It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Hate Towards Jesus Christ on ATS?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirell

it has predicted... the acension of a New world order

Please cite the passage predicting "the acension of a New world order"

In Revelation 16:12, it is prophesied that the Euphrates will dry up in preparation for the Battle of Armageddon: “And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.”

and for the first time in 5000 yrs (or from when records began) the eurpates river is dryin up faster than ever....

Ahhh, I see. You seem to be participating in a phenomenon called "shoehorning". This is often done with Nostradamus quatrains. Given a "prediction" which is unspecific enough, one can apply a current event to the "prophecy" to make it seem like it's working. You may wish to investigate this so that you can be more sure that you're not misinterpreting.

The case you've provided has some errors. Check into shoehorning, reevaluate your argument here and maybe at very least, try to spot what you think I'll call out on your argument here.
edit on 7-7-2011 by traditionaldrummer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scytherius
reply to post by Dr Expired

Easy.

The elevation of mythology to dogma and absolutism has resulted in the murder of MILLIONS throughout our history. To believe in this crap is to submit oneself to the control of Priests, Preachers, etc. "Followers" are lead around by the fear of Hell. They give up the ability to move beyond themselves and to progress as a human being. Intellectual curiosity dies if they are so instructed to believe a certain thing.

Religion and the belief in mythological figures has only brought about death and destruction. (Terrorism anyone?)

Michele Bachman, one of the top candidates of the GOP, told poor people today that the solution to their plight is to believe in Jesus. How UTTERLY absurd. because of her adherence to religious dogma, she will do nothing to help the poor and afflicted.

Religion and this idiot "Jesus" is just about to kill off mankind. These beliefs are to no longer be tolerated.

pol pot murdered millions and wasnt religious, stalin hated religion and was still responsible for the murder of reputedly up to 20m. some of the worlds most terrible mass murders occured under completely no religious leaders. the world still has such leaders so why should the world get rid of christianity because SOME rulers claimed to be christian while carrying out mass murder? where is the balance

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I, as a person, don't hate the idea of Jesus. Although I consider myself non-religious, the message conveyed is one of peace and that, in my opinion, is going in the right direction. But, the fashion in which TPTB use Christianity to benifit themselves is what I find appalling. Did you know the catholic religion is the richest of enterprises? They could industrialize small countries themselves if they wanted to. Put an end to famine if they were not so greedy. Love thy neighbor... yeah right. Love thy wallet is more like it. How can anybody take Christianity seriously is beyond me. The book you're basing you beleifs on has been re-written several times to help those in power gain better control of their subjects. And that is fact. Avid readers of the bible and true religious people, I send you a challenge. If your belief in your religion is so unwavering, study both sides of the coin objectively. The true facts of religion. From great discoveries to the most heinous of crimes.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

That could possibly be because it was spread by the sword before after it was a tiny little cult.

Not to mention the constant proselytizing of believers today.

As far as great men who are atheists or secularists

atheist

That is just the philosophers.

Here are some scientist who have contributed more to the advancement of civilization that Jesus ever will.

Do I need to mention American founders or presidents that were either atheist or deist and didn't believe superstitious nonsense.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

They are deluded and if they dont wise up,then they will learn of their mistake...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I think the next stage is "disclosure", a moment when the hearts of man are embracing the UFO phenomenon and discarding the Truth. We are at a critical time when the Heart is opening to the paradigm that Christ is coming and that we can begin to hear within, sometimes subtly, sometimes as loud as our own voices.

The Demons know that we are Manifesting the Return of Christ simply by believing and so the stakes are going to be upped and be it through our own means of control (tptb) with a staged event of UFO's/Technology, or as spoken often here at ATS, "Project Blue Beam"; it is time to grab the Hearts of Man and open them to receiving this phenomenon once and for all, or at least that is the intent of the wicked and the Demonized.

I will not succumb to this illusion! I know that these hyper-dimensionals are here to steal us from our true destiny.

Christ will return and even if I am not here to Witness this I will not hesitate when asked, "will you denounce Christ?", because I will Not and they may have my head if they so desire! I will keep my Immortal Soul.

It is all playing out just as it was written. The players are all present even though there are some still hidden from us, but in due time they will reveal themselves.

