It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is GOOD and I will defend Him. A Challenge for Atheists

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Once again you have proved nothing, apparently still haven't read the whole story.
Sorry, let me finish reading Harry Potter and maybe I'll move onto that work of fiction next.

I guess if a bunch of thugs came to your area and started beating you up for no reason you'd just sit back and get beat up.
Maybe I should ask myself WWGD, and go on a killing spree.

Maybe the Americans should have never dropped the bomb on Hiroshima or Nagasaki, of course I'm sure that doesn't matter, after all the Americans only killed 90,000–166,000 killed in Hiroshima and 60,000–80,000 killed in Nagasaki. I guess man is the only one allowed to perform such acts without reason.
I never said that, I'm saying that God is a POS for killing millions of people. Lots of people are sick bastards, I'm not here to argue that we're all good on the inside and religion sucks the purity out of us. I'm saying that God is not good, because he killed millions of people, and arguing to justify a mass murderers killing spree is insane.

"Thou shalt not kill, unless your me, because I can do whatever the f*** I want to whoever I want! Worship me or burn!"

Also, if God is good, what do you think of Satan? Describe him in a few words for me.
edit on 12-7-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Once again you have proved nothing, apparently still haven't read the whole story.
Sorry, let me finish reading Harry Potter and maybe I'll move onto that work of fiction next.

I guess if a bunch of thugs came to your area and started beating you up for no reason you'd just sit back and get beat up.
Maybe I should ask myself WWGD, and go on a killing spree.

Maybe the Americans should have never dropped the bomb on Hiroshima or Nagasaki, of course I'm sure that doesn't matter, after all the Americans only killed 90,000–166,000 killed in Hiroshima and 60,000–80,000 killed in Nagasaki. I guess man is the only one allowed to perform such acts without reason.
I never said that, I'm saying that God is a POS for killing millions of people. Lots of people are sick bastards, I'm not here to argue that we're all good on the inside and religion sucks the purity out of us. I'm saying that God is not good, because he killed millions of people, and arguing to justify a mass murderers killing spree is insane.

"Thou shalt not kill, unless your me, because I can do whatever the f*** I want to whoever I want! Worship me or burn!"

Also, if God is good, what do you think of Satan? Describe him in a few words for me.
edit on 12-7-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

If you don't read the story then you will never understand. That's the problem with people who try to debunk things. So quick to speak, but slow to study.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

If you don't read the story then you will never understand. That's the problem with people who try to debunk things. So quick to speak, but slow to study.
Why the hell would I waste the time "studying" that book when religion is filled with flaws? I would rather study an Astronomy or Physics textbook, something that uses unbiased science and facts to back up the contents, something that actually requires proof and evidence for a theory to be taken seriously.

Science, facts, experimentation, and evidence > Flawed ideas, lies, unanswered prayers, and blind faith.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Why the hell would I waste the time "studying" that book when religion is filled with flaws?

Science, facts, experimentation, and evidence > Flawed ideas, lies, unanswered prayers, and blind faith.

It's only flawed to you because you don't understand. Your too busy thinking negative in order to see the truth behind it.

And over 90% of the world's population says your wrong. Millions have had their prayers answered and agree 100% with the ideas which you think are flawed. How would you explain that?

edit on 12-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

It's only flawed to you because you don't understand. Your too busy thinking negative in order to see the truth behind it.
No it's flawed because it's flawed. If you want to read about the flaws in religion, read this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's a teaser:
--Religion is based almost entirely on geography- If you were born and raised in China where almost every single person around you is a part of one religion, what are the odds that you will make the decision to become a part of another religion? Sure when you're older you could read up on a religion and decide you want to convert, but if you spent your whole upbringing following one religion, what are the odds that you will just drop that religion and choose another?

And over 90% of the world's population says your wrong.
90% of the population is too stupid to pick up a textbook and learn some real science. Religion is just a cop-out for science, you couldn't understand something back in the day so you said god did it. Same goes for life and the creation of the universe.

