It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GETTING USED TO LIFE WITHOUT FOOD - Wall Street, BP, Bio-Ethanol And The Death Of Millions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
GETTING USED TO LIFE WITHOUT FOOD - Wall Street, BP, Bio-Ethanol And The Death Of Millions

Food is one of those funny things it's hard to live without. We all tend to take it for granted that our local supermarket will continue to offer whatever we wish, in abundance, at affordable prices or nearly so. Yet living without adequate food is the growing prospect facing hundreds of millions, if not billions, of us over the coming years.

In a sense it's a genuine paradox. Our planet has everything we need to produce nutritious natural food to feed the entire world population many times over. This is the case, despite the ravages of industrialized agriculture over the past half century or more.

Then, how can it be that our world faces, according to some predictions, the prospect of a decade or more of famine on a global scale? The answer lies in the forces and interest groups that have decided to artificially create a scarcity of nutritious food. The problem has several important dimensions.

Eliminating emergency reserves

The ability to manipulate the price of essential foods worldwide at will -- almost irrespective of today's physical supply and demand for grains -- is quite recent. It is also scarcely understood.

Read more at:

www.truthwinds.com...

A very interesting read, and Kissinger is on record for stating, “Control oil, you control nations; control food and you control the people.” Some people are thinking that the world is going to end in some huge catastrophe, but I think humanity will be culled by an engineered food shortage. How long can you go on without any food?

With China having bought the majority of the current corn crop, and a global wheat shortage, we may soon find out.
edit on Sun Jul 3 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: ex tags

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
So.. learn to fish, hunt and trap.. along with growing your own produce? These are all valuable skills that are more beneficial to know then to not.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
So.. learn to fish, hunt and trap.. along with growing your own produce? These are all valuable skills that are more beneficial to know then to not.

Now take a moment and picture the entire population in the woods with guns.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

I would hide.

edit on 3-7-2011 by InertiaZero because: ............

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Haha ok I know who I won't be feeding when the shtf :]

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Of course some would be engineering a food shortage if they could, for profit. The problem is we can see it happening and no one wants to believe it is possible. Physically we know how to do it and we can see it happening.

Mentally, Spiritually, or Emotionally no one wants to believe that one or possibly thousands would be so willing to kill millions just to feel a sense of control.

Maybe fasting is something to look in to. If you can control how you feel and act while you are really hungry, maybe we won't have to "all be in the woods with guns".

We will think more clearly and not let it get to that point. Also if you are used to controlling major impulses like appetite now, without stealing, murdering, or any other negative-aspect means, yourself and everyone around you will be better off if or when something were to happen.

God Bless
edit on 3-7-2011 by eazyriderl_l because: editing

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero

I would hide.

edit on 3-7-2011 by InertiaZero because: ............

Haha you'd be ok lol I don't know why anyone would think everyone would be hunting.. all at the same time.. not in a group.. in only woods..

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Now write a post with reasonable meaning.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

You would have to. Eventually we would be eating people since there'd be so many of them laying around it would be easier than tracking the game to high country where they all ran off to the moment the populace began firing.
Well that wouldn't be funny...no.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Oh good lord, the sheeple armed with weapons in the woods. Now that is a nightmare, a true nightmare none of us want to face.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

You would have to. Eventually we would be eating people since there'd be so many of them laying around it would be easier than tracking the game to high country where they all ran off to the moment the populace began firing.

Most of America are fatties, go for the jocks! They eat best so they taste best!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by josh2009s

Now write a post with reasonable meaning.

Seriously. You have to consider these solutions before you propose them I think and consider them from every angle. This has been our problem in the past. Bad answers and we're sticking to them.

There is no one pat answer to the problems presented in the OPs excellent initial thread post and to suggest there are minimizes the importance and significance of the information presented. It should be considered thoughtfully and not dismissed out of hand with a "solution" from Daniel Boone.

Heading to the woods with our guns and sustenance farming are good answers but en mass they are hardly realistic answers for all. You have solved part of the problem. Great. Now there's more. Put your thinking cap on yourself.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Sounds like its time to brush up on the ol' hunter gatherer skills.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The worlds population won't be in the woods hunting. Most people live in urban areas, cities, suburbs. what have you. I suggest gtfo of the city if shtf, i mean get out ASAP.

You do not want to be in the city when s goes downhill. Just be worried about feeding yourself and your loved ones, get out into the middle of nowhere, and live from there. Rural areas are the best, very little traffic, and nice people.

Stick it to them, grow a garden, you can grow one anywhere. You can grow one in your apartment if you had to!

Also understand that in the event of a food shortage, crime is going to go through the roof. the population is going to partially die due to that, not only starvation. A lot of people just do not have the skills to hunt, fish, or anything. Ask a city boy if he's ever fished or shot a deer. Probably not.
edit on 3/7/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Most of America are fatties, go for the jocks! They eat best so they taste best!

And easiest targets. Fatties generally have someone else forage for their food though. They may end up being a delicacy. Oh no...Not another tough grizzly string bean. That damned recession made people too thin to enjoy!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I was only defending the OP. Thanks for the second post with the clarification, star for you.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

With China having bought the majority of the current corn crop, and a global wheat shortage, we may soon find out.

China can have the corn since much of it grown here today is so bad other countries won't feed it to their people.
Monsanto has developed a breed of corn that emits a controlled released pesticide during it's life cycle and so this corn has to be regulated by both the FDA and the EPA since it is classified as a food and a pesticide.

You tell me if they have plans to kill us with the food?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by josh2009s

I was only defending the OP. Thanks for the second post with the clarification, star for you.

Well thanks. Sorry about the misunderstanding. I support the OP 100%.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Learning to harvest bugs is a good way to go too. Crickets and the like are nutritious and easy to grow a lot of. Although I fear that roving gangs of cannibals is probably more likely to occur.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

I'll eat a human before I eat a bug

I don't want to have to go that far but damn! Nobody is gonna eat bugs in a first world country who's not crazy! No offense to anybody who does but....come on

top topics

<<   2 >>

join