It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planning on heading for the hills or the woods when you hear the SHTF? You are not wanted.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

and you are WHY I hope some survive
what a great attitude
mad love and respect for you ♥

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by osirys

Thank you.

I was beginning to think I was in the Twilight Zone!

I know this is ATS but sometimes there really is nothing between the lines.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

They will control the resources with choke points. Just the same way they will control freeways and cities.

When you understand the mentality. The coercion. The group pressure. Then the ones that are left will say yes. They will tell you they carefully protected those resources and they can extract them to rebuild while maintaining the integrity of the ecosystem.

All will agree. Copper, magnesium, aluminum, borax, salt, oil, natural gas, coal, safe, clean water, Ammonium nitrate and trace deposits for farms from the swamps. Everyone will agree, and they will promise to do the safest they can for the environment.

Now do you really think they didnt plan to protect the dollar value of those resources? They certainly don't want millions of refugees in the way when they are self thinning before the resources need harvested.

I'm just being real. Thats what is being discussed now and for the last hundred years around giant wooden tables where the contingencies are planned.

I know it sounds sucky. But what else is really within their power to do? not very much.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ya know....first let me say that if you see me moving across the land in any fashion then I'm not doing what i was trained to do. Put simply, I can and will move about as i please....unnoticed...and i do mean unnoticed.

Second, anyone that attempts to impede my travel in any fashion will be left where i find them, real quiet like. I have no beef with no one, the feeling should be mutual. In the event of the SHTF, I assure you, too many will be in absolute shock to even think about what to do next until its too late.

Look at t he big picture, your communication is out and all of a sudden there is a army of refugees traversing your property. At this point I'm sure one would be more curious than pissed off as to what the hell is going on. Those in the cities in this case will know much more about current events than say farmer bob.

Honestly I don't think it will go down as you think it might....unless of course there's no more food and this is cannibals we're talking about?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

and you are WHY I hope some survive
what a great attitude
mad love and respect for you ♥

I'm old

But if some listen and throw those almost unbelievable thoughts in with what they already know....Then I added a new hope, another angle that can mean a pinnacle difference for someone.

It wont change anything for the old timers. They know the drill and they are all just like me.....running out of time.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

so what is your suggested plan of action when SHTF.. lay low and hope?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

If you read what I said you will find the place with the greatest amount of cover and the least amount of security. Its like a patchwork quilt from google. But you also need to understand you cant take water there but from the very highest points as it flows from the ground, under the very largest timber covered ridges.

Unfortunately everything else is contaminated with forest growth herbicides. The game is relatively safe. Only the untouched plants at the older growth peaks are safe for consumption.

When you do take water, take it from artesian sources flowing from the rocks. Not from runoff or snow melt streams.

I have no clue what to do in the deserts. I couldn't stand to be exposed like that.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Lets look closer...... As to why you will agree.

They will control the resources with choke points. Just the same way they will control freeways and cities.

When you understand the mentality. The coercion. The group pressure. Then the ones that are left will say yes. They will tell you they carefully protected those resources and they can extract them to rebuild while maintaining the integrity of the ecosystem.
HOPE

All will agree. Copper, magnesium, aluminum, borax, salt, oil, natural gas, coal, safe, clean water, Ammonium nitrate and trace deposits for farms from the swamps. Everyone will agree, and they will promise to do the safest they can for the environment.
METHOD

Now do you really think they didnt plan to protect the dollar value of those resources? They certainly don't want millions of refugees in the way when they are self thinning before the resources need harvested.
PLANNING

I'm just being real. Thats what is being discussed now and for the last hundred years around giant wooden tables where the contingencies are planned.
HISTORY (of protection)

This is how they will regain trust and control.

The clues and the plan are all there. You just need to squint a little to see it.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'm just going to stay home. I don't care about bugs but depending on the events surrounding a SHTF situation, I'm not sure I care about surviving it.

And being old should have nothing to do with respecting people.

I'm not old, and I would've done the same thing you did (for my ex of course, hell even yours for that matter, if I was able)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Better hope the shtf scenario doesn't happen this time of the year. The mosquito's will eat you alive out there. They are deadly! :]

