It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's another new one!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well hi!
I've been sneaking about reading this site for years but only just joined today (technically yesterday) now that my insomnia has cranked itself up and I have more views & questions.

So.. the boring parts are:
I just became an ex-student after spending the past year filling my head up with Psychology and History.
I live in Scotland.
I have an almost unhealthy fascination with foxes in an 'I feel a kindred spirit' fashion that makes me wonder how old the milk I put on my cornflakes is.

My reasons for joining, well in all honesty where I am there aren't many people that are interested in alternative/controversial subjects. It makes me twitch at times.
I also have a number of odd traits and physical quirks that (if I feel comfortable!) I'd be interested to hear views on.
I know I could ask the doctors but they always look at me so funny haha.

My main interests are cryptozoology, paranormal, mental illness, out of place artifacts and the good ol' how did we evolve? Did we evolve? What are we? stuff

Anyhow, I have a habit of going on about nothing and everything and my coffee is cold so I shall leave on this.
Thanks and I look forward to talking to you all more

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxySaurus

Hi FoxySaurus, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
welcome, I watched Braveheart for the first time last night

it was awesome

welcome to ats and Im sure we'd all like to hear about your quirks, please share

edit on 9-7-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You seem like a cool person. I hope to see some more post.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Thank you

Aww sorry man, never seen Braveheart haha.
My family is pretty mixed so not full Scottish

I'll probably miss some out but it's just little weird things like half my skeleton being visibly different (not elephant man style just a little haha)
It means I have arthritis pretty much everywhere but it isn't that bad unless it's snowing for some reason.
As for the more annoying, useless, amusing ones,
Half of my jaw is permanently dislocated,
My ligaments in my toes didn't develop right so I can push them down,
and my personal fav, my uvula isn't a normal 'just being there' shape and is instead a piece of skin that goes right across my throat that I can open and close at will

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxySaurus

wow I have never heard of those types of physical quirks but you seem to have an awesome attitude towards them!

I dont see why a doctor would have a prob discussing them though?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

It isn't really all that bad (minus arthritis)
The jaw means I can't eat any chewy stuff a lot but I still do it... doesn't hurt as much if you hold it in with one hand and fill the other up with gummy bears

The throat just feels a little funny, can't hold things in my mouth for long and I get bad coughing fits.
On the plus side I can swim with my mouth open and pick stuff up underwater with my mouth and have no worry of drowning, which will totally come in handy one day right?
Oh actually, throat infections are a nightmare!
Plus it isn't all too obvious anyhow

Just realized I didn't explain the doctors thing,
The looking at me funny comment is because I get ill A LOT haha. They're sick fed up of seeing me and pretty much every time I show up they discover something new and odd.
Luckily my charmer of a doc has gotten used to me and just asks if the 'freaky one' is waiting

edit on 9-7-2011 by FoxySaurus because: Went off on a tangent...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxySaurus
Well hi!
I've been sneaking about reading this site for years but only just joined today (technically yesterday) now that my insomnia has cranked itself up and I have more views & questions.

So.. the boring parts are:
I just became an ex-student after spending the past year filling my head up with Psychology and History.
I live in Scotland.
I have an almost unhealthy fascination with foxes in an 'I feel a kindred spirit' fashion that makes me wonder how old the milk I put on my cornflakes is.

My reasons for joining, well in all honesty Where I am there aren't many people interested in alternative/ controversial subjects. It makes me twitch at times.
I also have a number of odd traits and physical quirks that (if I feel comfortable!) I'd be interested to hear views on.
I know I could ask the doctors but they always look at me so funny haha.

My main interests are cryptozoology, paranormal, mental illness, out of place artifacts and the good ol' how did we evolve? Did we evolve? What are we? stuff

Anyhow, I have a habit of going on about nothing and everything and my coffee is cold so I shall leave on this.
Thanks and I look forward to talking to you all more

There seems to be a few of us on here though, welcome, I'm new too, been lurking for ages, Ok I'm not hijacking your thread

Enjoy your learning

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

Thank you

Haha not ran into many where I am sadly

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxySaurus

Thank you

Haha not ran into many where I am sadly

From what you say it sounds like you're on one of our beautiful but backward islands? Or out in the wilderness. I can kinda understand that. I look forward to you sharing more of your posts.

Cheers,

Ram.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Hi and welcome.

Looking forward to your input on the various topics.

Enjoy

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Nopo

Just a boring town near Dundee/Edinburgh way.
I wish I was back to living in the woods again though!! It would appear where I am it is offensive to other people to have tattoos and piercings on yourself or choose to not wear extremely flammable materials

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Hi there and thank you

Already started commenting away before I made this thread.. got a little carried away

new topics

top topics

join