It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is GOOD and I will defend Him. A Challenge for Atheists

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Here is a great video series on the name of God in Hebrew. A Name literally means character. God's name is His character. Taking the Lord's name in vane is misrepresenting His Character. Very interesting series. LINK to website.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Taking the Lord's name in vane is misrepresenting His Character.

Yes, you're correct. Taking the Lord's name in vain has nothing to do with vocabulary, but one of ambassadorship.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
God is a blessing to those who love Him and represent Him by reflecting His character to others by their own good actions. This second video represents the blessing of this attitude toward others in love.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
God takes His character (name) and places it on us. The gift to us is His goodness. It is reciprocal to us and others. God bestowed this to us first. We must keep (guard/customs/directions) His character (goodness on the prescribed path) by obedience in our own characters.

edit on 21-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Repentance is a turning from former character. LINK This is turning the face to God on the path. God is with us as out character changes.

Psalm 119:105 (KJV) ” Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path “.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Taking the Lord's name in vane is misrepresenting His Character.

Yes, you're correct. Taking the Lord's name in vain has nothing to do with vocabulary, but one of ambassadorship.

I have also come to the conclusion that blasphemy against the holy spirit is denying God has consciousness preexisting man. This is equivalent to removing God from scientific study from the bias against Him. The flaming sword protects the tree of life. It is not forgiven since they deny the name (character) of God in disbelief from hatred and not merely error. I believe Christ died for those in error, all of them, but those in denial by hatred will be in the name of the one they represent--themselves.

Can this be forgiven? The Bible says no, but is it possible? If they take on the name (character) of God, they no longer are alive to the first character and I believe God could give them a new name. Love covers a multitude of sins. What do you see in the word blasphemy?

edit on 21-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The last video deals with the relief of fellowship with God and others in love, friendship and the favor of God in his home. We are lifted up from the fall on the path. God establishes by His Grace (unmerited favor) into His peace and rest. Restoration is through the fulfillment of the law by Christ. Peace of Jerusalem is the restoration through its original order of the temple and the Messiah King.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

What do you see in the word blasphemy?

I see blasphemy of the Holy Spirit as a lifetime of denying Christ. The Holy Spirit testifies of Christ, convicts man of sin and his need for a Savior.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I see blasphemy of the Holy Spirit as a lifetime of denying Christ. The Holy Spirit testifies of Christ, convicts man of sin and his need for a Savior.

Right. I assume the same. As long as we are given the breath and consciousness, we are able to choose. I also see the John 3 quote, "you must be born again" as being without option. Until Christ finally translates us to a new vehicle (body), we are bound to a body walking the prescribed path. This gives credence to predestination and then the final judging of works. Christ clears us of the law but rewards what is done in love to others. This, to me, represents the refiner's fire burning the dross from our lives. Christ is the touchstone revealing the gold which remains. Reminds me of the Doerksen song below.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
If there was a god here's your proof

Exodus 20:4-6
you shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath or that is in the water under the earth: you shall not bow down to them or serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous (jealousy is a human sin) God, Visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me,but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Right. I assume the same. As long as we are given the breath and consciousness, we are able to choose. I also see the John 3 quote, "you must be born again" as being without option. Until Christ finally translates us to a new vehicle (body), we are bound to a body walking the prescribed path. This gives credence to predestination and then the final judging of works. Christ clears us of the law but rewards what is done in love to others. This, to me, represents the refiner's fire burning the dross from our lives. Christ is the touchstone revealing the gold which remains. Reminds me of the Doerksen song below.

The very weak point in this reasoning is, that the supportive tool 'holy spirit' actually isn't a christian copyright phenomenon (as is also the case with several other christian doctrinal crutches).

'Holy spirits' exist outside christianity and 'support' (notice the apostrophes) other theist systems.

Recently I participated on another thread with a 'holy spirit' direction, and my conclusion (unanswered) was, that either is the christian 'holy spirit' holier than other 'holy spirits',....... or that 'holy spirits' need 'approval' (which I strongly suspect would mean CHRISTIAN approval). In which case of 'christian approval' we are back to the great theist confusion of circular argumentation:

"Christian premises 'prove' christian premises and are thus exclusive as premises go".

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

The very weak point in this reasoning is, that the supportive tool 'holy spirit' actually isn't a christian copyright phenomenon (as is also the case with several other christian doctrinal crutches).

