It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planning on heading for the hills or the woods when you hear the SHTF? You are not wanted.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

You are absolutely right, I knew exactly what you meant from the beginning.
I don't know whats wrong with the rest of these people.
My guess is either they only read the title, or they can't get past anything more than 2 sentences, or both for that matter.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
the beginny post on this thread is ridiculous. The human drive is an amazing thing, I dont care what animals, bugs, lack of luxury there are. Many of the people who plan that route have already factored that in. Oh yea btw like its been said above when SHTF I don't care if its your land or not if its a decision of my family surviving vs you having your precious land. You will lose.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Woodland survival skills will be moot in most city dweller's cases, I'm afraid.

If it is your first reaction to hit the timberline and hunker down, how many others do you think got the same idea?

Ironically, in a 'everybody for themselves' situation, gangs will rule the day.

They have weapons, and practice.

A civilian's best chance for survival is to watch the signs very closely and get out of the cities early.

I live in a very small farming community, and, save the lights, most things around here won't change much.

I guess people will make their own choices as to who is worthy of sharing food with and who is just taking needed supplies.

That is a completely subjective thing, but I will say this:

I'd rather die as a member in good standing of the human race, than live as a selfish animal.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'll I read was "If you are cityfolk, don't get near the woods, because you are too stupid to survive.. the bugs and critters will getcha!"

Yea.. ok.. whatever.

I think most humans have had some experience with the "wilds" of America. Many are ex military, who have experienced this enough to know what to do. Many go camping. Many have relatives who live in ranches, etc. People are not utter morons, for the most part. They -can- survive in less than stellar conditions. You act as if if someone "enjoys" air conditioning and heat, they will get frostbite, heatstroke or hypothermia within hours.

In Colorado (where I live), a huge % of the population is quite savvy without outdoor activities. I suppose some who only live in the city may struggle.. but c'mon, masses of locusts and deadly snakes are not going to descend on someone as soon as they hit the hills. Nor do I feel will everyone "run for the hills." I can barely fathom a situation that will cause that to happen.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Truthfully, I think the OP lost his nerve halfway through his post.

The title seems to indicate a personal human response to land interlopers, but the post itself stops short of that insinuation, opting instead for Critters and Crawlers.

And this is a premise that is easily imagined...

If the power in any sized town were to go off, and not come back on for a month or two (or indefinitely), this situation would play itself out in some measure.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn
I live out in the middle of nowhere on five and ½ acres which abuts approximately one-hundred and twenty-six acres of pristine woodland.

Loxahatchee looks like a swamp.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Swim2themoon because: ffffuuuuuuu

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Worst thread I've read since someone tried to predict a major false flag event from a Simpsons clock. Anyone who plans on heading to the woods (which they won't have to do and is a horrible idea anyway) biggest problem won't be the little ants and tiny scorpions (depending on where you live) but the crazy f***ing people who have waited their whole lives to turn into Rambo. I'd be more afraid of getting shot than getting a rash or mosquito bite.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Swim2themoon

Also, you provided no one with anything useful here. If you are desperate to make a post, find something worthy of posting. We know there are ants and animals in the woods....This isn't news to anyone.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

I think I was very clear in my post as to what I intended to and what I did say.

If you and others are insistent on making my post something other than what I intended, I think it says more about your agenda than it does mine.

If I had started writing something and changed my mind about what I wanted to say I would have dumped the post.

The problem here is that some people cannot accept what a person has to say. They have rip every word apart until it fits their individual mind set and make the post into something they can find fault with to justify their subsequent tangents.

I am sorry. I forgot for a minute what web site I was engaging. This is no longer ATS where they boast Deny Ignorance.

This is its weak clone ATS - Advocate Tangents and Spoliation.

My mistake.

edit on 29-6-2011 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Removed an orphaned word.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Swim2themoon

I agree. There are a lot of areas that easily classify as swampland. This too can be and a pro or a con.

It also increases the skill set that you will need to safely hunker down out here.

This really isn't your regular run of the mill country landscape.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
When the illuminati turn HAARP to ultrapower in order to activate project blue beam to fool the inhabitants of niburu that we have giant space based lasersystems whatever you do DO NOT fish in this guys pond!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Just the other day I was discussing with a family member that if a SHTF situation happens it is about a days walk to his girlfriend's place. In this kind of situation there would be many people desparately traveling in search of loved ones. I can just imagine people taking shortcuts across large fields.

Please OP, if some large earth event happens, please consider placing a few signs around your property lines to warn inocent people of your intentions.

I want to add here that I agree completely that you have full right to protect your land and family. Peace.
edit on 29-6-2011 by ladyvoyageur because: change a word

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
People spray and spray and spray...

and then wonder where all the Butterflys have gone.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
folks wake up,
Red Dawn only works in the movies.

In real life, they would have been snuffed
out by a Reaper Drone.

IMO, less than 50% will ever get to this
point of having to deal with critters.

Between the Rapture and the coming cosmic
events, more than half will be gone before ever
needing a bug out bag.

That is pretty much what I was thinking.

However, apparently things won't go quite the way tptb have planned.

What will happen, we can't be sure of. For there are possibilities and I saw two timelines, we're working for the good one, where disclosure occurs and we become a level one civilization and equalize everyone, in abundance.