Rev 17 is the next step, but before that we need "disclosure" because the Hearts are beginning to hear the Truth about Christ! They will act in desperation and they will fail no matter how many times they say to themselves, "Yes we can!", "Yes we can!", "Yes we can", because they cannot and soon they will be facing their true sides!

I now return you to your regularly "debunking" attitudes and as funny as it seems the "debunkers" here just cannot help themselves as they infiltrate a thread of Truth with their incessant broken record rantings! Maybe a UFO thread will come along and capture their attentions!
Don't forget to look Up!

Praise be the Christ our Lord!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

pol pot murdered millions and wasnt religious, stalin hated religion and was still responsible for the murder of reputedly up to 20m. some of the worlds most terrible mass murders occured under completely no religious leaders. the world still has such leaders so why should the world get rid of christianity because SOME rulers claimed to be christian while carrying out mass murder? where is the balance

I'm not sure we can blame the actions of psychopathic tyrants solely on their religion or lack thereof.

However, history has plenty of examples of tyrannical genocide done in the name of gods, though no examples of tyrannical genocide done in the name of there-are-no-gods. The god of the bible actually commanded some of those genocides. Where is the balance indeed

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
I, as a person, don't hate the idea of Jesus. Although I consider myself non-religious, the message conveyed is one of peace and that, in my opinion, is going in the right direction. But, the fashion in which TPTB use Christianity to benifit themselves is what I find appalling. Did you know the catholic religion is the richest of enterprises? They could industrialize small countries themselves if they wanted to. Put an end to famine if they were not so greedy. Love thy neighbor... yeah right. Love thy wallet is more like it. How can anybody take Christianity seriously is beyond me. The book you're basing you beleifs on has been re-written several times to help those in power gain better control of their subjects. And that is fact. Avid readers of the bible and true religious people, I send you a challenge. If your belief in your religion is so unwavering, study both sides of the coin objectively. The true facts of religion. From great discoveries to the most heinous of crimes.

Just because people take the bible and use it for personal gain doesn't mean the message is not true. How can you take the actions of others and use it as evidence that what is written is false.

And the bible has never been re-written only re translated to fit the language of the people at that time.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Easy.

The elevation of mythology to dogma and absolutism has resulted in the murder of MILLIONS throughout our history. To believe in this crap is to submit oneself to the control of Priests, Preachers, etc. "Followers" are lead around by the fear of Hell. They give up the ability to move beyond themselves and to progress as a human being. Intellectual curiosity dies if they are so instructed to believe a certain thing.

Religion and the belief in mythological figures has only brought about death and destruction. (Terrorism anyone?)

Michele Bachman, one of the top candidates of the GOP, told poor people today that the solution to their plight is to believe in Jesus. How UTTERLY absurd. because of her adherence to religious dogma, she will do nothing to help the poor and afflicted.

Religion and this idiot "Jesus" is just about to kill off mankind. These beliefs are to no longer be tolerated.

YES! I was wondering when this nonsense would come up. You truly are displaying an unbelievable amount of ignorance. Pol Pot was a theravada Buddhist and attended a catholic school, Stalin disliked the worlds religions because it took away from the cult of personality that he created (he reinstated the church after WW2), Hitler was also a Catholic.

It does not matter what they believed anyway because when you believe in god, think he is waiting for you in heaven, and claim a divine warrant you have a logical pathway to commit extremely heinous acts.

Have you ever heard of someone committing genocide in the name of reason?

Good people will do good things, evil people will do evil things, but for good people to do evil things that takes religion.
edit on 7-7-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Why all the love and OBEDIENCE for Jesus Christ?
Does it hurt your feelings to see people dissing your deity?

If you don't like negativity towards the big J.C., don't read it!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Just because people take the bible and use it for personal gain doesn't mean the message is not true. How can you take the actions of others and use it as evidence that what is written is false.

We don't need to in order to demonstrate the bible's falsehoods. We now know that the universe operates in a manner much differently than the way it is claimed in that book.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

it has predicted... the acension of a New world order

Please cite the passage predicting "the acension of a New world order"

In Revelation 16:12, it is prophesied that the Euphrates will dry up in preparation for the Battle of Armageddon: “And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.”

and for the first time in 5000 yrs (or from when records began) the eurpates river is dryin up faster than ever....

Ahhh, I see. You seem to be participating in a phenomenon called "shoehorning". This is often done with Nostradamus quatrains. Given a "prediction" which is unspecific enough, one can apply a current event to the "prophecy" to make it seem like it's working. You may wish to investigate this so that you can be more sure that you're not misinterpreting.

