It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A WARNING from Inuit People: Sun Wrong, Stars Wrong, Earth Tilting On Axis!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Monstertako

The film is about climate change.

Global warming.

It says so in it's synopsis

www.isuma.tv...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

ATS, is fully informative, highly detailed and at times very humerous. So what can I say that helps the present debate ref; Sunset etc.? Not much, but if you have a nearby park or perhaps museum then there's a chance they have a sundial. Supposing such was put in place many years back, it should serve as being useful by checking the shadow at Noon.

A few years back the BBC News team kept showing viewers how Ethiopia was seriously Flooded and residents were starving. Today we hear how Ethiopia is suffering a heavy drought, and yep, the residents are starving. Funds are being raised to help such hungary folk, and rightly so, but if Africa cannot afford food, then how the heck can they keep fighting Wars??

en.wikipedia.org...

Above spells out a long period of Global Droughts etc. So were such forever brought about by 'said junk such as 'Climate Change???' If so then all this planet ever does is swirl around the Sun with Nature doing little to damage such. Carbon Dioxide excess, is all we hear. Why don't our Scientific experts explain how ALGAE alone converts 20billion tons of CO2 into Oxygen every year. ALGAE loves CO2, and the more such shows signs of increase, so too does ALAGE. Therefore the CO2 argument is balanced by nature alone. Now we are being told how Aeroplanes are the problem concerning weather changes and planes started the weather disturbing argument during WW2.

One recent large Earthquake in Chilli is said to have partially helped knock us off balance - axis wise - and so too did Japan. Can see now why one state in Africa have made it illegal to Fart.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Well, the whole film is here, and it seems perfectly legitimate:

www.isuma.tv...

As for not believing them, I can't imagine not believing them, seeing as they live in close synchronicity with their environment. In fact, their survival depends on it. It's not a matter of some kind of magical powers,as was suggested sarcastically by another poster. I think of it like this: If was stuck out there and needed to use the sun, wind, and stars as a guide, I know who I'd pick as a guide.

I don't pretend to have any idea what the hell is going on. Every morning I watch the sun rise northerly now. I watch the moon behaving strangely. But, I can't think of a single cause for it. It's just there.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Are you for real?These people live in total darkness for months of the year.

Total is a very strong word. As much as I would enjoy proving that you are wrong, I just don't feel like taking the time for it right now. I will just say that you are wrong, and it is not even close to "total darkness for months."

Just friendly advice: If you are trying to make someone appear ignorant, by using a phrase such as "Are you for real??," it wouldn't hurt to make sure that you know what you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Too bad most of what these Earth dwelling natives are telling us will be widely ignored by most everyone on the planet...It's sad really, these people who are connected to this Earth more than most. Will be cast aside and touted as the rantings of uneducated toothless arctic dwellers...

WHO WILL SAVE US? IF YOU COULD SAVE US, WOULD YOU?

I'm not so sure that we deserved to be saved!!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

In astronomy, "precession" refers to any of several slow changes in an astronomical body's rotational or orbital parameters, and especially to the Earth's precession of the equinoxes.

Milankovitch theory describes the collective effects of changes in the Earth's movements upon its climate. Basicaly variations in eccentricity, axial tilt, and precession of the Earth's orbit determines climatic patterns on Earth through orbital forcing.

The Earth's axis completes one full cycle of precession approximately every 26,000 years. At the same time the elliptical orbit rotates more slowly. The combined effect of the two precessions leads to a 21,000-year period between the seasons and the orbit. In addition, the angle between Earth's rotational axis and the normal to the plane of its orbit (obliquity) oscillates between 22.1 and 24.5 degrees on a 41,000-year cycle. It is currently 23.44 degrees and decreasing

These changes in movement and orientation change the amount and location of solar radiation reaching the Earth. This is known as solar forcing. Changes near the north polar area, about 65 degrees North, are considered important due to the great amount of land, which reacts to such changes quicker than the oceans do. Land masses respond to temperature change more quickly than oceans which self cool by mixing of surface and deep water, the movement of cool and warm currents and suface evaporation, and the fact that the specific heat of solids is generally lower than that of water, it takes a smaller change in the amount of heat a given mass of a solid contains to change its temperature by the same number of degrees than it would take to change the same mass of water's temperature by the same number of degrees.

So the Inuit are noticing something that has been known by the rest of us for a long time, congrats. All those that are here claiming that the Earth's axis doesn't change are probably the same ones proclaiming great changes to occur in the new age.

You all need to read a bit more.
edit on 8-7-2011 by AusiAnarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AusiAnarchist

The Earth's axis completes one full cycle of precession approximately every 26,000 years.

So the Inuit are noticing something that has been known by the rest of us for a long time, congrats. All those that are here claiming that the Earth's axis doesn't change are probably the same ones proclaiming great changes to occur in the new age.