Millions have had their prayers answered and agree 100% with the ideas which you think are flawed. How would you explain that?
HAHA that is rich, millions have had their prayers answered? Why is the world a complete s***hole then? Why aren't the prayers to end world hunger answered? Why aren't the prayers to end apartheid in Africa answered? Why aren't the prayers to save terminally ill children who are dying answered? Why aren't the prayers to cure all diseases answered? Prayers are not answered, that is insane to believe! If anything that's a self-fulfilling prophesy, you sit at the foot of your bed and talk to your imaginary pal asking for something, and anything even remotely associated with what your prayer involved will be declared divine intervention.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

No it's flawed because it's flawed. If you want to read about the flaws in religion, read this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's a teaser:
--Religion is based almost entirely on geography- If you were born and raised in China where almost every single person around you is a part of one religion, what are the odds that you will make the decision to become a part of another religion? Sure when you're older you could read up on a religion and decide you want to convert, but if you spent your whole upbringing following one religion, what are the odds that you will just drop that religion and choose another?

And over 90% of the world's population says your wrong.
90% of the population is too stupid to pick up a textbook and learn some real science. Religion is just a cop-out for science, you couldn't understand something back in the day so you said god did it. Same goes for life and the creation of the universe.

Millions have had their prayers answered and agree 100% with the ideas which you think are flawed. How would you explain that?
HAHA that is rich, millions have had their prayers answered? Why is the world a complete s***hole then? Why aren't the prayers to end world hunger answered? Why aren't the prayers to end apartheid in Africa answered? Why aren't the prayers to save terminally ill children who are dying answered? Why aren't the prayers to cure all diseases answered? Prayers are not answered, that is insane to believe! If anything that's a self-fulfilling prophesy, you sit at the foot of your bed and talk to your imaginary pal asking for something, and anything even remotely associated with what your prayer involved will be declared divine intervention.

I don't care what others have done in the name of religion because that does not effect me. Only a fool would let the evil actions of others dictate how they should live their life.

Why would people care about science? Science doesn't answer prayer or stop wars. I guess when I have a problem that is just to hard for me to deal with on my own I should consult a scientist, give me a break. For the most part science is nothing but theory, it has more unanswered questions than it does answered so why would anyone in their right mind look to that for a answer?

The world is screwed up because man thinks he knows what's best for man. And so far man's ideas aren't paying off.

Just because your tweety bird won't answer your prayers doesn't mean others aren't being answered by God.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Why would people care about science?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec5e1b5bd2da.jpg[/atsimg] How about to answer the question of what created the universe and how things work with actual facts? You know, those things that are actually real and have evidence to back them up? People should care about science because it presents honest, unbiased, factual pieces of information that are backed up by evidence and experimentation, compared to a two thousand year old book.

Science doesn't answer prayer or stop wars.
Neither does religion.

I guess when I have a problem that is just to hard for me to deal with on my own I should consult a scientist, give me a break.
Did I say that scientists are going to be by our side to tell us everything is going to be OK? Besides, how does talking to an imaginary friend with your hands together help your problems? How can that possibly make your issues better?

For the most part science is nothing but theory, it has more unanswered questions than it does answered so why would anyone in their right mind look to that for a answer?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96f17f23d06c.jpg[/atsimg] I am not exaggerating one bit, that is the stupidest statement that I have ever heard. Thinking back on the stupidest things I've heard throughout my entire life, all of those are completely dwarfed by the immense ignorance that you just illustrated.

There is proof, evidence, facts, experimentation, mathematical calculations, and much more to back up the theories, with religion it's just a theory with NO proof! Nothing! Complete blind faith!

Just because your tweety bird won't answer your prayers doesn't mean others aren't being answered by God.
Alright, let's do an experiment. Pray right now and ask God to knock some papers off of your desk or knock over a water bottle. Before you even do it I can tell you the result: nothing happened. Prayers are not answered. Pray to God that every terminally ill child in the world will be cured tomorrow, and it won't be answered. Pray to God that every starving child in a certain county in your state will miraculously be fed, and nothing will happen. Pray to God for me that at exactly 8:50PM central time zone, I will be knocked on the ground, and I'll let you know what happened. Pray to God that all of the murderers who are on the run will be caught tomorrow and put to justice. Do that and see if your prayers are answered.

Prayers are not answered, the only ones that people claim are answered are actually just the result of their bias. They are out looking for God to answer their prayer, so the first thing that they see or hear that corresponds to the subject of their prayer will be seen as God answering the prayer.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

How about to answer the question of what created the universe and how things work with actual facts? You know, those things that are actually real and have evidence to back them up? People should care about science because it presents honest, unbiased, factual pieces of information that are backed up by evidence and experimentation, compared to a two thousand year old book.

