It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God's Word The Bible IS Infallible!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Simple reason is that - It's author God (YHWH - Jehovah/Yehowah/Yahweh) IS the Living God!

He is the Almighty God having the Will, the Wisdom and The Power to fulfill his own Word and his promises. Thus whatever he says will be done.

Christ Jesus said of God's word:

"Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth." (John 17:17 NIV)

God's word said:

"All Scripture is inspired by God" (2 Tim 3:16 NASB)

Of God - his own word said:

"But Jehovah is the true God; he is the living God," (Jer 10:10 ASV)

Of God's promises - Joshua said:

"And, behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth: and ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, that not one thing hath failed of all the good things which Jehovah your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, not one thing hath failed thereof." (Jos 23:14 ASV)

Finally, God's own promise:

"So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper [in the thing] for which I sent it." (Isa 55:11 NKJV)

Therefore by the clear statements above the Word Of God found in the Bible is Infallible.

+49 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

edit on Mon Jul 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This must require a belief in the bible in the first place....

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Hope you are wearing an asbestos suit!!

2ND

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Just as the infallible Word of God said:

"knowing this first, that in the last days mockers shall come with mockery, walking after their own lusts," (2 Pet 3:3)

You sir just fulfilled this prophecy.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

I think he said of his mouth...

As well the Bible is not the complete works, there are many different versions.

God is not in a Book although that is the story of God.
God is in your heart and whenever two or more of you gather, and request him God is there.

It is said the Bible is a LIVING BOOK.
That is to mean what you need you will find in it, and that may be different to each person.
It is alive and moves with you.
I don't know about that.
It certainly says some terrible things that if I didn't honestly didn't believe they are lies or misquotations I would dump the entire religion because of those horrible messages found in the Bible.

It has some wickedness inside some of the chapters and verses.
Maybe this was not always so.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Please refer to the following list of religious texts - Wikipedia.

Just one question: Why is the Bible the only one that is right?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So quoting a bunch of stuff people said proves something?

Ok then.

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies."
--Thomas Jefferson

"Men create gods after their own image, not only with regard to their form, but with regard to their mode of life."
--Aristotle, some time before Christianity.

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."
--My friend and yours, Albert Einstein.

"It is said that men may not be the dreams of the Gods, but rather that the Gods are the dreams of men."

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
--Mr Sagan Himself

And finally:

"No man who ever lived knows any more about the hereafter ... than you and I; and all religion ... is simply evolved out of chicanery, fear, greed, imagination and poetry."
--Edgar Allen Poe.

Irrefutable proof that not everyone is so easily brainwashed. Amirite?
edit on 18-7-2011 by Backslider because: Formatting.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Love this!!
Edmc^ 2 scriptures in "your" bible is as much proof to an infallible God as that napkin is to me. It's meaningless if you don't believe it or follow that religion.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by edmc^2

I think he said of his mouth...

As well the Bible is not the complete works, there are many different versions.

God is not in a Book although that is the story of God.
God is in your heart and whenever two or more of you gather, and request him God is there.

It is said the Bible is a LIVING BOOK.
That is to mean what you need you will find in it, and that may be different to each person.
It is alive and moves with you.
I don't know about that.
It certainly says some terrible things that if I didn't honestly didn't believe they are lies or misquotations I would dump the entire religion because of those horrible messages found in the Bible.

It has some wickedness inside some of the chapters and verses.

Maybe this was not always so.

Remember the word of God said that God is Love and there's no badness in him - so it's impossible for him to do bad things. But since our understanding is limited we sometimes misunderstand his righteous acts and sometimes accused him of something he never did.

For example, what do you understand about the scriptures quoted below?

" Pro 2:1 My son, if thou wilt receive my words, And lay up my commandments with thee;

Pro 2:2 So as to incline thine ear unto wisdom, And apply thy heart to understanding;

Pro 2:3 Yea, if thou cry after discernment, And lift up thy voice for understanding;

Pro 2:4 If thou seek her as silver, And search for her as for hid treasures:

Pro 2:5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of Jehovah, And find the knowledge of God.

Pro 2:6 For Jehovah giveth wisdom; Out of his mouth [cometh] knowledge and understanding:

Pro 2:7 He layeth up sound wisdom for the upright; [He is] a shield to them that walk in integrity;

Pro 2:8 That he may guard the paths of justice, And preserve the way of his saints.

Pro 2:9 Then shalt thou understand righteousness and justice, And equity, [yea], every good path.

