It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy Open Carries and Handles it like a G [VIDEO]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
it's great to see citizens hold cops accountable with cameras and what not, but it would be better for everyone if more tact was used. these videos are starting to be less holding them accountable and more of a baiting tactic. you think your rights are bad now, just wait till there is no more open carry. use tact and conceal it, common sense.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
reply to post by vermonster

The hell does that have to do with anything? Stay on topic and quit trying to raise people's blood pressure. My point is that idiots who go directly to where officers are with a video camera, making the officer nervous while carrying a sidearm does more to hurt the 2nd amendment than anything. You want to give states and the federal government more reasons to tighten the noose on firearms laws, keep up with these childish and borderline retarded antics. It's going to be real fun when one of these "freedom loving" AAA butt holes gets drawn on and killed by an officer. Will it be worth it then?

You want to argue with a cop over a RANDOM stop due to open carrying, be my guest. This jerk-off has nothing to gripe about, as he approached the officer and stood BEHIND HIM with a firearm exposed and within reach.

Can you explain to me how what you are saying is any different than what police do themselves?

I can not begin to explain how many times I have been pulled over and I am going through the routine with no problems at all, and then the cop's buddies decide to show up and see what is going on. They have no problem standing behind me armed. So what makes it ok for police officers to do it but not private citizens even though it is legal for both?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I'm all for the 2nd amendment and an individual's autonomy, but he KNOWINGLY approached a single officer on a traffic stop and stood out of that officer's view with a sidearm on his hip. Legal or not, this guy is an idiot.

This man's actions haven't helped anyone. He's just another self-righteous idiot doing more harm than good.
edit on 12-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

agreed. The guy just wasted the officer's time. He thinks he's cool for exercising his rights, but if i was a cop the guy would be on my suspicious alert, and I would have investigated it as well. In the end no harm was done, but would people honestly have had this handled with less concern on the cops?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Dude! I can understand the right to open-carry and that's cool! But if you are "supposedly called" to a traffic stop by your girl friend WHILE she is in the middle of being stopped by police (on whatever charge) and you admit that ....

Sorry, but f I was a LEO I would be extremely disturbed by that fact that the person who was "called to witness the situation" was open-carrying, I would be looking out for me!

I too would be suspicious as that person may have been called to act upon ulterior motives!

I, in no way, think that most of the controversial situations that have taken place between LEO's and citizens (as posted on ATS) in the past should be disregarded but in THIS particular case I believe that the officers were in their right to act as they did. I certainly would have done the same.

Peace,

-AS-

ETA: I do not like how far the "police state' has come .... but this video does not show anything (in my mind) that could be considered unlawful.
edit on 13-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: typo + structure

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

But dont you get the point? Open carrying is legal. Its his right.

Only by exercising rights do you get to keep them, and only by exercising them are the Police reminded its lawful. Imagine if everyone took your advice and open carrying was so rare the cops had no idea it was legal, so they assume its illegal and act accordingly, more and more.

Then its a short and easy step to take away the right in law, after all no one uses it (they're all being 'tactful') and the cops are against it and 'uncomfortable' with it (because they're not used to it, because its rare).

You have to exercise rights to keep them. Or see them eroded one by one.

edit on 13-7-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

I disagree with your assessment. It is very dangerous being a police officer. That uniform makes you an automatic target for anyone with a tude.

You are never going to live in a society that does not need police officers. Even if Ron Paul becomes President and Gold is made the only currency and everyone openly carries gigantic handguns....and every libertarian fantasy becomes fact you are still going to need police officers.

Most police officers are very professional.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram
reply to post by wingsfan

Only by exercising rights do you get to keep them, and only by exercising them are the Police reminded its lawful. Imagine if everyone took your advice and open carrying was so rare the cops had no idea it was legal, so they assume its illegal and act accordingly, more and more.

