It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy Open Carries and Handles it like a G [VIDEO]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'm truly shocked by the possessiveness of the first officer...

STAGE 1 from 0 to 2 "MY DOLL"
www2.scholastic.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The look on the officers face when he started walking away was PRICELESS!!

hahahahahahahah

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Yeah, I mean good for him and all but if It were me on that traffic stop(I'm not a cop BTW) I'd be wanting to know why some guy just walked up with a handgun and a video camera.

The big bald cop seemed to be the more level headed of the two, but none of them seemed to pick up on the fact that if this guys filming us he's clearly trying to see if we are doing our jobs right.

And scrolling along the bottom of the vid was a message saying that police are allowed to lie to obtain consent by court order. Not saying that's right, but they were doing what they were allowed to do.

And this guy is claiming his reason for walking up to a cop with a gun, though he is legally allowed to do so, is to make sure his girlfriend was okay. So what if she wasn't? He was going to double tap the cop?

This was silly.

Also talking on a mobile phone while driving has been an offense for years. It's bloody dangerous and irresponsible. The cop was in the right.
edit on 13-7-2011 by BoneMosaic because: bollocks

edit on 13-7-2011 by BoneMosaic because: blerghy

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

Nice find. Good OP.

We all should handle ourselves that way with LEO's. Too bad they can't handle themselves any better. They could begin by learning the law.... if it even is the case that they don't know it. I think they knew they were outside of their legal bounds, or they would have pressed the issue when he left.

So, if they knew that he did not have to present an ID, why did they continue to lie to him and say that he did.... to the point of threatening him with further action there along the street? IMO, they were harassing him.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BoneMosaic

Yeah, I mean good for him and all but if It were me on that traffic stop(I'm not a cop BTW) I'd be wanting to know why some guy just walked up with a handgun and a video camera.
I understand what you mean, but I would bet that different police organizations there have lobbied against the open carry law in NM. That is what those organizations do.

Too bad. It is the law in NM, and the LEO's just have to deal with it.... Without trampling the rights of law abiding citizens.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There is a certain unspoken basic tenet to being armed.
That is NEVER flirt with situations which could possibly be misconstrued.Never apear aggressive towards any one LEOs especially.
Being armed means one must be respectful and considerate of the situations that fact puts others in.
Being armed is is a right, but carrying safely, considerately is a duty thats paramount.
If you want respect you give respect.Consideration for others keeps "accidents "from happening.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
There is a certain unspoken basic tenet to being armed.
That is NEVER flirt with situations which could possibly be misconstrued.Never apear aggressive towards any one LEOs especially.
Being armed means one must be respectful and considerate of the situations that fact puts others in.
Being armed is is a right, but carrying safely, considerately is a duty thats paramount.
If you want respect you give respect.Consideration for others keeps "accidents "from happening.
I bet the officer really felt threatened. The guy was busy videotaping the entire time.

Think about this.... If the guy was a BAD guy, like they were insinuating, he probably would not have been doing an open carry with that gun. The cop would not have seen it. And, if he was a bad guy, he could have drilled the cop in the back of the head with a previously concealed weapon. That's what bad people do.
edit on 13-7-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto

I'm not here defending porky pig or their ignorance in the matter. I am defending COMMON SENSE.

Fyi these days it is common sense to grap a camera and go film cops. Also it's pretty common sense to carry a weapon too.
to you.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

We don't live in a police state.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I wouldn't say he handled it like a G but he was smart about it. Know your rights and do not let them cops f@ck with you cause they will and we all know it. I carry nearly everywhere I go and have never been hassled like that, but I also do not walk up on a stop like that if he would have kept his distance in the first place nothing would have happened I bet.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
That is just so sick! gotta love when a person can find a way peacefully and respectfully to stand up for their rights. Also I bet you anything that second goon was for intimidation.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well, the guy was looking for trouble. Sure, it is legal to open carry there, but lets be honest, the guy was looking for trouble. He was lucky and did not find anything other than a couple of cops who don't know gun laws very well.

He could have gotten hurt, he risked his girlfriends life to.

That said, I mean.... I guess it is great that he knows his rights and laws.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well having carried a gun both open and concealed for 20 plus years in 4 states I'd say this Guy and these people who are going out INTENDING on confronting police are doing Mitford attention. Here in GA I open carry daily look professional and conduct myself in the same manner. I have yet to have a negative encounter

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is great. Could have gone bad if the cops had decided to be tough. Looks to me like they knew they were caught in a lie about having to produce ID, because they didn't push the issue when he asked "is it the law?" Kind of like they were dumb struck.

Awesome video though. Peaceful non-compliance is the way to go. If only things worked this smoothly all the time.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
In my humble opinion this man is a true American Hero.
Not the fake wannabe heros who kill innocent civilians in a foriegn land mind you, but a REAL
American HERO!!!

This guy is actually defending our constitution and beating back the overreaching hands of oppression with a simple act such as this. If only everyone had the BALLS to stand up to the oppressors like this.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Ha! that was priceless...I wondered what they talked about as he was walking away? I have a feeling they were both second guessing what they told the guy that revolve around his rights...or...where do you wanno go for lunch

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
Ha! that was priceless...I wondered what they talked about as he was walking away? I have a feeling they were both second guessing what they told the guy that revolve around his rights...or...where do you wanno go for lunch
Well, I'm not a lip-reader, but I swear I saw this word come out......

Doughnuts!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If the cops are REAL cops, then you can do that. They would understand the law, and respect the freedoms of the citizens. I think what these cops (in the video) do on an average basis is just get over on citizens who don't really know their rights, but if they come across those who do know then they will abide.

If they were crooked, his ass would've been deemed a domestic terrorist and been thrown in the brig forever. Places like Atlanta in my area would do that. Never have I ever seen a guy without a badge open carry in Atlanta. It's because all of the citizens know the cops are drunk with power and will throw the book at you for literally nothing. I guess it will stop when we make it stop, huh?

The day will come.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I love the first video. Cops are public servants and should act as such. If you cannot take the LEGAL LAWS.. i.e. open carry perhaps you should have not gotten into law enforcement... or you should go to a state where there is no open carry. They admitted in the video that they usually stop people that open carry.. that totally ucking defeats the purpose of open carry.

Imagine if every citizen was carrying a gun (in their legal bounds in the state)? Would the cop be one step to the edge every second that he his on beat?

Good on the citizen, boo on the cops for lying. If the cop did not feel comfortable (which he did not) he could have just left after ticketing the chick. Pretty simple....

I think civil servants forget who pays them....

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
EXERCISING Rights is what keeps them healthy.

People like the guy in the video aren't looking for trouble, they are reminding and schooling our public servants in OUR rights and their LIMITS.

By him doing this, the cops will reacqauint themselves with the law, or learn it and will think twice about overstepping the rights of citizens open carrying, video recording and lawfully withholding ID in the future.

He was doing a public service.

That trouble could come from what he did - which was a lawful exercise of rights - just means that rights have been eroded, not tbat he was 'looking for trouble'.

Ever heard of 'beating the bounds'? Similar principle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join