It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Truly Believe there is a terrible coffee conspiracy.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I just slam dunked a 33 ounce can of 'regular roast' '100% Arabica beans' can of coffee which I paid $7.00 for, into my garpbage pail.
And I am extremely p****d off this morning. I have a question for all you grownup coffee drinkers, I NEED your help and input. Whats going on with the coffee? I have thrown out, probably, $100.00 or more, worth of coffee, over this past year or 2. I KNOW it is not me, (a 'built-up resistance', and illness, physical or cognitive) because I have recently debunked such. In this way. Christmas holiday at a family present-opening. Someone gave me this little gift box of coffee. But it had no brand name and no origin data. I only whipped it out and began using it, somewhat recently. 6 months later. When I drink it, I *instantly* feel the caffiene. Just like how it used to be with coffee along time ago. So therefore, it's not me. Here is a link I found, where someone is expressing my same experience. ask.metafilter.com...
This poster begins, "I used to love coffee. It made me feel that all was right with the world." After this poster's spiel, you will notice that most of the comments theorize there is something wrong with the poster. People, that link was hard for me to find. On Google, it was endless links which were anti-caffiene propaganda.

My conspiracy theory about this, is that, like the sick-makeing GMO "food", the illness-causing -flouride- , and the questionable vaccines, the obesity epidemic, now They are taking away our shot-in-the arm motivation-juice. Lots of people going back to sleep, instead of, for example, organizing a protest.

I hope I can find a fellow ATSer to reply, noticing this problem as well.
edit on 17-7-2011 by simone50m because: spellcorrect

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

My conspiracy theory about this, is that, like the sick-makeing GMO "food", the illness-causing -flouride- , and the questionable vaccines, the obesity epidemic, now They are taking away our shot-in-the arm motivation-juice. Lots of people going back to sleep, instead of, for example, organizing a protest.

You really lost me in the above quote....

However, coffee does have a colorful history....
being an excuse to have sex with prostitutes back in jolly old England and...
in the 1950's when cheap, crap coffee was being marketed as something everyone should have.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I am a long time lover of coffee. Bad drivers, annoying co-workers, screaming kids.. All have coffee to thank for their lives.

I drink Millcreek Coffee Co. or Folgers and haven't noticed anything. I still get a caffeine kick from Folgers which is available everywhere. If you're not drinking it already you should try it out and see if it's a little better for you.

I would recommend Millcreek, as it's tastier, but it's not available everywhere. Good luck!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Im in the mind set its not like it used to be,like all things less ..less..less..more money..more money..so yet again CEO can sit in there BMWs..Cadillacs if u want lol..small lay out big big profit..

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
i don't brew coffee any more because I'm only one in my house hold that drinks coffee. i make instant coffee, i can make up pretty taste cup coffee with that. i sort of understand what you saying, when i have brewed coffee like at work or friends it's just not the same pick me up.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Sometimes I'll feel a nice improvement in my mood after drinking a few cups of coffee, other times I won't feel anything. And yeah, I really do feel some kind of "comedown" if I consume a considerable amount. I won't really feel pissed off as much as I feel depressed like I need to get high from something.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by adam76
i don't brew coffee any more because I'm only one in my house hold that drinks coffee. i make instant coffee, i can make up pretty taste cup coffee with that. i sort of understand what you saying, when i have brewed coffee like at work or friends it's just not the same pick me up.

"THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!"

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gavlar1974
Im in the mind set its not like it used to be,like all things less ..less..less..more money..more money..so yet again CEO can sit in there BMWs..Cadillacs if u want lol..small lay out big big profit..

SO TRUE, gavlar.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Backslider

You make a good point. I have not sipped the ol Folgers in a long time, cuz I wanted to pay a budget price. But I guess we get what we pay for. I will go and look for Mill.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

I hope I can find a fellow ATSer to reply, noticing this problem as well.

YEP, its a GMO !!

www.deansbeans.com...

Frankenbeans - Here Comes GMO Coffee!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the caf�; just as organics, shade-grown and Fair Trade seemed to be making sense in the weird world of coffee; here comes genetically modified coffee - Frankenbeans! In traditional coffee harvesting, berries ripen at different times during the season (some people refer to this as "an act of nature"). Thus, the same plant will be picked over several times for its full yield, spreading the supply from any one region out over time and assuring a regular flow of beans during the harvest. Researchers at the University of Hawaii with nothing better to do have developed a way to ripen all berries on a coffee bush at the same time, through genetic engineering............

www.hawaiiseed.org...

www.organicconsumers.org...

google search

absolutely despicable in my outrageous opinion !
I think NATO needs to take immidiate action ! WITH GUILLOTINES !

I say "burnthecoffeecompanies"

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
umm..
stop being lazy and brew a pot of coffee for yourself..
i do every morning

woah maybe i should get on that now because i cant read without it!!!

edit on 17-7-2011 by JayXBraun because: need coffee!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
OP
sorry but I can't help.
I quit drinking coffee after
realizing it was contributing
to my arthritis pain

www.abovetopsecret.com...

maybe you should quit too

link   
reply to post by JayXBraun

I did brew a pot of coffee for myself, then I threw it out, because it had no caffiene in it, just GMO franken beans.

link   
I have heard of this. Try getting a home grinder and buy coffee beans and grind them your self. I have heard of more than a few people switching from store ground to fresh ground. Some stores have a grinder for you to use at the store.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Huh? Just like another poster replied above me, you lost me as well here on this thread.

What are you saying? Are you saying that coffee no longer works for you or that it is fake, or that you have a bad habit of wasting money on cofffee? What are you trying to say.

It sounds as if you went through a whole can of Folgers coffee before writing this post as its quite hard to follow here.

Take a deep breath and relax...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

"What are you saying? Are you saying that coffee no longer works for you or that it is fake,"

That is what I'm saying.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Purchasing beans idea, but how would I know the beans are real, and not GMO stuff?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
GMO: Making the world a sadder place, one consumer at a time.

I suspected this based on similar experiences to the OP.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

You will have to research that on your own. Here is a web site that may help.

coffeegeek.com...

coffeegeek.com...
edit on 7/17/2011 by fixer1967 because: Add link to forums

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join