It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York state just passed same sex marriage bill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salamandy

It is my business. I am a voter, taxpayer member of society, and caregiver of children. Unless of course you want to legalize drunk driving too. After all, it's none of your business unless you're a drunk driver.

The key difference should be obvious...

drunk driving affects us all, gay marriage does not.
cmon, its the "behind closed doors" rule of society...no?

Gay marriage affects us all too. Just as much as say, domestic violence. Maybe we should legalize spousal homicide.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by CobraCommander

It is my business. I am a voter, taxpayer member of society, and caregiver of children. Unless of course you want to legalize drunk driving too. After all, it's none of your business unless you're a drunk driver.

Actually drunk drivers are the business of anyone they might potentially harm.

Are you under the impression being homosexual is akin to driving inebriated?

If you're scared of drunk drivers, stay home.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

The key difference should be obvious...

drunk driving affects us all, gay marriage does not.
cmon, its the "behind closed doors" rule of society...no?

Gay marriage affects us all too. Just as much as say, domestic violence. Maybe we should legalize spousal homicide.

What weddings have you been too? Usually violent weddings dont make it to the altar!
I would support a bill banning violent weddings over homosexual weddings actually...
edit on 24-6-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

What weddings have you been too? Usually violent weddings dont make it to the altar!
I would support a bill banning violent weddings over homosexual weddings actually...

How dare you infringe on my bondage wedding plans.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Excellent logic! I'm impeding their freedom by leaving my home!

I like how you continue to equate homosexuality with incest, drunk driving, spousal abuse, etc. Classy, and not one bit transparent!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by origamiandurbanism

There you go again, you say you're not a homophobe but your posts say otherwise.

Now you are equating gay people with incest. Next it'll be kitchen appliances!

Just like with the legalization of marijuana, gay marriage is just an eventuality, it's not a matter of if, just when, no use in arguing about it at this point. It's a good thing, let's get those things out of the way and move ahead as a country and deal with the real problems at hand.

Nothing I have said is homophobic.

I also didn't say anything about kitchen appliances. All I said was that any excuse to legalize gay marriage can also be said for incest marriage. If incest disgusts you, then you are a hypocrite.

And speak of "eventuality" all you want, but I think this is a political ruse and gay marriage in NY will be overturned.

No, but I do think you mentioned car batteries or something along those lines, I can't follow the logic at this point.

When incest involves minors, yeah, obviously that is and should be illegal. But the bigger picture is, how many people are in incest relationships that are demanding marriage rights? What are the health risks involved in that kind of relationship (child birth, etc.) It's a ridiculous and separate argument, there are millions of gay people in this country. And they are definitely not going anywhere.

And again, how does gay marriage affect you as a person? It doesn't. And yes, I definitely believe it is an eventuality.

If you are against gay marriage, then you are discriminating against a very large group of people, and discrimination is a form of homophobia.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

in reality i support those who want a violent wedding - even if everyone is carrying a gun and smoking cigs

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

If you're scared of married homosexuals, stay home.

Look this really does not seem like an issue that really even needs to be debated. Any action that is truly non-violent and does not intrude upon another individuals rights should not even be up for public debate. Perhaps I deem you a bad parent, so I will stop you from having children by law. You are not directly or indirectly threatening or harming another person nor infringing upon their rights so what business is it of mine to decide whether or not you should be allowed to have a child?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I like how you continue to equate homosexuality with incest, drunk driving, spousal abuse, etc. Classy, and not one bit transparent!

But he's definitely not homophobic, just remember that!

Oh no......

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

You still have not shown me how my logic is flawed. Just because YOU don't like incest, drunk driving, and masochism, it's really none of your business.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by origamiandurbanism

No, but I do think you mentioned car batteries or something along those lines, I can't follow the logic at this point.

When incest involves minors, yeah, obviously that is and should be illegal. But the bigger picture is, how many people are in incest relationships that are demanding marriage rights? What are the health risks involved in that kind of relationship (child birth, etc.) It's a ridiculous and separate argument, there are millions of gay people in this country. And they are definitely not going anywhere.

And again, how does gay marriage affect you as a person? It doesn't. And yes, I definitely believe it is an eventuality.

If you are against gay marriage, then you are discriminating against a very large group of people, and discrimination is a form of homophobia.

Discrimination is a form of homophobia? That's the stupidest thing I have heard since yesterday.

I never said anything about minors, I only said incest. The health risks involved in an incestuous relationship are none of your business, anymore than it is my business that gay butt sex without condoms gives you AIDS.

Now since you brought it up, there are millions of pedophiles in this country, I think it's high time their voice be heard too. If you discriminate against them, you are a homophobe.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but I'm still having trouble understanding your attempt to compare drunken driving to gay marriage.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

in reality i support those who want a violent wedding - even if everyone is carrying a gun and smoking cigs

Shotgun blues.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The world has gone completely mad......we need a war!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

If you're scared of married homosexuals, stay home.

Look this really does not seem like an issue that really even needs to be debated. Any action that is truly non-violent and does not intrude upon another individuals rights should not even be up for public debate. Perhaps I deem you a bad parent, so I will stop you from having children by law. You are not directly or indirectly threatening or harming another person nor infringing upon their rights so what business is it of mine to decide whether or not you should be allowed to have a child?

I never said I was scared of homosexuals. As I clearly stated, I have no problem with civil unions and equal rights. It's just not a marriage and should not be called marriage. It is a symptom of a degenerate society. And I am not talking about homosexuality. I am talking about changing the meaning of everything just because we all fashion ourselves our own little gods.

(caution:language)

edit on 25-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
isn't this just about the legal aspect of a marriage?

they can have a civil ceremony to get married anywhere but it's more about

transfer of inheritance, spousal med coverage from work, taxes, etc.

in a tragic medical situation, unless you are family or (spouse) you cannot see them at the hospital.

not so sure about the last one, tho.

yes, marriage is between a man and a women, in the eyes of the churches.

so call it something else and give them the same bennies as a m+f couple.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but I'm still having trouble understanding your attempt to compare drunken driving to gay marriage.

I'm not really, I am just highlighting the same logic can be applied to legalize drunk-driving. And in fact, I think that drunk driving SHOULD be legal, but God help you if you kill someone driving drunk. Life, no parole, no plea bargain.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
isn't this just about the legal aspect of a marriage?

they can have a civil ceremony to get married anywhere but it's more about

transfer of inheritance, spousal med coverage from work, taxes, etc.

in a tragic medical situation, unless you are family or (spouse) you cannot see them at the hospital.

not so sure about the last one, tho.

yes, marriage is between a man and a women, in the eyes of the churches.

so call it something else and give them the same bennies as a m+f couple.

Totally agreed.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

How dare you infringe on my bondage wedding plans.

I think you just "jumped the shark" with this one. Slippery Slope and False Causal Connection as argument techniques are puerile and unsophisticated. Gay marriage in no way harms society. Every single opinion to the contrary is biased in one way or another by religious politics and is unquestionably anti-civil rights. Society is moving forward with this one. Of course there is always going to be a small minority who resist the evolution of society towards unanimous respect for every person's basic human rights, and the rest of us will watch sadly as those with that kind of mindset are left behind.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dalloway

Incest marriages don't harm society any more than gay marriages.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join