It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama ‘Abruptly’ Walks From Meeting: Cantor

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I was being sarcastic.

-----------
He has the weekend to think about it.
Maybe Obama will speed dial President Bill Clinton again.
Remember December 2010?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

So Obama said he's going to the people.

And the people want jobs, lower taxes, less government spending...

So I guess he should go back to the negotiations so that the people can get what they want.

He must feel like a real dolt right now. I guess he didn't know what the people wanted.

This highlights his fault: he doesn't like to be told it's not all about him.
edit on 15-7-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by SpaDe_

So Obama said he's going to the people.

And the people want jobs, lower taxes, less government spending...

So I guess he should go back to the negotiations so that the people can get what they want.

He must feel like a real dolt right now. I guess he didn't know what the people wanted.
edit on 15-7-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Obama lives in a bubble.
So does Paul Krugman.
They are surrounded by a - reality distortion field -.
-----------
I predict Obama will lash out and do something stupid.
Just watch.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by disasternaut
reply to post by buster2010

I'm sure that the workers here in America that would be affected by this would take issue with your stance. And why penalize someone for success? The wealthy already pay massive amounts of taxes. Ronald Reagan didn't increase taxes and he got us out of economic turmoil of his day; I just don't see any need to take measures that would negatively affect so many people.

I disagree.

"Beyond that, voodoo economics has taken over the G.O.P.

Supply-side voodoo--- which claims that tax cuts pay for themselves and/or that any raise in taxes would lead to economic collapse-- has been a powerful force within the G.O.P. ever since Ronald Reagan embraced the concept of the Laffeer curve. But the voodoo used to be contained. Reagan himself enacted significant tax increases, offsetting to a considerable extent his initial cuts."

Some quotes from Paul Krugman titled-- Getting to Crazy, NYT, OP-ED, Friday 15, 2011

edit on 15-7-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

reply to post by grahag

Actually the tax-cuts would also affect the people who work on the plane because if the tax is increased on the rich then they won't buy the plane and if they don't by the plane guess who's out of a job? The people who clean and maintain the proper function of the plane!

Sorry, but trickle-down is a fantasy... Letting the people who skip out on all those taxes is more detrimental to the economy than the lost income from trickle-down job taxation.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I think it's funny that the people with the most to lose are the people that are making the decisions on this. All the politicians live in a bubble. They don't have to deal with the same problems we all do like feeding the kids, and paying the mortgage, and finding a job.

The majority of them are rich and they don't have to worry about those things. You know what they worry about? How to keep as much as possible without getting fired from their jobs. Turns out that it's pretty easy because Americans have such a terrible political memory.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

I guess we'd have to agree to disagree there. And concerning the family issue, don't you believe that politicians have family needs to attend to as well? it's not like they're a different species or something, they have responsibilities to meet as does everyone else.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

It is true that tax increases may at times be useful, but if we just cut spending we wouldn't have to resort to such measures. It's not rocket science; If you spend a lot more then you take in, stop spending as much! trying to spend your way out of debt is just completely counter-intuitive. We need to take some serious steps towards balancing the budget, but I for one don't support actions that would destroy the jobs of so many that are the backbone of our economy.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Whats different tactics do they have now that weren't available to the think tanks back in the 30's when Roosevelt was playing the "new deal" political games to get out of the depression? Back then projects like the Hoover dam and Citizens Conservation Corps were used to try and give the economy a boost. These days an aging society is looking for low inflation and affordable medical benefits. Many jobs have been automated and it seems that there are fewer and fewer high paying jobs available. Guess we just wait and watch calling the shots as we can.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Obummer is having a field day with this. He knows that the media will spin this something like "Republicans default on Social Security Payments, Seniors start dying."

Thus his assignment, destroy America, is on target. Either way he wins. If the Republicans balk, he defaults on US debt and the US economy is destroyed and the currency is crushed. If they give in, he raises taxes, destroys the economy and the same thing happens, but just a little later.

Recall the teachings of Marxist professors Cloward and Piven, Obummers favorite teachers, one important tactic is to bankrupt the system by frivolous spending. Obummer is fulfilling this doctrine. How easy it is to tear down. Obummer must think himself a hero. It's that narcissistic personality disorder he suffers from.

Once you called your own President "Obummer" I think we all stopped taking you seriously.

The President does not want to destroy America.
He's not a Marxist.

We get it, you're bitter McCain lost. Get over it. And don't worry, someone who's white and not a Democrat will sadly enter office again someday, so get over the little hissy fit you're having and stop listening to Fox News.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag
You know what they worry about? How to keep as much as possible without getting fired from their jobs. Turns out that it's pretty easy because Americans have such a terrible political memory.

well...that and making sure that the twit pics of their junk, hooker romps, gay underaged sex, drug abuse, affairs and sexual harassment of pages don't become public.

honestly if anyone actually thinks that these people have OUR best interest at heart needs to wake up. govt is the alcoholic, junkie boyfriend that beats and abuses his girlfriend (the public). and we just say, "he didn't mean it. he said he's sorry. it's my fault, i should have had dinner ready"

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I would have respected an honest answer from Obama and/or his 'followers' like Pelosi and Reid by them simply saying 'The President walked out in anger and frustration.' That's what he obviously did.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChicagOpinion
I would have respected an honest answer from Obama and/or his 'followers' like Pelosi and Reid by them simply saying 'The President walked out in anger and frustration.' That's what he obviously did.

Obama has a HUGE ego and a thin skin.
--------------
He is sick of being president of the united states. Now he wants to be King of America.
Then he could ignore congress altogether.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
i thought they were finished with THIS garbage ?

Congress Person? Lee

Jackson Lee: Congress complicating debt ceiling because Obama is black

By Josiah Ryan - 07/15/11 03:02 PM ET

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) on Friday strongly suggested that members of Congress are making it difficult for President Obama to raise the debt ceiling because of his race.

yet ANOTHER bonehead .....

yet ANOTHER "intellectual" ....

WHO voted for this Brillianteen ???? !
!

did SHE vote to spend all YOUR money ????? Hmmmm

just watch the video and tell me this is an act .....

she is serious

we ARE in trouble now.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Once you invoked the race card, I stopped taking you seriously.
The overwhelming GOP landslide elections were a clear message by the people to limit government,
keep taxes low and stop the spending. If the GOP fails,they will be replaced also.
Raising the debt ceiling is not the way to go. Obama can not take his case to the people.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

Congress has only been Republican controlled a handful of times, so to state that it is all the republicans fault is incorrect. Link

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger

The overwhelming GOP landslide elections were a clear message by the people to limit government,
keep taxes low and stop the spending.

Why is it some do not see this?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by mugger

keep taxes low and stop the spending.

Why is it some do not see this?

They are addicted to the spending.
They need to go to rehab.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

reply to post by grahag

I guess we'd have to agree to disagree there. And concerning the family issue, don't you believe that politicians have family needs to attend to as well? it's not like they're a different species or something, they have responsibilities to meet as does everyone else.

I think they might as well be on a different planet, the majority of them are so far removed as to be a different class. They get to skip security scans at the TSA, they don't have to have the same insurance as the common folk, and the majority are millionaires. They don't have to eek out a living like the majority of us that THEY represent.

They have families, but they don't need to worry about them because they live in the same insulated state...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

And all because of printed money (paper)... Something is going on. The money system is about to shatter all over the globe.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join