It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God's Word The Bible IS Infallible!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Okay dude. I have a challenge for you. This will prove whether or not you are a blind believer. This will prove whether or not you understand why the Bible is true versus believing the Bible is true based on cultural upbringing.

This has to come from you, so don't go quoting any scriptures, or even look up any scriptures for this answer. Okay?

Here is the question:
Besides our creator, who/what is God?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
What of the Gnostic texts then? Is it ok for man to pick apart the bible and choose what stays and goes? If God's word is infallible and your religion picks and chooses what they want to believe, should you not leave this religion for its sacrilegious acts defying the word of God?

From what I learned and know - Jesus, the apostles and the first cent Christians did not use any Gnostic text. Interestingly the Gnostic writers quoted extensively from the Bible - then intermingle it with human philosophy and flawed ideas - thus it's Gnostic.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

Go back and read what some of the brightest minds have to say,,,, you could have even repeated them,,, I would have been interested in that,,, References I think they are called.

No other brightest mind than God himself thus - I reference him.

The rest are just philosophy and human ideas.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by edmc^2

Okay dude. I have a challenge for you. This will prove whether or not you are a blind believer. This will prove whether or not you understand why the Bible is true versus believing the Bible is true based on cultural upbringing.

This has to come from you, so don't go quoting any scriptures, or even look up any scriptures for this answer. Okay?

Here is the question:

OK -

As to WHO?

He is known by the four Hebrew letter YHWH/JHVH (anglicize) - Many refer to him as Jehovah, some call him Yahweh, Jahveh, Yehowah.

As to what is God? All I can say is that he is the source of all life (matter and energy) a Spirit being.

The CAUSE - or the first cause. The uncreated ONE.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
hey, are you ignoring me too? how do you count hours? do you use a stopwatch while you write here?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2

reply to post by edmc^2

Here is the question:

OK -

As to WHO?

He is known by the four Hebrew letter YHWH/JHVH (anglicize) - Many refer to him as Jehovah, some call him Yahweh, Jahveh, Yehowah.

As to what is God? All I can say is that he is the source of all life (matter and energy) a Spirit being.

Yep. Just as I suspected. You have no clue what you are preaching about and you are in fact the result of cultural upbringing and peer pressure.
Read this---> www.abovetopsecret.com...

and then this--->www.abovetopsecret.com...

I agree with every word of the Bible (just about), as do you. The difference is, I actually know what it is talking about and you are blindly believing. Do you know what it means to be a blind believer? Believe me. You are.

edit on 19-7-2011 by smithjustinb because: letter

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

What is the "Word" of God? The power of rationality, and what is God? Reason itself.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm am still waiting for you to accept my challenge edmc^2. Gather your prophets and we shall meet atop Mount Carmel (or the mountain of your choice) with our sacrifices.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2

reply to post by edmc^2

Here is the question:

OK -

As to WHO?

Yep. Just as I suspected. You have no clue what you are preaching about and you are in fact the result of cultural upbringing and peer pressure.
Read this---> www.abovetopsecret.com...

and then this--->www.abovetopsecret.com...

I agree with every word of the Bible (just about), as do you. The difference is, I actually know what it is talking about and you are blindly believing. Do you know what it means to be a blind believer? Believe me. You are.

edit on 19-7-2011 by smithjustinb because: letter

OK - thanks for the expert analysis, but of course that's your opinion, in the end though God is the ultimate judge.

But to what you said:

Infinity is nothing. Nothing is infinity. If infinity were a measurable quantity, it would be finite. If nothing were a measurable quantity, it would be something. If infinity were something it would be finite, therefore infinity is nothing. Anything you say about infinity you can say about nothing, so if you want to doubt this logic and argue with me about it, first say something that holds true of infinity, and realize that it can also apply to nothingness....

Do you believe that infinity exist? I do.

in any case here's what said on another thread since you brought up "infinity"

Ah, the ultimate question: Who Created the Creator? Who Created God? Did God had a beginning like the material universe?

If you can grasps the following concepts then you will understand my point:

Do you believe based on evidence that there's such a thing as Infinity? I do.

Whether through mathematics or cosmology it can be proven that Infinity exist - for example, space is infinite.
Does this knowledge bother you? True it boggles the mind but can you accept it?

Here's another - the core of the sun is about 27,000,000 degrees Fahrenheit [15,000,000°C]. Can you fathom or even understand such amount of heat? True it boggles the mind but can you accept it?

Here's another - the biggest star discovered they say has diameter of our milky way Galaxy. Can you fathom or even wrap you brain around on such a distance? True it boggles the mind but can you accept it?