If you think the Inuit are noticing a change over a generation or two that takes 26000 years to complete, I have some ocean front land near Alice Springs you might be interested in purchasing.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit

The earthquake moved Honshu 2.4 m (8 ft) east and shifted the Earth on its axis by estimates of between 10 cm (4 in) and 25 cm (10 in).[26][27][28]

I think astrologers and astronomers use the same ephemeris. Maybe some astrology buff could clear that up.

Astrologers use one that indicates zodiacal signs, and not particularly with any firm grasp on objective reality.

BTW, you must have missed the earlier posts where it was discussed that the recent earthquake in Japan moved the axis an entire 16cm - or about 1/1000000 of a degree. Somehow, I have the feeling that the Inuit are not picking up on that.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AusiAnarchist

Some need to understand a bit better what they are reading.

As pointed out, the obliquity (tilt) of Earth's axis relative to the Sun, which determines where the sun rises and sets, changes at the rate of about 2.4º in 41,000 years. That is not enough to produce a noticeable change in 1 (or 100) generations.

edit on 7/8/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

This is the post I was replying to:

As much as I'd love to believe that the Inuit people are observationally keen enough to spot subtle changes in the night sky, I'm pretty sure Astronomers all around the globe would be the first to notice.

I did go back and add a little to my post to keep more on-topic, though.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
reply to post by Bedlam

Making assumptions is dumb.

Having no apparent grasp on physics is pretty bad, too.

It's really easy - go get an ephemeris. Look up the rising and setting times for the Sun or Moon, or if you can spot them (I doubt it very sincerely if you think the Earth can just change its tilt axis so radically), the planets. You'll either make the most wonderful conspiracy discovery EVAR, or you'll be sorely disappointed.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by Bedlam

Anyone saying that "NUKES" being set off will tilt the axis of the earth significantly is delusional.

My point exactly. You're replying to the wrong person.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SNAKE13X

While I do agree with your comments regarding the Inuit people, I don't agree that we don't deserve to be saved. Take away the top five percent richest people and corporations from the equation, through WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY, and the rest of the population will get the message right away. Respect nature, respect the environment, and most of all, respect humanity.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Monstertako

Hopefully you are right. But, the more I learn the more I understand that GREED is what will extinguish ALL life on this planet...HOPEFULLY I'M WRONG

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The Inuit said the stars have changed and the place where the sun sets has changed. They didn't give any indication of magnitude. How do you know how keen an Inuits observational skills are? Perhaps the changes they are talking about are small but still observable over a small period of time. You are assuming that the changes are gradual.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AusiAnarchist
The Inuit said the stars have changed and the place where the sun sets has changed. They didn't give any indication of magnitude. How do you know how keen an Inuits observational skills are? Perhaps the changes they are talking about are small but still observable over a small period of time. You are assuming that the changes are gradual.

The changes ARE gradual. It's precession. It's calculable. I didn't mention it because it's a trivial factor - you get about 1 degree of motion per two generations. It's not the sort of thing you could notice with the naked eye over the last few years. It certainly isn't causing the sun to rise an hour early there.

ETA - That's one degree of motion around the precessional circle, not axial tilt. Phage looks like he beat me to it.
edit on 8-7-2011 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AusiAnarchist

The Inuit don't seem to be talking about tiny changes. What ever changes they are talking about do not involve the Earth's axis.

Yes, the changes in the Earth's axis are very are gradual. So gradual that the sun rises on the solstice at the same place it did 3,800 years ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You are talking about precession of the equinoxes, 1º in 72 years. But that does not affect the location of the sunrise or sunset, it affects the relationship of the stars to the Sun. That's one reason astrology is so whacked. It is caused by the rotation of the axis. It is the obliquity, the actual axial tilt, which determines the location of sunrise and sunset.

On that topic I find it odd that one of the Inuit says the Sun rises in the same place it always has but sets in a different location. That's a big "huh?" Makes no sense, even if the axis had tilted.

edit on 7/8/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

what amazes me is that so many people flock to believe what the innuit alledgedly say - i use allegedly - because all we have is subtitles - as unless we undertand thier dialect - they could be saying anything

but i digress

why do people believe statements attributed to the innuit ?

when every prediction by western science for anstronomical events [ many published decades ago ] are all still utterly reliable ?

as an example i give you the transit of venus - in june 2004 - this was predicted with pinpoint accuracy by the astronomes who observed the last transit in 1882 [ they even wondered what society and sciernce would be like in the 21st century ]

more recently - this years lunar eclipse happened exactly as predicted

the second transit of venus will be in 2012 - and i bet the 1882 predictions will be accurate

so where is the pole shift ???

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join