It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News of the World phone hacking whistleblower found dead

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Exactly!

Why would he worry about being killed if he was going to kill himself anyway?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by vesta

www.metro.co.uk...

Totally expected............Do they think we are still asleep

As an RN I know of dozens of ways a person can be killed with no abnormal tests postmortem.

It's not exactly secret information.

I'm not big on conspiracy theories normally but this smells pretty bad. He had info that could end the careers of a lot of powerful people.

Let's hope it doesn't spook the others who know the truth.
edit on 19-7-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JRockABM
Who else would want to kill him at this same exact time that one of the most powerful men in the world is on trial for fraud.

Is Murdoch on trial for fraud? He is however facing parliament (media select committee), but that is an inquiry by the State, not a trial.

If you think Rupert Murdoch is NOT one of the world's most powerful men, think again. He controls the minds of the masses through his messages he produces through all of his media outlets. His media outlets have become the voice of the EVIL...the same powers that promote WAR, HATRED, FEAR, and LIES!

I never once said he wasn't nor do I deny that he is one of the most powerful men. You cannot control that which has not given up that control. All media outlets do the same thing; your suggestion is that his is the only one.

He obviously has low morals...what's killing one guy to him? Also, if we've learned anything, some people think they are too powerful to get caught for doing terrible things, they live in a bubble that the rest of us dont. Rupert is also just the face of this company, there is no telling who is calling the shots for everything! He might have his own little shady Rumsfeld the way Bush did. A smart villain never gets his OWN hands dirty, there are people that do that for him.

And that is your personal opinion. My first reply in this thread didn't question his morals (I don't know the man and anything said is speculation based on perceived observation. Is he shady? No clue really. I can guess that he has done stuff to get where he is, but to what ends that stuff is...can be anything.

Wake up!

I am awake. I don't knee jerk into reactions based on what another media outlet says about their competitors. You don't see the irony in your stance? Probably not. Call me an oddity among these message boards for actually sifting through information and making logical conclusions based on what is found rather than jumping straight to HE'S A MURDERER!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Stephenson was the Commissioner, (a job that pays over £250,000pa; he obviously could not afford the few days at the spa that Wallis, a former NoTW phone hacker, provided for him!), Yates was an Assistant in charge of counter-terrorism. Stephenson resigned on the 17th and Yates on the 18th.

Stephenson claimed his resignation was to protect the wider integrity of the Met.

Yates was involved in the cash for peerages investigations that did so much to discredit Blair's government.

Deputy Commissioner Tim Godwin is now Acting Commissioner.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

The funny bit is, the police originally said there was suspicious circumstances

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

They did, do you have any links to any reports that they actually said this?

If not then it adds to the speculation over this death. Does it not, and if it is a police doctor who will be doing the post mortem, I will take his findings with a pinch of salt. After the fiasco of the Verdicts over the death of Ian Thomison.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
“The real rulers in Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes.”
Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter, 1952

“Fifty men have run America, and that’s a high figure.”- Joseph Kennedy, father of JFK, in the July 26th, l936 issue of The New York Times.

“The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the larger centers has owned the Government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson.”
-A letter written by FDR to Colonel House, November 21st, l933

“…if the American people had ever known the truth about what we Bushes have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched.”
George H.W. Bush - interview 1992

This is for those who still believe that those in Power have nothing to do with events such as this one, they are behind everything as history clearly reveals, if, one is looking for it.
edit on 20-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Actually the findings of the committee will be relayed to the Judicial Inquiry which will be lead by a so called legal judge. The judge if finding any wrong doings could summon Murdoch to court. Wither he would comply is another story.

The fact that News international were still paying the legal fees for someone who is in jail, that in itself, could lead to criminal investigation, If I may add it has just been announced, that they are ceasing, the payments of the legal fees on this individual.

James Murdoch however is another story, he should be arrested in my opinion, over his actions or non actions over these allegations.

Does incompetence come into this, with the failures of him and News International in reacting to this.

What I also find baffling, Yates took eight hours to read documents and decided there was no need for any more investigations. But when the Former PCC, employed by News international looked at emails, which were supposedly lost which we now know to be untrue. He just took 5 minutes, to decide that there was criminal activities within the emails.

As a member of the public said yesterday, If that was us we would have been sacked, or criminally charged. It seems one rule for us and another rule for those in power.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Ah so they have been reemployed as Chief Commissioners and re-resigned somewhere I am guessing. When police are investigating themselves then quis custodes ipsos custodet ? _ who guards the guards ?
Lord Chief Justice Mervitt the smurf on acid ?
The counter-counter terrorists , who looks after them ? Are they mad ?
To LOVE Justice , then have a lot of Respect for Judges , MANY MUCH. In this country you can still judge for yourself if man really landed on the moon . x years ago today .
I 'd like to hear what Sir Gerald Kauffmann and The Lady Baroness Tonge are saying over lunch .
We are to be handed a written record - who has read the report ? <
who investigates ; sfo , soc , forensic pathology dept. ? MI5&6 ? the ultra-meds? the obaminators?
who runs those network masts ? someone i know feels like suing them ...
and this englsihman . . . he said what are you trying to do in my country zionists ?
Typified proverb ; Going against what is right is like digging a hole for yourself to fall into in the night . Whenever was Moses a selfish man ? But woe unto thee Egypt and Pharoah that was more like it .
Is it Dieu et Mon Droit written there ?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem

They did, do you have any links to any reports that they actually said this?

