It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Truly Believe there is a terrible coffee conspiracy.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
reply to post by moonweed

Do you grow your own coffee beans or are you just saying you get them from some other source and grind them yourself? I'd be interested in growing my own but I dunno how hard it is to do.

i have to buy them someplace else.....growing conditions for anything, really suck here in Michigan

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm sure the difference in taste and effect is most likely because these companies bought cheaper beans to increase their profits. I like to use flavored cream and lots of sugar, it makes any coffee taste good.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by simone50m

I put nothing past anyone these days.
There was a time when integrity was sought after and now integrity takes a backseat to money and ability to generate it. Integrity is kicked around like a fool.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I just slam dunked a 33 ounce can of 'regular roast' '100% Arabica beans' can of coffee which I paid $7.00 for, into my garpbage pail.
And I am extremely p****d off this morning. I have a question for all you grownup coffee drinkers, I NEED your help and input. Whats going on with the coffee? I

The coffee you mentioned uses the bean with the lowest amount of caffeine and the roasting type lowered the caffeine level even more.

You mad bro?

The robusta coffee beans used in less expensive brands contain almost twice as much caffeine as the Arabica beans favored by coffee connoisseurs. The type of coffee roast will also affect the amount of caffeine content. The lighter and medium roasts of coffees have a higher levels of caffeine than the darker roasts which lose some of the drug during the longer roasting time.

Caffeine Content

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

That's a crock:

www.bisphenol-a.org...

Nice source you have there.

Organic coffee is probably the way to go. I've had Starbucks coffee a couple times after making my own for a long time, and fresh ground organic coffee tastes tons better imo.

I ditched the coffee maker as well. Not the usual way to do things but I just boil the water and put the coffee filter between a fork and boil it for 2 minutes...takes about the same amount of time and tastes better.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

That is really good info, make. Everyone had something of value to contribute so far, what a ---worthwhile--- education, all kinds of stuff I did not know. I'm glad I made the thread, I don't feel so frustrated now. Knowledge is personal power.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I've called Starbucks, they put out a BOLO for you.
Second line

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I swear they put crack in coffee, I Don't drink it or support it, everyday I pass by a timmies or something and theres always ridiculously huge lineups all the time, people are addicted to this deadly caffeine, it does not work wonders.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Coffee is liquid stress and probably contributes to heart disease as much as cigarettes, so I avoid it. Small amounts here and there is probably no issue, but it is conducive to productivity/slave work, so yeah, it isn't going anywhere from society for that reason alone.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankieNinja

I Totaly Believe you, FrankieNinja. This is because 'Dr. Evil' of the Austin Powers movies, is top secretly headquartered in a Starbucks. Starbucks is pure gourmet-roasted evil. He's probably trying to develop killer laser beam wearing sharks, on my be half.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Try yerba mate instead, it's got about 1/3 of the caffeine as coffee, it's somewhat like green tea I guess as far as flavor, so you can mix it however you like . It has a lot of vitamins and minerals. It also gives you a slightly euphoric feeling for a couple of hours, not "high" but just a good feeling, much the way you describe the feeling that coffee gave you.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Do you guys like coffee? the kind from the hills?

www.youtube.com...

Couldn't help myself

edit on 17-7-2011 by NicelyToasted because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2011 by NicelyToasted because: fixed link

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I usually drink 8 cups of coffee every morning (MH Bold French Roast), and while it still tastes okay, I just don't feel the caffeine anymore!

I should be bouncing off the walls and taking a leak every 30 minutes or so, But nooooooooo, I'm yawning by 10:00am and only urinate once at lunchtime.

I just thought I was getting immune to caffeine, But now......

Is that possible?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NicelyToasted
Do you guys like coffee? the kind from the hills?

www.youtube.com...

Couldn't help myself

edit on 17-7-2011 by NicelyToasted because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2011 by NicelyToasted because: fixed link

I've been waiting for that. Seriously, though, the Metalocalypse owners should put out a brand of coffee called "Duncan Hills". There's no way they wouldn't profit greatly from it.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
As a self admitted coffee snob I feel the need to jump in and reply to this! LOL

1st - you buy can coffee, can coffee is crap! It is pre-ground and bought from a store so it is already stale and the oils have been released farrr too long ago.
2nd - you need to buy whole bean and grind it yourself with a coffee grinder. It would be preferable to use a coffee press over a drip machine, but even with a drip machine the quality of coffee is key.
3rd - I read someone said something about having toxins built up in your system and what little caffeine that could be gleamed from that crap you call coffee is probably not going to touch your system. Maybe a cleanse wouldn't be so bad, but even if your not wanting to do that.. follow the next instructions for better caffeine consumption.

