It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God's Word The Bible IS Infallible!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I really tried very hard,,, but must be some kind of Mind Control,,, this thread is like a Train Wreck,,,
I had to slow down,, and finally. Something forced me to Read it.

Maybe, I thought there would be some intelligence offered, and I always give ''the other side'' , a chance to
present evidence,, and 'such'. Or Not.

Please, if you are going to make the effort to create a thread, make it worth our while,, and not just
Say,,,,, "God said so."

Not good enough.

Go back and read what some of the brightest minds have to say,,,, you could have even repeated them,,, I would have been interested in that,,, References I think they are called.

Or,, you could tell me You are Joking. Right? Your joking? Ok...
that would be ok too.

Anyway,
Sorry,,, you got me,, I admit to slowing down to look at the Train Wreck of an argument you have made here.
This is ATS,,, not Bible school with Ritalin filled kids,, all dopey eyed and ready to be programed,,,, you will have to do better than this,,,, unless all you wanted was the Attention this has provided.?

Mind control I say,,,,,, made me look.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I have no need of that hypothesis.
Pierre Simon LaPlace (1748-1827)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
No badness in Yaheh, God of War, God of the Israelites, who orders death to all non-Jews and commands Jews to rape children etc.

Cool story, bro.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by heislegend

>2011
>Not realizing when you're being trolled
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.
edit on 18-7-2011 by heislegend because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2011 by heislegend because: (no reason given)

He's not trolling. He really believes that dinosaur fossils were planted by God to test our faith.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2
reply to post by Griffo

Just as the infallible Word of God said:

"knowing this first, that in the last days mockers shall come with mockery, walking after their own lusts," (2 Pet 3:3)

You sir just fulfilled this prophecy.

Do "you people" fully understand the"napkin analogy" in the picture above"???? Your whole premise:i.e. "The bible is true because it say so right here in the bible"!
Is circular logic and only proof of your personal faith.Congratulations.

Enjoy your faith; I'm sure it brings you comfort.

I can't get past the circular logic involved and the more animated the argument( more scriptures quoted) the more desperate(ridiculous) it looks from where we "unbelievers" sit....

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
So if you believe that God's word is infallible and, by default, so is the Bible, then you must also believe that women should be isolated from everyone when she is menstruating?

You also believe that non-virginal brides should be killed?

Or that raped woman should be killed if they don't protest loudly enough about it?

Or that a child who talks back should be killed by their parents?

I could go on with the ridiculous things that are said in the bible that no civilized person nor the most faithful Christian would support today. Only one of two conclusions can be gained from this:

Either you start killing woman who aren't virgins after they get married or...God's word is fallible.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
So if you believe that God's word is infallible and, by default, so is the Bible, then you must also believe that women should be isolated from everyone when she is menstruating?

I believe that women should be isolated when menstruating.

You also believe that non-virginal brides should be killed?

Or that raped woman should be killed if they don't protest loudly enough about it?

Or that a child who talks back should be killed by their parents?

I could go on with the ridiculous things that are said in the bible that no civilized person nor the most faithful Christian would support today. Only one of two conclusions can be gained from this:

Either you start killing woman who aren't virgins after they get married or...God's word is fallible.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osirison
reply to post by edmc^2

I have 3 simple questions.

1) If religion is such a positive force, and the Bible (Gods word) is the guiding force behind the Vatican, how come more people have died fighting over Religion than for any other reason? Don't you think it's strange that these people who follow the word of God, are the most successful mass murderers in the history of mankind?

2) What do you know about the Black Pope, Adolfo Nicholas? Do you know about the "Black" side of the Vatican? It's not a secret, nor a conspiracy theory.

3) How come so many Catholic Priests sexually abuse young children? There is no other occupation on Earth that has been accused as many times as the Church in regards to sexual molestation.

If God's word was so pure and powerful, it's pretty odd that the people who represent him on Earth, The Church, have been accused of so many evil acts.

I highly doubt I will get clear, concise responses to the questions I have posed.

Deeply religious people are extremely skilled in the art of deception and distraction.

Lets not forget: The" Spanish Inquisition" which specially invented ghastly tortures. Existing torture techniques were not brutal enough. Where was your loving God then as entrails were ripped from live eviscerated people by "inquisitioners" in His name?

A loving father who won't deliver his children from the bloody hands of butchers?

edit on 18-7-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The napkin, though a great retort is flawed because it was succeeded by the King James napkin which included the "Starbucks" logo and was therefore complete! I'd bet the OP comes from one of two background scenarios. 1, The OP had his / her beliefs handed down to them by virtue of being born into a Christian family, a wee gust of wind as his / her tiny soul drifted down to earth and the OP may have found themselves cobbling together explosive devices to be set off in defense of Allah! 2, the OP's life was totally out of control due to alcohol or substance abuse or a myriad of other complications that required "God" to be placed in the drivers seat. The basic message of any religion it seems to me is one of "follow these rules and life will balance out" and that's it! There is no magic here and the who beget who's are just so much fluff. At the end of the day, if you follow a religion and it works for you then Mission accomplished. What I fail to see is how one must have to impose one's belief on the rest of the known universe? It comes across to me as insecurity?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Kudos to you brother/sister for the courage it took to post this amongst all of the scoffers and self righteous. Do not pay heed to a single word said against you or Yhwh.

blessed are those who have not seen, and yet have believed.” ~ Jesus

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. ~ Jesus

Both of those verses apply to you my friend.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

You should first find out who 'god' or 'God' is. Like the Name of our Creator YHWH or Yahuwah, not Yehowah or Jehovah. Since Hebrew doesnt have a 'J' sound and the Massorites didnt try to preserve the True Name of our Heavenly Father, but tried to cover it up by calling Him Yehowah instead of Yahuwah.

