It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Hate Towards Jesus Christ on ATS?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Godsontoo

You feel sick when you try to believe in Jesusq because you are of Satan, plain and simple . It is compelling to me that so called intelligent people talk of the nine as a fairy tale when the historical evidence it has produced has and does assist on archeological digs.
Alright pal, if you think there's historical evidence to back up your book of fairy tales, then post it in here. Show us the proof. Are you referring to that boat they found up on a mountain that some claim is Noahs Ark? Or are you referring to the shroud that supposedly had some evidence of Jesus' face on it?

Show us the evidence to back up your book of bedtime stories.

will not waste my time trying to plant the seed of truth to people like you but I will tell you that you will live to see the return of Christ and I don't ask you to believe just remember this statement..
Would you like to bet on that? How about we sign a written agreement that if the return of Jesus doesn't happen by the end of your lifetime, then on your deathbed you change your will to give me all of your possessions and life savings? Do you have that much faith? Because I would be more than happy to wager everything I own against your irrational, delusional fantasy that a character from a book will return.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by coastlinekid
Don't you just love how religious people insult you in the most cruel way , and nobody bats an eye?

I can't even THINK of the secular equivalent of damning someone to eternal pain and suffering...if we even came CLOSE to that kind of vitriol, we would be slammed BIG TIME!!!

I'm not sure what I did to deserve that response. I thought my inquiries were fairly harmless and polite. Oh well.

I think the truth may be exactly the opposite of the OP's claim - that ATS is actually a popular outlet to hate non-christians.

He lost the argument and therefore his pride, so he must make up for it by putting himself on the pedestal.
it's okay, the old my music is better then yours is much the same as the my god is better then yours.
You know if your music is good or not. That's why I wouldn't be offended at all.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Jesus said this would happen. "If they persecuted me, they will persecute you." You just have to be strong and 'turn the other cheek'. You know what is true and what is not. No one said being a Christian was easy. It is probably the hardest thing to be this day and age.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa
Jesus said this would happen. "If they persecuted me, they will persecute you." You just have to be strong and 'turn the other cheek'. You know what is true and what is not. No one said being a Christian was easy. It is probably the hardest thing to be this day and age.

That sounds like a narrative to a story, like foreshadowing.

Doesn't it strike anyone to be odd that there's always this little tidbit of information that warns people of things like this?

That anyone not like them is delusional and against Christ?

Don't you think maybe we're onto something for real?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

I don't see any lions.....

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Doesn't it strike anyone to be odd that there's always this little tidbit of information that warns people of things like this?

Yes we are, its called Satan deceiving people.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

How did you logically come to this conclusion, without the Bible or the people in your life to lead you towards that answer?
Have you thought about it yourself? Actually questioned it? and it still sounded logical?

if thats the case, then we need to open up our Asylums and lower the expectations needed to enter them.

Satan...is nothing more then that little bit of bad we all have due to our programming from a young age, nothing more nothing less.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

He lost the argument and therefore his pride, so he must make up for it by putting himself on the pedestal.
it's okay, the old my music is better then yours is much the same as the my god is better then yours.
You know if your music is good or not. That's why I wouldn't be offended at all.

I am not offended by his sophomoric digs.

I'm offended that someone finds it acceptable to speak to another human being in such a contemptible manner, especially when unprovoked.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

How can you think that way?
It's unbelievable what effect lifetime of immersion in religion can have on a persons psyche.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pirell

I would say the biggest cause of people turning away from christianity is rationality.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Persecution complex?

Christianity is not the hardest thing to be in this day and age, especially not in the western world.

It is always intellectually easy, lazy that is.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

For I am come to SET A MAN AT VARIANCE AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND THE DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND THE DAUGHTER IN LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER IN LAW. And a MAN'S FOES SHALL BE THEY OF HIS OWN HOUSEHOLD.

-Matthew 10:35-36

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

-Luke 14:26

"What would you think of a boss who rebuked a worker for wishing to bury his recently deceased father and instead, insisted that the worker follow him? According to the Bible, Jesus responded to a request from a disciple who wished to attend to his father's funeral:"

But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury the dead.

-Matthew 8:22

You won't see anti-abortionists citing this verse. It applies to Judas; note how the last part plays right into abortion:

The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

-Matthew 26:24

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace but a sword.

-Matthew 10:34

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

-Luke 22:36

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

-Luke 19:27

truly the words of an enlightened being...

www.nobeliefs.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

How convenient!

That way you can never be wrong!

Tell me something, do you believe that diabolical mimicry is true?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Why would the apostles, upon finding out Jesus was just some dude, continue to preach the Word of God and suffer persecution and DEATH, for a lie?

Because they were mistaken and didn't recognize it as a lie.

