It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Truly Believe there is a terrible coffee conspiracy.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
reply to post by pplrnuts

"What are you saying? Are you saying that coffee no longer works for you or that it is fake,"

That is what I'm saying.

Ok, got it then!

I know folks whom coffee stopped working for whom had collected a lot of toxins in their bodies and liver and upon flushing out these toxins, they were able to feel the effects of coffee again.

They used to get a rush from it, and then years later they would get immediately tired from it. They flushed out the toxins in their body and liver and one of the noticeable occurrences that resulted was coffee working again for them. This among many other positive changes like food allergies going away etc.

Perhaps this is it??

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

now They are taking away our shot-in-the arm motivation-juice.
Haha. That is funny man. Try a different brand. So you're saying coffee isn't as strong as it used to be? I think you've just got a stronger resistance to it (you even said that). Maybe that unlabelled stuff was laced with speed?
Personally I could drink 100 cups of coffee and not feel a thing except a bursting bladder.
edit on 17-7-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I agree with you. I've been experimenting with different pre-ground coffee's such as Folgers, Maxwell House, etc... and several brands of whole beans that I grind myself at home and I don't seem to get the old caffeine kick I used to. I thought I was just getting immune to it after drinking it for so many years yet I do notice the effects of caffeine in regular tea or the ocassonal cola. So maybe something has changed.

How does coffee from a coffee shop affect you?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
OP
sorry but I can't help.
I quit drinking coffee after
realizing it was contributing
to my arthritis pain

www.abovetopsecret.com...

maybe you should quit too

Whoa!! I was just about to start drinking my morning coffee when I read this. I've noticed my knees and ankles have been hurting, more so after running, since I've upped my coffee intake. So now, I'm about to pour it out and grab a glass of flourinated water.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Thats a good idea and good info, but I did not think 'it was me' because I recently drank some gift coffee (no brand label or origin data on it though) which I had got for Christmas, and I instantly felt the caffiene in it. The problem is, I only have one tablespoon of it left, and am in a drug withdrawl Jones'ing pannick for my pick-me-up mojo.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Ask the person that gave it to you where they got it from. Post a picture of the bag/box on here and maybe someone will know something about it.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
OP
sorry but I can't help.
I quit drinking coffee after
realizing it was contributing
to my arthritis pain

www.abovetopsecret.com...

maybe you should quit too

Maybe you just were not getting enough calcium in your diet?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jest3r

When I drink green tea, I immediately feel the caffiene it it, too. But for some reason, green tea makes me HORRIBLY nauseated, I have to do all I can to keep from hurling.

As for shop coffee. This past Christmas, someone also gave me 2 -Star Bucks- bags, of flavored coffee. I made sure to scour the fine print til my eyes crossed,......looking for the word 'decaffienated'. Didn't find it.
So I brewed up and sample both of them and felt.........NOTHING.
Here is where it get interesting. My mother has an ulcer and arthritis, and she does not drink ("regular") coffee. I gave her my 2 bags and told her they didn't do anything for me. She tried them and was happy, because, she said they gave her no caffiene jitters or ulcer and arthritis problems. They just tasted and smelled good. IS ALL.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I can attest to the fact that coffee still contains caffeine. I drink maybe a cup a day since it's free at work, but if I drink "more than my limit" I get the caffeine-overdose symptoms which are entirely unpleasant.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I won't touch Maxwell House or Folgers. I'd rather do without as they have a moldy taste to me.

I prefer Sumatran and only have two cups a day.

Then again, there is this coffee.

I've heard it called Cat Poop Coffee.

From Wiki:

Kopi luwak (Malay pronunciation: [ˈkopi ˈlu.aʔ]), or civet coffee, is one of the world's most expensive and low-production varieties of coffee. It is made from the beans of coffee berries which have been eaten by the Asian Palm Civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus) and other related civets, then passed through its digestive tract.[1] A civet eats the berries for their fleshy pulp. In its stomach, proteolytic enzymes seep into the beans, making shorter peptides and more free amino acids. Passing through a civet's intestines the beans are then defecated, keeping their shape. After gathering, thorough washing, sun drying, light roasting and brewing, these beans yield an aromatic coffee with much less bitterness, widely noted as the most expensive coffee in the world.