'Holy spirits' exist outside christianity and 'support' (notice the apostrophes) other theist systems.

You have a way of saying something with no context provided. Examples?

Recently I participated on another thread with a 'holy spirit' direction, and my conclusion (unanswered) was, that either is the christian 'holy spirit' holier than other 'holy spirits',....... or that 'holy spirits' need 'approval' (which I strongly suspect would mean CHRISTIAN approval). In which case of 'christian approval' we are back to the great theist confusion of circular argumentation:

"Christian premises 'prove' christian premises and are thus exclusive as premises go".

Link to thread? Examples. Links to other Holy Spirits? References so we can research? This is more blanket statements with no support.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amatoremsapeientiae
If there was a god here's your proof

Exodus 20:4-6
you shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath or that is in the water under the earth: you shall not bow down to them or serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous (jealousy is a human sin) God, Visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me,but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.

thats not proof, thats a quote from an ancient text that may or may not have been altered by men. Got anything that can be backed by any of the 5 senses. Something that proves the existence god with real evidence?

If you can't, then the answer is that God doesn't exist. The burden of proof lies on those who believe in the illogical, not those who question what they cannot see.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
My first thread on ATS and the challenge remains in favor of God being Good. Many threads later and now on my second username, and God prevails. Here is a good example.

Fallen Angels 1 - RUMI the Sufi Knew Christ

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

My first thread on ATS and the challenge remains in favor of God being Good.
I disagree and belive you never made that point stick.
All you have done is what Nixon did when he said nothing he did could be illegal, because he was the president.
Your conclusion is an exercise in circular logic, that whatever He did was good because He was God.
The Old Testament describes an evil god, that's just a fact.
If you think the OT description of God is accurate and good, then you have no business being a Christian.
You should convert to Judaism and have done with it because the Christian God is directly opposed to the OT version of a god.
Evil was allowed to flourish under an evil god for a reason, and now we have the explanation, which is we can now appreciate the good God we now know of through Jesus, the Father of Christ, who no man has ever seen. That means He is not the same person as the OT god who was very much an ordinary sort of person and indistinguishable from other men, except by certain gifted ones with the power of discernment.
edit on 24-2-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Jesus and Adam are the same end of one loaf. When Jesus says, "I and the Father are one," he is referring to Adam.

Colossians 1

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

The first soul is the Son of God. Christ is the head,as it says above. He is the head of the body, the church (Humanity). We, who are many, are one loaf of bread.

1 Corinthians 10

And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

1 Corinthians 15

If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”[f]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

Adam is the heel on one end that allowed the error to come in. Adam on the other end is Jesus, the first born among the dead. In other words, all of humanity was born up to the first century. When Jesus said, "You must be born again, he was referring to the last three days of creation, the time it would take to raise the temple again. All of humanity is the Son of God. As 1 Cor 10 states, "we, who are many, are one loaf."

When you condemn Christ, you are really judging yourself to judgment. In the same manner you judge others, you judge yourself. You will be judged the same.

Job 19

25 I know that my redeemer[c] lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.[d]
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet[e] in[f] my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!
28 “If you say, ‘How we will hound him,
since the root of the trouble lies in him,[g]’
29 you should fear the sword yourselves;
for wrath will bring punishment by the sword,
and then you will know that there is judgment.

Job knew two facts. 1) His Redeemer (ADAM) would live again. 2) The error lies in him. So does the salvation. Judge not lest ye be judged is what Christ said. Why? Because every despicable than that has been done on Earth was done by the Son being raised here on Earth. That Son is us.

Do you blame the Father for the Prodigal Son? You shouldn't. The heel crushes the head of Satan. We, who are many, do this part with Christ. We have the victory through the Son, without which, we would not have life. God is good even if his children are not.

Genesis 3

And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring[a] and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

Originally posted by jmdewey60

My first thread on ATS and the challenge remains in favor of God being Good.
I disagree and belive you never made that point stick.
All you have done is what Nixon did when he said nothing he did could be illegal, because he was the president.
Your conclusion is an exercise in circular logic, that whatever He did was good because He was God.
The Old Testament describes an evil god, that's just a fact.
If you think the OT description of God is accurate and good, then you have no business being a Christian.
You should convert to Judaism and have done with it because the Christian God is directly opposed to the OT version of a god.
Evil was allowed to flourish under an evil god for a reason, and now we have the explanation, which is we can now appreciate the good God we now know of through Jesus, the Father of Christ, who no man has ever seen. That means He is not the same person as the OT god who was very much an ordinary sort of person and indistinguishable from other men, except by certain gifted ones with the power of discernment.
edit on 24-2-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Job said he now believes because he had seen God in person, obviously not the same God Jesus presented.
The Jews who ended up killing Jesus said they knew God.
Jesus said they didn't, and that their knowledge came from below.
They worshiped the god of hell as their God, we don't, we worship the God in Heaven who Jesus knows.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
We don't know the Son or the Father.

