It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Celestial Object seen from Hawaii Observatory, time lapse and very cool!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This has been discussed in the Comet Elenin is Coming thread. Check the last page. Anyway, got egg on my face from Phage on this(par for the course, but always fun) He said it was the moon.

Forced me to figure if that was true. The object in the video rises at 3:08 on May 29 2011. Check the moon rising over Hawaii time on this link. It's the exact time.
Proved it enough for me.

www.ifa.hawaii.edu...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory

Originally posted by Trueman
Everybody knows stellarium. Mention the software doesn't support the statement. Load it and take a pic with snipping tool can support you.

OK, seeing as you are too damn lazy to check yourself, I will do as you ask. Patience while I do the pic and upload.

st.

Well, it's sunday brother...haha. Besides that, wasn't me to open the mouth to say "It's the moon". Thanks.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Everybody knows stellarium. Mention the software doesn't support the statement. Load it and take a pic with snipping tool can support you.

There you go. Location I chose was Honolulu, as shown in the bottom left.
Date is the 29th May, same as what is shown in the video.

I get the impression you will still find a 'problem' though, because you seem to just want it to be 'Nibiru'.

st.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I also believe it's Jupiter or the Moon. The thing is we should present the evidence to support our statements if it is available, not only mention it. Like "Check stellarium".
edit on 10-7-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

Nah...I do not believe that's Nibiru. Just pushed you to do things in the right way. Good job.

Forgot to say thank you.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
i stand corrected

in the end i found a cool bit of software

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Nah...I do not believe that's Nibiru. Just pushed you to do things in the right way. Good job.

Forgot to say thank you.

Except its not exactly 'the right way', because screen grabs from a piece of software can be faked easily. So I pointed you to the software so you can check for yourself.

Welcome.

st.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory

Forgot to say thank you.

Except its not exactly 'the right way', because screen grabs from a piece of software can be faked easily. So I pointed you to the software so you can check for yourself.

Welcome.st.

Yeah, that's true, the image can be fake too. That's why I'm also checking with stellarium (as you recommend). By the way, your pic seems to be from may, not july.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Yeah, that's true, the image can be fake too. That's why I'm also checking with stellarium (as you recommend). By the way, your pic seems to be from may, not july.

Yes the pic is based on the date of May 29th, as I mentioned. That is the same date shown on the bottom right corner of the youtube video posted.

st.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Good eye.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
What I find suspicious is that "Jupiter" moves along with the "Moon".
edit on 10-7-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

What I don't understand is that if you don't even know enough about basic astronomy to know that all celestial objects appear to follow the same approximate path through the sky during a night, then what are you doing contributing a technical opinion without researching it first? The last thing needed here is more misinformation for the masses to gobble up.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Any idea what that is at 0.20 that pops up at shoots to the left?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb

What I don't understand is that if you don't even know enough about basic astronomy to know that all celestial objects appear to follow the same approximate path through the sky during a night, then what are you doing contributing a technical opinion without researching it first? The last thing needed here is more misinformation for the masses to gobble up.

Errr...that is for stars...due to distance and the rotation of the Earth. For objects within our solar system it's a completely different story. Especially with the Moon.

edit on 12-7-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

That would be a plane leaving Hilo.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

You're right.
The Moon has an average rate of motion across the sky of 14.45º/hour.
The Stars move a little bit faster, 15º/hour.
The Planets wander to varying degrees (to a much less degree than the moon), even reversing direction at times. But, like the Moon, in the space of a couple of hours you wouldn't notice unless you were paying really close attention. But the Moon is so glarey in the video you can't really tell.

cseligman.com...

edit on 7/12/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

As an avid astronomer and someone who practices navigation via celestial objects I am well aware that the moon changes position at different rates than other solar system objects (I have watched it occulting planets and stars many times). However, like Phage said, over the short term it will appear to travel right along side it's neighbors like everything else.

Are you saying that you have calculated the angular velocities of the objects in the video and determined that they do not match the Moon and Jupiter? I'm sorry, I was under the impression you were just tossing an unqualified assumption out there. Can we review your data?

Perhaps we can collaborate. It is a simple matter for me to confirm your data by posting some screen shots from Stellarium showing that the position of the Moon and Jupiter match your data during the time of the video.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

What I find sad is how many people don't understand the basic workings of the solar system, given that it is 2011. I think Galileo turned over in his grave after your post.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99

What I find sad is how many people don't understand the basic workings of the solar system, given that it is 2011. I think Galileo turned over in his grave after your post.
Well forgive me for not knowing that the Moon (an object orbiting around the Earth) would appear to move through the sky on the exact same path as another planet in our solar system. It's basic logic after all.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99

Well forgive me for not knowing that the Moon (an object orbiting around the Earth) would appear to move through the sky on the exact same path as another planet in our solar system. It's basic logic after all.

The Earth spins. I know that blows your mind, but just letting you know. Also, the planets and moon and sun appear to all travel in the sky near to something called the "ecliptic." Enjoy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join