It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God's Word The Bible IS Infallible!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by sm30482

God is me. God is you. God is flowers. God is love. God is hate.

This is really what God is: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thus, the Bible gives an accurate representation of him. Yes God's beingness is contradictory throughout the Bible, but that doesn't disprove God. It proves him.

Jesus is love. Love is one of two paths to God. You'll never guess what the other path is.

Satan(destruction)

Wow... you convinced me. Very logical post.
I am being sarcastic.
You didnt answer me. Do you think good is all love for these 40000 men that died believing in his words?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenDiscussions

I do not wish to argue with you, rather I would like to try and understand your point of view on this.

So if you would please answer the following questions, it would perhaps provide some valuable insight.

1) Which translation of The Bible do you believe is the absolute correct one?
King James, New International, Vulgate, or perhaps one of the other ones?

--> I wish I have the original - but of course that will not happen for they've been long gone but we have old copies of them to compare what we have now. So to me I use all of them.

2) Why do you believe this translation is the only correct one?

--> No such thing as a perfect translation since words changes according to the spoken language so a comparative reading is needed to arrive at the correct meaning of what is meant by a word. Some say it's the KJV others say not - but to me - I use all of them.

3) What about the Apocrypha?

--> Since the Apocrypha was not accepted by the apostles and the 1st cent Christians - and never quoted from it, thus it's not accepted as part of the Bible cannon. Besides if you study the apocrypha carefully, you will notice right away its inferiority with the Bible - it's full of philosophy. So I don't use it.

3) What about the Torah?

--> Of course the Torah was part of the Bible so I accept it.

4) What about the Gospel of Judas?

--> same as apocrypha.

5) What about the Dead Sea Scrolls? Have you read these in their original form and what relevance do they hold to your beliefs?

--> I'm so glad that these old manuscripts were found as they can be used as a tool to confirm the authenticity of the current Bibles. Some use it to discredited the Bible but as it turned out it enhanced the accuracy of the Bible.

6) Do you believe in life on other planets or is just Earth the only planet with life?

--> As far as we know, the only solid evidence of intelligent life is here on earth, but if you believe in spirit beings - that is angels - then yes there are other living creatures that inhabit the universe. As far as carbon lifeforms - earth is it, but maybe someday - in the far future we might discover that there might be other carbon lifeforms in other galaxies - so I'm not close minded on this idea nor dogmatic about it.

7) What is the origin of the existance of God as you understand it. Basically where did God come from?

--> thought I answered this already - anyway a short answer is He Always Existed!

The other alternatives are - someone created him n so forth, or 'we only made him up' - there's no God.

To the evidence is overwhelming that he EXIST!

here's a thread why I believe so: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Yes I do know what they have said.....and...I have said what I wanted to say....peace out.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sm30482

reply to post by sm30482

Thus, the Bible gives an accurate representation of him. Yes God's beingness is contradictory throughout the Bible, but that doesn't disprove God. It proves him.

Jesus is love. Love is one of two paths to God. You'll never guess what the other path is.

Satan(destruction)

I am being sarcastic.
You didnt answer me. Do you think good is all love for these 40000 men that died believing in his words?

No I don't. And yes I did answer you. Read the link.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by edmc^2

Quote: ["Do you you believe infinity exist? Why?"]

I can believe in an absense of time, which is the rational position. 'Infinity' is a meaningless concept there. Your proposition is topsy-turvy, starting from the answer, as is common in the theist way, when trying to 'prove' something. Standard logic would be welcomed.

How is infinity a meaningless concept?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

reply to post by sm30482

Satan(destruction)

I am being sarcastic.

Fair question - I would add what about the untold millions of people throughout the ages who died believing in his words? What hope do they have?