Luke 10:22, "All things are delivered (revealed) to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the son, and he to whom the son will reveal him."

We can't until the Holy Spirit arrives. Right now, we only have a comforter while the groom is away.

Age 1 2000 years is the age of the Father (Adam to Abraham)

Age 2 2000 years is the age of the Son (Issac to Jesus)

Age 3 2000 years is the age of the Holy Spirit (The Bride / Church)

Day of the Lord 1000 years is the consummation of the bride to Christ.

The next Age is that produced by the Son and Bride. We cannot know the Father or Son until we know our groom fully. During the Age of the Father, we were under the guardian of the Law. During the Age of the Son, we were under the punishment of the law. During the age of the Holy Spirit, we have been under faith. In the coming age, we will learn of the groom as fact. Faith will no longer be necessary.

Galatians 3

Children of God

23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized (IMMERSED BACK IN THE WATER TO BE BORN AGAIN) into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

What is the promise? Coming out of Egypt, occupying a new promised land (Earth II). The groom has been away building the new home. This is Jewish custom before the consumption. The groom then comes back for the bride and leaves the previous Father behind. They go join the new family. We don't know the groom until this happens.

Job said he now believes because he had seen God in person, obviously not the same God Jesus presented.
The Jews who ended up killing Jesus said they knew God.
Jesus said they didn't, and that their knowledge came from below.
They worshiped the god of hell as their God, we don't, we worship the God in Heaven who Jesus knows.

edit on 24-2-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Apparently you have your own religion by mixing several other religions together.
I am a Christian and have one God.
There is one Lord, who is Jesus.
You may not know him but Christians do.
They are not waiting around for someone else to appear.
Christians who follow the New Testament rather than the books you accept, understand there are only two ages, the one before Christ, and the one after.
We are in the new age now and we have our lord now.
You missed it and I am sorry you did and that you follow devils.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Apparently you have your own religion by mixing several other religions together.
I am a Christian and have one God.
There is one Lord, who is Jesus.
You may not know him but Christians do.
They are not waiting around for someone else to appear.
Christians who follow the New Testament rather than the books you accept, understand there are only two ages, the one before Christ, and the one after.
We are in the new age now and we have our lord now.
You missed it and I am sorry you did and that you follow devils.

All of the prophets would disagree with you. Mankind was taken through a process that involved law. Law was engaged to show mankind what happens when we choose our own authority over that of God. The same Son of God that said Adam would crush the head of Satan is the same one that you are embracing. That Son is the same as Adam Kadmon mentioned by the Hebrews and is the LORD of the material creation in Genesis 2. God created paradise in Genesis 1. Adam Kadmon Adam was cast to the material image from paradise. This is the prodigal son in the wilderness.

Read that wiki carefully. You cannot separate the concept from the truth of what Colossians 1 says.

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

According to the OT Jubilee laws, a kinsman must be the one that redeems the slave. Adam was the one that fell, but Eve was who the fall came through:

1 Timothy 2

13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women[c] will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Adam was the Son of God. Eve was the Spirit taken from Adam to allow new life. The fall came in our consciousness. It was a requirement for there to be division from unity. The atrocities you see in the OT are not from an evil God. He was separated from the Son. The Son was the one in the wilderness acting as head of the body (Humanity). The Lord of the OT is the one being raised in the wilderness by the experience. There was only one time in that history that God was proud of his Son. That was in the first century when he was baptized into the Holy Spirit. We will all experience this. Adam was the first fruits of those who would be born again later.

1 Corinthians 15

If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”[f]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. 46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven. 48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we[g] bear the image of the heavenly man.

50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

You can ignore scripture if you like. You can ignore the thread it weaves. What I describe is no typical theology because we are relying on the outer shell instead of reading the symbols. The symbols are where the truth resides.

edit on 25-2-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join