The case you've provided has some errors. Check into shoehorning, reevaluate your argument here and maybe at very least, try to spot what you think I'll call out on your argument here.

revealation 12 through 13, explains a powerful world leader who will deceive the world..and people will "accept" his mark...and without it people will be unable to buy or sell anything..in real terms this cannot be achieved without some form of unified law and government, made possible today or later in the future by technology..much of which is already happening.

I am not going to play with boxhole names such as shoe horning and whatever othher fancy name you chose, its as lame as calling people who critiscise israel "anti-semitic" Its just an easy way of trying to dismiss claims without ever adressing what was said. I dont need to check anything nor re evaluate my argument wen you havent presented anything that completely refutes what i said. so no name games thanks cos theres many names you could be called too..
edit on 7-7-2011 by pirell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz

That could possibly be because it was spread by the sword before after it was a tiny little cult.

Not to mention the constant proselytizing of believers today.

As far as great men who are atheists or secularists

atheist

That is just the philosophers.

Here are some scientist who have contributed more to the advancement of civilization that Jesus ever will.

Do I need to mention American founders or presidents that were either atheist or deist and didn't believe superstitious nonsense.

And here are some great men which did believe. www.godandscience.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

No one is using the acts of people to prove the bible is false. I can use the acts of people to show that religion is evil though.

As far as it being rewritten, I am sure it was mistranslated a few times at least.

Many books were also left out because they were just too unbelievable in the minds of the various councils that put the biblical canon together, if you can believe that.

They also left out books that offended their delicate christian sensibilities or brought into question certain things they wanted to believe.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

We don't need to in order to demonstrate the bible's falsehoods. We now know that the universe operates in a manner much differently than the way it is claimed in that book.

And what scripture can you quote to support such a claim. Where in the bible does it describe how the universe works?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

You're point being?

I never said there wasn't great men that did believe.

You said there were none that didn't believe or that atheists have no great men to speak of.

And I can easily dispute the validity of one of those claims, Albert Einstein was not a theist.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Easy.

YES! I was wondering when this nonsense would come up. You truly are displaying an unbelievable amount of ignorance. Pol Pot was a theravada Buddhist and attended a catholic school, Stalin disliked the worlds religions because it took away from the cult of personality that he created (he reinstated the church after WW2), Hitler was also a Catholic.

It does not matter what they believed anyway because when you believe in god, think he is waiting for you in heaven, and claim a divine warrant you have a logical pathway to commit extremely heinous acts.

Have you ever heard of someone committing genocide in the name of reason?

Good people will do good things, evil people will do evil things, but for good people to do evil things that takes religion.

someone attending a catholic school doesnt make them catholic. nothing hitler or stalin did was indeed christian. but then i question even GW bush's 'christianity' as he is a self confessed one, so once again, people may SAY they are christian but do not DO the work of one..its understabdable to be angry at that, but telling me pol pot went to a catholic school means little.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

revealation 12 through 13, explains a powerful world leader who will deceive the world..and people will "accept" his mark...and without it people will be unable to buy or sell anything..

I am not going to play with boxhole names such as shoe horning and whatever othher fancy name you chose, its as lame as calling people who critiscise israel "anti-semitic" Its just an easy way of trying to dismiss claims without ever adressing what was said. I dont need to check anything nor re evaluate my argument wen you havent presented anything that completely refutes what i said. so no name games thanks cos theres many names you could be called too..

Sir/ma'am,

I am not here to play games with you, ridicule or call names. I am sincerely trying to help you in ways that can improve your argument. There are problems with your argument that can be identified by a beginner-level skeptic. I'm simply advising that you learn about a phenomenon that happens to a lot of people. The worst that can happen is you learn something new and maybe improve your argument.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Many books were also left out because they were just too unbelievable in the minds of the various councils that put the biblical canon together, if you can believe that.

They also left out books that offended their delicate christian sensibilities or brought into question certain things they wanted to believe.

If there were 100 books written about your life would you not pick and chose which ones are a more accurate representation of how you really lived? Or would just let people make up stories and portray you in fashion that is not true?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

And what scripture can you quote to support such a claim. Where in the bible does it describe how the universe works?

Um.

No offense but have you actually read the bible? The Old Testament stuff too?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join