It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God's Word The Bible IS Infallible!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

The napkin religion is the only true religion. The napkin created the universe. In the afterlife you will be judged by the supreme napkin. I know this is the truth beacuse the supreme napkin gave me a book written on napkins made of napkins that says it is.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
RELIGION =SLAVERY

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
RELIGION IS A CANCER

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
GO KILL FOR YOUR #ING GOD LIKE HE DEMANDS OVER AND OVER IN THE BIBLE

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
As The Lord Me Said:
(20:11:69 - Mike's House) "...Those that own tails follow, in mud their mind will puddle."
So be it.

And you know why?
Because, as the Lord Me said:
(42:09 - Downtown Garage) "..Thy feeble pebble trembles, if caustic yoda's better."

Hope that clarifies the issue.

Drakus.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The true meaning of religion has been corrupted through the ages by man for their personal gain. I find it funny how followers of religion still like to separate mankind as inferior to God, when countless evidence shows in the bible, Quran and ancient scriptures that God created man his image and that we have the power to be gods. Not to mention on the first pages of Genesis, God is referred to as "Gods"...

Keep on dreaming for the messiah people...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Wow..you really just don't understand this do you.

Your are so blinded by your own fanaticism.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
God does have the ability to insure His book is preserved exactly the way he wanted it to be, it's that simple.
Disagree and protest as much as you want, you either believe he has that ability or not, if you think he doesn't, then you are at the very least agnostic to the God of the bible. As how can you have faith in a God you don't even think can properly protect his instructions to us as to what he expects of us, and what we need to do to survive against his enemies.

If ""God"" had that much ability we'd also be lacking in need for prisons and psych wards.

His "enemies" are usually between his relatives or other gods who work for him. Just as us Americans, and the Jews were "enemies" to Hitler and his myriads of Nazis, just cause we didn't believe in genocide. And yes what god is doing is genocide. Probably been killing off members of his 69 brothers, his wife, father, grandfather, and so on. Your "God" is a power-hungry, brain-washing, villain as far as I am concerned.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Well when they stop editing and creating new editions, (must be around 14,000 translations by now)....please tell us which one he wants us to read.

I can go to any church bookstore and find at least 10 at any time alone.

That is a very fair question, which I will answer. Total removal of God's name represents a compromised edition.
There are at least 12 that use his personal name in English, these are all good bibles.

PSALMS 83:18 in Twelve Different Bibles using God’s Name !

1) Third Millennium Bible-That men may know that Thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the Most High over all the earth.

2) King James Bible-That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

3) The Bible in Living English-And know it is you alone that are named Jehovah, on high over all the earth.

4) The New World Translation-That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

5) New Simplified Bible-That they may know that you alone, whose name is Jehovah, are the Most High over all the earth.

6) American King James Version-That men may know that you, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, are the most high over all the earth.

7) Darby Bible Translation-That they may know that thou alone, whose name is Jehovah, art the Most High over all the earth.

8) English Revised Version-That they may know that thou alone, whose name is JEHOVAH, art the Most High over all the earth.

9) Webster's Bible Translation -That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

10) Young's Literal Translation - And they know that Thou -- (Thy name is Jehovah -- by Thyself,) Art the Most High over all the earth!

11) American Standard Version-That they may know that thou alone, whose name is Jehovah, Art the Most High over all the earth.

12) Geneva Study Bible-That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

13) WLC Hebrew - וְֽיֵדְעוּ כִּֽי־אַתָּה שִׁמְךָ יְהוָה לְבַדֶּךָ עֶלְיֹון עַל־כָּל־הָאָֽרֶץ׃

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

You wrote:

["Remember the word of God said that God is Love and there's no badness in him - so it's impossible for him to do bad things. But since our understanding is limited we sometimes misunderstand his righteous acts and sometimes accused him of something he never did."]

Isn't a circle-argument a wonderful thing; ........ for ALL believers of ALL mythological speculations.

And isn't it wonderful also, that circle-arguments can be used again and again and again, effectively filtering criticism, as: "It's true, because it's true".

I'm presently converted to pastafarianism (on probation), and on a: "It's true, because it's true"-basis I will consequently CLAIM again and again and again, that the flying spaghetti monster is THE truth etc.

And ooooh....... how I can repeat it and preach about it.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ray1850
reply to post by edmc^2

The napkin religion is the only true religion. The napkin created the universe. In the afterlife you will be judged by the supreme napkin. I know this is the truth beacuse the supreme napkin gave me a book written on napkins made of napkins that says it is.

I hope, that you and I at least can ignore each others ultimate claims (napkin vs noodle-master) in a polite silence. I really haven't got the time to start a religious war just now.

I suggest, that we are both infallible in different ways as a compromise.
edit on 19-7-2011 by bogomil because: addition

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
This must require a belief in the bible in the first place....

The Bible is written by men....who say...that God told them to say...what they have said.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by mileysubet
This must require a belief in the bible in the first place....

The Bible is written by men....who say...that God told them to say...what they have said.

back...

I assume you did not read the past posts - so here they are again:

Here's what the Bible writers said:

2Pe 1:20 Above all, you must realize that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophet's own understanding, [fn]

2Pe 1:21 or from human initiative. No, those prophets were moved by the Holy Spirit, and they spoke from God.