I can only offer these words - not mine but God himself and his loving son Jesus:

“21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. 2 I saw also the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”” (Revelation 21:1-4)

Jesus said:

“16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent forth his Son into the world, not for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him. 18 He that exercises faith in him is not to be judged. He that does not exercise faith has been judged already, because he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God. 19. . .” (John 3:16-19)

But if you want my advice - look into the word of God.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

I can believe in an absense of time, which is the rational position. 'Infinity' is a meaningless concept there. Your proposition is topsy-turvy, starting from the answer, as is common in the theist way, when trying to 'prove' something. Standard logic would be welcomed.

Huh? who said it's a meaningless concept - please read my post again.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2

reply to post by edmc^2

Huh? who said it's a meaningless concept - please read my post again.

Bogomil did in the above quoted text.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

If there is no matter, quantification is meaningless. If there is no energy dynamics is meaningless. If the is no space, position is meaningless. If there is no time infinity is meaningless.

All of them being empty concepts, without reference-points. This is very simple science/logic conclusions, which you ofcourse aren't obliged to relate to as measure-tapes for ultimate reality.

You can instead rely on an undiluted faith-position (in sharp competition with other faiths, using a basis identical with yours) OR you can demonstrate some new and unknown method for arriving to 'truth'. All those choices are yours.
edit on 19-7-2011 by bogomil because: syntax and typos

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Do you know how horrible is to die in a war field?
Can you imagine the terror of being slaughtered alive? being very injured, bleeding, seeing death all around you? Probably being ridiculed by the people that killed you?
Multiply that for 40000.
Don't you think god should know how horrible is it? Do you REALLY believe god do that? Is the bible really showing the nature of God?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

If there is no matter, quantification is meaningless. If there is no energy dynamics is meaningless. If the is no space, position is meaningless. If there is no time infinity is meaningless.

Yeah, but there is time. And time is infinite. There is space, and it is infinite. The purpose of creation is to discern its meaning. Thus, we grown in infinite ways with infinite expressions of the absolute. Outside of time and space, there is no energy or matter. But this does not mean there is no infinity. It would mean that there is nothing. And nothing and infinity are one. And that is God. And it is not meaningless, it is the basis of everything you have ever known.

All of them being empty concepts, without reference-points. This is very simple science/logic conclusions, which you ofcourse aren't obliged to relate to as measure-tapes for ultimate reality.

Infinity and nothing is the reference point.

You can instead rely on an undiluted faith-position (in sharp competition with other faiths, using a basis identical with yours) OR you can demonstrate some new and unknown method for arriving to 'truth'. All those choices are yours.
edit on 19-7-2011 by bogomil because: syntax and typos

To arrive at the truth that infinity and nothing are one and are not meaningless, all you have to do is look around. Take any dualistic concept. Male and female for example... The first cause of being born(big bang) is the intercourse of a male and a female just as. The male impregnates(gives) the female(receives). These are the ultimate cause of birth. Just like the universe has ultimate positives(infinity) and ultimate negatives(nothingness). Infinity gives. Nothingness receives. Also, something(baby) essentially comes from nothing(female). Really the baby(something) comes from the interaction of the male(infinity) and the female(nothingness). But as far as something(baby) is concerned, it comes only from nothingness(female). Until that baby grows, and then it begins a journey to infinity.

Male:Infinity :: Female:Nothingness

Do you see? The evidence that infinity and nothing are one is everywhere This is one of an infinite number of examples. The evidence is provided by any dualistic concept. One pole is a finite representation of infinity. The other pole is a finite representation of nothingness. The evidence and the facts are irrefutable.
edit on 19-7-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

You wrote:

["Yeah, but there is time. And time is infinite. There is space, and it is infinite."]

Only as speculated concepts. And according to the entropy model, it will 'end' at some point.

Quote: ["The purpose of creation is to discern its meaning."]

This is an assumption, as right or wrong as other assumptions.

Quote: ["Thus, we grown in infinite ways with infinite expressions of the absolute."]

"Thus"-sify to your heart's delight, but you do it from an assumption, and you'll not get beyond assumptions this way.

Quote: ["Outside of time and space, there is no energy or matter."]

