It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy Open Carries and Handles it like a G [VIDEO]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I don't care if the guy is acting calmly or not,

A) He had no right to intervene with the officer's stop, he wasn't doing anything, and I understand the officers frustrations about this guy.
B) He was looking for his own trouble and should of been arrested. He's lucky he didn't get shot.
C) As soon as I heard he brought a GUN to the scene he put the officer and himself in danger. That's his own stupidity.
D) I disagree about videos like these
E) Those cops were calm and respectful

And you wonder why Officers are disrespectful to you, it's because of people like him. Officers don't know what's what. They have to protect themselves too.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

dude did you watch the video? this guys has every right to do this!
if you would(im assuming you didnt) watch the video he was waved down by the police
to go meet up with them. he didnt delibrately walk up to them. they came after him!
why not open carry? its the #ing law!
he is no moron for doing this! people are morons for not knowing thier rights!
you must be some uptight police officer who would love to throw a guy like this in bars!
ill assume you dont live in the states and that your logic is nill about the rights that they have!

this guy smacked some cops in the face with the law guess you dont like it to m much huh?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I don't care if the guy is acting calmly or not,

A) He had no right to intervene with the officer's stop, he wasn't doing anything, and I understand the officers frustrations about this guy.
B) He was looking for his own trouble and should of been arrested. He's lucky he didn't get shot.
C) As soon as I heard he brought a GUN to the scene he put the officer and himself in danger. That's his own stupidity.

And you wonder why Officers are disrespectful to you, it's because of people like him. Officers don't know what's what. They have to protect themselves too.

hey moron they are cops they should know the law! and why are cops disrespectful?
because some idiot cops dont know what to do with the power they have!
police state is here and they dont like it when we excerse our rights!!
whos to blame?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
reply to post by vermonster

The hell does that have to do with anything? Stay on topic and quit trying to raise people's blood pressure. My point is that idiots who go directly to where officers are with a video camera, making the officer nervous while carrying a sidearm does more to hurt the 2nd amendment than anything. You want to give states and the federal government more reasons to tighten the noose on firearms laws, keep up with these childish and borderline retarded antics. It's going to be real fun when one of these "freedom loving" AAA butt holes gets drawn on and killed by an officer. Will it be worth it then?

You want to argue with a cop over a RANDOM stop due to open carrying, be my guest. This jerk-off has nothing to gripe about, as he approached the officer and stood BEHIND HIM with a firearm exposed and within reach.

100% agree, it's toolbags like this that are going to get themselves killed while hurting the 2nd amendment for everyone else.

If someone walked up on me with a video camera and a side arm, I would absolutely be defensive.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

While I'm all for the guy exercising his rights, walking right up to the car on a traffic stop is idiotic and wrong. That is one quick way to get shot. Just stay where you should and exercise your rights there. I have no love for the police, but it's a dangerous job and they shouldn't have to put up with that stupidity.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
What the hell was Cordova asking if the guy was from North or South Carolina for? What possible difference could that make in the grand scheme of things?

The guy came up on the scene, complied with Cordova's request to step off, and never drew nor brandished his gun. Nor did he act in any sort of threatening manner.

Don't like open carry? Tough. Get Obama to do yet another end run around the Constitution by Executive Order (or Dictatorial Fiat, which is closer to the truth) and outlaw it.

Officer Safety my ass. The mere presence of a holstered firearm in full view is in no way a violation of Officer Safety. Acting in a threatening manner is another story, but not the mere presence. This guy never, EVER acted in a threatening manner.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

So people should not assert their rights?

Is that not what got us into the crap we are in now?

link   

Originally posted by Vrils r cool

dude did you watch the video? this guys has every right to do this!
if you would(im assuming you didnt) he didnt delibrately walk up to them. they came after him!

Actually it looks like you didn't watch the video. He walked up on the cop, quickly and was pretty close with a camera and a firearm.

This guy was looking for trouble. Then the guy started stuttering and acting all nervous while the cop asked him questions.
edit on 13-7-2011 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2011 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Scytherius

stupidity?

this guys is one of the smartest guys in the usa!

being stupid in your wonderful country is walking around with no gun!

oh yea and f*ck the police!
edit on 13-7-2011 by Vrils r cool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

“The carrying of arms in a quiet, peaceable, and orderly manner, concealed on or about the person, is not a breach of the peace. Nor does such an act of itself, lead to a breach of the peace.” (Wharton’s Criminal and Civil Procedure, 12th Ed., Vol.2: Judy v. Lashley, 5 W. Va. 628, 41 S.E. 197)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by AeonStorm

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by Question Fate

Originally posted by vermonster
This is a great example of an American exercising his rights in a police state. He acts calmly even when the officers lie about the law. I think, whether you believe in open carry or not, this is a great example of someone not letting power hungry jackbooted thugs speak like they are anything but, unintelligent underpaid goons.

