It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: 4,000 Potential Phone Hacking Victims

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
News Of The World closing and last edition on Sunday, oh well, so long and thanks for all the Tits. Though oddly thesunonsunday.co.uk and thesunonsunday.com were registered by persons unknown 2 days ago.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Looks like Rebekah Brooks has set up a new career -

edit on 7-7-2011 by torsion because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2011 by torsion because: message hacked

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Coulson to be arrested tomorrow: www.guardian.co.uk...

I'm just praying that it can be proven that "Dave" Cameron knew what Coulson was up to. Imagine if Coulson was authorising the hacking of politicians' phones at the time and subsequently feeding it to Cameron, which he then used to his advantage? He'd be a goner, surely. I wish I was a journalist at the Guardian/Mirror/Independent - I'd be working round the clock to try and nail Cameron on this whole affair.

It's times like this that I wish Ed Balls won the Labour leadership contest - he'd be barging into various TV and radio stations right now hammering "Dave" on this. Ed Miliband is just too weak and isn't capitalising on this as well as he shoud be.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Ya...I can understand...why you think it may be paranoia....I considered that myself...but...that may not be...they may be really listening.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
There is by far much more to this, the police have been embarrassed as not so long ago this was their forte and secret service alone..it's called phone-tapping!

Granted, they would have to go to a magistrate to allow them to proceed blah blah...suspicion..blah blah.
Ask Berlusconi
he likes to 'phone a lot! better still ask why you get e-mail asking about your current condition.

There is nothing recently new about this, more about what we discern as acceptable, but which is actually completely out of our power.

A George Orwell quote,

"To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again: and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself. That was the ultimate subtlety: consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word 'doublethink' involved the use of doublethink."

1984, perhaps a popular date for the rise of the internet, I'm not even sure if Orwell hugged 1984 in a digital way, which is the real 1984. Doesn't matter, the quote above is basically about directed hypocrisy, a bit like telling your son not to pull his carrot as it will make you go blind. (sometimes I think that Orwell was having a 'German rotary engine'] when he wrote that!
Anyway, why should we be like David Cameron a prime minister, Shocked and stunned about this? more like David Cameron should be stocked and shunned.

edit on 7-7-2011 by smurfy because: Add text.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

Exactly, it just seems fishy that Scotland Yard is taking this much distance by saying they had absolutely no idea of this. It just seems improbable that they knew nothing.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
That's what I mean, and it won't stop at just the police, it goes all the way to the top.

Don't forget either that David Camerons's aide, Andy Coulson is in this up to the neck.

It's stretching things a bit then, to suppose that the UK government knew nothing.

More than that, just about everything financial, political, military campaigns in at least the last decade can be viewed as having been manipulated.

It's not just about a couple of 'shifty' reporters looking for juicy tidbits on famous private lives.
edit on 8-7-2011 by smurfy because: Add text.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
What will become of The Daily?

Will anyone trust a Murdoch organisation that has direct access to your iPad and potentially all the personal data therein?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
They'll just launch it again under a different name, its disgraceful what they've done. Can't believe Brooks hasn't resigned yet either.

Hopefully good investigative journalism isn't impinged on in reaction to this

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Apparently The Times (another Murdoch/NI paper) have been hacking into Gordon Browns phone, NHS record AND bank details.

Wonder how much info is being swept under the carpet by the Murdoch puppet Brown. The Met are currently in internal turmoil over this but very little is filtering through.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join