It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy Open Carries and Handles it like a G [VIDEO]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This is a great example of an American exercising his rights in a police state. He acts calmly even when the officers lie about the law. I think, whether you believe in open carry or not, this is a great example of someone not letting power hungry jackbooted thugs speak like they are anything but, unintelligent underpaid goons.

It's about 10 minutes, enjoy the show.

VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO

ps The City of Santa Fe should be ashamed of the first officer. I doubt his high school diploma is legit.

verm

edit on July 12th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
lol 2 years ago i was pulled over by a sheriff for a liscense plate light bieng out,him and his partner came from both sides they peeked in the truck then proceeded to explain to me why i was pulled over,him and his partner walked back to their vehicle and wrote the fix-it-ticket or whatever,when they came back for some reason they asked if i had any weapons in the car,i said yes my .44 bulldog was on the dash the entire time so these morons asked me out of the car and sat me on the curb,then cuffed me stating that it was illegal for me to be in possession of a handgun because i was 19,boy did i school them,i was well aware that in AZ it is legal for you to own a handgun at 18 as long as it was gifted or obtained through a private sale,we argued for 25 minutes until the deputy actually asked the dispatcher..a few minutes later she told him what i had been saying for the entire half our..They immediately uncuffed me,apologized,PATTED ME ON THE BACK and still gave me the god damn ticket lol
edit on 12-7-2011 by VicDiaz89 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster
This is a great example of an American exercising his rights in a police state. He acts calmly even when the officers lie about the law. I think, whether you believe in open carry or not, this is a great example of someone not letting power hungry jackbooted thugs speak like they are anything but, unintelligent underpaid goons.

It's about 10 minutes, enjoy the show.

VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO

ps The City of Santa Fe should be ashamed of the first officer. I doubt his high school diploma is legit.

verm

edit on July 12th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

although pete was in the right, its not a good idea to walk up on a traffic stop out of the blue with a gun. whole situation couldve been handled better on both sides.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

thats solid brother. good man.

don't take any guff from those swine

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
"You come onto my scene..."
^ x1000 = the first officer's only argument.

I would have asked them to present their IDs. And when they didn't I would have walked away.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
One thing this guy shouldn't have done is walk straight up to the car. In that respect I understand the cop. Who knows what kind or nut job that guy could have been. Now I believe this guy handle the situation well. He was polite and did not let them get the upper hand.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
That was a great video....more power to the guy with the camera. We should all know our laws like he does, I hope he really is from South Carolina as stated in the video, makes me proud!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
1 word
owned

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I could probably watch videos like this all day and not get bored. 10 mins well spent laughing. Thanks for the post.

+52 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I'm all for the 2nd amendment and an individual's autonomy, but he KNOWINGLY approached a single officer on a traffic stop and stood out of that officer's view with a sidearm on his hip. Legal or not, this guy is an idiot.

This man's actions haven't helped anyone. He's just another self-righteous idiot doing more harm than good.
edit on 12-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate

although pete was in the right, its not a good idea to walk up on a traffic stop out of the blue with a gun. whole situation couldve been handled better on both sides.

a "good idea"

why is it not a good idea?

was pete in violation of the law? no, he was not.

I think police have gotten way too comfortable. Imagine if 1 in 5 people that officer came into contact with everyday carried a gun.

Pete walked up to his girlfriends car who had a man with a gun at her window.

Checks and Balances

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Sorry but I have to get excited...

Open carry guy for the mutha ****in WIN!!!
LMAO
Played, HARD!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto

This man's actions haven't helped anyone. He's just another self-righteous idiot doing more harm than good.
edit on 12-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

Is that you doing "good" in your profile pic?

this guy is no idiot, watch your mouth.
edit on 12-7-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

The hell does that have to do with anything? Stay on topic and quit trying to raise people's blood pressure. My point is that idiots who go directly to where officers are with a video camera, making the officer nervous while carrying a sidearm does more to hurt the 2nd amendment than anything. You want to give states and the federal government more reasons to tighten the noose on firearms laws, keep up with these childish and borderline retarded antics. It's going to be real fun when one of these "freedom loving" AAA butt holes gets drawn on and killed by an officer. Will it be worth it then?

You want to argue with a cop over a RANDOM stop due to open carrying, be my guest. This jerk-off has nothing to gripe about, as he approached the officer and stood BEHIND HIM with a firearm exposed and within reach.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
That was awesome, they tried their hardest, epic fail... lol.

On the flip side you have to give a little credit, just a tiny bit, to those officers regardless how dumb they are.

In my state esp. New Orleans if you were to walk up to a cop car with a camera and gun, they would draw on you instantly or shoot.

But thats how you talk to the popo brah, keep that composure and know your laws and rights.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

i think this guy has balls for what he did.

he was not in the wrong...he was not breaking the law by being in porky pigs "scene"

he is a true patriot. he is at home, protecting his people and THEIR RIGHTS....not off being used as a military pawn for Henry Kissinger like so many idiots.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
believe me,through my experience i know that an officer NEVER wants to admit he or she is wrong..NEVER.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I F********!!!! hate these pigs!!!! Im sorry to say thhat this is my home state of New Mexico. He is lucky he was in Santa Fe and not in Albuquerque. APD woulda shot him already.

+27 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Again you take a passive-aggressive swipe at me on a completely unrelated subject. You must feel so good knowing how righteous and all-knowing you are. I take it you are from Vermont from your name. You are doing so much to help this world by sitting back bitching about Henry Kissinger from your armchair and assumabley air-conditioned home.

I'm not here defending porky pig or their ignorance in the matter. I am defending COMMON SENSE. There are many good LEO's in the world, and you would certainly not enjoy living in this country without them. Many have been killed in the line of duty over much less. If an officer is making a routine traffic stop and someone decides to park their car, walk over directly behind him and has a weapon in reach, should he just keep his back turned?

Time to come back to reality, everything isn't such a picture-perfect black and white, right and wrong scenario as you seem to picture it in your head. Furthermore, you make assumptions about people and situations you obviously know NOTHING about. I hope it's enjoyable living in your own little world where you know everything.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Thumbs up to this guy. He didnt let his rights get trampled on and remained amazingly calm the entire time. (I also have to note it was a very civil discussion between both parties, no shouting and hollering at eachother)

I also have to say the officers remained amazingly calm to. I was expecting the officers were going to get hostile and start shouting orders at him. (literally shouting, at the tops of their lungs) They did try to be a little tricky, but they still remained pretty calm.
edit on 13-7-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join