It's about 10 minutes, enjoy the show.

VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO

ps The City of Santa Fe should be ashamed of the first officer. I doubt his high school diploma is legit.

verm

edit on July 12th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

although pete was in the right, its not a good idea to walk up on a traffic stop out of the blue with a gun. whole situation couldve been handled better on both sides.

You're out walking while open-carrying and you come up on a traffic stop. What do you think a better idea would be, take your gun and toss it into some bushes? Now wouldn't THAT look suspicious?

Doesn't matter if it's a good idea or not - he wasn't breaking any laws.

You're kidding right??? He should have left his weapon is his vehicle if he was planning to talk to the police directly!

Would YOU approach the police with a weapon in plain sight if all you planned to do was to talk to them about their actions??

YOU are kidding, right? Did you even watch the video? Did the cop act like he felt threatened to you? After he walks up on the cop and then backs away as requested, the cop walks to his cruiser with HIS BACK TURNED. Not something someone who felt threatened would do. He just got an itch to be a supreme A-hole and harass this guy after the fact.

And yes, I would. And I have.

Yes I watched this video!

The police officer was concerned about HIS safety! He mentioned that multiple times! That's why the man was was approached. I garuntee that the officer was concerned because seemingly out of no-where this person started filming him (with a gun in tote!).

I would be concerned also as there may well be an ulterior motive other then filming ... especially if that person was open-carrying a weapon .... However afterwards, if the man showed he had no ill intent, I would have let him go just as the LEO did!

Also I would have asked for ID also in case something happened. I think the one police officer explained this clearly.

I think that the officers acted professionally.

-AS-
edit on 13-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

. . .

I do agree that he should not have walked up on the scene. He should have kept his distance.

Arrested for . . .?

And lucky he did not get shot? Because he obviously presented a breach of peace, right?

Open carry. Look it up.

2nd Amendment. Look it up.

You disagree with videos of people asserting their rights?

I agree there. Besides the fact that they were wrong in their whole premise, and do not understand NM state law, they were quite calm and respectful, which should be applauded.

And you wonder why Officers are disrespectful to you, it's because of people like him. Officers don't know what's what. They have to protect themselves too

That is grasping for straws. At no time did the original officer, or the second officer look, sound, or act threatened.

The first officer continued the traffic stop. He then turned his back on the camera man. He then got in his cruiser and sat there. He then pulled up right next to the camera man.

During the questioning, both officers were standing in a non-defensive position. Their shoulders and hips were squared. If the officers felt threatened, or feared for their safety, their bodies language would show as such. Shoulders would not be squared. Hand would be resting on their firearm. Their firearm side would be slightly behind their off-hand side. The primary officer seems really relaxed until the back up shows up. Then he backs off and his body language turns defensive. Meanwhile, the second officer does not turn defensive. His body language shows aggressive.
edit on 7/13/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If I was the officer and he walked up on me like that, I would of drew my weapon out, tell to get down on the ground, secure him, place him in the back of the cruiser, call for backup, finish my original stop, and get his ID. Those officers were way to lenient on him. They should of tackled him to the ground seeing as he didn't want to comply with a simple ID request.

*You want to be part of the action, there you got it.

*Now what would of happened if the officer drew out his weapon, what would this schmuck do? Draw his weapon on the officer? Then you have the western shoot out coral going.

I'm all for your rights and all, but you lose those rights once you start intervening with officers.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

If I was the officer and he walked up on me like that, I would of drew my weapon out, tell to get down on the ground, secure him, place him in the back of the cruiser, call for backup, finish my original stop, and get his ID.

So you would have exhibited deadly force on someone NOT breaking the law.

And cops wonder why people hate them.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I don't care if the guy is acting calmly or no

Because you've committed yourself to paranoia already.

It's public property, meaning his taxes pay for that officer's immediate property and salary. It's his right.