Then its a short and easy step to take away the right in law, after all no one uses it (they're all being 'tactful') and the cops are against it and 'uncomfortable' with it (because they're not used to it, because its rare).

edit on 13-7-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

I agree with you 100% The cop is basically crying like a baby because he feels uncomfortable with a citizen walking around with a gun (perfectly legal). Someone feeling uncomfortable and unlawful are two totally different things. He got in the wrong line of work.. IMO. See how his hand is resting on his gun near the end of the video?

Yet it is fine by cops & ignorant sheeple that cops walk around with many weapons and sometimes cameras and mics, but OH NOOOOOOOO it is terrible when a citizen does it.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'm highly disturbed by those who just seem to hate police no matter what they do.

It's almost like a trend!

I've had multiple encounters with police and each time I found that I WAS in the wrong.

I've also heard stories of encounters with the police where the police are blatantly out of line. (This case is not one of those encounters.)

We must not become polarized in this situation and look at the actions of the police as what they are. Is it logical and within the law? Or are the actions of certain policemen in total disregard of the law?

We should not have a predisposition of law enforcement. There are many good LEO's who follow their mandate and there are those who do not either understand the law and/or decided not to follow the law.

ETA: I'm not a LEO.
edit on 13-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: typo + added + eta + bold

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

I'm truly shocked by the possessiveness of the first officer...

STAGE 1 from 0 to 2 "MY DOLL"
www2.scholastic.com...

Probably a Marine, they taught us that when dealing with "things" they become "ours."

I would feel concern too if I was that cop and observed an armed man approach my scene. The main mistake the cops made was reengaging the man after the first cop initially let him go. The supervisor came over to check the guy out probably because the fist cop is confused and concerned about the man open carrying.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

I'm truly shocked by the possessiveness of the first officer...

STAGE 1 from 0 to 2 "MY DOLL"
www2.scholastic.com...

Probably a Marine, they taught us that when dealing with "things" they become "ours."

I would feel concern too if I was that cop and observed an armed man approach my scene. The main mistake the cops made was reengaging the man after the first cop initially let him go. The supervisor came over to check the guy out probably because the fist cop is confused and concerned about the man open carrying.

Can I ask why you thought it was a mistake for the police to re-engage the man? Is it because he walked away after the initial stop? Is there a reason why this man would not be a person-of-interest after his initial contact with the police?

(an honest question)

Peace,

-AS-
edit on 13-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

don't get me wrong, I agree with you. I'm just not to sure taking the argument to the police is the best practice. if this guy was walking and minding his business and they questioned him, then by all means SCHOOL that cop. but injecting yourself into thier actual stops is not the classiest way to represent the movement.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Mizzijr....I and lot's of people opencarry all over Atlanta every day..no problems...we have pretty good gun laws and most all county and city Leo comply

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I'm all for the 2nd amendment and an individual's autonomy, but he KNOWINGLY approached a single officer on a traffic stop and stood out of that officer's view with a sidearm on his hip. Legal or not, this guy is an idiot.

This man's actions haven't helped anyone. He's just another self-righteous idiot doing more harm than good.
edit on 12-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

True as it is, unless we have idiots like this going out on the streets and making in essence a "training" video (which is how i viewed that) no one is going to know how to properly handle a situation with local law enforcement.

I do agree he was an idiot, but thanks to that idiot i now have a better grasp on handling situations such as.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate

Originally posted by vermonster
This is a great example of an American exercising his rights in a police state. He acts calmly even when the officers lie about the law. I think, whether you believe in open carry or not, this is a great example of someone not letting power hungry jackbooted thugs speak like they are anything but, unintelligent underpaid goons.

It's about 10 minutes, enjoy the show.

VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO

ps The City of Santa Fe should be ashamed of the first officer. I doubt his high school diploma is legit.

verm

edit on July 12th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

although pete was in the right, its not a good idea to walk up on a traffic stop out of the blue with a gun. whole situation couldve been handled better on both sides.

You're out walking while open-carrying and you come up on a traffic stop. What do you think a better idea would be, take your gun and toss it into some bushes? Now wouldn't THAT look suspicious?

Doesn't matter if it's a good idea or not - he wasn't breaking any laws.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Why is this even an issue still?