With the reservation of 'outside' being only a working-term..yes.

Quote: ["But this does not mean there is no infinity."]

It means, that the word 'infinity' has no meaning.

Quote: ["It would mean that there is nothing. And nothing and infinity are one. And that is God."]

This is completely scholatics, and has nothing to do with standard logic in any of its forms. That's why I recommended, that you create your own truth-seeking method.

Quote: ["And it is not meaningless, it is the basis of everything you have ever known."]

I think, that you confuse what YOU believe in, and what I (Bogo) ever have known.

Quote: [" Infinity and nothing is the reference point."]

Only if you make them so axiomatically.

Quote: ["To arrive at the truth that infinity and nothing are one and are not meaningless, all you have to do is look around. Take any dualistic concept. Male and female for example... The first cause of being born(big bang) is the intercourse of a male and a female just as. The male impregnates(gives) the female(receives). These are the ultimate cause of birth. Just like the universe has ultimate positives(infinity) and ultimate negatives(nothingness). Infinity gives. Nothingness receives. Also, something(baby) essentially comes from nothing(female). Really the baby(something) comes from the interaction of the male(infinity) and the female(nothingness). But as far as something(baby) is concerned, it comes only from nothingness(female). Until that baby grows, and then it begins a journey to infinity."]

A regressed dualism reasoning-chain doesn't carry that far. Both causality and scientifis observation breaks down at event horizon, and filling what's 'beyond' is mere speculation, where some guesses are more in accordance with present knowledge than others. That's all.

Quote: ["Male:Infinity :: Female:Nothingness"]

Sounds pretty, but means nothing, except that dualism is observable in cosmos.

Quote: ["One pole is a finite representation of infinity."]

This polarity observation is the first rational observation, you make in this post, and actually very valuable. The elaborate semantic word-chains building up a theist narrative are worthless.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Its actually pretty practical. Not worthless. I think its pretty irrefutable that there are two absolutes and they are one.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

Do you know how horrible is to die in a war field?
Can you imagine the terror of being slaughtered alive? being very injured, bleeding, seeing death all around you? Probably being ridiculed by the people that killed you?
Multiply that for 40000.
Don't you think god should know how horrible is it? Do you REALLY believe god do that? Is the bible really showing the nature of God?

No God (YHWH) is not responsible for all the crimes and cruelty done in his name just as a knife maker is not responsible of all the crimes and violence committed using his creation.

But let's put this into perspective and put yourself in God's position

Think of this if you're able to do it:

You have a son that you loved so much and your son loved you also in return, but the time came for which you need to fulfill your promised to mankind. That of giving up your son so that those with humble hearts will be saved amongst a wicked, violent and thankless mankind. Will you do it?

Now think about this, you also know that when you give up your son in exchange for the lives of those who loves you, your son will suffer the most horrible death. He will be slapped, spit at, laugh at, beaten to a pulp then finally nailed down and hang to die. In addition to that, your son was also going to be accused of being a criminal. You know that your son, the only-begotten son is innocent from all accusation. You have the power to put a stop to all of these injustice - will you do it.

How would you feel - if you see your beloved son slapped in the face and spit at - will you help him?

How would you react?

But do you know how God reacted (YHWH/Jehovah):

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son. . .” (John 3:16)

Why? besides his love for obedient mankind?

“. . .in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent forth his Son into the world, not for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him.” (John 3:16-17)

So there's a valid reason why God allowed his Son to die for mankind and there's also a valid reason why God is TEMPORARILY allowing "things" to go as they are. He is fully aware of whats happening on earth and sometime in the near future - he will finally put an end to all wickedness.

The answer is right there in the Infallible written word of God - The Bible.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

wow man... you surprise me, the way you ignore what i write is awesome.
i am not talking about random bad things happening to people. I talk here about GOD sending his people to die, after he promised them to win the battle.
Take out the tape in your head before post. Stop reading watchtower.com to answer, please answer what you really think... if you are capable of reasonable thinking.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

Its actually pretty practical. Not worthless. I think its pretty irrefutable that there are two absolutes and they are one.