I didn't know that science proved what created the universe. You do know of course that this is just a theory? It will only become fact once we create our own universe, but until then it's just speculation.

It's also funny how it took scientist 2000 years to figure this out. This knowledge was well know before scientist ever discovered it.

The best science confirms a "beginning" to the universe.

It should be noted that in Genesis 1:1, the Hebrew word for "created" ("bara") basically means a "creation from nothing," as something is brought into existence. A start from nothing, is a very good description of what cosmologists (such as Stephen Hawking) call a "singularity," which is the starting-point of the Big Bang.
---A "singularity" is: all the potential mass (matter), energy, and dimensions (including time) of the cosmos, reduced down to an infinitely small point of ZERO volume. -- Note, that the dimesions also started at the point of ZERO length.
---This same concept is brought out again in Hebrews 11:3 which declares that "the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible." The original starting-point for the universe was invisible, and had zero volume --just as the Bible teaches... as no other ancient writing does.

Furthermore: Cosmologists and physicists teach that matter, 3-dimensional space, and even time itself virtually did not exist before the Big Bang; (when God created them).
-- Here it is fascinating to NOTE: 1Corinthians 2:7, 2Timothy 1:9, and Titus 1:2 state that time itself (with all its eons and ages) had a "beginning." ---NO other ancient literature (particularly before the Bible) states that time had a beginning!

I could point to a dozen more things that the Bible clearly already knew before science.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I didn't know that science proved what created the universe. You do know of course that this is just a theory? It will only become fact once we create our own universe, but until then it's just speculation.
It's speculation based on mathematical calculations and scientific observations. Edwin Hubble didn't just pull that out of his ass one day, the expansion of the universe was calculated and ran in reverse to determine the age of the universe and find that everything was once at a point of infinite mass and density.

It's also funny how it took scientist 2000 years to figure this out.
Yeah, it's funny how people just don't know things automatically. Isn't it weird how science is a systematic process of improving on the previous theory based on mathematics, observations, and whatever evidence surfaces to contradict or back up the previous theory? It's weird, huh, why don't people just know things before they learn them? Darn humans!!! *Shakes fist at air*

I could point to a dozen more things that the Bible clearly already knew before science
Wow, some vague Bible quotes interpreted to fit your opinion of what they mean? I'm convinced [/sarcasm]. Doesn't the Bible say that an old man got two of every species on the planet on a boat to survive the great flood? Do you believe that? What about creationism? Do you believe that too? It's all or nothing, you either believe the Bible or not. So based on your dedication, I would say that you're a Noah's ark believer?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I'm not dodging your reply, but in all fairness we have gone off topic. I don't think our views on science has anything to do with whether or not if God is good. So I'll give you the science round for now

So give me another example of why you think God is not good, but nothing long, my brain is in enough pain as it is.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I'm not dodging your reply, but in all fairness we have gone off topic.
Yeah that tends to happen alot in religious debates.

So give me another example of why you think God is not good, but nothing long, my brain is in enough pain as it is.
OK, the punishment for not worshipping him is unjust, and any understanding, all knowing God wouldn't do that.

If somebody was mentally retarded their whole life and couldn't even comprehend complex communication skills let alone the Bible, I find it extremely unfair that God would punish them for not worshipping him by making them burn for eternity. The same goes for the environment: if I was born in Tibet or Somalia where everybody is one religion and that religion is the norm, then since I haven't even been exposed to the Bible or the idea of another religion, it's unfair that I should suffer for eternity because I believed in the wrong religion.

How am I even supposed to know which religion to pick? Some dude in a robe and the people that live around here say this religion is the right one and it's all about "faith", so I just go with it? Is religion a popularity contest? What do I base my religion on? How beneficial it is to society, the morals, and so on? There's really no way to know what religion is the true one, and since there are dozens if not hundreds of religions around the world, the idea that you will burn in hell forever if you're not born in the right geographic location with the availability of being exposed to that religion is unfair.

I would love to have that conversation with God and see how he thinks it's a fair punishment.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
wrong pasting
edit on 12-7-2011 by bogomil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Why the hell would I waste the time "studying" that book when religion is filled with flaws?

And over 90% of the world's population says your wrong. Millions have had their prayers answered and agree 100% with the ideas which you think are flawed. How would you explain that?

