It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how to deal with terrorists....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
That video was cool! They wanrted to die, anyway, they don't need to bother about the suicide bombing anymore.

So sad, that binladen could have been caught this way, but for political reason, they ket him alive.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Istvan
That video was cool! They wanrted to die, anyway, they don't need to bother about the suicide bombing anymore.

Good point, Istvan. Virgins in heaven all around.

[edit on 04/8/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
They wanted to die anyone, how do you know that did you speak to every single one of them before it happened.

And you say its a shame osame bin laden isnt dead, its unfortunate that you dont see the death of another as a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzpatrick
They wanted to die anyone, how do you know that did you speak to every single one of them before it happened.

And you say its a shame osame bin laden isnt dead, its unfortunate that you dont see the death of another as a bad thing.

Can you tell me where I can find the definition of the various titles I see used on the board? How did you acquire the title Scholar?

[edit on 04/8/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Now, should ask you the same question? How do you know, that they are innocent civilians? I assume, many americans were nearby spying that terrorist conference inside that building.

There are accidents, but this one seems to be well prepared.

If they are terrorists, they deserved what they got.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperen

Try and look at it the other way. They are fighting against what they see as invaders, occupiers, conquerors.

What they are depends on your opinion but they see them as that; conquerors who have taken over their country.

What would you do if a country came and took over your country? - And they were there saying they were going to change your regime to what they see as the best system.

[edit on 15/8/04 by Hyperen]

I understand that completely. They see us as invaders, occupiers, and conquerors because of propaganda and politics.

Lots of these people are foreign fighters taking advantage of the disorder. Some of them are iraqis loyal to saddam. I was talking about the foreign fighters. I should have been more specific. Here is a news link from June which clearly gives me the impression that these men do not care who they kill.

www.guardian.co.uk...

I see your point with the last question but an invading force would be destroyed before it got here. Even if someone did manage to invade, they would not get far. Most of us are armed to the teeth. Can you imagine a foreign army wandering Los Angeles or New York? All the gangs, mafia, the NRA etc would tear them apart.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Why are you changing the conversation into what names we are given. if you wanted to now something of topic why not u2u me and not put it in the topic as it is of unrelated nature.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
These are not freedom fighters trying to liberate their country from an oppressive occupying force.

These are fascist insurgents - many non Iraquis - who want political control to establish an Islamo-fascist state and oppress and kill as they wish - the only difference between them and Saddam is that he was a secular leader - these are worse - Islamo-fascists.

America has to stay until democracy and order is established - it is unfortunate but for that to happen, many more Islamo-fascists must be removed!

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by crossfire
America has to stay until democracy and order is established - it is unfortunate but for that to happen, many more Islamo-fascists must be removed!

A very thoughtful, realistic and therefore, brilliant assessment. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think it is best if america stays as well at the moment as well.

I was saying that i dont think the death of anyone should be celebrated.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think, there is no need to understand these people. They would terrorize the other countries, even if the war on terrorism would not exist. If this war hasn't started, these animals would be encouraged to do more harm to innocent people.

It is another question, that the USA benefits from the war.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I don't think that I would ever "celebrate" a death - I would like to see Osama Bin Laden killed though. Even if he is no longer operational it would be a major blow for the morale of terrorists.

Oh - and by the way - Arafat - KABOOM!

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by crossfire

Oh - and by the way - Arafat - KABOOM!

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I would celebrate the death of osama, and everyone on Earth will do so, I believe.

But at this point, all those people should be killed, who are looking forward to do a suicide attack, or prepare an attack.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Istvan
I would celebrate the death of osama, and everyone on Earth will do so, I believe.

But at this point, all those people should be killed, who are looking forward to do a suicide attack, or prepare an attack.

I agree.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I won't be celebrating the death of Osama. You know why?

It would be like celebrating the big branch of a tree being destoryed, yet the root remains FIRMLY intact. A root that is being watered and fed by the man hacking at the braches. He makes more work for himself
, blindly hacking at branches when infact he should be focusing on the root.

In plain terms. Osama dies you think it will end? To much money is being made, too many corps pockets are being lined and too much land is being 'claimed'. Osama is the reason for most things. They need him alive! for now anyway.

All my opinion of course. for what its worth.

George and Osama.....what a team!

Personally I hope they catch Osama and he gets a public hearing into why the hell he does what he does. Also I would like George to explain why he did not take the oath in the 911 tribunal. You American patriots seem to forgot your Christain president wouldn't swear in front of god he would tell the truth. To me that signals he is part of the problem.

[edit on 15-8-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If osama will be killed/captured, the alqaeda will be decapitated. Still, I agree to that if he is kept alive, it is easier to find other alquaeda members if he is being watched. Perhaps, this is the reason, why he is still alive.

But the death of osama will discourage individuals to enter terrorist groups, that's for sure.

The big question still remains: do the americans have it right? Perhaps, it is a big mistake what they are doing, we don't know.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra

In plain terms. Osama dies you think it will end?

[edit on 15-8-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

Of course it's not gonna end, it's never going to end. I hope osama gets his freakin beard caught in a camels a**

[edit on 15-8-2004 by flashburn]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I always like being called either a patriot or a psychopath.

Some general information. I served in the Special Operations Community for 4 years, with a specialty in counter-terrorism.

As for the war in Iraq, again, for the record, I was not in favor of the invasion. There is not a way in the world that a Muslim country would ever welcome the occupation of a non-Muslim one.

But we are there. And as long as our men and women are in harms way, then desisions better be made to protect THEM. Those fools want to shoot at us, then wipe them out. It is very simple on the battlefield.

You cannot start attacking, stop attacking, etc. I am talking the face of war.

If we are going to play games on the front line, bring the boys home, to hell with the costs.

I also don't belive that the militias in Iraq are terrorists. They are folks fighting for what they believe in.

Terrorists are the gutless wonders who kill civiliians. While I loathe casualties, at least the bulk of the militia fighters are fighting a force that is armed.

It reminds me of when the Intifada started up again. The people that strap bombs to their bodies are terroists. But when the Israeli's invaded West bank towns en-mass, and found themselves fighting in Palestinian homes, that is a different story. Those Palestinians were defending their homes and families, the the IDF was fair game. (I am also pro-Israeli, but fair is fair.)

So I think a lot of this is conversation about wiping out people we are fighting, and then what we do at a geo-political level. Two different topics, ones that the grunt on the ground could give a rip about. All he/she know is there are some bad guys in a safe house. Let the smart bomb flush it out, or have me and perhaps many of my buddies die flushing them out.
I vote for our guys to come home alive.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spidergooch
So I think a lot of this is conversation about wiping out people we are fighting, and then what we do at a geo-political level.

I think it is better said that this conversation was about one video tape depicting the annihilaition of a group of insurgents. It became a discussion of what you state.

One thing that has been ignored is that there are many Iraqis who are working toward building a democratic Iraq, probably a majority. These insurgents are murderers only and I can only take a clinical view of their deaths.

Others are more emotional about it. When they are targeted by murderers they will become less squeamish about it. Their day will come. The terrorist won't look to this board to find their freinds.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join