Pro 2:10 For wisdom shall enter into thy heart, And knowledge shall be pleasant unto thy soul;

Pro 2:11 Discretion shall watch over thee; Understanding shall keep thee:

Pro 2:12 To deliver thee from the way of evil, From the men that speak perverse things;

Pro 2:13 Who forsake the paths of uprightness, To walk in the ways of darkness;

Pro 2:14 Who rejoice to do evil, And delight in the perverseness of evil;

Pro 2:15 Who are crooked in their ways, And wayward in their paths:

Pro 2:16 To deliver thee from the strange woman, Even from the foreigner that flattereth with her words;

Pro 2:17 That forsaketh the friend of her youth, And forgetteth the covenant of her God:

Pro 2:18 For her house inclineth unto death, And her paths unto the dead;

Pro 2:19 None that go unto her return again, Neither do they attain unto the paths of life:

Pro 2:20 That thou mayest walk in the way of good men, And keep the paths of the righteous.

Pro 2:21 For the upright shall dwell in the land, And the perfect shall remain in it.

Pro 2:22 But the wicked shall be cut off from the land, And the treacherous shall be rooted out of it."

--www.blueletterbible.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2

God's word said:

"All Scripture is inspired by God" (2 Tim 3:16 NASB)

All scripture? Even the Muslim ones? Even the Hindu ones? Where does Jesus actually say which ones he's referring to?

Originally posted by edmc^2

"So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper [in the thing] for which I sent it." (Isa 55:11 NKJV)

That still means nothing about what you call "The Bible". Let me ask you some questions:

- Why do you believe the bible?

- If you answered "faith", then faith in what? Faith that the Catholics picked all the right books for you to read?

- If so, then why do you deny Catholic authority yet, at the same time, concede to it?

- How do you know which books you are supposed to be reading?

- No quotes from God or Jesus tell you that you will be reading the right scriptures. If fact, the bible as you know it could be the great deceiver they warn about!

- Ultimately, why put your soul up on the blackjack table based on evil totalitarian regimes put in place by the suffering of centuries of peasants and "pagans"? Why trust their word? The bible doesn't even say to do that.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
Please refer to the following list of religious texts - Wikipedia.

Just one question: Why is the Bible the only one that is right?

Because it stood the test of time and it's been proven time and time again to be correct! No other book can even get close to it's accuracy especially when it comes to prophecy.

That's just one of the many proof "Why is the Bible the only one that is right".

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

INTERNET... define author...

Author... noun... A writer of a book, article, or report...

Did this god character physically write the book you speak of? If not then he is not in fact the author.

You can say it was "inspired by him" but that does not make him the author.

Also, there are many, many different versions and additions of that book... most of which you most likely have never read, let alone heard of...

This god character might be infallible, but the book you speak of has been edited many, many times and therefore surely is fallible.

On a second note, please don't use circular logic here... YOU WILL BE FLAMED... you have been warned

Here is a picture spelling out your circular logic:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Problem is that you are not reading the Bible, you are reading YOUR INTERPRETATION of the Bible and you are a fallible human reading it through fallible human perceptions. There is a big difference. And as someone said earlier, there are many sacred texts that are important. Yes, the Bible is one of them, but it is not the only one.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

It's not mockery, it's basically saying the exact same thing you are, only it replaces napkin with bible.

Circular logic is circular

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Backslider
So quoting a bunch of stuff people said proves something?

Ok then.

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies."
--Thomas Jefferson

"Men create gods after their own image, not only with regard to their form, but with regard to their mode of life."
--Aristotle, some time before Christianity.

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."
--My friend and yours, Albert Einstein.

"It is said that men may not be the dreams of the Gods, but rather that the Gods are the dreams of men."

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
--Mr Sagan Himself

And finally:

"No man who ever lived knows any more about the hereafter ... than you and I; and all religion ... is simply evolved out of chicanery, fear, greed, imagination and poetry."
--Edgar Allen Poe.

Irrefutable proof that not everyone is so easily brainwashed. Amirite?
edit on 18-7-2011 by Backslider because: Formatting.

Yet NONE of these men you quoted can EVEN get close to what Jesus said:

“All things, therefore, that YOU want men to do to YOU, YOU also must likewise do to them; this, in fact, is what the Law and the Prophets mean." -- Matt 7:12

If mankind applied this Golden Rule - no matter what religion they belong to, what will be the result?

Can you match the sayings of God's Word?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

EXCELLENT!!! Truly an amazing picture that says it all. The flying spaghetti monster would be proud of you!

But seriously, men wrote the bible. Not 'god'.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
reply to post by edmc^2

It's not mockery, it's basically saying the exact same thing you are, only it replaces napkin with bible.

Circular logic is circular

Yet your "Napkin" has no substance.

And my Bible says

“All things, therefore, that YOU want men to do to YOU, YOU also must likewise do to them; this, in fact, is what the Law and the Prophets mean."

Can your napkin say something like the above?

Or how about the verses I quoted from Proverbs 2.

So if not mockery then what?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cantmakedisup
reply to post by Griffo

But seriously, men wrote the bible. Not 'god'.

True but they were guided by God - thus the author is God - hence God's word.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join