Why makes laws for open carry when its such a big issue for the cops?

Why have the second amendment when so many Americans dont even understand the reason for it?

It should be pretty simple and straight forward, but everyone wants to muddle the issue for their own Personal reasons.

Peoples personal reasons dont MATTER in a Constitutional Republic in regard to Peoples Rights. There should be no debate over Unalienable Rights. Who cares what other People think in other Nations about it. It doesnt concern them. The US has pandered to these 'others' for way to long.

If you dont like Unalienable Rights, then why are you still in the US to begin with. Move somewhere else were you have no Rights, and are under the boot of the Government. Many Americans desire this.

You cant vote out Peoples Rights, this is not a Democracy with Mob Rule as its Chief. Its a Republic with Unalienable Rights. Get over it, or leave.
edit on 13-7-2011 by HermitShip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

This is a great example of an American exercising his rights in a police state. He acts calmly even when the officers lie about the law. I think, whether you believe in open carry or not, this is a great example of someone not letting power hungry jackbooted thugs speak like they are anything but, unintelligent underpaid goons.

VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO

ps The City of Santa Fe should be ashamed of the first officer. I doubt his high school diploma is legit.

verm

although pete was in the right, its not a good idea to walk up on a traffic stop out of the blue with a gun. whole situation couldve been handled better on both sides.

You're out walking while open-carrying and you come up on a traffic stop. What do you think a better idea would be, take your gun and toss it into some bushes? Now wouldn't THAT look suspicious?

You're kidding right??? He should have left his weapon is his vehicle if he was planning to talk to the police directly!

Would YOU approach the police with a weapon in plain sight if all you planned to do was to talk to them about their actions??

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

He has the right, and he can do it every single day. Are you suggesting unless he approaches a police officer while doing his job on a stop is what is required to keep his rights? Essentially waving a gun in his face saying "I get to keep this exposed on my person!".. is what he needs to continue to do so? Ridiculous.

If people continued to do things like this fellow, how long do you think it would be before the laws were looked at? No.. it's NOT the right way to go about showing your rights.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Am i the only one who see's this idiot with the handgun as slightly being in the wrong, if i was a cop doing my underpaid job and some idiot stood behind me with a handgun he'd be dead. Only thing that saved his life was the camera. Its stupid # like this that will get your guns tooken away. Then again I live in Canada in a town of about 50,000 where theres been 2 shootings in 10 years, so I dont beleive in your right to bear arms. If you can rightfully carry a gun, so can all the psychos. And whats your pidly handgun gonna do against the real killers who are packin Mac-10's and M-16's, normal people dont buy Automatic weapons to protect there families, so why should the psychos have acess to them? The worst part is how you actually say fully automatic weapons and large clips are for anything other than killing allot of people quickly. But i wouldnt know what im talking about, i only live in a country thats had almost zero school or public shootings. All i know is i can walk around and mouth off whoever i want without having to ever worry about being shot, maybe punched in the face but the bruise will go away. Besides, if you ever do get in a situation like Civial war, or China attacking, there just gonna waiste you all with bio and chemical weapons before you even figure out what that sound comign from the sky is. So dont give me that tired old argument. Guns will always take more lives then they save Period.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

it's NOT the right way to go about showing your rights.

Well thankfully there are no Councils that decide subjectively the right way of showing our Rights. And the reason why carrying a gun around Police is so that if they take your rights away you can defend yourself. Which is legal by the way.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO

verm

You're kidding right??? He should have left his weapon is his vehicle if he was planning to talk to the police directly!

Would YOU approach the police with a weapon in plain sight if all you planned to do was to talk to them about their actions??

YOU are kidding, right? Did you even watch the video? Did the cop act like he felt threatened to you? After he walks up on the cop and then backs away as requested, the cop walks to his cruiser with HIS BACK TURNED. Not something someone who felt threatened would do. He just got an itch to be a supreme A-hole and harass this guy after the fact.

And yes, I would. And I have.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join