Watch some Called2bholy videos on youtube.

The word "god" is nothing more than a mis translation from the word Alahym, not Elohim. El, represents a bull like in El toro, El Diablo etc. 'God' is the same pronounciation as "Gad" in Hebrew. Gad was one of the children of Jacob or Ya'aqob, but there was also another Gad at the same time. The Astrologers of Babel called Jupiter(Zeus) by the name "Gad". Also was known among the Canaanites where the name was coupled with 'Baal Gad'. And in Isaiah 65:11 makes reference to the deity of fortune for Gad. Further searching into the Indo Germanic roots, one can find that it traces back to the word GHODH, which means 'union' even 'sexual union'.

The term 'God' is very derogatory towards our Creator, and blasphemous. Maybe you should stop speaking what He told us in Isaiah not to do, like the earlier people of the day did, and were punished for it. They were calling on 'God' and Destiny and Fortune, and were blaspheming the Name of our Creator. Do you not know, that history repeats itself?

Isaiah 65:11,12 NIV

11 “But as for you who forsake the LORD(YHWH appears, or Yahuwah יהוה)
and forget my holy mountain,
who spread a table for Fortune
and fill bowls of mixed wine for Destiny,
12 I will destine you for the sword,
and all of you will fall in the slaughter;
for I called but you did not answer,
I spoke but you did not listen.
You did evil in my sight
and chose what displeases me.”

Isaiah 65:11,12 The Scriptures 2009 ISR

Isa 65:11 “But you are those who forsake יהוה, who forget My set-apart mountain, who prepare a table for Gad, and who fill a drink offering for Meni.
Isa 65:12 “And I shall allot you to the sword, and let you all bow down to the slaughter, because I called and you did not answer, I spoke and you did not hear, and you did evil before My eyes and chose that in which I did not delight.”

Psalms 82:6 KJV

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Exodus 7:1 KJV

1 And the LORD (YHWH appears, or Yahuwah יהוה) said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Umm we are 'gods'? Maybe you people should rethink who you are calling 'God' and find out why the Bible is so utterly mis translated.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RightInTwo
Kudos to you brother/sister for the courage it took to post this amongst all of the scoffers and self righteous. Do not pay heed to a single word said against you or Yhwh.

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. ~ Jesus

Please define "persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you" as applied to this thread and please...From you're own interpretation, big book aside.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the exact location is or even which book it is but it does say in the bible.....

In revelations it says that when god return he will announce that he has never known us, any of us, by this he will be referring to the twelve tribes from which he will take twelve thousand each. Jahovas believe that this means only 144000 will be saved a place in heaven. So even god says, from his own mouth, that our current beliefs in him are at least slightly off from the way he would have wanted it.

Next, I believe is in ezekial......

In ezekial when he is talking about the end times he says that man will alter the stories in the bible to his own will. This provides very good evidence that what is said in revelations is at least partially correct even from one who should be following the bible to a T.

Anyone who is claiming to be a Christian (possibly even other religions, however o have not read much of the other books) should have what I call a healthy paranoia about the "truth" contained within.

Also, if you want to really think about it, what is described in the bible as the savior Jesus is also quite close to the descriptions of what the antichrist is/was/will be.

Here's another Tidbit that will boggle the thinkers mind, the current bibles of the world were put together by theologians. Think back to the time, each of these religions/tribes would have had there religious scholars put together their book based on what they THOUGHT was the word of god. Man is a fallible being, therefore, the bible is inherently fallible, only the actual word of god is infallible. Bibles are simply science books of techless civilizations as well as a guide to moral behavior.

Now, if you are religious and you read this I do not want it to change your overall view, I simply wish to provide evidence that even god himself would respect a healthy paranoia of what is gods word and what is man's manipulation.

I really hope that this hasn't been discussed previously.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RightInTwo

Nobody is "persecuting" or throwing insults but surely you must acknowledge the "circular argument" question?
Never mind then: deleted as needlessly argumentative....

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

you are suffering a form of mental illness, there is no god there is no infallible word it is just your mind playing tricks on you and you are part of a large group of people suffering from mental illness

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
God does have the ability to insure His book is preserved exactly the way he wanted it to be, it's that simple.
Disagree and protest as much as you want, you either believe he has that ability or not, if you think he doesn't, then you are at the very least agnostic to the God of the bible. As how can you have faith in a God you don't even think can properly protect his instructions to us as to what he expects of us, and what we need to do to survive against his enemies.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Are you counting the hours man? you must be a pioneer now with this post...
You are not using your mind to post here, you're just copying everything you read in the watchtower publications.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

I do not wish to argue with you, rather I would like to try and understand your point of view on this.

So if you would please answer the following questions, it would perhaps provide some valuable insight.

1) Which translation of The Bible do you believe is the absolute correct one?
King James, New International, Vulgate, or perhaps one of the other ones?

2) Why do you believe this translation is the only correct one?

3) What about the Apocrypha?

3) What about the Torah?

4) What about the Gospel of Judas?

5) What about the Dead Sea Scrolls? Have you read these in their original form and what relevance do they hold to your beliefs?

6) Do you believe in life on other planets or is just Earth the only planet with life?

7) What is the origin of the existance of God as you understand it. Basically where did God come from?

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Well when they stop editing and creating new editions, (must be around 14,000 translations by now)....please tell us which one he wants us to read.

I can go to any church bookstore and find at least 10 at any time alone.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
If you want to have a certain religion, that is fine. However, you should not get on the forums and say that you have an infallible argument, and that the bible is the true word of God, because you have no proof. You use circular logic, which is a fallacy...which means you are wrong, you do not have proof. At the end of the day, all you have is your beliefs. You cannot prove to anyone that God exists or doesn't exist, so why are you trying by saying you have proof?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join