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So basically, anyone heading to the woods, from the city, is to "dainty?" You have another thing coming when people from the city, that can survive, end up better off then you. You sound like your arrogance has gotten a hold of you.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Share or die? Hmmm or, perhaps the city dwellers, unfamiliar with the ways of the woods will be the ones to die? Seriously, Saturday night specials, baseball bats, chains..... against experienced hunters and woodsmen with hunting rifles? People used to hitting targets at hundreds of yards distance and putting them down? Sounds kinda like the Redcoats and the Minutemen..... you will stick out like a Brit in a Red Coat! Gangs and mobs just mean denser target areas to hit. If I can sneak up on an elk in the woods, how do you think you would fare? It would be safer for you to just cannibalize your fellow city dwellers! I have to wonder if most people in the city think there are unlimited numbers of wildlife out there too. This isn't the 1700's and suddenly having tens or hundreds of thousands of people heading for the hills doesn't mean a deer smorgasbord for everyone. Mostly it might mean driving the wildlife off or killing them off too quickly. I for one might share with the right people with the right attitude, but if you come into our forest area unknown to us and looking to take over with a bad ass attitude and no humility, expect to never hear the bullet that ends your life.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

you must be assuming absolutely everyone doesnt know how to survive in the wild...you'd be surprised at how efficient and strong some people can become when they are forced to survive.

sure i wouldnt expect much from paris hilton or the kardashian sisters.

and weather we are wanted or not....when push comes to shove ill use whatever means necessary to get what i need.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Nothing to worry about OP . Most are all hat and no cattle and won't be bugging out no matter what comes . In just the last 6 months there has been a threat of a cosmic event , earthquakes , the New Madrid , the Yellowstone colldera , massive floods and the possibility of two nuke plants melting down right here . No one bugs out until the government tells them to evacuate . 99.9999% of the population won't even think about it and of those who say they will , 99.9999% won't .

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Well presented thread.

Best book on survival for urban survival is "When All Hell Breaks Loose" by Cody Lundin

Here is a video interview with the author:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I'm not saying city dwellers are stupid or not strong and determined to survive, not that many aren't tough and capable, but without a skill set, what do you have? The learning curve is steep. Can you set a snare? Can you stalk an animal? Start a fire? Build an adequate shelter? A very few days without clean water and food or shelter and you are already at a disadvantage. Weaker, colder. thirstier, more hungry. Without clean water you may get some fun cooties. Vomiting and diarrhea is not a good way to start. I've seen it snow every single month of the year. Are you ready for that? How easy will it be to even get to the woods? There was a thread on ATS earlier about how morals and ethics might change after a SHTF incident. We've all seen some of the movies. It could get nasty. Cooperation goes a lot farther than trying to take over, and trying to take over in Indian Territory without knowing what you're up against is like...well.... just ask Custer.

edit on 29-6-2011 by jaxnmarko because: emoticon, grammar, more words

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
Wait I have been preparing for my size family, you people who think there will be morals and values and will get handouts, that is an illusion. When the shtf it will be about every man for yourself, dont count on a freebie snatch of anything from people well prepared

Ok this is what gets me, see I am a single mother. I was raised in cities, its the only way I know how to live and although I love the "great outdoors" Ive never been camping longer than a week (and that was by the beach). I am aware of whats going on in the world and I am doing my best to prepare. I have an emergancy bag but due to finacial restrictions it is not as well stocked as I'd like it to be. I fear for my child. The thought that, if me and mine even managed to make it out of the city alive, the people who know how to survive in the wild would be so cold as to not offer any sort of assistance if me or my child was in trouble, simply because I had the mis-fortune of being born in a low-income family in a city.... Well I'm sorry but it makes me sick, what a grim future we have if "survivalists" would give up compassion for a 'holier than thou' attitude!
If country folk are like that then they are no better than the "city" folk they seem to despise so much! Not everyone is looking for a hand out. I work hard for my child and am trying to give her the best future that it is possible for me to get for her, but I would hope that in a shtf scenario people would help eachother, not watch eachother starve or worse....

As for the OP;
Bugs and beasts? So what! I'd rather go up against snakes and spiders and things that bite in the night than psycho's with guns, esspecially some of the overly possesive, un-compassionate, valueless "survivalists" that I keep seeing on these threads talking about how they arent going to help anyone because of some messed up notion that ALL city dwellers are clueless, lazy, moochers....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Dear NightSkyeB4Dawn,
Interesting post if not somewhat comical. If the SHTF your "land" will no longer be your "land". The only way you're going to be able to keep your "land" you are obviously so enamoured with is to kill anyone trespassing. Then again trespass is based on there being laws or law enforcement, which there won't be.. so kind of a moot point.

So back to killing those encroaching on your "land".. how much ammunition do you think it's going to take?

And as a final point, how very human of you to tell the ATS world, you're not welcome if TSHTF.. truly, you Sir are a model citizen. Were I in the same situation i'd be making preparations for any and all who need shelter.

Tsk tsk

T

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Ever been camping?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
If i personally walked on your proprerty tough guy id just kill you and take it
dont come in here being a richard im trained to kill to lol

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>