If not then it adds to the speculation over this death. Does it not, and if it is a police doctor who will be doing the post mortem, I will take his findings with a pinch of salt. After the fiasco of the Verdicts over the death of Ian Thomison.

No, it was on Oz LameStream TV News

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

I get the gist of what you are saying ZIPMATT. Yes, this case, probably more than any other in recent history, will be the one to most likely expose the full extent of corruption in the British power and control system!

Some people forget that the British sense of fair play and decency underpins the very fabric of the lives of the proletariat. When Milly Dowlers father read his statement after that freak was sentenced for murdering his beautiful daughter, he did not pull his punches. His family were treated appallingly and without speaking to another soul about this, I can guarantee that the vast majority of the British public now want to see change that protects not the PTB and their cohort in the police rank and file or offshore, foreign interests but rather the interests of the people themselves.

I think the death of the whistleblower Hoare will spark a quiet outcry that will carry more power and weight than any indignation by the luvvies who ensured this stinking abuse of British law remained in the public eye.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Just remember he was not the only whistle blower, with regards to the revelations over the phone hacking there is another individual involved. I only hope this other individual will take steps to assure his own safety.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

So you're using a report from the Mainstream Media in Australia, which you can't link us to, when the case took place in Britain, and the earliest news stories, from Britain, are the ones that have exclusively been used here?

That's not establishing evidence. The police never said that his death was suspicious, at least not in the public eye.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hacking runs deep high danger issues. .Com hack the name of game on,
Is the dead man's wife being hacked ?
when your coms are hacked ; is it the _real police who turn up when requiring them in an emergency ? It depends who answers that call . do you want police fire or ambulance brigade ?
Foresight - now that catches people out. 'Norton' protected websites , and 'Spydus' local government systems .
Are these the friends of assassins and their ~ employers ? what protection is there left from being pinged unto death ?

the issue being - public confidence (in general) - you couldnt have confidence anymore, all being said. not while bunker holes are being banged out all over the world . through life i learned not to rely on the state for anything but personal security . now is that gone ? was there a voice from the middle of nowhere saying "a measure of wheat for a penny and a measure of barley for half a penny , and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine " . ??

now question - the pole shift - is it nothiing ? or maybe just a wee bit like the Fukushima radiation? what does the UN tell you? the all important WHO ?
who is NOT , making money from the story - strange but true ? who is NOT allowed to report British tsunamis in the Sunday Papers ? who will NOT be saying any more as of two days ago ?
who the hacking hell asks the questions round here ?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

George Webley, died 7th May 2011 aged 53yrs, cause unknown, coroners report pending,
Thames Valley Police responsible for any investigation.
Known as 'Big George', he claimed that when he worked for them in the 1980's, Sky/NoTW were involved in covert surveillance.

Shaun Hoare, died 17th July 2011 aged 48yrs, cause unknown, autopsy tox report pending,
Hertfordshire Police responsible for any investigation

Paul McMullen, accidental (?) whistleblower recorded by Hugh Grant, alive and well at time of writing!

Here's the BBC page that lists the key people involved.

www.bbc.co.uk...

It does not list any other whistleblowers. Who is the other whistleblower you mentioned?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Just watched it now its Paul Mcmullen whom I was referring to, he discussed the murdochs case On news night where he speaks about the death of the other whistle blower.

Link provided to the interview:

BBC I PLayer Newsnight
edit on 20-7-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Daily Mail are saying it's possible suicide.

Interesting development

Intersting bit in the comment section about how its coincidental that he died the night his interview aired on Panorama and the day before he was to front the Enquiry.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
No doubt Cameron will have briefed people before the judicial enquiry.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis

So you're using a report from the Mainstream Media in Australia, which you can't link us to, when the case took place in Britain, and the earliest news stories, from Britain, are the ones that have exclusively been used here?

That's not establishing evidence. The police never said that his death was suspicious, at least not in the public eye.

Sure, It's in the News it must be True right, right.

Just like the US Economy is coming out of recovery. It must be True, because Obama keeps getting on TV and saying it is. And if you can't trust a President, who can you Trust. Who can you Trust.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

Originally posted by Solasis

Sure, It's in the News it must be True right, right.

Just like the US Economy is coming out of recovery. It must be True, because Obama keeps getting on TV and saying it is. And if you can't trust a President, who can you Trust. Who can you Trust.

Is it asking too much for you to notice that YOU are also using evidence from the news?

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join