Thats the goal.

Otherwise, things will get worse and then much better.

To begin, Love and Kindness is the way to go. No matter what occurs, if you live through it, care about everyone around you.

I was told directly (and I believe this is a spiritual outcome, not sure this is here in the "temporal", but then again was told during contact, without a real ability to get my questions answered:

"That those who would go to the front of the lineup will be put to the back."

(Its all a test. And there are two roads, structure, choice, in this testing grounds. One is the unconditional love, serve the children, be like the shun shining on all, the good, the bad and the inbetween, judging no one, and forcing no one (ie. payed slavery to a corporation to have your own land, which you were entitled to just use like any other creature, and the resources are your to use too), the other is serving self and pyramids. There are two ways, the power of love, or the love of power.)

I was shown what Yeshua ben Joseph did, the parable of the loaves and the fishes, with an emphasis on: sharing willingly the little you have.

If you think that being ruthless and willing to kill can gain you one more week of sruvival, or even a year, know that it makes no difference then, if you go tomorrow, except for this: the frequency of progression or regression, positive or negative state you're in when you go. Thats the thing that matters.

Cooperation is the answer, and sharing.

Another thing, the ones with their drones, and dumbs, they may win for a time, but time doesn't really exist, and this world has already transformed, everything is at once.

All energies, that are eternal, without beginning or ending, including intelligences, have a teleos purpose, they upgrade.

This won't be just any cycle happening in the end. The ones in power, will find out that the true adults served the children and do so with the kindness and humility that Yeshua modeled, the one in scriptures, the one both metaphor and real.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
2 things

First why are they looking for you? you are no one important in a shtf scenario, so why are they looking for you?

Second why are you willing to kill people that are already there?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by boondock-saint
folks wake up,
Red Dawn only works in the movies.

In real life, they would have been snuffed
out by a Reaper Drone.

IMO, less than 50% will ever get to this
point of having to deal with critters.

Between the Rapture and the coming cosmic
events, more than half will be gone before ever
needing a bug out bag.

That is pretty much what I was thinking.

However, apparently things won't go quite the way tptb have planned.

What will happen, we can't be sure of. For there are possibilities and I saw two timelines, we're working for the good one, where disclosure occurs and we become a level one civilization and equalize everyone, in abundance.

Thats the goal.

Otherwise, things will get worse and then much better.

To begin, Love and Kindness is the way to go. No matter what occurs, if you live through it, care about everyone around you.

I was told directly (and I believe this is a spiritual outcome, not sure this is here in the "temporal", but then again was told during contact, without a real ability to get my questions answered:

"That those who would go to the front of the lineup will be put to the back."

(Its all a test. And there are two roads, structure, choice, in this testing grounds. One is the unconditional love, serve the children, be like the shun shining on all, the good, the bad and the inbetween, judging no one, and forcing no one (ie. payed slavery to a corporation to have your own land, which you were entitled to just use like any other creature, and the resources are your to use too), the other is serving self and pyramids. There are two ways, the power of love, or the love of power.)

I was shown what Yeshua ben Joseph did, the parable of the loaves and the fishes, with an emphasis on: sharing willingly the little you have.

If you think that being ruthless and willing to kill can gain you one more week of sruvival, or even a year, know that it makes no difference then, if you go tomorrow, except for this: the frequency of progression or regression, positive or negative state you're in when you go. Thats the thing that matters.

Cooperation is the answer, and sharing.

Another thing, the ones with their drones, and dumbs, they may win for a time, but time doesn't really exist, and this world has already transformed, everything is at once.

All energies, that are eternal, without beginning or ending, including intelligences, have a teleos purpose, they upgrade.

This won't be just any cycle happening in the end. The ones in power, will find out that the true adults served the children and do so with the kindness and humility that Yeshua modeled, the one in scriptures, the one both metaphor and real.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

It is exactly that. Service to Other star for you!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

i think your totally missing the ops point its not that its hes land and he will defend it , its that the land is hostile so be fore warned!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
When the SHTF you better be a kind peace loving individual or you days in anarchy will be short lived! Especially if you tell someone he cannot fish in your pond ... that is an invitation for a beating. There will be no laws to protect you, it will be mob rule and to tell someone that they cannot fish or hunt in my opinion will be a death sentence carried out by the one with the most guns and largest following.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
People are saying that others must "share their land," but where does it end? You cannot share your land with everyone if hundreds or thousands of people are flocking to wooded areas near a city. In my opinion, and what I would probably do in a situation such as this, is put together a decent size, well protected group, and build a compound that could be easily defended.

During the Civil War, Jefferson Davis eventually realized the importance of a strong central government, and people will realize all over again the importance of group societies.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
When I realized that tshtf was coming I thought well here is our chance to change the pattern and work together but I see I was mistaken the new dogs are nothing but the old dogs if we mas a eople can only think about ourselves then we deserve totally what is about to happen the people who started this thread do you realize you sound exactly like the governments we bitch about so much I and some friends have our hideway were we will help all we can and donot confuse that with weaknes will do what I need to do to protect my family but not at the cost of my humanity long live the meek peace

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join