I Truly Believe there is a terrible coffee conspiracy.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

If I am not mistaken 'Frankenseed' is sterile and will not grow. If that is true all you have to do is to plant some of the seeds/beans and see if it grows or not.
No sure about all GMO seeds but what I have read and heard this is one of the biggest problems with these seeds and plants is you have to buy new seeds and plants every year because seeds from plants from the year before are sterile and no good. You may need to check up on that.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

This is very important to me as I am serious about my fix (lol). I don't know about you guys but I have had some of the worst cups of coffee in New York. I have had to go to starbucks. I was told by someone that a decent cup of joe should have a creamy yellow brown foam as this shows that the beans are freshly ground.

I just blame substandard beans in the mix.

Anyone else got any ideas? This is of national importance!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Yesrerday and the night before, I had stomach pains, and last night, I ingested some bakeing soda with lemon juice and honey. Problem solved!
Thanks to someone's thread here on ATS about bakeing soda.
edit on 17-7-2011 by simone50m because: spellcorrect
if your getting stomach pains and the problem was resolved by that remedy, then
your on the same road as your mom,.
You need to do some reading about "how to balance the body PH"
Like I said, the coffee is acidic, and will continue to make the issue worse if you dont get your system
back in balance.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

I used to buy StarBucks all the time but I noticed their coffee stands don't sell the same quality they used to, so I stopped buying from them. It also annoyed me that in my mall (fred meyer) StarBuck's pushed out ALL of the competition, so you can't buy the in-house Fred Meyer coffee any more, just the StarBucks. I don't believe StarBucks sells an organic version, but since I've learned about GMO, I totally avoid any coffee that isn't organic.

My girl and I recently switched to Green Mountain Coffee, USDA certified organic, and Fair Trade certified. The vanilla cream is AMAZING and the smell will lift roust you from your slumber. We have a mini coffee maker but 1 pot of 2 tbsp gets us both hoppin'

I'm a coffee guy and I highly suggest you try Green Mountain. (

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

If you're buying anything preground in a can, you're buying crap. Go buy a good burr grinder, a quality drip coffee maker (say Capresso), then buy some whole bean, fresh roasted, quality varietal coffee like Hawaiian Kona or Jamaican Blue Mountain. Grind some per coffee maker's instructions then make a pot using bottled spring water and unbleached filters. Pour some of that and give it a try. If you don't like it maybe your tastes have changed and you simply don't like coffee. By the way, that first cup of really good coffee is going to set you back several hundred dollars. You get what you pay for.

For a slightly lower quality cup of coffee with a whole lot more convenience you might try what I now do. I have a Keurig B60 single cup coffee maker. Currently I am enjoying a cup of Tully's Extra Bold Kona Blend from it. It's very good but not quite up to what I used to enjoy with the above process. But then again it only took me 1 minute and the push of a button to make

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
There is a problem with coffee. The problem is that most of the worlds major coffee producers plants are ageing, as the coffee plant ages the quality of the beans produced degrades. I don't know if this affects the level of caffeine in the bean but seems like it could be a possibility.

It is also possible that the OP has built up a tolerance to caffeine and just needs to drink more for the desired effect. Try going a couple of days without coffee to see how the withdrawal affects you. You might notice that you'll get headaches and you might feel a little depressed. This should prove that you are getting your caffeine from your coffee. It would just be bad business for them to remove caffeine from their product. If anything I could see them adding caffeine to coffee, I've suspected Tim Horton's of doing this for some time now.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mellok

Plastic coffee makers are poison,.
Do some reading on Bisphenol-A or BPA.
Nearly every coffee maker uses plastic = BAD

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I've been using the plastic all this whole while. Yikes, this INSIDEOUS BPA.........

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

That's a crock:

www.bisphenol-a.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
anyone remember when Howard Johnson hotels used to have restaurants, back in the 80s? i dunno who had worse tasting coffee...them, or McDonalds.....ughhhh....nasty stuff...even the coffee you get on Amtrak is repulsive....i prefer to ground my own coffee beans....ya get much better tasting coffee...anyone that grows, distributes, or sells GMO coffee is definitely on my sh*t list...it's bad enough having a tainted food supply...but coffee??? oh hell no....that really burns my @ss!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by moonweed

Do you grow your own coffee beans or are you just saying you get them from some other source and grind them yourself? I'd be interested in growing my own but I dunno how hard it is to do.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
reply to post by JayXBraun

I did brew a pot of coffee for myself, then I threw it out, because it had no caffiene in it, just GMO franken beans.