"All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work." -- 2 Tim 3:16, 17

Or these (and many more)

Rev 1:10 It was the Lord's Day, and I was worshiping in the Spirit. [fn] Suddenly, I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet blast.

Rev 1:11 It said, "Write in a book [fn] everything you see, and send it to the seven churches in the cities of Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea."

-- NLT

For those who keep saying circular resoning - using the Bible to confirm that it's the Word of God - will you accept then it if ALL Christians in the world say that it is?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

reply to post by edmc^2

I hope, that you and I at least can ignore each others ultimate claims (napkin vs noodle-master) in a polite silence. I really haven't got the time to start a religious war just now.

NO ONE is perfect and everyone on earth is infallibel and prone to make mistakes thus the Word of God is the ONLY authority when it comes to salvation, faith and truth. That I totally aggree. And since there's no other book that is proven to be the Word of God - thus I use the Bible as the final authority.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

You wrote:

["Remember the word of God said that God is Love and there's no badness in him - so it's impossible for him to do bad things. But since our understanding is limited we sometimes misunderstand his righteous acts and sometimes accused him of something he never did."]

Isn't a circle-argument a wonderful thing; ........ for ALL believers of ALL mythological speculations.

And isn't it wonderful also, that circle-arguments can be used again and again and again, effectively filtering criticism, as: "It's true, because it's true".

I'm presently converted to pastafarianism (on probation), and on a: "It's true, because it's true"-basis I will consequently CLAIM again and again and again, that the flying spaghetti monster is THE truth etc.

And ooooh....... how I can repeat it and preach about it.

Isn't the truth we're after?

Why can't you accept the truth?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29
reply to post by edmc^2

Wow..you really just don't understand this do you.

Your are so blinded by your own fanaticism.

To the contrary I do understand it very well, I'm very confident that the Bible is Infallible and it's not based on fanaticism but accurate knowledge. Unless you prove otherwise.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
If you want to have a certain religion, that is fine. However, you should not get on the forums and say that you have an infallible argument, and that the bible is the true word of God, because you have no proof. You use circular logic, which is a fallacy...which means you are wrong, you do not have proof. At the end of the day, all you have is your beliefs. You cannot prove to anyone that God exists or doesn't exist, so why are you trying by saying you have proof?

Then by all means prove me wrong.

Prove that the Bible IS NOT the word of God.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2

reply to post by edmc^2

NO ONE is perfect and everyone on earth is infallibel and prone to make mistakes thus the Word of God is the ONLY authority when it comes to salvation, faith and truth. That I totally aggree. And since there's no other book that is proven to be the Word of God - thus I use the Bible as the final authority.

Quote: ["NO ONE is perfect and everyone on earth is infallibel and prone to make mistakes thus the Word of God is the ONLY authority when it comes to salvation, faith and truth."]

The first part of the sentence doesn't make sense; the second half is a postulate.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

You wrote:

["Isn't the truth we're after? Why can't you accept the truth?"]

Because circle-argumentation doesn't lead to truth (if you with the "truth" I can't accept mean YOUR circle-argumented truth").

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osirison
reply to post by edmc^2

I have 3 simple questions.

1) If religion is such a positive force, and the Bible (Gods word) is the guiding force behind the Vatican, how come more people have died fighting over Religion than for any other reason? Don't you think it's strange that these people who follow the word of God, are the most successful mass murderers in the history of mankind?

--> If you're lumping ALL religion as the same them you're correct - but that's not the case. Just to give you one glaring example - the religion that Jesus started when he was on earth - was it a positive force or not?

2) What do you know about the Black Pope, Adolfo Nicholas? Do you know about the "Black" side of the Vatican? It's not a secret, nor a conspiracy theory.

--> Sorry, I don't really care about the Vatican or popes n such. They led many astray.

3) How come so many Catholic Priests sexually abuse young children? There is no other occupation on Earth that has been accused as many times as the Church in regards to sexual molestation.

--> Man is flawed in so many ways so following him will only lead to disappointment and even death. That's why Jesus said to follow him instead. As for those who commit such terrible acts, their time will come, both in the hands of man (civil authorities) and God himself.

If God's word was so pure and powerful, it's pretty odd that the people who represent him on Earth, The Church, have been accused of so many evil acts.

--> Here's what the word of God said: (KJV)

Mat 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

Mat 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

Mat 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, [that] observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Mat 23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay [them] on men's shoulders; but they [themselves] will not move them with one of their fingers.

Mat 23:5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

Mat 23:6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

Mat 23:7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

Mat 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, [even] Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Mat 23:9 And call no [man] your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Mat 23:10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, [even] Christ.

Mat 23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

Mat 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in [yourselves], neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

you can read the rest yourself how Jesus condemned people who pretend to represent God.====

I highly doubt I will get clear, concise responses to the questions I have posed.

Deeply religious people are extremely skilled in the art of deception and distraction.

--> Thus Jesus advice is:

Mat 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

Mat 7:16 You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

Mat 7:17 So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit.

Mat 7:18 A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit.

Mat 7:19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

Mat 7:20 Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.

=== ASV

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join