It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama ‘Abruptly’ Walks From Meeting: Cantor

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Im sorry but his whole thing seems like a joke. If we dont raise our debt, things will get worse? Wont that just make the debt even higher and harder to pay. Thats like owing money to a loanshark and borrowing more money from him to pay your first payment to him. If they do raise the limit its only postponing the inevitable and everyone knows this, atleast any one who can do math and have common sence.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Interesting viewpoint on AJ regarding Obama's bluff and walkout

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
He's loosing it, becoming unstable because either he's expiring or just trying to through a fit saying, "I own the country! No one is to tell me what to do!"
very sad.

No, not exactly. The Republicans are not even cooperating with him and are acting like children. Why must this man be beaten down because he walked out when someone else was acting like they're 5 years old?

I personally don't blame Obama. Either way, both Parties need to come to a plausible solution soon...and quickly.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
These extremist's like Michele Bachmann, and Cantor from Virginia, are holding the U.S. economy as hostage. This is nothing less than state sponsored terrorism against the American people.

"What about this one? Republicans have historically been more focused on national security threats than Democrats.
Yet what would do more damage to America's national security than a possible default that might halt paychecks for American military families?"

Quote from NYT, OP-ED, Thurs., July 14, 2011 by NICHOLAS D. KRISTOF
edit on 14-7-2011 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
didn't cantor do the same thing 2 weeks ago ?

c'mon folks, don't just read a headline and over react

think

Think? You want those arm chair politicians on ATS to think?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That's pretty legit. Nice find. It makes me want to design an American flag whose corner is a snake rather than stars.

I know people with friends in many places. Hell, I am such a person. They often go far in life. Just remember. Build your team before your operation. And keep building it up every scale you go up. From local office all the way to the presidency. The only reason the current oligarchy has power is because they build a good team. But their team, it's sick. A simple agreement for them all. Thy all defend each other in peace, but kill each other at the slightest sight of controversy. In the words of Dave Chapel, pretty much apply what he said about Hollywood to DC.

Don't get sick. Build the right team.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
what happened to american dignity

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Obummer is having a field day with this. He knows that the media will spin this something like "Republicans default on Social Security Payments, Seniors start dying."

Thus his assignment, destroy America, is on target. Either way he wins. If the Republicans balk, he defaults on US debt and the US economy is destroyed and the currency is crushed. If they give in, he raises taxes, destroys the economy and the same thing happens, but just a little later.

Recall the teachings of Marxist professors Cloward and Piven, Obummers favorite teachers, one important tactic is to bankrupt the system by frivolous spending. Obummer is fulfilling this doctrine. How easy it is to tear down. Obummer must think himself a hero. It's that narcissistic personality disorder he suffers from.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
I'm in Minnesota where we have been shut down since June 30th, with no end in sight. State parks are shuttered and locked, and all but essential public employees (public safety mostly) are laid off. Except for the gov's cook, driver and gardener or course, Dayton wouldn't survive 20 minutes without servants, it's all he's ever known.

Both sides are posturing and flexing, and still getting paid by the way, but neither will back down.

Myself, I love it and hope it goes on longer. It's the only way the people will get mad enough to actually take matters into their own hands.

Viva La Revolution.

Bejesus!! You talk like an anarchist.

I hear, former Minnesota governor-Republican, Tim Pawlenty, is in hot water in the presidential run-up.

"Pawlenty faces scrutiny over how the the state is trying to close a $5 billion deficit that the state finance department says is largely the result of holes left by Mr. Pawlenty's final budget."

"Pawlenty's critics say his record: Was an overreliance on one-time accounting maneuvers that failed to address the underlying problems."

Quotes from page A-17, NYT NATIONAL Thurs, July 14, 2011, By- Trip Gabriel
edit on 14-7-2011 by Erno86 because: added credits

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

He is the prez he is supposed to handle himself at a higher standard at what ever cost. You cant get anything done if your not in the room now can you?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tarzan the apeman.
reply to post by Kitilani

He is the prez he is supposed to handle himself at a higher standard at what ever cost. You cant get anything done if your not in the room now can you?

If I were in President Obamas shoes at that frivolous meeting, with those right wing radical nincompoop's; I would have walked out on them too. President Obama, doesn't have to stand and listen to that B.S.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Max Keizer said it all today, he spoke exactly what we are talking about tonight in E164.. He was on a real rant!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I personally don't WANT a compromise. I want something REAL. I want a workable SOLLUTION to this debt our great country is burried in.

I want our LEADERS to pull thier heads out of their collective butts and do some REAL work behind those closed doors.

How about some foreign policy that makes sense? How about not loaning out more money to other countries when we have to borrow money to pay our own debt? How about pulling our troops out of other countries wars, where we spend millions a DAY and put some of that money back into our own country? How about transparancy in the Federal Reserve???? Hmmm??? SHOW ME THE GOLD!!!

How about we NOT support illegal immigrants, and give that money back to people that actually provide those funds???? The WORKING CLASS!!! How about we NOT give out welfare checks to crack heads and people more than capable of working but would rather live off my back?????

I would like to see our president and congress actually DO SOMETHING productive, that makes sense, that IMPROVES our society, rather than borrow more so that they can SPEND MORE!!!

Enough is enough!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thats exactly what I am saying! Lets do this already....stop pu**y footing around and get the show on the road. It is inevitable so why continue the madness. I mean....if we keep doing the same thing nothing changes.

Obama had his chance and his glory. Its over!

Out with the Federal Reserve and in with Ron Paul!

It ain't over till the fat lady sings!!!

Also- In my opinion, Ron Paul is to old to be President of the United States; and his son: Rand, is nothing but a right wing kook!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Americas in debt because Americans dont care about America Americans need to get smart read on the toilet a dictiunary for starters then a 5th grade science book then an American history book then they need to remember they are Americans not a country then American like irish American or british Americans but American American we as Americans have to change things by changeing the way we act and do things to each other and what we do we need to be smart America this nation America is ours it isnt a land masses name its OUR name and we need to be better people so America is better ...........America

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
As much as I do not want to see Americas Credit Rating Drop...nor my folks get their Social Security checks..I am praying that the raising of the debt ceiling can be used to send a message that Congress and the WH need to live with-in their means..just like the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

He looks healthy enough to me.......but I do agree on the son. We can't settle for Rand, we need the real Ron Paul!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is why we need to clean house and remove all these corporate pigs from leadership positions, and have the PEOPLE vote on these matters.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by SpaDe_

He has no idea he has lost the "people?"

In early 2009, that threat would have carried some weight, but not now! Let him plead his case to the people with his false fear-mongering, and toothless threats! The people are already suffering; we are already feeling the inevitable depression; we are already in the mud, we are eager to let the house of cards fall, and let the rebuilding begin!

Go ahead Mr. President. Let them call your bluff. Shut the whole dam thing down. Send the Fed employees home. Hold the checks of the soldiers and the seniors.

Lets get this show on the road!

Wait a second here, lets be frank. How the hell will we survive if the government shuts down?

You mean if I call my representative he wont answer? OH MY GOD!

Since Obama took office unemployment has doubled. Gas prices have doubled. Food prices will soon double.

We've invaded more countries. We're still in the countries he promised we'd be out of by 2010.

The government has spent historic amounts of money at a time when we cant pay our bills.

We've bailed out more companies, and watched as our country has literally spiraled into despair.

Now, hes acting like an irresponsible teenager wondering why the credit card company wont increase the credit limit after maxing out the card and failing to make payments...

How does he even have one leg to stand on?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Obama ..all words no punch

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join