- buy whole bean coffee and get the lightest roast possible. A breakfast blend is best. The longer a coffee bean is roasted the less caffeine has in it. So while everyone thinks espresso has the most caffeine, it is actually the lighter roasts that have more.
- grind it yourself at home, even if you use a drip machine this will make the biggest difference
- put just a small dash of salt in your coffee grounds before starting the machine. Salt is the opposite of bitter I believe on the tongue and salt will balance those flavors out so it doesn't taste so bitter. Hubby and I put a little cinnamon and nutmeg in with the coffee grounds before it brews as well, but that's just personal preference.
- do NOT buy your coffee from the store, the stuff there is old and it's crap! PS.. starbucks 'over roasts' aka burns their coffee to give it a distinctive taste, it's also crap! Find yourself a local coffee shop that roasts their own coffee and knows what the hell they are doing. Buy your coffee in smaller batches and do it more often. Yes it is a slight hassle, but it is also so worth it! I buy half a pound once a week so it is as fresh as possible.

And if all else fails go buy yourself some caffeine pills!

Here is a link to Alton Brown's Good Eats tv show. This episode is True Brew www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-7-2011 by MaMaa because: forgot my link to alton browns coffee show.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Although real coffee can taste really great, I notice that the taste can be profoundly different depending on the soil in which the beans were grown. My favourite is a rare delivery of beans we gotten delivered from the rich volcanic soil of Guatemala. Once you drink Guatemalan you will never be able to go back to the cheap crap imported from
to satisfy the general population. I hate the taste of instant coffee.

I rarely drink coffee anymore. I have moved into the trendy. Nowadays I am drinking "high caffeine" energy drinks like as "Red Bull". Not so much for the caffeine, but because of the B vitamins. I need the stuff in order to get myself off to work. I am a creative artist and musician. Creative work is psychologically hard work at the best of times. So I charge myself up with the bottles of the "stimulation drinks". Coca Cola Corp produce their product "Relentless" which is great.

Is it possible that the bad tasting coffee that you reported about is made from beans that have had the caffeine removed ? Removed so as to supply the likes of "Red Bull" ? Coffee without the caffeine would be a really dud product as far as I am concerned.

Whilst on the subject of caffeine. Did you know that if you over dose on caffeine you're likely to have hallucinogenic experiences ? Schizophrenia ? Paranoia ? Depression ? I am not familiar with exactly how much caffeine constitutes an over dose. Be careful because if you have a weak heart you could end up with a heart attack. Children and pregnant woman are advised to keep their caffeine intake low to nothing. However, the B vitamins are good for the health. If the coffee beans are allowed go rotten they develop a really good crop of "magic mushrooms" that if eaten raw will give you a really high effective dose of B vitamins. Taking a high dose of B vitamins will really wake you up. Mind you though "magic mushrooms" often taste absolutely disgusting. So that you will need to wash them down with a tasty cup of coffee.

If the coffee or the stimulation drinks cause my stomach to hurt, due to too much potassium, coca cola often hurts too, for the same reason, I then like to settle my indigestion with a few cups of the traditional Olde English Tea. Do you Americans ever drink tea ? We are told that drinking tea prevents and cures obesity. Helps with dieting. So if you have an obesity problem you should try drinking Olde English Tea. We do not grow it in England, we just import the stuff from India and South East Asia. My favourite time to drink tea is after eating an Indian Curry dish.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 17/7/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Wacko!!
(2nd line) aahahahahaha!! I visit this site everyday, but rarely post. I seen all kinds here, but this one I had to make an exception on my no-post streak!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
yah there is a conspiracy with coffee its called there is 128 oz in a gallon why tf does a 16oz coffee cost $7?

it takes 2 gallons of crude oil to make 1 gallon of gas plus special rrefinery plant ,guys in white coats etc and then they have to transport a highly flammable/explosive liquid on the highways of america gotta need extra insurance for that.

coffee is generaly made with tap water which means its shipped dry so how tf does coffee cost 7 to 10 xs more per gallon than gas? its closer less flammable/dangerous and doesnt require a war?
and accordimg to fivebucks(star) 98% water ussually tap?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yeah, i get you OP...

One word, Jacobs, affordable and kick ass coffee. Preferably their Meister and Kronung Gold products.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join