friend of theirs...i guess that theyr gonna throw in a load of crap he had nothing to do with...

I think it would be interesting to see layout in a spread sheet or graph who owns various media. Who's ox would be gored if Murdoch took full control of BskyB. Where are the Royals in all this mess? No disrespect but you just know the Queen has her hands in it somewhere. Also, will this be the downfall of the PM? Who has he p_____ off.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I think a lot of CEOs don't know anymore about their companies than their officers tell them unless there is a particular division they worked in at one time or have a some interest in. The meetings I've attended it seems obvious when they visit a division, give a canned speech and can't answer detailed questions without consulting officers unless it's their specialty. They have a high level detached overview and they are pretty good at schmoozing stock holders, bankers and politicians.

So, I can see how Murdoch might not know what was going on when his information was filtered through obviously untrustworthy officers.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join