It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Truly Believe there is a terrible coffee conspiracy.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Really?

I've been here since the early '50s and I can tell you most things are better:

cars- are lighter, safer, more fuel efficient and last about twice as long. A car with 100,000 miles on it in the '50s and 60s was essentially shot. The last two 21st century cars I had went over 200,000 miles without major repairs.

watches- you're lucky if you get a mechanical watch that can keep time within a few minutes a month. My Seiko titanium stays within 10 seconds a month. Essentially I have to set it twice a year for Daylight Savings changes.

TVs- blurry black and white with 3 channels compared to brilliant HD color flat screens with 100s of channels.

And then there are the many things we use daily that were not even imagined in the 1j950s like: calculators, now so cheap you can find them in gumball machines, computers and the Internet that link us to the largest repository of knowledge ever created by man. Digital cameras that take film quality pictures with no additional cost to the photographer beyond the cost of the equipment unless he wants to print them.

I can sympathize with nostalgia and all that but be realistic.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Good call on switching out the coffee maker, it never crossed my mind about the plastics. I would rather get a percolator, but maybe made of a safer metal than aluminum.
I do get the benefit of having access to Earth2o water, which doesn't have fluoride or those heavier metals etc.
Comes from an underground volcanic lake, which feed springs that they harvest. They don't even have to pump it=D
If you like the taste of good coffee you shouldn't be using tap water, it usually tastes awful, and even after you purify it.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
For years I've noticed that if I'm drinking the same brand of coffee for awhile, I build a tolerance. So I'd switch to another, and be zinging around all over the place. It didn't really seem to matter whether it was "fancy" coffee or not. Rotating brands seems to help for me.

Handy tips:
•Avoid Charbucks
•Invest in a good grinder
•I'll second the Bialetti Moka Pot.
•Kona and Jamaica Blue Mountain coffees are my favorite, because they are smooth and nutty. But they aren't cheap. In fact, they are wicked expensive. Try finding blends.
•No need to put your coffee in the freezer, but do store it in an airtight container. If you do freeze it, let it come to room temp before grinding and brewing.
•Dunkin Donuts always seems to be a sure bet for me when I need to switch things up (although I'm talking about the store brewed coffee... I haven't tried the bagged)

Personal Favorites:
For the freshest...
Metropolis Coffee Company
For a decent grocery store brand (I will serve Hawaiian Islands blend to friends and they will rave about it. And they're pretty snotty when it comes to coffee. Good stuff.)
Papanicholas Coffee
Favorite espresso, although I believe they also make drip coffee... canned or not, it's the bees knees.
Lavazza

All this reading about coffee has me all jazzed for a cup!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I found my coffee SOULMATE! Forever happy twil I be.

It's Maxwell House 'Wake Up Roast'

And it probably should be illegal. Whooooooobrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Thats some good pure sh** man.

It makes ya -manic- .

("She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lieeeeee.....Maxwell!")

(air guitar rockin)
edit on 2-8-2011 by simone50m because: edit

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The only coffee that ever does me right is Dunkin Donuts for both taste and caffeine intake. I was thinking about investing in a good percolator though, simply for taste purposes. The best coffee pot I ever owned is a Procter Silex. That little mechanism on the bottom of the filter area that lets you sneak a cup broke off, and I use a small 1 cupper underneath now. But that baby has been the best.and it was pretty cheap when I bought it. Just need to take care of it though.

I am sort of pissed off though because Maxwell House use to have a good flavor. Now, the only way to get good flavor is with the more expensive brands. I wonder if they make a coffee flavoring that is simply called "coffee". If not, it should be invented.

Thanks for your post.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join