Does 'understanding' mean agreeing with you, or is there some external 'understanding-method' you can refer to?

90% of the worlds populations does NOT agree on, HOW TupacShakur 'is wrong'. Do you, for the duration, include e.g. muslims in your camp, to make the statistics look better. Anyway there's no safety in numbers.

(Statistics which by the way are cosmetic, but never mind that).

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I'm not dodging your reply, but in all fairness we have gone off topic.
Yeah that tends to happen alot in religious debates.

OK, the punishment for not worshipping him is unjust, and any understanding, all knowing God wouldn't do that.

If somebody was mentally retarded their whole life and couldn't even comprehend complex communication skills let alone the Bible, I find it extremely unfair that God would punish them for not worshipping him by making them burn for eternity. The same goes for the environment: if I was born in Tibet or Somalia where everybody is one religion and that religion is the norm, then since I haven't even been exposed to the Bible or the idea of another religion, it's unfair that I should suffer for eternity because I believed in the wrong religion.

How am I even supposed to know which religion to pick? Some dude in a robe and the people that live around here say this religion is the right one and it's all about "faith", so I just go with it? Is religion a popularity contest? What do I base my religion on? How beneficial it is to society, the morals, and so on? There's really no way to know what religion is the true one, and since there are dozens if not hundreds of religions around the world, the idea that you will burn in hell forever if you're not born in the right geographic location with the availability of being exposed to that religion is unfair.

I would love to have that conversation with God and see how he thinks it's a fair punishment.

I have to admit that those are some good questions, I will not pretend to have the answer because I don't. But I will say this, I do believe that God is all forgiven in such cases, if you have never heard of His Goodness than He cannot punish you for not knowing and therefore you would get a free pass. However, I also believe that if the word of Christ has been presented and you reject it, then that would be your own fault. Because you heard it, but freely chose not to accept it. That's not God's fault, he is giving man plenty of chances to believe, but all He is getting is a slap in the face.
edit on 13-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
Ambivalence is a state of having simultaneous, conflicting feelings toward a person or thing.

This is evidenced by what we read in the Bible.

The Book tells the future.

Think about it. You'll see what I say is true.

Dear SuperiorEd,
I sadly thought you'd had a moment of lucidity and opened your eyes a little, but the above makes me realise that is not the case. For the second time, from me anyway, in my responses to you:
The Bible is man made fabricated hogwash. It has been proven to have no basis in historical fact, has tenuous links to real historical events, has no secondary or tertiary sources etc.. blah blah.

If you're going to believe, then believe, but don't do so because of what is written in the Bible. In 2000 years time, people could very well believe in some other fictional character in some other "book". Think about that rather than asking enlightened people to go back to thinking like people did in the dark ages.

Blind faith is .. well... blind!

T

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

It is obvious you are young. Hold your stand against God. You will need years of struggle in life to gain perspective. Life has a funny way of leading us toward truth. If you broaden yourself out toward helping others and seeing them as equals, truth embraces you at every turn.

Sodom and Gomorrah would make the streets of Syria look like Disney. God is a just judge. We all expect justice when we are wronged by others. Sodom was a place of ultimate pride where no justice existed. Hedonism was the rule. They were given over to everything that we stand against with our understanding of freedom and justice; truth and liberty. I am not speaking to the lifestyle that was evident in the story. I am speaking of where this self love leads. Lawlessness is what it is. Put it in perspective as you begin to see our rights disappear in America. As we walk away from faith, tyranny steps in to steal, kill and destroy. Justice is necessary if men are to live free. Sodom was an example to all of us.

Originally posted by vjr1113
reply to post by SuperiorEd

ppl shouldnt believe in the trendiest religion.

god is not always good, Sodom and Gomorrah, just to name one example.

bible prophecies are so vague, you can pick lots of places in time where they could fit.

edit on 10-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

you dont know who or what ive done. you look at me as a fool, i look at you like just another christian. you took a cheap shot at me, well two can play.

you can believe in whatever made up fantasy garbage you want and preach your little book all you want, but realize you are living an illusion.

one thing is to debate, another is to insult.

now implying that the bible has any shred of fact to it, which it doesn't because it is pure made up nonsense, what crime did SnG commit? not believing in god?

should all non christians be put do death? should their virgin daughters be taken as slaves to those who claim to follow the "true god"?