Please cite where you found out where the coffee has no caffeine. I suggest stop buying decaf.

Note to others, if your coffee is bitter, that is the caffeine you are tasting.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
There is a problem with coffee. The problem is that most of the worlds major coffee producers plants are ageing, as the coffee plant ages the quality of the beans produced degrades. I don't know if this affects the level of caffeine in the bean but seems like it could be a possibility.

It is also possible that the OP has built up a tolerance to caffeine and just needs to drink more for the desired effect. Try going a couple of days without coffee to see how the withdrawal affects you. You might notice that you'll get headaches and you might feel a little depressed. This should prove that you are getting your caffeine from your coffee. It would just be bad business for them to remove caffeine from their product. If anything I could see them adding caffeine to coffee, I've suspected Tim Horton's of doing this for some time now.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

It's funny you mention this because there was a company that was trying to put caffeine into some of their food products but they couldn't get it passed regulations.

I cannot say who, what, where... but, true story. There might be information out there if you look.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Someone point me in the direction of bitter coffee!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

lol u work for the plastics industry? www.corbettreport.com... www.niehs.nih.gov...

To the OP, I also have the same problem with coffee... I only drink abt 1 or 2 cups in the morning - so I doubt i have O'd on coffee or built up a tolerance. Anyway, I have noticed the coffee I regularly drink tastes different and doesn't give me the same hit. I used to buy the ground Starbucks stuff and make it at home in a 'glass' coffee maker.

TBH I have no idea why the coffee seems different, maybe a different harvest? I'm considering switching to tea - not really!
edit on 17-7-2011 by slinkey10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

That's a crock:

www.bisphenol-a.org...

one article tells you that?
please look further.
if you believe a company that produces this additive isnt going to hire someone to say its safe
then you should believe cigarettes are safe also/
I also work in a plastics industry.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

That's a crock:

www.bisphenol-a.org...

Canada has an action plan against bisphenol-a. I think it is mostly to do with infants however, as they have done studies that show it can cause development problems.

Link

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

That's a crock:

www.bisphenol-a.org...

Canada has an action plan against bisphenol-a. I think it is mostly to do with infants however, as they have done studies that show it can cause development problems.

Link
Yes, that would be true,.
But it is safe for adults?

not safe, and is linked to prostate, bladder and breast cancers.
people that believe that the FDA is a friend is sadly mistaken.
Example: I wonder why most countries in Europe wont allow Monsanto GMO seeds?
Because they cause illness and cancers,.
here in the states the rich rule,. and companies are paid well to hide the truth.
Anyway,. back on topic,.

Get a glass french press for your coffee,
find an organic coffee that fits your taste,
and use a higher alkaline water.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

You mean like paraquat coffee?
Remember when coke was coke?
You think someones tampering with the beans?

Maybe you're a little para...but then again I put nothing past anyone these days.
There was a time when integrity was sought after and now integrity takes a backseat to money and ability to generate it. Integrity is kicked around like a fool.

Americans drink coffee. Europeans drink tea. Maybe it is targeted chemical warfare.
Hey...it could be.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The change you notice in your coffee is environmental change. Beans just are not growing like they used to as the climate changes and I suspect it also changes the potency. Now if I read your post correctly you are drinking also Monster Java cans? Those contain guarana seed which is 3x more potent than regular coffee beans. Perhaps you are building up an immunity? I know you say you are not, but hey, you could be wrong, it also could be that as you age, the caffeen works differently with your system. I can go out and drink a 20 oz mocha 4x shot espresso and still manage to take a nap after, and I believe it is because of years worth of coffee drinking. I still get the caffeine buzz and energy, but my body is so used to it that I can shrug it off.
Now, try not drinking coffee and see what happens. You will notice the difference when you don't drink it, but not when you do because you are used to it.
I found this out when I started to drink a lot of RedBull, After a while I had to quick drinking it because I couldn't afford a 4 can a day habit, and I noticed right away that not drinking redbull made me very tired, but when I did drink the redbull, I felt awake, but nothing else. I think Coffee has almost the same effect.

I am a LOOOOOOOONG time coffee drinker, and also I need my fix. Might I suggest you try Folgers Black Silk coffee. It is dark, very potent and an awesome coffee.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join