I'm not sarcastic now, but I can't firgure out what "it" is, and what the two absolutes are.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sm30482

I'm just merely quoting the scriptures and explaining them but if I misunderstood your q - please elaborate further.

ty

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

I'm not sarcastic now, but I can't firgure out what "it" is, and what the two absolutes are.

ab·so·lute    /ˈæbsəˌlut, ˌæbsəˈlut/ Show Spelled[ab-suh-loot, ab-suh-loot] Show IPA adjective 1. free from imperfection; complete; perfect: absolute liberty. 2. not mixed or adulterated; pure: absolute alcohol. 3. complete; outright: an absolute lie; an absolute denial. 4. free from restriction or limitation; not limited in any way: absolute command; absolute freedom.

ul·ti·mate    /ˈʌltəmɪt/ Show Spelled[uhl-tuh-mit] Show IPA adjective 1. last; furthest or farthest; ending a process or series: the ultimate point in a journey; the ultimate style in hats. 2. maximum; decisive; conclusive: the ultimate authority; the ultimate weapon. 3. highest; not subsidiary: ultimate goal in life. 4. basic; fundamental; representing a limit beyond which further progress, as in investigation or analysis, is impossible: the ultimate particle; ultimate principles. 5. final; total: the ultimate consequences; the ultimate cost of a project.

The ultimate absolutes are infinity and nothing. It's pretty clear. If it isn't, then you're just being intellectually stubborn.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sm30482

Which event are you referring to - please clarify if you can?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

You said.
"The CAUSE - or the first cause. The uncreated ONE."

Sounded like Ancient Egyptian to me...... Nun, and I reference,
Ancient Egypt by Gerald Masseywhich page can be found here: page 343 (no verse,, you will just have to read down the page,,, about half way....)

I know just one source, but hey,, if that is the Logic...?

Beginning in the Heavens was the Uncreated NUN. When this was divided into the upper and lower firmament so called 'creation' had commenced.

The point being, this came out of Egypt your Bible says it.
Me thinks,,,, if it looks Egyptian,,,, might be Egyptian in origin. Thus Pagan. Admit your Biblical Roots, if you so claim them. Moses was a 'son' of the Pharoah,, this story has more too it than What you remember from seeing Charlton Heston in the Ten Commandments. Don't be afraid of picking up some ''philosophy and human ideas'' Their not all 'from the Devil', you might learn to admire the similarity to other religions.
You can call it the word of God, but to many it is just a book, like others, the authors of your Holy writ would be appalled at the lack of Education regarding the true nature of 'scriptures'. Look up that word. Open up my friend, your worldview is not theologically sound or in touch with the Human mind and history. Even Jesus must have read some other texts you ignore, Gnostic knowledge was the contender of the faith for a reason you would do well to understand.
You make the Deity to be no more than a Cartoon character with white beard, robe
and lightening bolts (that'd reference Zeus by the way)
Good to have a sense of humor about it all, as conjecture is all any of us really have, until the day we die.

I am ok with were I am,,, and lay off wanting to drag others off into a world that has given us our present state of affairs. Your vision of God, is very limiting to spiritual thinkers and to him/her/it,,,, I would think anyone who has such a run a way best seller Of all times,,, couldn't resist writing other Holy Scriptures,,,,, just to spice it all up and see if humans are so dumb that they can not get along as All of the scriptures say we need to do. If you don't think God can reach elsewhere,,, you limit the Deity,,, how arrogant.

From the Tree of Life in some thought,,, Ain, Ain Soph, Ain Soph Aur represent parts of Deity we don't understand well, above Kether.
Nothing
Limitlessness
Limitless Light.

Look around even your own Christian History,, it has alot to offer,, get to know it,,, maybe you will branch out and see some of the rest of the world as it is before you condemn it to Eternal Fires.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join