It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Hate Towards Jesus Christ on ATS?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Everyone gets off on Jesus, believers and unbelievers alike. He did say that he was here to bring division among the people and he has certainly achieved that goal. He also told his faithful 2 thousand years ago that he was going away to be with his Father but promised to return very quickly.Well the fact is he did return as he said he would and he has been living among us controlling the destiny of humankind ever since. Jesus persuaded God to give to him alone power over the world. To date Jesus has only revealed his presence once to the world at large and that was for the purpose of letting it be known the HE was now the boss and every worldly power must succeed to him. For 2 thousand years Jesus has been ruling the world from behind the scenes. Why? because he doesn't really love us at all. It is himself that he loves first and last and when the time comes when he must present the world that he has been instrumental in creating to his Father he will abandon even his most fervent followers if it means making himself look good in the eyes of God. By fervent followers I mean the PTB, the ones who have been doing the bidding of Jesus without question or conscience for so long.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The word of Jesus is so simple a child can understand it, but a clever man will miss the point

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

It is not the hardest thing to do, especially in the western world.

Even in countries that condemn christianity, they made the choice to believe in a fairy tale or go spread that fairy tale to inhospitable lands.

I am all for religious freedom but I am completely against stupidity.

Let me rephrase that, I am all for religious freedom to a point.
edit on 7-7-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny76
The word of Jesus is so simple a child can understand it, but a clever man will miss the point

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived."
-Isaac Asimov

So a person who uses reason and logic to evaluate the claims made in a book is missing the point?

What about a person like me who was a christian for 23 years and knows the bible well?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz

-Isaac Asimov

So a person who uses reason and logic to evaluate the claims made in a book is missing the point?

What about a person like me who was a christian for 23 years and knows the bible well?

you lcaim to know the bible well, but still claim you dont see rationality in it.. you dont have much of a point to be honest. its a book that was written 2000 and more years ago, but has and is accurately predicting world events today and some yet to come. 60 or so people wrote it, over 400 yrs, and many never ever met each other yet they wrote a seamless prophetic book about mankind and our past present and future. if you say you were a christian for so long and that made no sense, then you didnt understand as much as you claim.

there are former pastors who would make the same claims, i will not be moved by that because they do not have to know more than me bcos they were on the pulpit for 20+ yrs..

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pirell

There is no predictions made in the bible coming true today.

People have been saying this for centuries.

It is all post-hoc rationalization.

And people of other faiths make the same claims about their religious texts. There is nothing special about the bible. You have to rationalize these 'prophesies' out of the bible just like every religion does.

Not to mention Nostradamus, he makes some excellent predictions when you throw all rationality out the window.
edit on 7-7-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirell

-Isaac Asimov

you lcaim to know the bible well, but still claim you dont see rationality in it.. you dont have much of a point to be honest. its a book that was written 2000 and more years ago, but has and is accurately predicting world events today and some yet to come. 60 or so people wrote it, over 400 yrs, and many never ever met each other yet they wrote a seamless prophetic book about mankind and our past present and future. if you say you were a christian for so long and that made no sense, then you didnt understand as much as you claim.

there are former pastors who would make the same claims, i will not be moved by that because they do not have to know more than me bcos they were on the pulpit for 20+ yrs..

I thought God wrote it? That's what i've been told.

haven't you ever thought that maybe the events taking place are because people take this book to be literal therefore creating the reality around them in such a way to support their beliefs??

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
They are just jealous that they don't have their own. They don't have any great men on their side, every time they try to create one it just crashes and burns. Or turns out to be so small that no one will ever take notice of it.
edit on 7-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

What side would that be?

I know you aren't talking about the secular people because I can name quite a few.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

-Isaac Asimov

Hello nice to meet you my friend. Are you still a christian? Hope you dont mind the question

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

-Isaac Asimov

I thought God wrote it? That's what i've been told.

haven't you ever thought that maybe the events taking place are because people take this book to be literal therefore creating the reality around them in such a way to support their beliefs??

it was written by men at God's direction yes, his words written by men. so if God was fake, or the men just wrote fairy tales thats an amazing fairy tale that affects us in every way. I do not see how "people" could create such realities all these centuries when we cant even run countries properly...we really are not that well organised. but i respect your opinion,

however, maybe you and people who think like you are creating your own logic to support your disbelief? because i would rather believe in a fairytale book that is accurately predicting events in MY day not 2000yrs ago alone...than listen to some academic who is as mortal as me who cannot predict if he will live through 24ours of a day.
edit on 7-7-2011 by pirell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnny76

I guess you haven't read the thread all the way through.

No I am no longer a christian and I don't mind the question at all.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
My question still stands. Why were the disciples willing to be tortured and killed for a known lie? You don’t need a degree in human psychology to know that people do not die for a cause they know to be false.