I can cite many more - but the point is, if you're able to accept such mind boggling, almost impossible to comprehend wonders of the universe - why is it impossible to accept that such a being exist?

A being that the Bible says who has no Beginning and No End - fact is the scriptures calls him King of Eternity.

“Now to the King of eternity, incorruptible, invisible, [the] only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.” (1 Timothy 1:17)

So the answer to the ultimate question about who created God is: NO ONE - He Always Existed!

If not - what's the alternative?

Either God does not exist thus ALL of these came into existence by unguided process or that someone created the creator - thereby creating an unending question of who is the real Creator?

But the Bible simply states the simple fact that God always existed - noone created him.

Isa 43:10 -ASV: "Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me."

Impossible you say. If so is Infinity impossible?

As for substituting a name for God (YHWH - Jehovah / Yahweh) you can do that but does this mean to you then that he exist? But right now we know him as Jehovah or Yahweh/Yawveh.
===

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sm30482
hey, are you ignoring me too? how do you count hours? do you use a stopwatch while you write here?

Huh??

this is a forum for open discussion of any subject - in this case religion n such - so why are u sooo worried about time?

it's like buddies having a conversation so relax man and you might learn something new.

but to put ur mind at ease - no.

edit on 19-7-2011 by edmc^2 because: relax man

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
I'm am still waiting for you to accept my challenge edmc^2. Gather your prophets and we shall meet atop Mount Carmel (or the mountain of your choice) with our sacrifices.

not sure why the mod did not remove your post - I guess it's OK then to respond.

You said to gather my prophets - sorry, I'm not a prophet nor have prophets and have no time to go up a mountain - so I guess you won. Congratulations!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

Thanks Seektruthalways1 for the comment - very informative - I'll look it up more in detail later.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

You wrote:

["Whether through mathematics or cosmology it can be proven that Infinity exist "]

Nope, it can be conceptualized, which is something else than 'proving' it.

Quote: ["Here's another - the core of the sun is about 27,000,000 degrees Fahrenheit [15,000,000°C]. Can you fathom or even understand such amount of heat? True it boggles the mind but can you accept it?"]

And when the mind is sufficiently boggled, it's ready for theist speculations?

Quote: ["I can cite many more - but the point is, if you're able to accept such mind boggling, almost impossible to comprehend wonders of the universe - why is it impossible to accept that such a being exist?"]

Because it's the " 'god' of the gap", that's why. And Brahma actually fits the job-description better.

Quote: ["A being that the Bible says who has no Beginning and No End - fact is the scriptures calls him King of Eternity."]

The flying spaghetti monster doctrines say something similar. I can write them for you already, if you're interested.

Quote: ["So the answer to the ultimate question about who created God is: NO ONE - He Always Existed!"]

That is, if he DOES exist. An often forgotten point.

Quote: ["If not - what's the alternative?"]

Looking for a REAL answer.

Quotye: ["Either God does not exist thus ALL of these came into existence by unguided process or that someone created the creator - thereby creating an unending question of who is the real Creator?"]

OR as a third option, that nobody knows, and somebody saw a guru-opening and invented answers.

Quote: ["But the Bible simply states the simple fact that God always existed - noone created him."]

Just a bigger circle-argument, build on smaller circle-arguments.

Quote: ["Impossible you say. If so is Infinity impossible?"]

It isn't impossible, but just like that filling it with mythological beings is something else.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

You know circle is a perfect object - no beginning and no end - just like the concept of infinity - the Alpha and the Omega.

Just like God.

So only two possibility:

God exist or Not.

Do you you believe infinity exist? Why?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by meatpie40
reply to post by edmc^2

you are suffering a form of mental illness, there is no god there is no infallible word it is just your mind playing tricks on you and you are part of a large group of people suffering from mental illness

Interestingly people accused Yehoh·shu′a‛ this:

22 Then they brought him a demon-possessed man, blind and dumb; and he cured him, so that the dumb man spoke and saw. 23 Well, all the crowds were simply carried away and began to say: “May this not perhaps be the Son of David?” 24 At hearing this, the Pharisees said: “This fellow does not expel the demons except by means of Be·el′ze·bub, the ruler of the demons.” 25 Knowing their thoughts, he said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself comes to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26 In the same way, if Satan expels Satan, he has become divided against himself; how, then, will his kingdom stand? 27 Moreover, if I expel the demons by means of Be·el′ze·bub, by means of whom do YOUR sons expel them? This is why they will be judges of YOU. 28 But if it is by means of God’s spirit that I expel the demons, the kingdom of God has really overtaken YOU. 29 Or how can anyone invade the house of a strong man and seize his movable goods, unless first he binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. 30 He that is not on my side is against me, and he that does not gather with me scatters.

