It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halperin Calls President Obama a D*CK!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
so why didn't they use the 7-second thingy? Only because the word isn't on some watchlist? Too funny.

Apparently they do have a 7 second delay where they can bleep stuff, but they just hired a new Producer and he didn't know where the button was. No Kidding.

Can picture this guy, first week on the job scrambling to bleep one of the reporters calling the President a D*ck ...and only having 7 seconds to find the button!

THAT is a bad day at work.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Thats my favorite chimp picture of Bush.

He clearly did some stuff that would qualify as Richardish. My favorite is when he mocked the woman on death row in Texas, "Oh pwease dont kwill me." That was his biggest Richard moment in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

I strongly suggest that you make a separate thread about the Rural Council that your YouTube video discusses. That is an important topic.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

edit on 1-7-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I am always conflicted on GWB. I think there is nothing sinister about him and that he always thought he was doing the right thing, I just think he was perhaps the most easily used and manipulated POTUS in recent history.

Something about profound arrogance mixed with prideful ignorance that makes people suitable to manipulation. Cheney, Rumsfield and crew never really had to break a sweat to push his buttons and get him to go where they wanted...and when he went, he went with conviction and gusto! Even if it was into a cluster-ef of a war under false premises. Easily manipulated, Juvenile, not the brightest bulb, but in the end someone who would do the right thing if he could tell up from down. My take anyways. Good intentions - bad at reality. Glad he is gone.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I agree with you that he really did think he was doing the right thing by and large.

But mocking the woman being executed in Texas was really Richardish, no matter how you slice it, and I really dont think he is the nicest guy on the planet in general. I dont think he is evil, just a spoiled rich boy, who is utterly unware of, and thus scornful of, what its really like to have to make your own way in the world.

I dont really blame him for it, how could he know when he has always had a wealthy and powerful family? But it does tend to make some people Richards, and I think thats true for him.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If he got suspended, it's because he said dick on the air. Also, this only goes to show you professionalism in the MSM is dead. Calling the president names? Great. Give me news, not some schmuck calling Obama names on the air.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
well, here's my look on this issue:

Obama called Kanye' West a jackass(and rightfully so)

Halperin Called Obama a "male lower body projectile" (i havent seen obamas' speech, so i can't leed credence to why Halperin called him such)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I definitely have a problem with him being suspended.

The man is voicing his opinion. It wasn't violent or threatening. He called TPOTUS a D@$&.
He is entitled to his opinion and he's entitled to state it. I say boooo for suspending him.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hey, if the shoe fits......

Actually, calling him a dick is kind, compared to what I call him....

If that makes me a racist, so be it.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Indigo5

Keith Olber-goob, caling her a dumb-ass.

Where was your shock and disgust?

*cricket*
*cricket*
*cricket*

Again, T&C doesn't allow me to post the female anatomy comments.

Where in that clip did he call her a "dumb-ass" or anything derogatory? I don't think you even watched the clip, you just saw the title and Olbermann's face and assumed that's what he said, when it's obvious that the only person who called Palin a "dumb-ass" was the person who made and titled that particular video clip.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I'm not trying to get banned but the President has used the term "tea bagger" to describe the Tea Party demonstrators. Demonstrators who were exercising specific Constitutional rights enumerated in the US Constitution such as the right to peaceably assemble and the right to petition their government for a redress of grievances. These are not "invented" rights like abortion and gay rights. Anyway the term "tea bagger" is a vicious smear used exclusively in the homosexual world to describe a specific homosexual behavior. Everyone in every news room and city desk in America knew exactly what the smear meant. The rest of us had to look it up and of course we were horrified.
But here's the rub. No pun intended. What about the rumor that just will not go away? You know the one I mean. He was caught en flagrante in the back of a limo with a guy when he was running for the US Senate wasn't he? If that rumor is true, shouldn't we be calling him "dick breath" instead of dick?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
He Obviously had 'Racial Undertones' i'm calling 'Racist'!

All Sarcasm aside, if a female was president and was told she was doing a horrid job, people would claim 'Sexist' it's the propaganda machine at it's finest

How's calling him a D*ck being a racist?...now if he called him a black D*ck..that might be racist

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumpy20

Except for the fact that those in the tea party were the first ones to brandy about the "tea bag" double entendre.

The first big day for this movement was Tax Day, April 15. And organizers had a gimmick. They asked people to send a tea bag to the Oval Office. One of the exhortations was “Tea Bag the Fools in D.C.” A protester was spotted with a sign saying, “Tea Bag the Liberal Dems Before They Tea Bag You.” So, conservatives started it: started with this terminology. But others ran with it and ran with it.

crooksandliars.com

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Torgo

Except for the fact that those in the tea party were the first ones to brandy about the "tea bag" double entendre.

The first big day for this movement was Tax Day, April 15. And organizers had a gimmick. They asked people to send a tea bag to the Oval Office. One of the exhortations was “Tea Bag the Fools in D.C.” A protester was spotted with a sign saying, “Tea Bag the Liberal Dems Before They Tea Bag You.” So, conservatives started it: started with this terminology. But others ran with it and ran with it.

crooksandliars.com

One sign does not represent the whole TPM. Really, that's a stretch.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

The man is voicing his opinion. It wasn't violent or threatening. He called TPOTUS a D@$&.
He is entitled to his opinion and he's entitled to state it. I say boooo for suspending him.

Want to voice your opinion and call Your President a dick? Do it on a blog, not on a news network.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

How can anyone take your post seriously especially when you mentioned teabagging is a term in the "homosexuality world" ???!

The President didn't use profanity to criticize a group of racists. This guy did to criticize the President.

Oh whatever. If Ron Paul became President and someone called him a Dick on television, I doubt there'd be a thread about it.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Originally posted by spinalremain

Want to voice your opinion and call Your President a dick? Do it on a blog, not on a news network.

Why not?
People watch his segment because they want his opinion.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Here I go again failing to conform to the mold as a liberal set forth by the extreme right. Given the context, it was somewhat of a tongue in cheek statement to which I respond big whoop. Besides he is entitled to his opinion, if you've read any of the book "Game Change" you'd know he is pretty objective. The comment was in no way racist.

You see we progressives really do have fairness gene. (I called for Weiner's resignation) Besides I thought he was talking about the former Vice President. This is all much ado about nothing except the OP getting his vicarious jollies off. He has a bad case of schadenfreude.

/MD

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

It was the leaders of the TPM that first sent out an email telling protestors to "Tea Bag the Fools in D.C.”, it wasn't just a slogan on one protestors sign. The other members of the TPM ran with it and began wearing tea bags on their hats and dumping tea bags into bodies of water in a symbolic nod toward the Boston tea party:

LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP) — A large box of tea bags was dumped from a Lafayette bridge into the Wabash River as part of a series of tax-day protests being held across the country.

recordonline.com

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join