It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God's Word The Bible IS Infallible!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
God's Big Book of Bad Ideas - BM

Are u saying that it's a bad idea to follow the Golden Rule?

“All things, therefore, that YOU want men to do to YOU, YOU also must likewise do to them; this, in fact, is what the Law and the Prophets mean." -- Matt 7:12

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2

Originally posted by Cantmakedisup
reply to post by Griffo

But seriously, men wrote the bible. Not 'god'.

True but they were guided by God - thus the author is God - hence God's word.

Where does the bible even say that all of the books that were chosen to go into that collection you call "The Bible" are God's word?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

reply to post by Griffo

Where does the bible even say that all of the books that were chosen to go into that collection you call "The Bible" are God's word?

Ah and there lies the crux of it all...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elzon
reply to post by edmc^2

INTERNET... define author...

Author... noun... A writer of a book, article, or report...

Did this god character physically write the book you speak of? If not then he is not in fact the author.

You can say it was "inspired by him" but that does not make him the author.

Also, there are many, many different versions and additions of that book... most of which you most likely have never read, let alone heard of...

This god character might be infallible, but the book you speak of has been edited many, many times and therefore surely is fallible.

On a second note, please don't use circular logic here... YOU WILL BE FLAMED... you have been warned

Here is a picture spelling out your circular logic:

On author:

If I dictate to you something that I thought of - who's the author of that book/letter?

Since then PEN man were fallible - they had to be guided by God so that what they produced - wrote - will be infallible.

As for the many versions - I've studied most of them in fact you can use this websites to do comparative study:

www.blueletterbible.org...
www.watchtower.org...
www.biblegateway.com...

and many more...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Griffo

This is simple history:

Moses wrote the first five books - the Pentateuch - the rest of the completed books were collected by one of the most qualified bible writers - Ezra. He cataloged the Hebrew-Aramaic scriptures (Nehemiah and Malachi were added in later).

By the start of the Christian era - they have the completed Hebrew Books (commonly known as OT) . The Christian Greek scriptures (NT) that were written by the apostles were collected by the first century Christians (not the Roman Catholic Church).

Thus by God's guidance the Bible was faithfully preserved down to our time.

Sadly - Christianity was corrupted by Christendom.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by edmc^2

Hope you are wearing an asbestos suit!!

2ND

hey thanks for the warning!

Are familiar with the story of the three Hebrews that were thrown into the fire? Remember what happened to them?

there u go

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Griffo

This is simple history:

Moses wrote the first five books - the Pentateuch - the rest of the completed books were collected by one of the most qualified bible writers - Ezra. He cataloged the Hebrew-Aramaic scriptures (Nehemiah and Malachi were added in later).

By the start of the Christian era - they have the completed Hebrew Books (commonly known as OT) . The Christian Greek scriptures (NT) that were written by the apostles were collected by the first century Christians (not the Roman Catholic Church).

Again, where does it say this in the bible? The books were chosen by men. And, yes, the books you are reading now in the collection were chosen by the Catholic church. The Council of Nicaea voted on it and that is what you read today.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
[Staff Edit - Off Topic quote removed]

just as the infallible Word of God said:

"knowing this first, that in the last days mockers shall come with mockery, walking after their own lusts," (2 Pet 3:3)

thanks for proving me right!
edit on 18/7/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What about the verses in the bible that claim that the Bible is NOT the exact word of God?

1 Corinthians 7:12

"But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away."

This alone invalidates the your idea that every word in the Bible is uttered directly by God.

1 Corinthians 7:25

"Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgement, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful."

You see here how Paul is saying that he is using his best personal judgment, and that what he's saying is not directly from God? He is telling you that he is writing his own opinion. Then, in Paul’s next letter to the Corinthians, he says:

2 Corinthians 11:17

"That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting."

edit on 18/7/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Were these men fallible like the men of today? Did these men not get things right even though they thought they had received the information from their god, just like men do today? Or, were these a different type of men as opposed to the men we have today?

Many, many times I have seen people speak on god's behalf as they had heard a message from him, only to be absolutely wrong. How do you know this didn't happen in those ancient times as well?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Another self fulfilling prophecy lets try transliterate it. "Unless we stop science and education especially the sciences of evolution, social and personal development they will mock the garbage passed down to us by our illiterate goat loving, genocidal, racist, supremacist, misogynistic, infant mutilating, infant sacrificing, human sacrificing, fascist, dictitorial, oppressive narrow backed narrow minded forebears then yea will they scorn and laugh"
In the words of Homer Simpson "DOH"
edit on 18/7/11 by goldentorch because: spelink agin

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Moses wrote the first five books - the Pentateuch - the rest of the completed books were collected by one of the most qualified bible writers - Ezra.
I suppose that would also mean that Moses wrote the book of Deuteronomy since it is the fifth book? And he wrote these verses? Deuteronomy 34: 5-7

5. And Moses the servant of the LORD died there in Moab, as the LORD had said. 6 He buried him[a] in Moab, in the valley opposite Beth Peor, but to this day no one knows where his grave is. 7 Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died, yet his eyes were not weak nor his strength gone.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Griffo

This is simple history:

oh man I don't even know where to start...

I guess first of all if Moses wrote the first five books of the bible why did he tell two different stories within the first couple chapters?

Just a forewarning based on your your links... if you are an openminded person who is truly seeking "the truth" your entire world is about to be rocked... good luck my brother...
edit on 18-7-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: funny fingers

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

“All things, therefore, that YOU want men to do to YOU, YOU also must likewise do to them; this, in fact, is what the Law and the Prophets mean." -- Matt 7:12

If mankind applied this Golden Rule - no matter what religion they belong to, what will be the result?

Ah, now this all makes sense. Obviously, you want people to:

-Question and ridicule your beliefs

-Condemn, persecute, and hate you for your beliefs

-Preach to you and proclaim that their belief system is the one true belief system

-Tell you how to live your life

For this is what you do to others, so shall others do unto you.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

[Staff Edit - Off Topic quote removed]

just as the infallible Word of God said:

"knowing this first, that in the last days mockers shall come with mockery, walking after their own lusts," (2 Pet 3:3)

thanks for proving me right!
edit on 18/7/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

ummm... how does this verse apply to people mocking you for claiming that a book, which didn't exist when this letter was written, is the infallible word of God?

I have a feeling context means little to you though... Are you one who twists and contorts texts to suit your own purpose?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass

If mankind applied this Golden Rule - no matter what religion they belong to, what will be the result?

Ah, now this all makes sense. Obviously, you want people to:

-Question and ridicule your beliefs

-Condemn, persecute, and hate you for your beliefs

-Preach to you and proclaim that their belief system is the one true belief system

-Tell you how to live your life

For this is what you do to others, so shall others do unto you.

i wasn't the one doing the mocking but presenting the facts but right away someone responds with a napkin

in any case there's so much that the bible can offer - but a napkin tissue? is this a serious intellectual conversation?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join