My answer still stands. They didn't recognize it as a lie. They believed it was truth. However, their belief that it was truth did not make it truth. The premise of your argument excludes the possibility that they could be mistaken.

We cannot use a book that makes claims as the evidence for the claims it makes.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

because i would rather believe in a fairytale book that is accurately predicting events in MY day not 2000yrs ago alone...than listen to some academic who is as mortal as me who cannot predict if he will live through 24ours of a day.

What fairy tale has predictive qualities?

I don't seem to see where the bible's "predictions" are actually predicting anything, either in our time or previous eras. What do you believe the bible is predicting today?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pirell

...thats an amazing fairy tale that affects us in every way.

How so? It may affect the feelings of believers and it wrongly influences the decisions of policy makers but I wouldn't say it affects us in every way.

I do not see how "people" could create such realities all these centuries

What realities? Genesis? There is no reality in Genesis.

Civilizations wrote books with what you call 'realities' long before the bible and the bible is very obviously adapted from those stories.

maybe you and people who think like you are creating your own logic to support your disbelief?

Ever study much logic? You cannot create your own logic. There are very set rules to logic.

because i would rather believe in a fairytale book that is accurately predicting events in MY day not 2000yrs ago

It is not accurately predicting anything. You are rationalizing scriptures to reassure yourself. The bible has not made one prediction that has come true. Sure you can rationalize but that doesn't mean it is true. However, it does get plenty of things wrong.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

You are beating your head against a wall...(figuratively)...

It is like trying to convince a mental patient that he is NOT Abraham lincoln...

Stop feeding their psychosis...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by coastlinekid
You are beating your head against a wall...(figuratively)...

It is like trying to convince a mental patient that he is NOT Abraham lincoln...

Stop feeding their psychosis...

It may be an exercise in futility.

But it is their duty under 1 Peter 3:15 to respond to these questions.

I guess they'll have to explain their failure to comply to The Big Guy.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

because i would rather believe in a fairytale book that is accurately predicting events in MY day not 2000yrs ago alone...than listen to some academic who is as mortal as me who cannot predict if he will live through 24ours of a day.

What fairy tale has predictive qualities?

I don't seem to see where the bible's "predictions" are actually predicting anything, either in our time or previous eras. What do you believe the bible is predicting today?

it has predicted so many, that is what bible bashers need to refute rater than cherry pick isolated statements. i will mention a few from the top of my head...an example is the in the book of Daniel....it has predicted the regional empires of Greece, Persia, Rome, the dominance of the catholic church, and its apostasy, destruction of jerusalem, the current fight over jerusalem and the attempts at dividing it, the resurgence of the remnants of the roman empire (the EU) and the resurgence of the catholic church in our time. the rise of the eastern powers (china), the acension of a New world order, an impending battle in the middle east that would start a world war, in predicting this incident it was mentioned in revelation that

In Revelation 16:12, it is prophesied that the Euphrates will dry up in preparation for the Battle of Armageddon: “And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.”

and for the first time in 5000 yrs (or from when records began) the eurpates river is dryin up faster than ever within the last 3 years...

everything that is predicted is also preceeded by signs, symbols and incidents or regions so that people can be aware of what era we really are in... people may have been predicting a world war in the 60's but the eurpates wasnt drying up in the 60's.. Bible predictions are a whole different subject, and this is what in my opinion...atheists who go way out of their way in 'disproving' the bible need to tackle.. rather than much of what ive seen so far.
edit on 7-7-2011 by pirell because: addition

edit on 7-7-2011 by pirell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

What side would that be?

Which ever side they are on. All I'm saying is that the name of Christ continues to have a powerful affect on people, for some reason no one is able to make that name just a thing of the past. Those who hate Jesus are just jealous that they can't produce a leader that would be powerful enough to overshadow his name. They are trying, but it doesn't look like it's working.
edit on 7-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Easy.

The elevation of mythology to dogma and absolutism has resulted in the murder of MILLIONS throughout our history. To believe in this crap is to submit oneself to the control of Priests, Preachers, etc. "Followers" are lead around by the fear of Hell. They give up the ability to move beyond themselves and to progress as a human being. Intellectual curiosity dies if they are so instructed to believe a certain thing.

Religion and the belief in mythological figures has only brought about death and destruction. (Terrorism anyone?)

Michele Bachman, one of the top candidates of the GOP, told poor people today that the solution to their plight is to believe in Jesus. How UTTERLY absurd. because of her adherence to religious dogma, she will do nothing to help the poor and afflicted.

Religion and this idiot "Jesus" is just about to kill off mankind. These beliefs are to no longer be tolerated.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join