Kopi luwak is produced mainly on the islands of Sumatra, Java, Bali and Sulawesi in the Indonesian Archipelago, and also in the Philippines (where the product is called motit coffee in the Cordillera and kape alamid in Tagalog areas) and also in East Timor (where it is called kafé-laku). Weasel coffee is a loose English translation of its name cà phê Chồn in Vietnam, where popular, chemically simulated versions are also produced.

If I was wealthy enough, I would probably try it.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
In my opinion, I'd worry less about the GMO aspect and more about the age of the beans. It sounds like you are really sensitive to the taste of coffee.

I would also consider how you prepare your coffee. If you use a drip brew method, then I'd clean the machine out, and also consider trying a french press. I switched to a french press and it made a pretty drastic difference in the taste of the coffee, and I don't think I am that sensitive to the taste, so it might make a huge difference for you.

However, and this is sad because its more expensive to buy the good stuff, but the older and cheaper the beans, the ickier the taste. Using some generic brand of beans that were roasted two years ago will probably just give you a cup that tastes like dirty cardboard.

If you realllly love your coffee, maybe try buying fresh 'green' beans and roasting them yourself. Roast your own

I wish you good coffee drinking ahead: Health benefits of coffee
edit on 17-7-2011 by AlphaBetaGammaX because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2011 by AlphaBetaGammaX because: not enough coffee

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I just thought that approaching 30 I needed stronger coffee. Within the last year or two I've felt the need to buy stronger and stronger coffee along with my usual huge can of normal stuff; sometimes feeling the need to chew beans or grinds, like some sort of java vampire. Even XL Tim Hortons coffees don't seem to cut it anymore.

I never thought about there being a conspiracy behind my usual can of regular Maxwell hmm, perhaps I will look into this also.

edit on 7/17/2011 by MetalCoffeeL because: HAD to add something about Hortons mmmm.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I wish I could post it, but I don't own a scanner or any kind of cam! I guess I'll have to get crackin and go out to purchase those. I need some caffienated motivation first, and don't have it.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I am a coffee lover,. I love the bitter sweet flavor,.
I drink mine black..
I also brew it with a french press to get the true flavor from the coffee,. not the plastic coffee maker,.
(of which is a leading cause to bladder cancer)

I would agree that many coffees are crap,. and it takes a while to find brands that are the real deal,.
I grind my own beans and choose organic coffee only.. Great flavor and potent also..
Have a Glass french press? if not, get one. get the plastic outta yer coffee.
Also,... it may be a good idea to take a few weeks off to see if you just have a high tolerance to caffeine

edit on 17-7-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

What brand is it?!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

It could still have been decaffeinated coffee. By law it can not be labeled as decaffeinated unless it is 97% decaffeinated. If is is only lets say 95% then it is labeled as regular coffee. I just found that bit out on line. Got to love these crazy labeling regulations

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
OK, this thread has some great points. I seem to consume more coffee now than ever before and I do not get the shakes or the zip I used to get from Coffee.

GMO, oh no way, is there nothing sacred in this world?

I am going to stop for a bit, I linked over to Boondock's thread and I have to say I am willing to give this a go and stop coffee and see if my knees begin to feel better.

I only recently found that my knees have been giving out and I bet it is just about the same time the GMO product has been reaching me. I will post on that thread as I find any results but I have worked so hard at keeping junk out of my system and to now find out that my coffee is modified just makes me ill.

I have four little Arabica coffee plants here that hopefully were of the original seeds and not some Frankenseed, it may take a few years but if I can get them to produce for me than I may have solved my future coffee needs and eliminated the GMO out of my life. I will have to figure out these guys origins and maybe if they produce and ripen at once I will just have to sacrifice them.

For the Love of Humanity, Why Coffee!!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I live in an area that has no Whole Foods, no health food stores or cafes. But I will check out the 'organic' section of my grocers, and also there is this natural supplements store. In my area, it's mostly poor elderly and disabled people, and there are plenty of dollar stores and gas stations. And our tap water is thickly calcified and smells like sulfur, so I use distilled gallon jugs. I guess the PTB wants us all to die off out here.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Ulcers are a cause of acidic lifestyles,.
Most coffees are acidic,.
brew coffee with a high alkaline water and it is far less harsh on the stomach.
also a pinch of salt cuts the acid or a squeeze of lemon will help.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Yesterrday and the night before, I had stomach pains, and last night, I ingested some bakeing soda with lemon juice and honey. Problem solved!
Thanks to someone's thread here on ATS about bakeing soda.
edit on 17-7-2011 by simone50m because: spellcorrect

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join