immoral fool, and im not even insulting you because it is what you are. anyone that believes mythology is reality is a fool. any one that believes that ppl should die because they dont respect your imaginary friend is an immoral fool.

you are the defender of religious extremists that wish to end the lives of nonbelievers. and why? does it make you feel superior? what good reason is there to believe in a god? if he cant help you why pray? if he can help you, why wont he help others?

you're going to kick yourself real hard when you realize there is no god and that you've wasted so much of your life on some silly book that belongs in the fiction section.

but alas! ppl are waking up and starting to deny ignorance. christianity will slowly go away, and all of your words will be in vein.

you have no idea how many times ive heard your arguments... nothing you have presented in your threads in new to me or ats. one day you will run out of excuses and by the looks of your insults, that day comes near. so please stop hiding behind you book and making excuses. god is not good. religion is poison. a cancer that doesn't want to end. i dont even resent god, i resent you and the ignorant arguments you make. do you even believe you might have it wrong? of course you dont right? you've figured it out.

so enjoy my post. deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I can't help you if you don't realize that Matthew 24 was written 1900 years ago and describes today's world. It tells us about today from the past. It explains what is happening now from our previous perspective. This means that God can draw the future into the past for us to see as it comes by our view. This is drawing the future into the past. God has been there, is there and is everywhere.

Man cannot travel back in time to leave messages. Man can, however, draw his past into the future as a new choice. When you make a poor choice, this creates your past. You draw on this experience to make a new choice in the future. When you make a new choice, the new outcome creates a better past. We have the ability to work toward a better future. God has this ability as well as working the other direction.

God has the ability to work both way in time. Are you so surprised that this could be possible for the creator of Time, Space, Matter and Energy? He can see from the future and also from the past forward. I can't help you if you don't understand how time works for a God that is not bound by it. You doubt God by limiting Him in your mind. He has no limits. He is infinity for every opposite. High low, fast slow, and yes, past future.

A computer programmer can stop a program and examine the code sequence and make changes. These days, programmers can change code as the program runs. They are manipulating code so that the program runs forward to manipulate data is it arrives. If you are familiar with programming sequences, you know they run in loops with if then statements. Reality and time should be similarly adjusted for a God who programmed it all. If ATS has taught us anything, it is that reality is not always what appears to our perspective.

You demonize me for thinking beyond my tiny awareness. That's okay with me. Just don't expect me to bow to the criticism. We live in an amazing universe and I am bold enough to examine the evidence from two perspectives, both science and religion. I do not confine myself to one box as I examine all perspectives and weigh the evidence. The Bible is the only solid foundation available and the most reliable to meet the requirements of what is observed in science.

If you want to stay in your box, feel free.

Originally posted by torqpoc

Ambivalence is a state of having simultaneous, conflicting feelings toward a person or thing.

This is evidenced by what we read in the Bible.

The Book tells the future.

Think about it. You'll see what I say is true.

Dear SuperiorEd,
I sadly thought you'd had a moment of lucidity and opened your eyes a little, but the above makes me realise that is not the case. For the second time, from me anyway, in my responses to you:
The Bible is man made fabricated hogwash. It has been proven to have no basis in historical fact, has tenuous links to real historical events, has no secondary or tertiary sources etc.. blah blah.

If you're going to believe, then believe, but don't do so because of what is written in the Bible. In 2000 years time, people could very well believe in some other fictional character in some other "book". Think about that rather than asking enlightened people to go back to thinking like people did in the dark ages.

Blind faith is .. well... blind!

T

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I teach High School. I can spot the language, writing style and use of wording a mile away. Maybe I am wrong. How old are you?

All your posts so far have been in a rage. Give yourself time to live life before you judge God. It wouldn't matter if you were 44 years old like me, we all need to live our lives before we judge God fully. Age has a way of developing character and perspective. I have my own doubts about my faith and this is the reason I put my perspective out there to others. I test myself and my notions of truth daily. It is presumptuous to jump the gun on this as we still have lives to live, wisdom to gain and characters to grow.

It is obvious you are young. Hold your stand against God. You will need years of struggle in life to gain perspective. Life has a funny way of leading us toward truth. If you broaden yourself out toward helping others and seeing them as equals, truth embraces you at every turn.

