It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone hear about this??????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
www.thedailyholden.com...

a man in Tunisia does this and a world revolutions starts.

a man in the US does this and no one hears about it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Anyone hear about this??????

All of the people who discussed it in the other thread, yes.
ATS

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I feel his pain. The poem in the comments section was quite moving. Funny how stories like this never quite make it to the headline.

A man martyred himself to show the world how broken our family court system is, and how unfair the system is to fathers.

A tree fell in the forest.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b58df7f0d7b5.png[/atsimg]

Screen shot of the ATS search for "burns himself"

You are correct.
It is both a tradgedy of silence when it happens here
and it also clearly contrasts too rather more well marketed event in Tunisia.

Here is my comment on the longest running discussion.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

David Grouchy

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
We are not the kind of culture to start a revolution or coup because of hunger strikes or in the extreme, self-immolation. We can debate the why's and why nots. The revolution coming for most of us is not the violent gun shooting kind. In fact it is the more dangerous kind of non-compliance, I'm not going to go along with "xyz" anymore. Our system is just not built to handle non-compliance, this is why we are literally brainwashed into conforming with the norms, oh its always been this way, don't rock the boat. People are waking up faster and faster.

I'm sorry this person and his family, and that he felt that this was a solution. Change is coming, but in this digital age if it doesn't happen right away, change is not happening fast enough. People need to relearn the art and science of patience. Imbalances can only exist for so long until they are rebalanced, often catastrophically.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
People are far to comfy to care about any revolution

once those comfy dillusions start to fade slowly only then will the masses wake up and care

but till then..........

its just ......

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by th3dudeabides

You sir could not be more correct.

Non Compliance is absolutely the correct course to take. Our system will collapse under its own weight if our fellow citizens just applied this very simple method of protest.

I, personally have been engaged in non compliance for years now. I refuse to comply with the Federal Government on any level and I must say that when I do have interaction with the Federal Government and its agents , I am polite but firm and they really do not know how to respond. I can say that 100% of the time the Federal Government just gives up in trying to get this mule to comply.

The correct way of going about non compliance is ALWAYS be nice and polite, but do not waiver from your refusal to cooperate with their system.

new topics

top topics

join