“19 Again a division resulted among the Jews because of these words. 20 Many of them were saying: “He has a demon and is mad. Why do YOU listen to him?” 21 Others would say: “These are not the sayings of a demonized man. A demon cannot open blind people’s eyes, can it?”” (John 10:19-21)

So his followers will be treated the same:

edit on 19-7-2011 by edmc^2 because: aa

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Isn't the truth we're after?
Why can't you accept the truth?

edmc^2,

I am in fact after the truth. PLEASE answer the questions that I asked of you in regard to this conversation.
I believe they are on page 6 of this thread towards the bottom.
Rather than have you argue "God said so, therefore it must be the truth", I'd like to understand a little more about this subject and ask that you kindly and respectfully answer the questions that I asked of you.

Thank you.
- OpenDiscussions

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
God is not a man in the sky casting down judgement on non-believers. That's just stupid and is a false interpretation of the Bible by ignorant people. The judgement is done according to natural laws. Your destination is according to natural laws as well. It's not about saying, "Jesus save me" and it is done. It's about following in his footsteps as the embodiment of Love. The holy spirit is love. The reason the sacrifice he made on the cross actually saves us is not magic. It is just that it is an example of someone who had love so unconditionally that he would go as far as dying in the hands of people who hate him so as to remain on the path of unconditional love. He did all the things he did to show us fools that it could be done so we could potentially follow his example and do what was previously unthinkable.

We could all live and be like Jesus, it's just a matter of choosing to. If you think not, then you will never really be saved, because you're just waiting on him to do it for you. He's not going to save you or save anyone else. He already did. His work is done. The rest is up to us. He's not going to do work through you except by the holy spirit which is love. So if you want Jesus in your heart, learn unconditional love. Going up to the altar and saying an affirmation one day in church is just a bunch of meaningless words if you don't have love. In fact, an affirmation is not even necessary. In fact, you don't even need to have ever known who Jesus was. All you need is love.
edit on 19-7-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Ok... lets start then.
The god of the bible is all love right? he cares about you, he cares about me..

Have you read Judges 20?
It tells the story of Israel going against Benjamin because a sexual sin. You should know it.
They asked god who should go first, which tribe:

18 And they proceeded to rise up and go on up to Beth´el and to inquire of God. Then the sons of Israel said: “Who of us should go up in the lead to the battle against the sons of Benjamin?” To this Jehovah said: “Judah in the lead.” 19 After that the sons of Israel rose up in the morning and camped against Gib´e·ah.

Do you know the result?

20 The men of Israel now went out to battle against Benjamin; and the men of Israel proceeded to draw up in battle formation against them at Gib´e·ah. 21 So the sons of Benjamin came on out from Gib´e·ah and brought twenty-two thousand men in Israel down to ruin to the earth on that day

OK ok ok..... 22 000 people died there because they had faith in god, following their words.

God, not happy with that, again:
23 Then the sons of Israel went up and wept before Jehovah until the evening and inquired of Jehovah, saying: “Shall I again approach for battle against the sons of Benjamin my brother?” To this Jehovah said: “Go up against him.”

the result was 18000 men died again.

I will stop here. God let 40 000 people die for following his words??? is that an ALL LOVE GOD?
I do believe in god. But if he is love, this book doesn't show this here.
I

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

You wrote:

["You know circle is a perfect object -"]

And so a circle-argument is OK then?

Quote: ["no beginning and no end"]

EXACTLY like a circle-argument.

Quote: [" just like the concept of infinity"]

AND like a concept, yes.

Quote: [" Just like God."]

Yes, 'god' is exactly like a circle-argument concerning a concept, and as circles are 'perfect' it's a 'perfect' circle-argument. A classical and very semantically correct example of the perfect circle-argument.

Quote: ["So only two possibility: God exist or Not."]

He, he, very funny, this using of a double-bind question, to create false absolute positions and avoid the 'god-of-the-gap' inconvenience. Purely semantic and in any case an orchestrated choice of options on your premises.

Quote: ["Do you you believe infinity exist? Why?"]

I can believe in an absense of time, which is the rational position. 'Infinity' is a meaningless concept there. Your proposition is topsy-turvy, starting from the answer, as is common in the theist way, when trying to 'prove' something. Standard logic would be welcomed.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sm30482

God is me. God is you. God is flowers. God is love. God is hate.

This is really what God is: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thus, the Bible gives an accurate representation of him. Yes God's beingness is contradictory throughout the Bible, but that doesn't disprove God. It proves him.

Jesus is love. Love is one of two paths to God. You'll never guess what the other path is.

Satan(destruction)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join