Sodom and Gomorrah would make the streets of Syria look like Disney. God is a just judge. We all expect justice when we are wronged by others. Sodom was a place of ultimate pride where no justice existed. Hedonism was the rule. They were given over to everything that we stand against with our understanding of freedom and justice; truth and liberty. I am not speaking to the lifestyle that was evident in the story. I am speaking of where this self love leads. Lawlessness is what it is. Put it in perspective as you begin to see our rights disappear in America. As we walk away from faith, tyranny steps in to steal, kill and destroy. Justice is necessary if men are to live free. Sodom was an example to all of us.

reply to post by SuperiorEd

ppl shouldnt believe in the trendiest religion.

god is not always good, Sodom and Gomorrah, just to name one example.

bible prophecies are so vague, you can pick lots of places in time where they could fit.

edit on 10-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

you dont know who or what ive done. you look at me as a fool, i look at you like just another christian. you took a cheap shot at me, well two can play.

you can believe in whatever made up fantasy garbage you want and preach your little book all you want, but realize you are living an illusion.

one thing is to debate, another is to insult.

now implying that the bible has any shred of fact to it, which it doesn't because it is pure made up nonsense, what crime did SnG commit? not believing in god?

should all non christians be put do death? should their virgin daughters be taken as slaves to those who claim to follow the "true god"?

immoral fool, and im not even insulting you because it is what you are. anyone that believes mythology is reality is a fool. any one that believes that ppl should die because they dont respect your imaginary friend is an immoral fool.

you are the defender of religious extremists that wish to end the lives of nonbelievers. and why? does it make you feel superior? what good reason is there to believe in a god? if he cant help you why pray? if he can help you, why wont he help others?

you're going to kick yourself real hard when you realize there is no god and that you've wasted so much of your life on some silly book that belongs in the fiction section.

but alas! ppl are waking up and starting to deny ignorance. christianity will slowly go away, and all of your words will be in vein.

you have no idea how many times ive heard your arguments... nothing you have presented in your threads in new to me or ats. one day you will run out of excuses and by the looks of your insults, that day comes near. so please stop hiding behind you book and making excuses. god is not good. religion is poison. a cancer that doesn't want to end. i dont even resent god, i resent you and the ignorant arguments you make. do you even believe you might have it wrong? of course you dont right? you've figured it out.

so enjoy my post. deny ignorance.

edit on 13-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I have to admit that those are some good questions, I will not pretend to have the answer because I don't. But I will say this, I do believe that God is all forgiven in such cases, if you have never heard of His Goodness than He cannot punish you for not knowing and therefore you would get a free pass. However, I also believe that if the word of Christ has been presented and you reject it, then that would be your own fault. Because you heard it, but freely chose not to accept it. That's not God's fault, he is giving man plenty of chances to believe, but all He is getting is a slap in the face.
Yeah but even if I've been exposed to "the word of Christ" and had the opportunity to understand that religion, there are still dozens of other religion that tell me the same thing. There is no way to know what religion is the right one, and since many tend to contradict each other by saying that their God is the one true God and any other is false, then that leads me to believe that none of them are true.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Yeah but even if I've been exposed to "the word of Christ" and had the opportunity to understand that religion, there are still dozens of other religion that tell me the same thing. There is no way to know what religion is the right one, and since many tend to contradict each other by saying that their God is the one true God and any other is false, then that leads me to believe that none of them are true.

I agree it is a tough call, I dealt with the same issue. The reason I chose the one I did was because I found more personal peace, the music, the teachings and fellowship just works for me. I've studied all of the major religions and read all of their text, including attending some of their studies, expect for Buddhist, I haven't attended any of their studies yet, but I have studied their text.

IMO the Bible has alot to offer, of all of the text I have read none of them actually spoke to me the way the Bible does, it's filled with promises, it's also filled with death and destruction. But if one really took the time to read it without bias they would see that God is in fact good, he just plays by different rules than we do. I still have my struggles with some parts, but that is not enough to make me turn away, it's just that certain parts have not been fully revealed to me yet. That's the way any religious text works, it takes deep study in order to understand why they believe the way they do. In other words you can't judge a book by it's cover, or even the short description for that matter.

I can guarantee that anyone who reads the books of Psalms and Proverbs will find more than one verse that will feel as though that verse is speaking directly to you. These two books alone hold alot of power and I would challenge any atheist to read these in their entirety.

If we only look for the bad we will find it, if we look for the good we will also find it.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join