He was exercising his right to act, not your non-right to not feel offended. And if you can't retain your composure while being a law enforcement officer, knowing people can open carry or participate in public property, quit and go live in your bubble. There's no reason a person who can't even control himself should be controlling other people.

No. That's your hoplophobia being injected into the situation.

Because they serve the public. It's their job to not bite the hand that feeds them.

And you wonder why Officers are disrespectful to you, it's because of people like him.

Again, if you can't handle the anxiety that people can carry or the uncertainty, stay at home inside your bubble, you don't have the mental fortitude required to carry a firearm.

There's absolutely no reason why anyone should disagree with the video owner's actions unless you're watching it with your feelings: Man with gun approaches another man with gun. Viewer feels anxious.

No. Man who hasn't committed a crime, happens to be carrying a gun lawfully, approaches public servant holding his camera without any noticeable hostility apart from the statist preconception that all guns are evil.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Nice video, good catch.
This is the way everyone should handle themselves.
The gentleman with the video camera exercises his rights well, and is aware of the laws he needs to abide by in regard to this particular situation. The police acted rationally and without prejudice and were polite and well mannered the entire time of this video taping.

These cops were good cops, so any cop bashing on this thread holds no merit at all.
Yes maybe a lie was purposely told in reference to the officer stating that the gentleman needed to produce id. But what a lot of people don`t get is that cops are often targeted simply because they are cops. Police officers want and deserve to go home to their families at the end of their shifts just like everyone else does. I don`t have a problem with these guys asking to see ids even if you aren`t required by law to produce one. The gentleman with the video camera walked away and they knew that he had every right to so they did not stop him. If checking a few extra ids gives them a little extra peace of mind then I don`t have a problem with a white lie that could potentially save a life.

That being said I totally understand both sides of the equation. A man has rights and a man may exercise his rights anytime anywhere. The police have a very tough job and it is completely understandable that the officer involved with the traffic stop may have had his heart rate increased as he saw a man with a gun approaching the scene. I think everyone acted completely rational and handled themselves well.

What can be done to avoid these situations?
Simple, more people should carry.
If more people carried, the cops would have less to worry about.
Good people without ill intentions far outweigh the bad, hands down every time.
If a nutjob with a gun had entered this same particular situation you better believe this cameraman would`ve backed those same cops up all the way because good guys always stand together and in this video they were all good guys,

We have a bunch of messed up systems in this world. We need to get back to a much simpler place and everyone will be much happier. Most people are good. Its information that causes problems. And when information can be manipulated for profit or some other personal gains you get a screwed up world. Don`t blame the cops that just want to keep people free from violence and abuse, they have to write tickets and stuff too, its their job. Don`t blame the guy exercising his rights, he`s making a stand and he is 100% right as well.

Star and a flag for the op, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

If I was the officer and he walked up on me like that, I would of drew my weapon out, tell to get down on the ground, secure him, place him in the back of the cruiser, call for backup, finish my original stop, and get his ID. Those officers were way to lenient on him. They should of tackled him to the ground seeing as he didn't want to comply with a simple ID request.

*You want to be part of the action, there you got it.

*Now what would of happened if the officer drew out his weapon, what would this schmuck do? Draw his weapon on the officer? Then you have the western shoot out coral going.

I'm all for your rights and all, but you lose those rights once you start intervening with officers.

And your ass would be another hot new topic thread about how cops infringe upon our rights.

He never interveened.....he stepped away when told to do so. Incrediably compliant. Then what happens...?
The cop gets in his cruiser and FOLLOWS HIM!!!! Yeah, really felt threatened there right? Sounds like this officer was hoping to get his gun off.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Regardless of what else I have said in this thread, I do just want to say, I love how this guy just.... Walks away from the cops.... and they stand there dumb founded..... Some how... That is great to me....

I mean..... How awesome is that?

Who is brave enough to do that? I'm not even sure if I would be brave enough to stand up to the cop like that.... Let alone walk away.... Here is how it would go with me.

Officer: Sir, I need to see your ID
Me: but I broke no law
Officer: You came up on me with that gun
Me: *tears* Ok...
Officer: Now give me 50 bucks
Me: *Sigh* Ok.....
Officer: Now.... Go away.
Me: ......Ok

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

you my friend are a complete idiot and bashing someone for using his rights!

second line

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by csulli456

. . .

These cops were good cops, so any cop bashing on this thread holds no merit at all.
. . .

I whole-heartedly agree. Kudos to those cops, even if their intentions were misguided.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join