It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey Anthony Guilty of... lying... watching live The trial

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

It is, at least when I read it... that this response was more high emotion then logic

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Originally posted by pacofunk64
It helps when you explain what the hell you are talking about

This shows the court system failed again...but this trial had so many holes I can see why she did not get charged. There has to be undeniable evidense [sic] that she committed this crime & there just wasn't.

Your entire statement makes no sense. You said the system failed. Then you admitted there wasn't enough evidence to convict her?

Last time I checked, our system was based on the idea of proving someone guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. This is to balance out people's emotions and assumptions about the accused. If there is not enough evidence to convict her, then yes, she should have been found Not Guilty. Looks like the system worked if you ask me. People's opinions about whether she did it or not do not count.

Sorry i get going to fast and sometimes don't read what I type. You are correct in the fact that the judicial system itself did not fail due to there being so many holes. I thought there was enough evidence for manslaughter but that's just my opinion. What fails is the fact that everyone knows she's guily but there just is not enough to 100% convict her of it. Just like OJ. Without resonable doubt you cannot convict.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Did Nancy Grace's head explode?

Yes, her head did explode...

as well as many people watching at home, and the people waiting outside.

I thought she was just going to get manslaughter since the prosecution couldn't prove murder or child neglect.

gah, still in shock!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
...she is not guilty of murdering her daughter... well, how about that...

...i know the outcome goes against the grain of those who instantly judged her guilty and wanted to tear her limb from limb (as if their own need for violence is better than what they accuse her of) but, o'well, thats how it goes around here...

...i still suspect the grandparents... maybe casey's story of her father molesting/raping her is true and her mother is a typical "stand by your man" witch and thats why casey is such a psychopathic spaz... maybe grandpa got a little rough when torturing his granddaughter and grandma helped him cover it up... he's an ex-cop, so he certainly knows how to get around crap...

...bottom line is - circumstantial evidence wasnt enough to convict and thats the way it should be...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Now they have added an interesting twist...

on HLN.... (I agree with bamstomper and dislike the fake looking blonde former prosecutor....)

Son of Sam

A Son of Sam Law is any law designed to keep criminals from profiting from their crimes, often by selling their stories to publishers. Such laws often authorize the state to seize money earned from such a deal and use it to compensate the criminal's victims. The term "Son of Sam" refers to the nickname of serial killer David Berkowitz, the subject of a notorious murder case in 1978.

In certain cases a Son of Sam law can be extended beyond the criminals themselves to include friends, neighbors, and family members of the lawbreaker who seek to profit by telling publishers and filmmakers of their relation to the criminal. In other cases, a person may not financially benefit from the sale of a story or any other mementos pertaining to the crime—if the criminal was convicted after the date lawmakers passed the law in the states where the crime was committed.

She stated that it was overturned in supreme court...

but it gets more complicated

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

oddly enough you are not the first to suggest this...

A cop in Texas said he would have also arrested the grandparents for being part of it along the lines you said,,,

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Good, I hope she sues for violating her right to a speedy trial. If this is what it takes to convict someone of lying to an officer (years of investigative work) then the government is in dire shape.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
My intuition tells me she is guilty...

The Law: Innocent until proven guilty....period....

Jury: Reasonable doubt.........obviously there was not enough evidence

NOW WAIT: We will be watching her closely the next time she is pregnant and has a baby!!!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm actually VERY, VERY happy for this women. I would like justice to be paid... but it's very rare for someone to be found not guilty after the public eye/media heavily portrays her as guilty.

The defense attorney is a pimp among pimps. He planted those seeds of doubt in the jurors head like a master gardener of deception. The prosecution honestly had NO proof that she did anything at all other than not tell authorities her child died.
edit on 5-7-2011 by joshter because: grammar issues

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I dont like following this stuff, but this was indeed a shock...
I dont presume to know if she is guilty or innocent, the ONLY person knows is Casey Anthony.
If she is guilty, then she will par for her crimes with her soul.
If she is innocent, then she has been vindicated.

The ONLY loser is Caylee. Bottom line.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

False info is a misdemeanor, no jail time for that, she will get out with 3 years time served....

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
That's how the legal system works whether you like it or not. Would you just rather have a public poll taken as to guilt? Or maybe just have one person, the judge, make the decision? The system is not infallible by any means, but it's the best legal system there is.

Be careful what you wish for during this time of anger.

Peace

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

I think you might be right starwise. So many other times we see somebody get a not guilty verdict and go out and sooner or later you hear about them doing the same thing. I believe her to be a sociopath who never wanted a child to begin with.

If she gets pregnant again though... I suspect she'll go the legal route to "drown" her child.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Yup, one year for each count...she did about 3 years, so if they give her the max, she'll do 85% of the sentence, or just get time served

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Good. She was innocent of murder.
The reason people started going down that path is because of how hack talking head lawyers treat these cases.
The pollute the jury polls putting out unverified info, and bringing fame to people in these cases.

This whole thing has been partly the medias fault (especially HLN who gained it's highest ratings ever from this case).

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

You feel that this court case is a case of U.S. political madness? I beg to differ. Justice was served today, as per the evidence that was/was not introduced.
I do not believe Casey Anthony is innocent and not guilty of killing her daughter. However, evidence proving beyond doubt that she was guilty of it, I do disagree.
She was judged over the evidence introduced to trial, facts, not judged over emotions and manipulation.
The day we are judged to the gas chamber for serious, serious crimes based on emotion is the day a lot of people will be dying in gas chambers.
What I witnessed today was justice serving justifiably. Don't fret though, she'll have to live with the thoughts and memories of what she's done til the end of time.

Edit: I surely thought they'd find her guilty of manslaughter. I still cannot wrap my head around that yet.
edit on 5-7-2011 by Marrr because: ^

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

When the prosecution put forthe the idea that Casey was getting rid of her daughter before she could talk and tell on Casey's lies I thought.. hmm that would be a good motive if you applied it to the grandfather not wanting her to talk about molestation. Also when the rebuttal was going on Casey mouthed that her mom never did anything and wouldn't and when the prosecution mentioned throwing her father under the bus she said "cause it was was him" or something along those lines.

link   
the jury isnt going to talk to the media

link   
On the MSM, they're talking about how people are angry about the verdict. The anchors are using the constitution as the excuse "Hey, in our country, we have the right for a fair trial, as said under the constitution." Am i the only one who thinks Congress will "come to the rescue" and make laws changing how the courts are run, therefore getting rid of another key part of our constitution?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Sigh....No justice for an innocent 4 year old little girl. I am physically sick now.

I apologize to any members from Florida on here but I have to ask this. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT FREAKING STATE! I mean have any of you ever looked up how many child molesters there are in Florida! I did a search in other states and it seems the majority gravitate to Florida. Then there is the whole election fiasco in Florida.
I don't get it man. I just don't get it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join