Why would otherwise sensible people in Heaven's Gate kill themselves to get a ride on a comet? They were tragically mistaken but still willing to put their lives on the line for their beliefs. Does their passion for their beliefs automatically make those beliefs true?

IIRC, they killed themselves while the Comet was still passing by, I doubt they figured out there wasn't anything special about it before they killed themselves.

As for the Apostles, remember, before Jesus was crucified, the disciples were, for the most part, cowards. They were frightened, timid followers. Peter denied even knowing Jesus 3 times before the crucifixion. What event changed them from cowards to courageous? Could it possibly be that they saw Jesus alive and well after he supposedly died?

In fact, many people witnessed this event. Why would so many be so delusional, when they would gain nothing?

My question still stands. Why were the disciples willing to be tortured and killed for a known lie? You don’t need a degree in human psychology to know that people do not die for a cause they know to be false.

People do certainly die for false beliefs all the time, but they think they are dying for the truth, as in your example. However, if the disciples faked the resurrection, they would know Christianity is a lie. Records state they were tortured and killed for their faith, and not one of them said, under torture “okay, okay, we made the whole thing up”? Why is that?

Lastly, what was their motive? Lies and/or deceptions are usually done for some selfish motive. Preaching the resurrection of Jesus would not bring them wealth, fame, status or popularity, it would only cause them to be hated, scorned, persecuted, excommunicated, imprisoned, exiled, beheaded, tortured and crucified, as history records, so again, what could possibly be their motive? Just to save face? Not logical. No one is going to go through what the disciples went through just because they’re too embarrassed to say “I guess we were wrong”, so what was their motive?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz

Persecution complex?

Christianity is not the hardest thing to be in this day and age, especially not in the western world.

It is always intellectually easy, lazy that is.

America is the best place for a Christian to be, because of our rights. Don't you dare say it isn't a hard thing to do in other parts of the world, when countries ban Christianity on penalty of death, and missionaries are killed daily. Just don't deny that, it's dishonorable to them.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

i'm obviously not being the nicest right now as this is one of few things that gets me emotionally charged.
I believe in people, in life, in the REAL.

Yet I bet you your pants you believe in aliens visiting earth and that they created us through science and DNA manipulation.

Something that is based on faith also.

I missed this post to me but I really need to address it.

Here we go again, you have this idea in your brain that came from YOU. not me.

I don't believe in anything like that. That sounds just as crazy as God and Jesus.

Aliens visiting Earth? Possible but highly unlikely. As for creation through science and DNA manipulation...
Can't we have just evolved naturally like every living thing on the planet? Like everything in our Galaxy?

Why do you have to speak for me? What gives you the right?

Why do you assume I have 'faith' when I base my opinions on what is then and there.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.

especially not in the western world

And christians are not the only religious people to have been persecuted or died for their faith.

I won't show them greater honor than any other person.

To be completely honest I think it it is stupid to sacrifice yourself for a fairy tail.
edit on 7-7-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

If you look at the comment I was responding to it was being made out that christianity is a hard thing to do in this day and age, probably from someone in the western world.

So I responded that it is not, especially in the western world.

It isn't even hard to do in the majority of the world.

It may be hard to proselytize in some parts of the world but that isn't being a christian.
edit on 7-7-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by yourmaker

I am curious.....did Jesus do something to you? Why do you "hate" him for he did not teach hate, he taught love. I am not trying to offend you so please do not answer with hate for me too. I am simply curious.

I revealed later that I do not 'hate' but simply dislike greatly.

It's not what he did, but rather, what he didn't do. Exist.

I agree to love each other, and I do, I may come off as a dick here, and that's merely the discussion and my beliefs talking, but in person, when there's no heated debate, i'm rather friendly and jesuslike myself.

I feel that we could be nicer to each other regardless of whether the threat of eternal hellfire is there or not.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz
reply to post by Lionhearte

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.

especially not in the western world

Right, which means there is practically no persecution of Christians in the western world - I chose America because, as everyone knows, we have rights protecting us for the most part. Unless you think Christians in America are actually being persecuted?

We have it easy here. But your claim is that it's "not the hardest thing to do", when in other countries, there is clearly persecution of Christians going on.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

I speak for myself and only myself. calling me "the 5%" does nothing but solidify my belief that you are just uneducated due to your genetic lineages inability to conjure up more brain cells. PERSONAL ATTACK BOOOOM

lemme guess, your parents are Christian? lemme guess, you went to church when you were a kid?

You are calling someone uneducated and yet you can barely punctuate or structure a sentence properly?

Then use non words like lemme.

Do not throw rocks when standing in a house of glass.

Nice, going with the you can't spell therefore you don't know what you're talking about.

maybe i should do it on purpose no? will that bother you ro what

Or perhaps it's the argument behind the spelling you can't take?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join